March 28, 2024, 03:32:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 8 4/06/11 -  (Read 170820 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: June 27, 2013, 12:03:05 AM »

Come home, lil Lindsey!   an angelic monkey

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/new-photo-shows-what-lindsey-baum-missing-2009-wou/nYW4Y/

Updated: 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, June 26, 2013 | Posted: 1:04 p.m. Wednesday, June 26, 2013
New photo shows what Lindsey Baum, missing since 2009, would look like today

Age-progressed photo of Lindsey Baum at age 14

MCCLEARY, Wash. —
Four years to the day after 10-year-old Lindsey Baum vanished in McCleary, her mother, Melissa Baum, was posting flyers in town with an age-progressed photo showing what Lindsey Baum may look like today.

"Just to point out to the public she's not a little girl anymore," Melissa Baum said. "She's a young woman, and she's not going to look exactly like she did when she disappeared, she's going to look different."

The age-progressed photo was done by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Melissa Baum helped by contributing photos of herself and Lindsey Baum's father when they were roughly the same age.

Baum said the image offers a new hope and also heartache.

"Just seeing it reminds me of how much time I've missed with her," she said.

Since Lindsey Baum vanished, the Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office has checked out 4,000 tips and interviewed nearly 40 people of interest, but investigators have never found anything that leads to her.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2013, 12:16:09 AM »

http://q13fox.com/2013/06/26/lindsey-baum-still-missing-four-years-later/#axzz2XTowpsUZ

Lindsey Baum still missing four years later   
22 hours ago   

MCCLEARY, Wash. — It has been four years since the disappearance of 10-year-old Lindsey Baum and investigators still have no idea what happened to her.

Lindsey disappeared walking home from a friend’s house in McCleary.

On Wednesday, family, friends and volunteers held a balloon release in her honor.

They would rather be somewhere else, rather have Lindsey home and for the last four years not to have happened, but it did.

“It’s a tough day. I mean four years is a long time and she was 10 when she disappeared; she’s going to be 15 in 11 days,” Lindsey Baum’s mother, Melissa Baum, said.

For Melissa Baum, it has been four years of suffering, crying, praying and wondering about what happened to her daughter.

She says she’s never given up hope.

“I’m just very convinced my daughter is alive. I’m aware of the possibilities, but I have always believed that — that she’s alive and she’s going to come home,” Baum said.

“We don’t have any evidence that will support that she was abducted by a stranger. We don’t have evidence that supports that she was abducted by an acquaintance.  We don’t have evidence that would support a belief that she is the victim of an incident or an accident and we certainly have no evidence that she’s the victim of homicidal violence,” Scott said.

So from a hopeful mother and determined investigators, there were two messages on this day.

“I would like Lindsey to know that I will never give up and I will be waiting for her,” Baum said.

“To the person or persons who are responsible for this; it’s not over.  We haven’t gone away.  We’re not packing up our tent and going home.  We’re going to continue to work this case,” Scott said.

Police are still asking for help.

If anyone knows what happened to Lindsey or if you think you see her, call 911 right away.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2013, 11:24:53 PM »

http://kxro.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/lindsey-baum-4-years-missing/

Lindsey Baum, 4 years missing
June 26, 2013

Today marks 4 years since 10 year old Lindsey Baum went missing from McCleary. Now 14, the investigation continues both on a local level and with national attention. Search warrants have been served on multiple buildings in and around McCleary, and Lindsey’s story has been told on numerous TV shows.

Lindsey’s 15th birthday is July 7th. She went missing while walking from a friend’s home late on June 26, 2009.

Grays Harbor Sheriff Rick Scott said that the case is by no means cold.

A team of investigators continue to work on finding Lindsey. That task force contains investigators with the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s office, FBI, State Patrol Missing Persons Unit and the Department of Corrections. Scott says that no suspects in the case have been ruled out, but no definitive evidence has been discovered yet.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2013, 11:55:05 PM »

I hope you can be home soon, sweet Lindsey. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2013, 09:24:22 AM »

http://kxro.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/lindsey-baum-4-years-missing/

Lindsey Baum, 4 years missing
June 26, 2013

Today marks 4 years since 10 year old Lindsey Baum went missing from McCleary. Now 14, the investigation continues both on a local level and with national attention. Search warrants have been served on multiple buildings in and around McCleary, and Lindsey’s story has been told on numerous TV shows.

