March 29, 2024, 09:20:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriel Johnson #4 2/16/10 - 2/20/11  (Read 295908 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: March 17, 2010, 05:51:08 PM »

March 17, 2010

Mom of Missing Baby Delays Case
Gabriel Johnson's mother refusing to leave jail cell and go to court

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4112991/mom-of-missing-baby-delays-case?category_id=86856

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: March 17, 2010, 06:02:44 PM »

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2010/03/17/20100317missing-baby-court-hearing.html

Mother of missing Tempe
baby has to keep lawyer

Mar. 17, 2010 01:19 PM
Associated Press

A Phoenix judge on Wednesday refused to
fire the lawyer defending the mother of an
Arizona baby who has been missing for
nearly three months.

Elizabeth Johnson, 23, had asked the judge
to dismiss attorney Vanessa Smith, saying in
a motion handwritten on notebook paper
that Smith "does not file motions I request
and pressures me to do what she wants."

Johnson's son, Gabriel, was 8 months old
when he was last seen in late December in
San Antonio, and police don't know whether
he's alive. Johnson, who remains in jail, has
pleaded not guilty to kidnapping, child abuse
and custodial interference in the case.

In her motion, Johnson wrote that Smith was
"inadequately representing" her, adding that
Smith had discussed the case of an
unrelated client with her and that she
thought Smith had been discussing her case
with others.

Judge Timothy Ryan denied Johnson's
request to fire Smith at a hearing
Wednesday, telling her why Smith didn't file a
motion to change her release conditions,
and that she has been acting properly as her
attorney.
(snipped)
Belmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #522 on: March 17, 2010, 06:03:42 PM »

Mother of missing Arizona baby has to keep lawyer (video)

UPDATE:  PHOENIX  -- A Phoenix judge has refused to fire the lawyer of the mother of an Arizona baby missing for nearly three months.

Elizabeth Johnson had asked the judge to fire attorney Vanessa Smith, saying in a motion handwritten on notebook paper that Smith "does not file motions I request and pressures me to do what she wants."

Judge Timothy Ryan denied Johnson's request at a hearing Wednesday.

The 23-year-old Johnson's lip quivered when Ryan mentioned her son Gabriel, who was 8 months old when he was last seen in late December in San Antonio.

Johnson won't say where he is. She told the boy's father she killed him and put his body in a trash bin, while she told police she gave him to a San Antonio couple.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Mother-of-missing-Arizona-baby-expected-in-court-88166277.html

thanks NR...........my fear is babies change so much, so quickly.......if this keeps on as it is....Gabriel will never be found....people could be walking around with him right out in the open  and and one would ever recognize him
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #523 on: March 17, 2010, 06:07:25 PM »

Thank you for the updates, I got busy.  Me, EJ, a baseball bat....I'll get some answers.....just sayin

tie her ass down and stick her with a vial of truth serum

YEA!! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: March 17, 2010, 07:16:42 PM »

Baby Gariel's mom asks to fire attorney (video)

The mother of a missing boy last seen here in San Antonio was in court in Phoenix Wednesday.

Elizabeth Johnson asked the judge to fire her attorney Vanessa Smith.

Johnson says Smith does not file the motions she requests and pressures her to do things she doesn't want to.

That request was denied.

Johnson is facing several charges in connection with the disappearance of her son, Gabriel.

The two were last seen here in San Antonio the day after Christmas, but authorities say Johnson is refusing to help find him.

A search of the Tessman Rd. landfill was called off last week when no evidence was found.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Baby-Gariels-mom-asks-to-fire-attorney-denied-88267467.html
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #525 on: March 19, 2010, 11:42:40 AM »

Hi ALL! I really think she has some mental health issues and am wondering why she is not receiving help for this. So many mental health victims fall through the cracks in our prison system. I am not condoning what she has done, but there is some underlying problems within that need to addressed. At that point she may come clean with where Gabriel is. Having her sitting in an isolated cell and catering to her is not going to help. She appears to be detached. jmo Have a beautiful spring day all!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #526 on: March 20, 2010, 09:40:55 AM »

No New Lawyer For Baby Gabriel's Mom
Elizabeth Johnson Charged With Kidnapping, Custodial Interference

POSTED: 8:31 am MST March 17, 2010
UPDATED: 11:25 am MST March 17, 2010

PHOENIX -- During a hearing Wednesday morning, a judge denied a request from the mother of missing baby Gabriel Johnson for a new lawyer, according to a courthouse representative.

This court appearance comes about two weeks after Elizabeth Johnson, 23, refused to leave her jail cell for a pre-trial conference on whether she could dismiss her court-appointed attorney

Judge Timothy Ryan said Johnson must be in court to ask for a new lawyer.

