March 28, 2024, 03:39:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 8 4/06/11 -  (Read 170850 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2015, 09:42:48 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Lindsey-Baum/139634052750379

Find Lindsey Baum
June 26 at 9:29am ·

A post from Lindsey's mother Melissa:

6 years ago today, some awful person stole my little girl. She was 10 years old and had just finished 5th grade. 11 days from now she will turn 17. We should be getting senior pictures taken, working on college applications and looking forward to her high school graduation. But none of these things are happening because someone felt they had a right to snatch her off the street in the middle of town in broad daylight, yet nobody saw nothing!

I want my daughter back! I will NEVER give up on finding Lindsey and anyone involved in any way with her abduction.

The truth will come out and I will find her! May God have mercy on the souls of those involved because I will not. I will haunt them in their graves even from my own and torment their soles for all eturnity.

If you know anything, please come forward now. It's been so long and I need to know where my child is. Not to mention whoever has taken her, will do it again! What if the next one is your child?
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: June 30, 2015, 08:43:12 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Lindsey-Baum/139634052750379

Find Lindsey Baum
June 26 at 9:29am ·

A post from Lindsey's mother Melissa:

6 years ago today, some awful person stole my little girl. She was 10 years old and had just finished 5th grade. 11 days from now she will turn 17. We should be getting senior pictures taken, working on college applications and looking forward to her high school graduation. But none of these things are happening because someone felt they had a right to snatch her off the street in the middle of town in broad daylight, yet nobody saw nothing!

I want my daughter back! I will NEVER give up on finding Lindsey and anyone involved in any way with her abduction.

The truth will come out and I will find her! May God have mercy on the souls of those involved because I will not. I will haunt them in their graves even from my own and torment their soles for all eturnity.

If you know anything, please come forward now. It's been so long and I need to know where my child is. Not to mention whoever has taken her, will do it again! What if the next one is your child?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2015, 12:46:25 AM »

July 7, 2015 -- Happy 17th Birthday! -- Come home, lil Lindsey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »

July 7, 2015 -- Happy 17th Birthday! -- Come home, lil Lindsey

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #244 on: July 21, 2015, 07:26:52 AM »

Praying for you always Lindsey

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: August 31, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »

http://www.chronline.com/crime/grays-harbor-releases-new-contact-number-for-lindsey-baum-case/article_0bd6749c-4ce3-11e5-9180-0f39d79e9e51.html

Grays Harbor Releases New Contact Number for Lindsey Baum Case
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 10:45 am

More than six years ago, 10-year-old Lindsey Baum disappeared while walking home from a friend’s house in McCleary.

This week, the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office released new contact information for tips related to Baum’s disappearance.

To provide tips, call (360) 964-1731 or email Detective Keith Peterson at kepeterson@co.grays-harbor.wa.us.

A reward of up to $35,000 is being offered for information about Baum’s disappearance leading to the arrest and charges filed against a person or persons responsible.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:37 PM »

Updated flyer is at the link.
It's good to hear that a detective continues with the investigation and is there to follow up on leads.

http://www.kxro.com/lindsey-baum-case-contact-information-updated/

Lindsey Baum case contact information updated
August 27, 2015

The Sheriff’s Office says Detective Keith Peterson has now been assigned to the investigation and continues to follow-up on leads.

The Sheriff’s Office has also released an updated flyer (below) with Peterson’s contact information for the case.

The flyer states that a reward of up to $35,000 is being offered for information of the whereabouts of Lindsey Baum and for the arrest and charges filed for the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2015, 05:32:49 AM »

It's good to hear that a detective continues with the investigation and is there to follow up on leads.

August 27, 2015

The Sheriff’s Office says Detective Keith Peterson has now been assigned to the investigation and continues to follow-up on leads.

The Sheriff’s Office has also released an updated flyer (below) with Peterson’s contact information for the case.

The flyer states that a reward of up to $35,000 is being offered for information of the whereabouts of Lindsey Baum and for the arrest and charges filed for the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.

Thank you Grace.This is great news!
Hopefully a fresh set of eyes on Lindsey's case brings some results.
 an angelic monkey

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2015, 10:06:10 AM »

thumleft

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2015, 12:36:14 AM »

thumleft

Nut44x4

It was good to hear about the detective and the ongoing active investigation.  Lindsey is not forgotten!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2015, 12:46:04 AM »

August 27, 2015

Thank you Grace.This is great news!
Hopefully a fresh set of eyes on Lindsey's case brings some results.
 an angelic monkey

You're welcome, KarmaRoundUp! 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2015, 01:01:05 AM »

An interesting, informative article.
Continuing to hope and pray for Lindsey to be found.  an angelic monkey

http://www.chinookobserver.com/co/local-news/20150915/lindsey-baums-mom-still-has-hope

Lindsey Baum’s mom still has hope
September 15, 2015 12:27PM

MCCLEARY — On June 26, 2009, 10-year-old Lindsey Baum went for a short walk near her family’s home in the tiny Grays Harbor County town of McCleary, and vanished.

