March 29, 2024, 03:09:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 8 4/06/11 -  (Read 170887 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2012, 11:31:52 PM »

Good to see they are still looking for her..

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2012, 09:02:16 AM »

Good to see they are still looking for her..

I agree, it is good they're still looking for Lindsey.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »

Video at link

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/27/find-our-children-lindsey-baum-2/

January 27, 2012
Find Our Children: Lindsey Baum
Posted: 01:35 PM ET

In Session has teamed up with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children to help find some missing children. In this segment of Find Our Children we focus on missing Lindsey Baum. Watch the video for more information on Baum. If you have any information about the whereabouts of this child please call 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).
 --------------------

LE is questioning new people.  Every lead is actively investigated.

It is good to hear that after 2 1/2 years, LE is determined to follow up leads and find Lindsey! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2012, 03:01:51 PM »

Video at link

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/27/find-our-children-lindsey-baum-2/

January 27, 2012
Find Our Children: Lindsey Baum
Posted: 01:35 PM ET

In Session has teamed up with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children to help find some missing children. In this segment of Find Our Children we focus on missing Lindsey Baum. Watch the video for more information on Baum. If you have any information about the whereabouts of this child please call 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).
 --------------------

LE is questioning new people.  Every lead is actively investigated.

It is good to hear that after 2 1/2 years, LE is determined to follow up leads and find Lindsey! 

BBM

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2012, 03:29:27 PM »

Investigators seek 2 women in Lindsey Baum disappearance

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Investigators-seek-2-women-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139031194.html

MCCLEARY, Wash. - Investigators released a video Thursday showing two women who were seen with a man who now has been identified as a person of interest in the June 2009 disappearance of Lindsey Baum.

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said the surveillance video is from a convenience store in the area that was recorded about the time that Lindsey vanished while walking home in the small town of McCleary.

The video shows a local man, jewelry store owner Tim Hartman, who police have interviewed before and identified Thursday as a person of interest in the case. He can be seen in the video making a purchase in the store.

Also seen in the video are two unidentified women, one of whom is seen speaking briefly with Hartman in the store.

Scott says it's possible the two women may have information that will help in their investigation of Lindsey's disappearance, and police would like to speak with them.

He is asking the women in the video or anyone who recognizes them to get in touch with the Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office.
 ::snipping2::

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »

Video at link

http://www.nwcn.com/news/139032379.html

Video offers new clues in Lindsey Baum case
Posted on February 9, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Updated today at 11:11 AM

MCCLEARY, Wash. – Investigators are looking for two women seen on surveillance video talking to a jewelry store owner considered a person of interest in the case of missing McCleary girl Lindsey Baum.

KING 5 News has learned the man told investigators he was not in town when Baum disappeared on June 26, 2009, but the video appears to contradict that.

The Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office said the video was recorded from Mike’s Market at 204 West Simpson Avenue. About 23 seconds in, the man is seen chatting briefly with two other customers before he left.

The time stamp on the video is 9:20 p.m. That's close to when Baum, who was 10 at the time, disappeared while walking home.

Investigators would like to speak to the women.

Police served a search warrant on the man’s business, Hartman Jewelry, on Oct. 18, 2011, as part of the Baum investigation. He is one of several dozen persons of interest in the case.

It's believed Baum vanished about a quarter-mile from the jewelry store, which is a couple blocks away from Mike's Market.

The sheriff’s office said it held off releasing the video until now at the request of the FBI as part of their ongoing investigation.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2012, 03:35:45 PM »

Video at link

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Investigators-seek-2-women-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139031194.html

Investigators seek 2 women in Lindsey Baum disappearance
By KOMO Staff Published: Feb 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM PST Last Updated: Feb 9, 2012 at 12:14 PM PST

MCCLEARY, Wash. - Investigators released a video Thursday showing two women who were seen with a man who now has been identified as a person of interest in the June 2009 disappearance of Lindsey Baum.

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said the surveillance video is from a convenience store in the area that was recorded about the time that Lindsey vanished while walking home in the small town of McCleary.

The video shows a local man, jewelry store owner Tim Hartman, who police have interviewed before and identified Thursday as a person of interest in the case. He can be seen in the video making a purchase in the store.