Johnson is charged with kidnapping and custodial interference in connection with the disappearance of her son Gabriel, who was last seen with her in San Antonio, Texas, on Dec. 26.

Johnson was arrested several days later in Florida and extradited to Maricopa County.
http://www.kpho.com/news/22865049/detail.html

Does this mean she did show up?

Nevermind, I see my answer...sorry
So does this mean she DIDN'T go to court?  How can this be allowed to happen?

now I am confused if she was in court or if she was not in court today   

NoRose,

The Kindness volunteer didn't succeed,:(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: [RAOGK-Req] Arizona Maricopa, ALL
Fri, March 19, 2010 11:16:51 PMFrom: "Faeriestar123@aol.com" <Faeriestar123@aol.com>Add to Contacts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry to say that my two months in AZ this year have been bombarded with work and time restrictions that conflict with the new reduced, restricted hours at the obit library.  This has caused me to be leaving town and not have had time to finish my HUGE stack of requests this year.  Yours is one I have not gotten to.  I do apologize.  Please send your request to another volunteer.

Good luck,
B

In a message dated 2/9/2010 11:38:31 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,

An Obit,please, for:

JOHNSON Sr., Robert W.  5/4/2007 EVT obit  (Maricopa, Arizona)

Thank-you for your time.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #527 on: March 20, 2010, 09:46:37 AM »

I wished the kindness volunteer would have explained what the "Obit Library" is 
This is a link when I looked Obit Library...gosh if we only knew where the Obit Library is in Arizona.
http://www.library.pima.gov/research/guides/obituaries.php

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: March 20, 2010, 10:30:13 AM »

http://www.kpho.com/news/22891330/detail.html

Baby Gabriel's Dad Appears On Radio Show
Logan McQueary Talks Fundraising Efforts, Upcoming Move To San Antonio

POSTED: 1:39 pm MST March 19, 2010
UPDATED: 1:58 pm MST March 19, 2010
PHOENIX -- The father of missing baby Gabriel Johnson was a guest on a local radio station's morning show Friday to discuss his efforts to raise funds to aid in the search for his son.

Logan McQueary was interviewed on KWSS' Morning Infidelity show while at an event to raise money to help find his son, who was last seen Dec. 26, 2009, with the boy's mother, Elizabeth Johnson, in San Antonio, Texas.

Johnson now sits in a Maricopa County jail on charges of kidnapping and custodial interference relating to Gabriel's disappearance.

As part of the fundraiser, which was held at a T-Mobile store in Scottsdale, McQueary was auctioning off a signed football and raffling "Team Gabriel" T-shirts signed by Alice Cooper.

"Most of the money's been going towards helping find Gabriel," McQueary said at the event. "The unfortunate thing is that everything does cost money, and looking into people and doing background checks … costs a lot of money."

McQueary also said that he's hopeful his son will be found.

"We have a lot of confidence in everything that we're doing, and we're getting a lot closer to finding him," he said.

He also said he plans to move to San Antonio on March 28 to continue the search for his son. McQueary said he's already found a job and a place to live.

"That's where everything started," he said. "And that's the last place he was seen, so I just think I need to be there."

McQueary also said that he's appreciative of the outpouring of support he's received.

"It's been amazing how many people are coming out and how much people are giving their support," he said. "I just want to thank everybody for doing it."
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #529 on: March 20, 2010, 11:59:53 AM »

This is a link when I looked Obit Library...gosh if we only knew where the Obit Library is in Arizona.

I don't think it's in any *one place*, but in many, sorted by area.  Here's a link with some areas and volunteers that work those areas.  Hope it helps.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~obitl/volaz.html

The following link is if you need a volunteer and can't find one, etc.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~obitl/contact1.html

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #530 on: March 21, 2010, 11:17:52 AM »

PI: Baby Gabriel's Mom Not Alone
Multiple Witnesses Say Elizabeth Johnson Had Male Company In San Antonio

Pat McReynolds
Reporter, KPHO.com

POSTED: 8:03 pm MST March 17, 2010
UPDATED: 9:24 am MST March 18, 2010

PHOENIX -- The newest private investigator to handle the baby Gabriel case tells CBS 5 News several witnesses told him the baby's mom had a male companion starting the first night she was in San Antonio.

Ken Gamble, of Gamble Investigations Inc., was in the audience during a hearing Wednesday morning in Phoenix, when a judge denied a request from the mother of missing baby Gabriel Johnson for a new lawyer.

