March 18, 2024, 09:51:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 462621 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 27, 2010, 07:18:51 PM »

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 01:49:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 10:45:33 PM »

Here's hoping they find Susan before winter sets in.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 11:31:24 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

Oh boo effin hoo hoo.....they have their suspect.....arrest the waste of oxygen and make him talk....so sick of this BS!!!! IMO...thay have NOT done everything they can to solve this...for whatever reason, it seems they don't want to, even though they can! The woman is dead, has been dead from day one and Josh is responsible... PERIOD! Case closed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:58:42 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 01:53:46 PM »

I agree NUT44X4

LE and others that influence them have aided and abetted a murderer by doing little or nothing early on.

Josh is obvious to anyone who studies true crime and especially to any homicide detective worth their salt..

Josh has been allowed to walk away from murder and further more he has been allowed to take his children with him.

Wait until They Grow Up !!  Josh will get his. They Will Not Forget.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 08:01:46 AM »

they are doing an update on this case on GMA right now

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/missing-people-america-involved-find-lost/story?id=9345175
Missing Persons: How You Can Help
Susan Powell, Lindsey Baum, Kyron Horman and Many Others Are Still Missing
Every year, thousands of people go missing in the United States. Many are never heard from again. Below are a few of the people police are looking for. Find out how you can help bring them home.

Susan Powell
The 28-year-old Utah mother has been missing since Dec. 7, the day after her husband Joshua Powell loaded up the couple's two young sons on a late night camping trip. West Valley City police say her purse and wallet were left at home.

Police have named Joshua Powell a person of interest in the case and many have expressed skepticism about his story of camping in the freezing Utah woods. Powell hired Salt Lake City criminal defense attorney Scott C. Williams, who most recently represented Elizabeth Smart's accused kidnapper, Wanda Barzee.

Friends and family say Powell was a devoted mother and would never have willingly left her children. The couple was known to have had marital and financial problems, but those who knew them say they had been working out their differences and had seemed happier in recent months.

"I'm trying to stay busy and not think about it," Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend, told ABC News. "But I don't see how there's any way she can still be alive."

CLICK HERE to read more about Susan Powell's disappearance. If you have any information about Susan Powell, contact West Valley City Police at (801) 840-4000.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/attorney-husband-susan-powell-hindering-investigation/story?id=9349672

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 09:11:17 AM »

Hey Leroy!   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »

Quote:
"I'm trying to stay busy and not think about it," Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend"
end

That says everything..
A bunch of Ostriches.

suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 01:53:35 PM »

Josh's sister was on GMA too and she said she believes that Josh had something to do with Susan's disappearance.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 05:18:06 PM »

Long shot....but we know he drove hundreds of miles in that rental car....

Female human remains have been found buried apx. 95 miles from Josh's daddy's house in Cle Elum WA --- that's apx. 770 miles from West Valley City UT... straight up the route he would most likely drive to Daddy's. Probably not her, because the ground would have been frozen back in December...no?

Posted on September 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM

CLE ELUM, Wash. – Kittitas County detectives are investigating human remains found near a golf course near Cle Elum.

A backhoe operator uncovered the remains Monday morning buried on Suncadia Resort property.

The Kittitas County Sheriff's Office says the remains appear to be of a female. She was buried 18-to-24 inches below the surface. It's unknown how long the body has been there or how old the female was.

Missing persons cases are being compiled as part of the investigation.

A press conference is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/human-remains-Suncadia-Resort-golf-course-102371819.html

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 07:47:20 AM »

Hey Leroy!   

Hey Trimm!  Good to see ya! 

I was happy to see Susans story being covered again...in my mind, there is no way Josh committed the perfect crime...someday he will break!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 01:01:47 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12347315
Josh Powell causes stir trying to get involved in son's school
September 8th, 2010 @ 5:49pm
By Paul Nelson
PUYALLUP, Wash. -- The husband of missing West Valley City woman Susan Powell is trying to get involved in his son's school by joining the PTA -- but this decision isn't sitting well with other parents in the school.

Parents like David Quantrell say they don't want Josh Powell on the PTA of Carson Elementary in Puyallup, Wash., where Josh has lived with his sons since early 2010.

"I've seen him around and he, quite frankly, just gives me the creeps," Quantrell said.

Quantrell admits he does not know what led to Susan Powell's Dec. 7 disappearance, or if Josh Powell had anything to do with it. But Josh is the only person of interest in the case, and Quantrell doesn't believe Powell is cooperating with investigators.