More than six years later, the unsolved disappearance has exacted a terrible toll on Lindsey’s loved ones, and the truth has proven so elusive that police investigators can’t even say whether Lindsey is alive or dead. But her mother, Melissa Baum, and Keith Peterson, the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office detective who now leads the investigation, are nowhere near giving up on th search.

“There’s not a day that goes by that we don’t look at some aspect of it... I consider it very active, and consider it something I hope to work on the rest of my career,” Peterson said in early September.

In August, GHCSO began circulating an updated ‘missing’ poster, with a new, age-progressed image that shows what Lindsey might look like at 17. They are hoping it will compel someone to provide new information.

Both Baum and Peterson still believe that at least one person in Pacific County or Grays Harbor County knows the truth, and isn’t talking — yet.

“Those are the people that we’re appealing to,” Peterson said. “We’re appealing to their conscience to come forward. They should know that we’re not ever going to stop trying figure out the truth of what happened.”

Melissa Baum says she knows all too well that very few missing children have been found alive years after they disappeared, but she is holding on to hope.

“I know she’s going to come home. I just feel it in my soul,” Baum told the Chinook *******. “I always have. I believe my daughter is alive.”

alismom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2015, 03:09:03 PM »

It's good to see LE and Melissa haven't given up on finding her. This was the first case I followed here and at other sites. She is always in the back of my mind and never forgotten.

Where are you Lindsey?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2016, 08:59:35 PM »

It's good to see LE and Melissa haven't given up on finding her. This was the first case I followed here and at other sites. She is always in the back of my mind and never forgotten.

Where are you Lindsey?

alismom   

I'm still hoping and praying for Lindsey to return to her family.  an angelic monkey
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: May 16, 2016, 09:04:58 PM »

http://www.theolympian.com/news/local/article77808112.html

May 15, 2016 5:54 PM
Tumwater event calls attention to missing and exploited children

Law enforcement, identification services and the families of missing children were among those who gathered Sunday at Walmart in Tumwater for Missing Children’s Safety Day, now in its fifth year, an organizer said.

The goal: Call attention to the problem of missing and exploited children, and how families can take steps to protect against it.

“It’s tough to prevent, but you can guard against it,” said Grays Harbor Sheriff’s detective Jason Wecker, one of a number of law enforcement officials in attendance.

Wecker, a relatively new detective, said he couldn’t talk about the Lindsey Baum case, but her presence could be felt Sunday. The gathering was marked by a trailer that included a large photo of the McCleary girl. Baum, who was 10 at the time of her disappearance, went missing the night of June 26, 2009, as she walked home from a friend’s home. She has not been found.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #255 on: June 26, 2016, 06:12:19 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/sunday-marks-7-years-washington-girl-lindsey-baum-s-mysterious-n599316

Sunday Marks 7 Years Since Washington Girl Lindsey Baum's Mysterious Disappearance
by RACHAEL TROST

Lindsey should have graduated from high school last weekend.

Last month, she should have picked out a gown for prom with her mother.

In April she should have been opening college acceptance letters.

But none of those special moments happened, because Lindsey Baum disappeared when she was 10 years old. "Here we are seven years later, and no Lindsey," Melissa Baum told Dateline. "All these memories never got to happen."

June 26, 2009

In early summer 2009, Melissa Baum and her two kids, Joshua and Lindsey, were living in the small Washington town of McCleary. The family was hoping to make a fresh start after Melissa divorced from the kids' father and moved to the Pacific Northwest from Tennessee.

"McCleary felt like a nice, quiet, safe town," Melissa told Dateline. "The kids were making friends and doing well. Everything seemed to be smoothing over for us finally."

Lindsey, Melissa's youngest child, was an "itty-bitty thing," always buzzing around and talking a mile a minute. She was a momma's girl who hated being out past dark. She'd scribble stories on napkins at restaurants, commenting to her mother how one day, the books in her overflowing shelf would be her own.

The sun was blazing that fateful Friday as Lindsey spent the afternoon at a friend's pool, swimming and gossiping about what middle school would be like in the fall. She had just finished the 5th grade. Her 11th birthday was fast approaching.

Lindsey and brother Joshua stopped at home quickly, then walked with a group of others to another nearby friend's home. Lindsey had asked her friend to sleep over, but the girl's mother said another night. So Lindsey left for the 10-minute walk home alone; her and her brother had got into a fight earlier in the evening so he was already home.

It wasn't long before Melissa knew something was amiss with her daughter. Without word from Lindsey, Melissa called the home of Lindsey's friend. The friend's mother said she hadn't seen Lindsey in more than an hour. Melissa tried to ring her daughter's newly purchased cell phone, only to discover it was accidentally left home on its charger.

"I just knew something was wrong. I got that feeling right then," Melissa said. She called 911; an officer came to take a report. Melissa assured officials that Lindsey wasn't just a kid who wandered off, so they launched a search.

Lindsey was nowhere to be found.

A Massive Investigation

Millions of people across the country would soon learn about Lindsey's case; on national news broadcasts, billboards and radio alerts. Her photo was even featured on the cover of People magazine in 2010.

But before all that, Lindsay's story fell on those at the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department.

"I was briefed the night Lindsey disappeared," Sheriff Rick Scott told Dateline. At the time, Scott was the undersheriff, second in command at the department.