Johnson, 23, asked for new representation because she said her current attorneys were ignoring her request to ask the judge to reconsider letting her out of jail, according to Judge Timothy Ryan.

Johnson also told the judge she felt her lawyers were pressuring her, but Ryan said it was for her own good.

"The reality is they have a case involving baby Gabriel, and the police want to know where baby Gabriel is located," Ryan told her. "So when your attorneys come to you for information from the police … the reason they're doing that is not to pressure you. It's their ethical responsibility to talk to you about those things."

Gamble wanted to meet with Johnson, but she has yet to agree. But even without that meeting, Gamble told CBS 5 News that there is no evidence that Johnson killed Gabriel. He said everything points to her giving him up in an underground and illegal adoption. Gamble remains confident Gabriel is still in the United States.

Johnson is currently charged with kidnapping and custodial interference in connection with the disappearance of her son Gabriel, who was last seen with her in San Antonio, Texas, on Dec. 26.

Johnson was arrested several days later in Florida and extradited to Maricopa County.

She told police that she gave Gabriel to a couple in San Antonio; however, she told Gabriel's father that she had killed the baby and dumped him in the trash.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22872753/detail.html

She is clearly delusional if she actually thinks a Judge would even think about letting her out of jail.  This is the first I have heard about a new investigator.  Doesn't really say who he is working for.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #531 on: March 24, 2010, 03:24:38 PM »

I don't think it's in any *one place*, but in many, sorted by area.  Here's a link with some areas and volunteers that work those areas.  Hope it helps.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~obitl/volaz.html

The following link is if you need a volunteer and can't find one, etc.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~obitl/contact1.html

Hi Wyks and Monkey's,

Thank-you for the information Wyks it is very helpful for other stuff.

I e-mailed the kindness person  ::MonkeyAngel::and she was kind to give me the link to the Obit Library.

http://www.lib.az.us/

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #532 on: March 24, 2010, 03:35:25 PM »

http://www.lib.az.us/is/genealogy/

This link to the library must be where Random Acts of Kindness volunteer does her research.  She may go in person since
she couldn't get to my request.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #533 on: March 24, 2010, 03:38:41 PM »

http://www.lib.az.us/is/genealogy/handouts/InternetSitesforGenealogists.pdf

I keyed in "obits" on the Libraries search and found more links, nothing yet to E.J. father, still digging.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: March 25, 2010, 10:21:03 AM »

http://www.kpho.com/news/22932335/detail.html
McQueary: I Am Baby Gabriel's Dad
Toby Keith's Bar And Grill To Host Fundraiser April 10

POSTED: 11:07 am MST March 24,2010
UPDATED: 11:20 am MST March 24,2010
PHOENIX -- The father of missing baby Gabriel Johnson held a news conference Tuesday to refute allegations that he is not the boy's father.

Gabriel was last seen in San Antonio, Texas, on the day after Christmas with his mother, Elizabeth Johnson. Johnson was later arrested in Florida and extradited to Arizona, where she sits in a Maricopa County Jail on charges of kidnapping and custodial interference relating to her son's disappearance.

The paternity allegations recently surfaced on a blog. Nevertheless, Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary, and his attorneys said they have all they need to prove McQueary is the boy's father.

McQueary even offered a baby photo of himself, saying the similarities between his appearance at that age and Gabriel's are even more proof he's the father.

McQueary, who is moving to Texas, and his attorneys said they regretted they had to take time out of the search for Gabriel.
This isn't the first time Gabriel's paternity has been called into doubt.

When Johnson and Tammi Smith, who wanted to adopt Gabriel, went to the courthouse to file custody paperwork, Johnson listed Craig Cherry as a potential father of her baby.

Cherry, who is Smith's first cousin, told police that he had never met or spoken with Johnson.

Police said they have evidence that Smith filled out the paperwork, knowing Cherry could not be the father, put his name down anyway.

Smith was later arrested on charges of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.
Toby Keith's Bar And Grill To Host Fundraiser
Mesa restaurant Toby Keith's Bar and Grill, along with organization Jessica's Law Now, will hold its own fundraiser April 10.

The function will feature a live auction and concert featuring Nick Nicholson, a country musician.
All proceeds will go to help McQueary pay for his search.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: March 25, 2010, 12:41:02 PM »

Editor Speaks Out
This Shouldn’t Happen

Her hair is smooth and blonde, glistening in the light of the sun as it falls loosely around her shoulders. Her pale skin is smooth and soft. Her eyes shine a bright blue-green, her lips colored a soft pink. Two gold hoop earrings dangle from her ears shooting tiny little rays of light into the air. When she smiles, she looks happy, her white teeth radiantly visible.