"I've talked to quite a few other parents. We're thinking about starting a petition [to bar Powell]," Quantrell said.

Attempts to contact Powell by reporters have not been successful.

The Carson Elementary PTA president sent a statement saying, "Our PTA membership is open to anyone who would like to join and is interested in helping all the children of Carson Elementary reach their full potential. All of our volunteers are required to complete the background check through the school district before volunteering."

E-mail: pnelson@ksl.com

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 02:36:45 PM »

Vanished: Susan Powell's Husband Scrutnized by His Own Family

The Trail Grows Cold Eight Months After Mom Disappeared While Josh Powell Was on Mysterious Camping Trip

By ASHLEIGH BANFIELD, MAUREEN WHITE and SARAH NETTER
Sept. 7, 2010

The husband of missing Utah mother Susan Powell maintains his wife simply walked away from her family, even as his own sister said she's "quite convinced" he was involved in her disappearance.

"Has he kidnapped her, holding her somewhere? Has he killed her?" Josh Powell's sister, Jennifer Graves, asked. "Who knows?"

Eight months after Susan Powell disappeared from the couple's West Valley City home, her husband -- who provided a bizarre alibi about a winter midnight camping trip with his toddlers -- continues to fend off accusations from her family and his own.

Kirk Graves, Jennifer's husband and Josh Powell's brother-in-law, said his behavior after Susan Powell disappeared was telling.

"Josh's reaction was, don't talk to anybody, be of no help -- not even family. Just get out," he said.

Josh Powell has not been charged in the case and police have yet to make any arrests.

The family who supports him -- namely his father Steven -- maintains that the negative comments toward him are religiously motivated, that the Mormon church that Susan Powell was so deeply involved with has organized to attack him.

In a statement to ABC News, Steven Powell argued that his son has done everything to help police find the mother of his children even as Josh Powell's sister and brother-in-law claim he's done little but push her family and the police away.

"Clearly, we think Susan decided to leave," Steven Powell wrote. "This has little to do with Josh because their marriage was basically normal. There is no evidence to the contrary."

"Although (Susan's parents) would like the public to believe otherwise ... most of the time it was a happy and stable relationship," Steven Powell continued. "However, Susan had an occasional tendency to lose control."

It's a characterization of the 28-year-old mother that her friends say is completely untrue.

"They would get in fights and talk about divorce and she would say. 'I'm going to take the kids,'" Susan Powell's close friend Kiirsi Hellewell said. "And he would say, "No. Over my dead body.'"

Graves said her brother was controlling and watched over his wife carefully.

"He controlled the money, the car," she said. "He wouldn't let her go to activities and things without his approval."

Susan Powell was last seen Dec. 6. She went to bed early, but Josh Powell said he bundled up the boys, then 4 and 3, on the cold winter night and took them camping around midnight to a campsite about two hours away.

When they returned, Susan Powell was gone. Police found her purse and keys in the house and, strangely, two fans drying a wet spot on the living room floor.

Susan Powell's Father Warns: 'We Are Not Going to Quit'
Powell, who was still out with the boys when a daycare provider realized the family was nowhere to be found, was reached on his cell phone and told to come home.

He was questioned by police, but that information, along with other forensic evidence, have been sealed. Powell has told local media outlets of his middle-of-the-night trip that "we were just going to do s'mores."

Graves said it's hard to think that her own brother may have kidnapped or killed his wife.

"But you have to remember that she was my sister and she's gone. She's my friend. Where is she?" Graves said. "I haven't seen her for eight months."

Susan Powell's father said he's equally convinced his daughter's husband is guilty.

"It's our understanding from hearing it from three sources that Josh was not going to give up the children. That he would cause her physical bodily harm," Chuck Cox said. "She feared for her physical safety."

Josh Powell is now living 900 miles away from West Valley City in Puyallup, Wash., with his father.

"I think whoever is responsible needs to realize that we are not going to quit. And it's not going to stop until the truth is known," Cox said. "And anybody who doesn't believe that is not being real. So come forward."
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/vanished-susan-powells-husband-denies-involvement-wifes-disappearance/story?id=11573019&page=1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 02:37:57 PM »

Josh is trying to pull a 'Drew Peterson' ........ POS

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 03:54:42 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=12347315
Josh Powell causes stir trying to get involved in son's school
September 8th, 2010 @ 5:49pm
By Paul Nelson
PUYALLUP, Wash. -- The husband of missing West Valley City woman Susan Powell is trying to get involved in his son's school by joining the PTA -- but this decision isn't sitting well with other parents in the school.

