April 24, 2024, 12:58:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #569 1/4 - 1/6/2007 - USE THIS THREAD  (Read 108090 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 04, 2007, 02:10:25 AM »

Let's hope 2007 brings Justice for Natalee

Seems to be a problem with LCD# 568
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:15:42 AM »

Something is wrong with the previous thread so I started this one.  The previous thread, LCD# 568 is not loading for me.  No error, just not loading.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 02:21:00 AM »

You can read the previous thread up until the last page.  

Now that I have this new thead started, I'm calling it a night.

GOODNIGHT ALL!

Remember, if you want a personalized mug go to the link in my signature line.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 02:33:50 AM »

Shoot... I have had problems of threads not pulling up for days and the link to post goes to the front page after I post once and I am tired of getting rec.amazon.com times out.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304916

Anna, here's add'l. info on QuickTime Dec. 2006 I bolded the last part for you... for the French site you posted doesn't say if the glitch is only Mac or Universal or Intell or what

About Security Update 2006-008
This document describes Security Update 2006-008, which can be downloaded and installed via Software Update preferences, or from Apple Downloads.

For the protection of our customers, Apple does not disclose, discuss, or confirm security issues until a full investigation has occurred and any necessary patches or releases are available. To learn more about Apple Product Security, see the Apple Product Security website.

For information about the Apple Product Security PGP Key, see "How to use the Apple Product Security PGP Key."

Where possible, CVE IDs are used to reference the vulnerabilities for further information.

To learn about other Security Updates, see "Apple Security Updates."

Security Update 2006-008
   ▪    
QuickTime for Java, Quartz Composer

CVE-ID: CVE-2006-5681

Available for: Mac OS X v10.4.8, Mac OS X Server v10.4.8

Impact: Visiting a malicious web site may lead to information disclosure

Description: Java applets may use QuickTime for Java to obtain the images rendered on screen by embedded QuickTime objects and upload them to the originating web site. When this facility is used in conjunction with Quartz Composer, it becomes possible to capture images that may contain local information. This update addresses the issue by disallowing Quartz Composer compositions in unsigned Java applets. Quartz Composer compositions continue to function locally. Applications and signed Java applets that utilize QuickTime and QuickTime for Java are unaffected. This issue does not affect systems prior to Mac OS X v10.4. It also does not affect the Windows platform. Credit to Geoff Beier for reporting this issue.

I really don't know much more than when I started.. which is one reason I haven't switched to a higher OS

I still would recommend getting the newest QuickTime version for your computer and look into that browser certificate notification that I mention a few posts ago.

One of the Mac blog said it wasn't a worm on MySpace but a phishing program.

This is my last post for tonight, as each time I post it links me back to the main thread, both in Safari and Netscape. I refuse to use IE for it's shot full of security problems over time.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 07:30:54 AM »

Good morning.

I enjoyed the podcast last nite.  I listen via itunes which seems to work fine.  

SB's suggestion to uninstall and then reinstall players is a great one.  Having done some tech support in a past life, believe it or not, I agree that sometimes it's best just to start from scratch!

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 08:09:10 AM »

Morning Monkeys, is Klaasend around yet? Klaas, I posted an update in the missing persons under Coreen Wiess, with the first attempt to print I got a "debug " mode message.....so I didn't think it printed, infact last post , posted 2x can you possibly delete the last one? Sorry.....TIA

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 08:49:44 AM »

Diario
http://www.diarioaruba.com/
Amigoe
http://www.amigoe.com/english/
BonDia
http://www.cspnv.com/
Solo di Pueblo
http://www.solodipueblo.com/
AweMainta
http://www.awemainta.com/
Aruba Today
http://www.arubatoday.com/
Translator:
http://papiamentu.donamaro.nl

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 09:08:23 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Good morning.

SB's suggestion to uninstall and then reinstall players is a great one.  Having done some tech support in a past life, believe it or not, I agree that sometimes it's best just to start from scratch!

Hey, Peaches, you still here? My clock's off again, and I never know!  Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 09:10:06 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Quote from: "Peaches"
Good morning.

Hey, Peaches, you still here? My clock's off again, and I never know!  Wink

Laughing No it's not! The clock's right.........Peaches just hasn't been here in a while!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 09:17:51 AM »

I'm here.  Working and lurking as usual.

Expect a miracle.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 09:19:54 AM »

Hang on a sec, Peaches, I have something for you!  Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 09:21:45 AM »

Here you go, Peaches. If you like it then when the time comes, you're all set for Valentine's Day!

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 09:25:16 AM »

Good morning monkeys!  Good to see you all this a.m.  I will be working and lurking as usual - gggaaaggg.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 09:26:34 AM »

Quote from: "Kimmy53"
Good morning monkeys!  Good to see you all this a.m.  I will be working and lurking as usual - gggaaaggg.

Me too, Kimmy. That seems to be the "mode" of the day! Morning Monkeys!!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 09:29:39 AM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Here you go, Peaches. If you like it then when the time comes, you're all set for Valentine's Day!

I LOVE IT!  That is so cool.  Thank you so much.  I feel special NOW!

I just have to save it and then remember where I put it.........

Seriously, it's lovely.  I can't wait to use it!

Expect a miracle.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 09:38:36 AM »

Your welcome Peaches. Glad you liked it.  Wink
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 09:39:31 AM »

Good morning - I'm just sorta shopping for a more colorful monkey orchid.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 10:13:08 AM »

Hey Cbb,Peaches,Kimmie,and whale.I am around hacking up fur balls after all the crap on tv about aruba.It is ironic that one of the classics human children have to read in high is Lord Of The Flies.A study came out today from a Catholic high where a group of cheerleaders ran the school(mother of one was principle) and never learn in the cases why and what is wrong,if they are given free reign.I think this part of The id,ego,and superego.This was about girls,not pimps,but you could changed the names and guess what,the story fit.Combine this with a Sociopath(escalating)and you have aruba.The handling of the case shows the depth of the problem.Enough rant,I have some cream to lap up.CAT

Live with hope,looking for justice
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 10:33:49 AM »

Good morning friends.... Smile

This is OT....if anyone has a diabetic dog, would you check the lounge for a question on insulin....many thanks, Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 10:41:57 AM »

Quote from: "Cat"
Hey Cbb,Peaches,Kimmie,and whale.I am around hacking up fur balls after all the crap on tv about aruba.It is ironic that one of the classics human children have to read in high is Lord Of The Flies.A study came out today from a Catholic high where a group of cheerleaders ran the school(mother of one was principle) and never learn in the cases why and what is wrong,if they are given free reign.I think this part of The id,ego,and superego.This was about girls,not pimps,but you could changed the names and guess what,the story fit.Combine this with a Sociopath(escalating)and you have aruba.The handling of the case shows the depth of the problem.Enough rant,I have some cream to lap up.CAT

Good Morning Cat!  Love the avatar by the way.  

I agree with you.  So many kids now a days are not given any consequences to their actions.  Parents don't want to say "NO" to them.  Although the kids may not like boundaries, it gives them security.  When they are allowed to do whatever they want with no consequences, some take things too far.  Add to that sociopath behavior and it is a recipe for disaster.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.