By Saturday afternoon, officials knew this was not a simple case of a runaway young girl. "We were sure she was gone because of a criminal act. This young girl didn't simply run off on her own. There was no evidence to support that," Sheriff Scott said.

Agents from the FBI's Seattle office arrived Sunday, and soon dozens of them were assisting on the case, along with hundreds of police officers and searchers, according to Scott.

"Every day, we had the command post going. Behavioral analysts were brought in," remembers Sheriff Scott. "As time went on, we sort of took over City Hall because we needed a bigger place to work out of."

Lindsey's mother Melissa recalls driving around for hours in those first few days, hoping she'd spot Lindsey somewhere on the side of the road."Everyone tells you to plan for the marathon, pray for the spring," said Melissa. "I just never thought this could happen to us."

'The years keep passing'

There have been more than 40 people who have "held the interest of authorities" over the years. No one has been completely exonerated, yet none have risen to the level of "suspect."

A year after Lindsey disappeared, police searched the home of a 47-year-old man who, police said, provided "inconsistent statements." A hard look was taken at a local shop owner in 2012. And in 2014, police investigated whether a man who had been charged with sexually abusing a child could have had anything to do with Lindsey's case. Nothing panned out.

There was a sliver of hope when a tipster from California reported a young girl matching Lindsey's description at a rest stop with an older gentleman. The girl did bear an uncanny resemblance, but was not, in fact, Lindsey.

Sheriff Scott says more than 20 search warrants have been executed, and nearly 40 polygraph tests have been given in the case over the years.

"Despite everything we've done, and continue to do, there is no piece of evidence of what happened to her," Sheriff Scott said. "That's frustrating for us -- and unimaginable for her family."

If you have any information regarding Lindsey's case, you are urged to call the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department at (360) 249-3711

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: June 26, 2016, 06:13:07 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/sunday-marks-7-years-washington-girl-lindsey-baum-s-mysterious-n599316
Sunday Marks 7 Years Since Washington Girl Lindsey Baum's Mysterious Disappearance
June 26, 2016

Lindsey should have graduated from high school last weekend.

Last month, she should have picked out a gown for prom with her mother.

In April she should have been opening college acceptance letters.

But none of those special moments happened, because Lindsey Baum disappeared when she was 10 years old. "Here we are seven years later, and no Lindsey," Melissa Baum told Dateline. "All these memories never got to happen."

A Mother's Hope

As the anniversary approaches, Melissa takes time to remember her daughter and the shared memories they've missed. She clings to the hope that there are more memories to be made.

"I believe 1,000% that Lindsey is alive," Melissa said. "There is no doubt in my mind she is out there somewhere waiting until we bring her home."

While the search for Lindsey continues, the family is trying to get along as best they can. Joshua, who rarely talks about his little sister, just moved back to Washington after spending the past few years in Tennessee.

Melissa is back at work and has sought counseling. She's also connected with the families of several other missing children, including the father of Kyron Horman. Kyron's 2010 disappearance in Portland, Oregon also attracted the national spotlight. While it's a "club no one wants to be part of," she says, it does offer some comfort. "We provide support for one another that people not in this situation couldn't."

Several tips in Lindsey's case are still called in every month. Each one is followed up on, officials say, but there has been no break.

The lack of movement will not stop Melissa.

"As a mother, I could, and would, never stop searching," Melissa told Dateline, the pain easily heard in her voice. "If I don't, who will?"

If you have any information regarding Lindsey's case, you are urged to call the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department at (360) 249-3711.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #257 on: June 26, 2016, 06:26:21 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206237334563325&set=a.10200216167557913.1073741825.1563992432&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206237337403396&set=a.1348346199744.2041335.1563992432&type=3&theater

Melissa Pierpoint-Baum updated her profile picture.
5 hrs ·
I took this on flip phone at Ocean Shores exactly 1 week before she was taken.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2016, 03:08:30 PM »

http://www.kxro.com/lindsey-baum-graduated-year-now-7-years-missing/
Lindsey Baum could have graduated this year, now 7 years missing
Posted: June 27, 2016 at 6:52 am

Sunday marked the 7th year since Lindsey Baum went missing.

Lindsey would be celebrating her 18th birthday on July 7, and would have likely graduated this month.

June 26, 2009 marked the day that Lindsey walked home from a friend’s house in McCleary, never to be seen again.

Lindsey’s mother, Melissa Baum, has spoken with KXRO multiple times since her daughter went missing. When the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children worked with family members and local authorities to create an aged photograph to show what Lindsey may look like today, she stated that her hope was that the photo would lead to calls about what happened that night.

The Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s office, FBI, State Patrol Missing Persons Unit and the Department of Corrections continue to work on the case, although no definitive evidence has been discovered.

A $35,000 reward for information that leads to the recovery of Lindsey and penalties to those responsible is available.

If you have any information that may help find Lindsey, contact Detective Keith Petersen at 1-360-964-1731 or kpeterson@co.grays-harbor.wa.us. snipped

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2016, 09:40:06 PM »

Come home, lil Lindsey...hoping and praying for your returnan angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.