It is hard to imagine why Elizabeth Johnson, 23, with her perfectly photogenic smile, was arrested the first week of January as a suspect in the disappearance of her 8-month-old son, Gabriel Johnson. When Jack and Tammi Smith, an Arizona couple, said that they made plans with Johnson to adopt her son before he went missing, reports began to fly that Johnson may have sold her baby in an illegal adoption.

The first question that came to my mind after hearing this was what kind of mother would do that? It’s hard to imagine what kind of person you would need to be to sell your own child. It’s something we have been forced to recently imagine though because of Johnson.

Police said they became suspicious of Johnson when she failed to attend a custody hearing for Gabriel scheduled for Dec. 28. Around that time police believed Johnson, violating her duel custody order with Gabriel’s father, took Gabriel to a hotel room in San Antonio, Tex. There, police said, she allegedly called a babysitter from Craigslist to watch Gabriel while she left to “go to an important appointment.”

In the San Antonio hotel room supposedly the last pictures of baby Gabriel were snapped on Johnson’s cellphone before he was officially declared missing on Dec. 26.

In the photos Gabriel looks lethargic, his eyes drooping and sullen. His hair is a mess. In one photo Gabriel is depicted holding a medicine bottle to his mouth.

Supposedly before she left Johnson told the babysitter that there was a Tylenol bottle on the table and if Gabriel would not shut-up, give him more medicine.

How could a person, a mother, be so cruel to their own child? I don’t understand how Johnson could look at her baby’s face, crusted with old food, his eyes sullen and not feel an ounce of compassion.

Shortly after Gabriel went missing, Logan McQueary, the baby’s father, came forward with a text message he received from Johnson claiming she killed Gabriel and stuffed him in a dumpster.

While in holding, Johnson told authorities that she had given her baby to a couple at the park.

Either way, Johnson does not deserve to be a mother. Anyone who could look into the innocent eyes of her baby and sell her own child in an illegal adoption or worse, could kill their child does not deserve to have a child.

On Friday, Mar. 13 authorities made a statement that after completing 16 full days of searching through 4,260 tons of debris from the target area, they found no signs of baby Gabriel or evidence of a homicide.

This fact is only one small glimmer of hope. Johnson may not have killed her child. However, Gabriel still remains missing and she was allegedly the last one to have seen him.

I remember when I first saw this story played out on television. My heart ached for this child. When the photos were released from Johnson’s phone I could not help but cry. A child is not supposed to look like that. His cheeks are supposed to be flushed and chubby, not pale and collapsed. He is supposed to be smiling, bright-eyed, not crying only wanting to be held. He is supposed to have toys to play with and books to read. This shouldn’t happen.

I can only hope that Gabriel is out there somewhere, possibly with a family who is taking care of him and that Johnson never has the chance to hurt him again.

http://www.quadnews.net/opinion/editor-speaks-out-1.2196507
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #536 on: March 25, 2010, 01:47:44 PM »

Seahorse ....I just sent an email to a friend of mine in Tempe, to see if she could find an obit for EJ's dad.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #537 on: March 26, 2010, 04:49:26 PM »

Judge grants father of missing baby Gabriel sole custody

Last Update: 1:20 pm 

PHOENIX – The father of a Tempe baby missing since December has been granted sole custody of the boy by a judge on Friday.

Officials have been looking for clues to the fate of 10-month-old Gabriel, who was last seen on December 26 in San Antonio with his 23-year-old mother, Elizabeth Johnson.

Johnson has refused to say where her baby is.

The search of a Texas landfill was called off earlier this month after crews sorted through approximately 4,200 tons of trash at the Tessman Road Landfill.

"This case leaves us with somewhat of a bittersweet conclusion," said San Antonio Police Chief William McManus. "The good news is we have no homicide at this point, the bad news is the case remains open."

McManus said the 16 day search of the landfill produced no evidence in the case.

"This is, of course, a great relief to me and my family but honestly, it does not come as a surprise," said Gabriel's father Logan McQueary. "I have always believed, and continue to believe, that my son is alive."

McQueary says he will continue searching until his son is returned home.

"It is frustrating and baffling," said McManus.  "I can't figure out why [Johnson] is not talking except for the obvious reason.  It doesn't make sense to me.  She claims she didn't kill the baby but yet is not giving up where it is."

Johnson reportedly told McQueary that she killed Gabriel, but the McQueary family believes the boy is alive.

McQueary released a statement expressing relief that no body had been found saying that he continues to believe that his son is alive.

Johnson was arrested Dec. 30 in Florida and has been charged in Arizona with kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference.

The case drew national attention when McQueary pleaded for his son's safe return on national TV.