Lindsey’s 15th birthday is July 7th. She went missing while walking from a friend’s home late on June 26, 2009.

Grays Harbor Sheriff Rick Scott said that the case is by no means cold.

A team of investigators continue to work on finding Lindsey. That task force contains investigators with the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s office, FBI, State Patrol Missing Persons Unit and the Department of Corrections. Scott says that no suspects in the case have been ruled out, but no definitive evidence has been discovered yet.

Gracious, in some ways it feels like yesterday, in other ways, long, long ago.
Still praying she will be found.
Thank you for the up-dates grace-land.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2013, 04:27:20 PM »

Happy 15th Birthday, Lindsey!      Hoping and praying that you come home soon!

http://kbkw.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5675

Age progressed photo released of Lindsey Baum 
June 26, 2013 at 6:00 am

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has released an age-progressed photo to show what Baum might look like. Scott said her age makes it difficult to guess what she would look like 4 years later "they did this a while back, the family didn't think that it looked like what they envisioned Lindsey to look like. They've done a new one, and it's pretty good - when I looked at it I thought it was how I would have imagined her to appear."

Lindsey will turn 15 years old on July 7th, at the time of her disappearance she was 4-foot-9, 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Lindsey’s mother Melissa, and brother Josh, have since moved out of the McCleary area. The age-progressed photo is expected to be released soon, visit www.missingkids.com for details.

A $35,000 reward continues to be offered for information in the case. If you have any information in the case, please call 1-800-THE-LOST.

Lindsey's mother established a websites to promote the search efforts, www.lindseybaum.com and www.findlindseybaum.com

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2013, 05:41:47 PM »

Happy 15th Birthday, Lindsey!      Hoping and praying that you come home soon!

http://kbkw.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5675

Age progressed photo released of Lindsey Baum 
June 26, 2013 at 6:00 am

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has released an age-progressed photo to show what Baum might look like. Scott said her age makes it difficult to guess what she would look like 4 years later "they did this a while back, the family didn't think that it looked like what they envisioned Lindsey to look like. They've done a new one, and it's pretty good - when I looked at it I thought it was how I would have imagined her to appear."

Lindsey will turn 15 years old on July 7th, at the time of her disappearance she was 4-foot-9, 80 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. Lindsey’s mother Melissa, and brother Josh, have since moved out of the McCleary area. The age-progressed photo is expected to be released soon, visit www.missingkids.com for details.

A $35,000 reward continues to be offered for information in the case. If you have any information in the case, please call 1-800-THE-LOST.

Lindsey's mother established a websites to promote the search efforts, www.lindseybaum.com and www.findlindseybaum.com

alismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2013, 05:05:54 PM »

Thinking of you Lindsey.. Praying you will be found soon..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »

Thinking of you Lindsey.. Praying you will be found soon..

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: August 13, 2013, 07:25:24 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/slideshow/Missing-children-Unsolved-and-solved-Northwest-66881.php
Missing children: Unsolved and solved Northwest cases
July 23, 2013

More than half of child abductions take place in the child's neighborhood, according to the FBI. The Lindsey Baum case is an example.

Baum disappeared from her neighborhood in McCleary in 2009 while walking home from a friend’s house. According to the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office, "Lindsey was last seen at approx. 9:15 p.m. on Friday, June 26th, 2009, leaving her friend’s home on West Maple, several blocks from her residence. She did not arrive home. Her mother reported her missing at 10:50 p.m ... An extensive search of the city and surrounding area was done without any results."