Also seen in the video are two unidentified women, one of whom is seen speaking briefly with Hartman in the store.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »

Sorry for the duplicate, nicubird... was so excited with the new news and possibly a new lead to find Lindsey!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »

No worries if an article is posted twice.     I think it's just great to see some more movement in Lindsey's case!  I appreciate the updates from everyone.  I hope we can find out soon what happened to Lindsey.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2012, 03:58:36 PM »

No worries if an article is posted twice.     I think it's just great to see some more movement in Lindsey's case!  I appreciate the updates from everyone.  I hope we can find out soon what happened to Lindsey.

Thanks, Mzzz Bee!     With every lead and cooperation of the community, LE will be able to narrow the focus of the investigation and persons of interest.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2012, 04:13:53 PM »

http://www.theolympian.com/2012/02/09/1983638/video-shows-person-of-interest.html

Video shows person of interest in Baum investigation
BY JEREMY PAWLOSKI | Staff writer • Published February 09, 2012

“He had categorically denied being in McCleary at the time she disappeared,” Scott said. “Obviously, the video shows that’s not the case.” Scott added that the person of interest, who owns a jewelry store northwest of McCleary, does not contest that the video depicts him.

“That’s not in debate,” Scott said.

Investigators have only recently shared the video with the person of interest, Scott said. Scott would not discuss what the person of interest’s response was after he was shown the video.

“I don’t want to get into what he said or didn’t say,” Scott said.

Scott said the existence of the video was withheld from the public, and from the person of interest, at the advice of the FBI, who are assisting the sheriff’s office with the investigation.

Investigators are now releasing the video to media outlets because they want to identify two women who were speaking with the person of interest during a brief interaction inside the convenience store, Scott said. There is no audio on the video, according to Scott.

“What they saw, heard, or observed could be important to us,” Scott said.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/02/09/1983638/video-shows-person-of-interest.html#storylink=cpy
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2012, 08:19:22 PM »

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017469347_apwamissingmcclearygirl1stldwritethru.html

Originally published Thursday, February 9, 2012 at 3:03 PM
Search continues for missing McCleary girl

MONTESANO, Wash. —
Hours after releasing a video that shows a person of interest in the case of the 2009 disappearance of a girl in McCleary, the Grays Harbor sheriff's office says it has located two women they wanted to talk to.

Undersheriff Rick Scott says his agency has been able to find the two sisters, who are local to McCleary, and will interview them soon.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2012, 10:40:25 PM »

Person of interest identified in Lindsey Baum disappearance
By KOMO Staff Published: Feb 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM PST Last Updated: Feb 9, 2012 at 2:43 PM PST

In an interview on Thursday, Hartman told KOMO News that he had nothing to do with Lindsey's disappearance.

He admitted he initially told police he was not at the convenience store, but said he honestly doesn't remember being there at the time in question.

He says he showed investigators a "certificate" showing that he had been in a class in Belfair until 9 p.m. on June 26 and couldn't have made it to McCleary by 9:15 p.m. But he says FBI investigators then determined that the class actually had ended at 8:15 p.m.

"I still don't remember being here the night Lindsey disappeared, but they have me at Mike's (Market) at 21:15 on their camera, 'cause I looked at the picture, and I said, 'Yeah, that is me.' But I still don't remember being here at that time."

Hartman tells KOMO News he made an ambulance run later in the evening of June 26, and when he returned to McCleary, the search for Lindsey already was under way.

He says Chief George Crumb of the McCleary Police Department then asked him to join in the search, which he did. But Chief Crumb now says he doesn't remember asking him to take part, Hartman says.

After joining in the search for a while, Hartman says he returned home but couldn't sleep, so he went out searching again. It was then, at about 1 a.m., that he says he ran into Lindsey's mother, and says he drove her to a local creek where Lindsey sometimes went to play, in hopes they would find her there.

He says he searched there, and he left some markers to show where he had searched, but they were gone the next day.

"I don't have a clue what's going on," he told KOMO News. "They got to do what they got to do. ... They're wasting a lot of money investigating me."

Hartman says the search of his home and business has "done damage to my reputation."
--------------------------

Ambulance run?  I hope that LE or the FBI checked it out.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »

We have looked at this guy before.  Need to go and find that.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: February 15, 2012, 10:22:47 PM »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/possible-new-evidence-revealed-disappearance-linds/nHdgw/

Posted: 5:47 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2012
Possible new evidence revealed in disappearance of Lindsey Baum

GRAYS HARBOR COUNTY, Wash. —
Investigators revealed Wednesday that items recovered during a search involving a person of interest in the disappearance of Lindsey Baum included a fingernail, ropes and handwritten notes regarding the girl, who has been missing for more than two years.