"We think Gabriel is out there and alive," he said last week.

McQueary has also formed an investigative team of his own. 

Along with family members and the world famous private detective Jay J. Armes, McQueary has been making his rounds, passing out flyers and visiting hotels, gas stations, bus stops and fast food restaurants Johnson may have visited before Gabriel was last seen in San Antonio.

Armes said he believes Gabriel was the victim of an "underground adoption," and has made a trip to Mexico to look for the child.

Authorities said Johnson and her baby were in San Antonio December 20-27 and spent her time in two hotels.

Authorities say that on December 27, Johnson was seen boarding a bus to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., but Gabriel wasn't with her.

A Facebook page dedicated to Gabriel Johnson has become an outlet for some to show their support and hold out hope that the baby boy is alive.

About 100 people attended a vigil in late January at Scottsdale's Chaparral Park near Hayden and Chaparral Roads.

"I just want to thank everyone, the support is great, I'm very thankful," said Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary.

McQueary said he has not visited Elizabeth Johnson in jail, but has thought about it.

"I'm not exactly sure what I would say to her, other than I just want her to be honest," said McQueary.

In January, detectives searched the home of a Scottsdale couple considered 'persons of interest' in the case.

Jack and Tammi Smith said police took their laptop computer and made a copy of a business computer's hard drive. They said authorities also took brochures they had for a foster agency.

Tempe Police Lt. Mike Horn discusses the case

The search warrant came just hours after Tammi Smith voluntarily met with Tempe detectives for more than two hours.

As she walked out of Tempe Police Department Headquarters, Smith could be heard saying, "That was rough."

Tammi was arrested and indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit custodial interference and forgery.

Police say a reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for the safe return of the Tempe toddler.

The reward is being offered through Crime Stoppers in San Antonio, Texas.

Anyone with information about Gabriel can call Crime Stoppers at 210-224-STOP or online at http://www.sacrimestoppers.com

Police continue to urge anyone with information to call 1-800-THE-LOST toll free.
http://www.abc15.com/content/news/southeastvalley/tempe/story/Judge-grants-father-of-missing-baby-Gabriel-sole/xgsbK2cK80iD5ZWBC0ifjg.cspx

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #538 on: March 26, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »

Nut, thanks for the update! 

Bittersweet that Gabe's father has been granted sole custody.  I hope and pray that Gabe is found safe and sound, and delivered into his daddy's arms.   an angelic monkey

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: March 27, 2010, 07:12:04 AM »

http://www.kpho.com/news/22972837/detail.html
Dr.: Mom Not Interested In Baby Gabriel
Sarah Buduson
Reporter, KPHO.com

POSTED: 9:38 pm MST March 26,2010
UPDATED: 11:02 pm MST March 26,2010
PHOENIX -- After viewing a video of Friday’s custody hearing about missing baby Gabriel Johnson, well-known Valley forensic psychologist Dr. Erin Nelson said Elizabeth Johnson didn’t appear interested in her child.

During the hearing, Johnson broke down in tears on the stand when Maricopa Superior Court Judge Michael McVey questioned her about Gabriel’s whereabouts.

Gabriel was last seen with Johnson in San Antonio, Texas, on Dec. 26. She was arrested a few days later in Florida and extradited to Maricopa County.

Upon advice from her attorney during the hearing, Johnson replied to each question by saying, “I invoke my right to remain silent.”

Judge McVey awarded Gabriel’s father, Logan McQueary, custody during the hearing.

Nelson said Johnson’s behavior indicated that her primary concern is not her son, but her own fate.

"The one thing I take away from today is that clearly Elizabeth Johnson is somebody who has her own interests as her number one priority,” said Nelson.

Johnson only became emotional when she was being questioned about issues that could impact the charges against her.
She did not visibly react when the judge awarded custody to McQueary and revoked her right to spend time with Gabriel.

“Her behavior doesn't bode well for her level of interest in the child,” said Nelson. "It is noteworthy that at the time that custody is awarded to the father, she is stoic."

Johnson still refuses to reveal what she did with Gabriel after she took him to Texas last December.

Nelson said that may not be an indication of guilt, but it could be a way for Johnson to retain control over the situation.

"For certain people, just that level of control can be intoxicating,” she said. “To have people all over the world hanging on your word, that's a pretty powerful place to be and that could a feeling she's not ready to relinquish.”

Nelson said nothing that happened in court Friday clearly indicates whether or not Johnson harmed her son, but the fact that Gabriel has been missing for almost three months is a concern.

“That amount of time without any significant hit or any that I'm aware of doesn't bode well for a happy ending,” she said.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.