Sheriff Rick Scott with the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office said the investigation into Baum’s disappearance is still active, but tips have gone from a flood to a trickle over the course of her four-year absence. The Sheriff’s Office and the FBI continue to comb through the case and the community is still engaged. At an annual festival, the community hung banners reminding residents about her disappearance, and on her birthday, July 7, they held a celebration for her. On the four-year anniversary of her disappearance, the Sheriff’s Office held a press conference and released an age-progression photo.

Scott says more than 30 people have held the title of "person of interest" for varying amounts of time and different reasons, but that no one has become a suspect.

alismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #190 on: December 05, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »

I think of you all the time Lindsey and pray you will be found... 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: December 05, 2013, 09:33:36 AM »

Hello alismom    I too hope Lindsey will be found.      

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2013, 03:49:42 PM »

Hello alismom    I too hope Lindsey will be found.      

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2014, 08:12:00 PM »

Come home, lil Lindsey!   an angelic monkey

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/age-progressed-photo-lindsey-baum-added-gordon-tr/ndLSn/

Posted: 3:24 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2014
Missing local girl's photo to be added on trucking trailers

PACIFIC, Wash. —
On Wednesday, aged-progressed posters of missing child Lindsey Baum will be added to Gordon Trucking trailers as part of the Washington State Patrol's Homeward Bound Program.

Baum was last seen on June 26, 2009, in McCleary.   She was 10 when she disappeared.

Posters of Baum have been traveling around the country on 10 Gordon Trucking trailers since 2010. 

Members of Lindsey Baum’s family will be at the event at Gordon Trucking.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2014, 08:57:44 PM »

Thank you to Gordon Trucking for having Lindsey's posters on their trucks since 2010!!     And thank you grace-land for posting the article.      There doesn't seem to be much information lately about Lindsey's case.  You're not forgotten Lindsey! 

madibabe
Scared Monkey

im so confuzzzed

« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2014, 04:52:40 AM »

I'm so sad to post this because of previous rumor's this might be Lindsey.

http://www.king5.com/news/Man-finds-human-skull-in-crab-pot-246595001.html

God Bless you little Lindsey
madibabe
Scared Monkey

im so confuzzzed

« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2014, 04:55:42 AM »

Wandering if anyone knows how long it takes for the dna tests?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2014, 08:31:00 AM »

I'm so sad to post this because of previous rumor's this might be Lindsey.

http://www.king5.com/news/Man-finds-human-skull-in-crab-pot-246595001.html

God Bless you little Lindsey

This find is very sad.    

From the above link:

When he pulled his crab pot out of the water about two miles off the coast, he discovered a human skull inside. Westrick and his crew immediately called authorities, who said they believe it belonged to a young person.
It is unclear whether the skull shows evidence of blunt-force trauma.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2014, 08:41:29 AM »

Wandering if anyone knows how long it takes for the dna tests?

I don't know, madibabe.  I think a lot of it may depend on how long the skull was submerged, the water temperature and other condiditions.  I found an article about a case where remains were found submerged in cars in a lake in Oklahoma, and there was a bit of an opinion on how long it might take to get dna test results.  I've included the link and a snippet for general information, not to be confused with Lindsey's case.  I hope the skull can be id'd. 

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/18/us/oklahoma-lake-car-bodies/
Oklahoma deputies pull bodies from lake; may date to '60s, 1970 disappearances

Authorities cautioned Wednesday, however, that positive identification could take years. The state anthropologist, Angela Berg, will examine the remains.
"Scientific identification of these remains will be attempted using anthropological and if necessary, forensic pathological methods," Chief Administrative Officer Amy Elliott said in a written statement. "Depending on the features of these remains and their state of preservation, identification can take anywhere from days to years. In some cases, if the DNA is degraded, positive identification using scientific means may not be possible.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2014, 08:45:44 AM »

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/story/2f60775e5aa647c2822d338b654df7da/WA--Crab-Pot-Skull/
Human skull found in crab pot near Westport, Wash.; sheriff's office investigating
February 22, 2014

WESTPORT, Washington — A King County anthropologist has confirmed that a partial skull found in a crab pot near Westport, Washington, is human.

A fisherman pulled it up Friday morning about 2 miles off the coast. The fisherman set the pot last week.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.