According to documents obtained by KIRO 7, police took more than 100 items from a man who runs a jewelry store in McCleary, the town where Baum vanished. Among the items seized from the man’s home, car and business were, according to a search warrant:

1."Apparent fingernail from passenger side of car"
2."Ropes and straps"
3."Numerous computers and computer storage devices"
4."Pink sheet with unknown stains"
5."Brown duffle bag with assumed human hair"
6."Handwritten notes  regarding missing child"

Scott wouldn’t comment Wednesday on the importance of any specific items taken during the search, but said everything was being analyzed to discover any potential risk to Baum.

“It takes us a long time to get the results back from all that,” Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said.
The man has a sign outside of his business now that reads, “Thanks for the support.” He has told KIRO 7’s Richard Thompson in the past that he had nothing to do with Baum’s disappearance, but he wasn’t available Wednesday to speak about the items police took as potential evidence.
----------------------

It takes a long time to get results back?  Give me a break!  Lindsey has been missing since June, 2009!  Put a priority on it!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: February 17, 2012, 12:57:59 AM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/New-evidence-surfaces-in-Baum-disappearance-139486533.html

New evidence surfaces in Baum disappearance
By Keith Eldridge Published: Feb 16, 2012 at 5:53 PM PST Last Updated: Feb 16, 2012 at 6:35 PM PST

Detectives are still waiting for DNA results to come back on those items.

"Certainly if we had found evidence that clearly linked to Lindsey's disappearance in this investigation, we would have acted on it by now," said Grays Harbor County undersheriff Rick Scott.

In his only televised interview, Tim Hartman told KOMO he has nothing to hide and has let authorities search his place several times since Baum disappeared.

"I gave them free room to look through here whenever they wanted to," Hartman said.

Police now want to know why Hartman hid the truth about where he was the night Baum disappeared.

He told police he wasn't in town during the hours that Baum disappeared, but newly obtained convenience store surveillance camera footage shows Hartman in McCleary at exactly the time of the disappearance.

"I honestly don't remember coming down here that night," Hartman said. "I mean, if they have a picture of me being there, i am not arguing with them, i must have come down. I just don't remember being here."

Police and FBI officials have so far not been able to link the evidence to Baum's disappearance.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2012, 02:01:59 AM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/16/2029328/women-seen-in-video-offer-no-clues.html

Women seen in video offer no clues in Lindsey Baum's disappearance
Hair, ropes, straps and “an apparent fingernail” were seized in October from a Subaru and home belonging to a person of interest in Lindsey Baum’s disappearance.
Published: 02/16/12 5:56 pm Updated: 02/16/12 5:56 pm

Scott said the items seized raised “no red flags,” but he would not further discuss the specific items.

In the past week, the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office has released surveillance footage that shows the person of interest talking to two women inside a McCleary convenience store, now closed, that was located a block or two from where Lindsey disappeared. The footage is from the same date and approximate time Lindsey disappeared.

“He had categorically denied being in McCleary at the time she disappeared,” Scott said last week of the footage from Mike’s Market on West Simpson Street. “Obviously, the video shows that’s not the case.”

Scott wouldn’t discuss why the man initially denied he’d been in McCleary.

After releasing the footage, investigators identified and interviewed the two women in the video. Scott added that the women have not given investigators new evidence or leads.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/16/2029328/women-seen-in-video-offer-no-clues.html#storylink=cpy
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2012, 01:54:01 AM »

Hi Everyone,  I'm praying this new info leads to finding Lindsey and am thankful the FBI are still working on her case.       And kudos to the Sheriff, 2 long years down the road and still right on it!

I think it takes allot nowadays for LE to actually name a POI in a case.  This tells me they must have something on this guy of note - maybe from something they took from his car or house last October.

I'd like to know more about this guy.  What is his personality like?  He was video'ed in Mike's about 15 min before Lindsey was last seen.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2012, 01:18:25 PM »

I'm praying too that the answers will come soon!

http://missingpersonsnews.com/?p=1329

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2012, 03:39:34 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/orlandomicki
micki @orlandomicki
Chat House News: Items seized from man in Lindsey Baum case bit.ly/A61jHq

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/items-seized-from-man-in-lindsey-baum-case/vF5yK/
Items seized from man in Lindsey Baum case

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.