Parents like David Quantrell say they don't want Josh Powell on the PTA of Carson Elementary in Puyallup, Wash., where Josh has lived with his sons since early 2010.

"I've seen him around and he, quite frankly, just gives me the creeps," Quantrell said.

Quantrell admits he does not know what led to Susan Powell's Dec. 7 disappearance, or if Josh Powell had anything to do with it. But Josh is the only person of interest in the case, and Quantrell doesn't believe Powell is cooperating with investigators.

"I've talked to quite a few other parents. We're thinking about starting a petition [to bar Powell]," Quantrell said.

Attempts to contact Powell by reporters have not been successful.

The Carson Elementary PTA president sent a statement saying, "Our PTA membership is open to anyone who would like to join and is interested in helping all the children of Carson Elementary reach their full potential. All of our volunteers are required to complete the background check through the school district before volunteering."

E-mail: pnelson@ksl.com

IT IS JUST FINE with me if he gets dogged and is not allowed to have a "normal life".  Susan doesn't have a normal life.  He is a worthless sniveling coward.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 01:44:43 PM »

since josh is going to let the 5yr old go to school,and not home school him,
im guessing josh is comfortable, with what the boys do or do not remember
about,the nite they left the house, and what ever happened during the nite,
camp,smores, drive to from ect.
at some point another child is going to ask, just because kids are that way,
there might even be an adult, that would ask too in a round about way.
or it could come up, like this, draw me a pic of what you did during the
summer, some kid, shows his of a camping trip, then the boy might say something
about his winter camp trip, you never know, what a kid will say

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 01:45:50 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700064576/Family-of-Susan-Powell-still-angry-at-actions-of-missing-womans-husband.html

Family of Susan Powell still angry at actions of missing woman's husband
Published: Saturday, Sept. 11, 2010 12:06 a.m. MDT By Pat Reavy, Deseret News

Page:1 2 Next >
pg1
WEST VALLEY CITY — Chuck Cox has not seen his grandchildren since April 10, even though they live just three miles away with their father, Josh Powell.

Cox, father of Susan Cox Powell, 28, the West Valley mother of two missing since Dec. 7, 2009, has attempted to e-mail Josh Powell, the only form of communication Powell told Cox that he wanted to have.

But after a meeting in a park in Puyallup, Wash., in April to see the two grandchildren — 5-year-old Charlie and 3-year-old Braden — Josh Powell has stopped replying to Cox's e-mails.

Cox said Friday he would like Josh Powell to be "totally innocent." But to Cox and his wife, Judy, and to many other members of Susan Powell's family, Powell's story of what happened at the time of his wife's disappearance is "so unbelievable."

"He doesn't have any good answers for me," Cox said.

Josh Powell says he took his two boys camping in the middle of the night on Dec. 6 to a remote area of Tooele County. When he returned the next day to his house, 6254 W. Sarah Circle, his wife was gone. Police say Powell has not been forthcoming in his answers with them and refuses to be interviewed by detectives again. Because of that, he remains the only person of interest in the case.

Friday, Chuck Cox visited Utah to support Ed Smart and others participating in the "Ride for Their Lives" campaign, bringing awareness to missing and murdered children. Although Susan Powell was not a child, Smart wore a button with a picture of Susan's face as he rode his bike from Springville to Salt Lake City Friday, reminding people that she is still missing.

Chuck Cox said there have been at least two incidents concerning Josh Powell's behavior that have angered him. One occurred in December when a vigil was held for Susan Powell in her hometown of Puyallup, Wash. Josh Powell showed up after the vigil had ended but did not speak to his father-in-law. The next day, the media reported that Josh Powell had attended the vigil.

"No he didn't. He showed up afterwards so he could say he was at the vigil," an angered Cox said Friday. "It just makes no sense to me."

The second incident occurred recently when media outlets in Washington reported that Powell was trying to join his children's PTA.

"Why would he do that? Are you trying to show you're a good father? Is that what you're trying to do?" Cox asked.

"He needs to get involved in finding his wife," Judy Cox continued. "Was she important to him? He's not showing any attention in helping her."

"Why worry about the PTA?" Cox continued. "Why not go to the police and tell them what you know? It makes no sense at all. Or maybe he doesn't care about her."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700064576/Family-of-Susan-Powell-still-angry-at-actions-of-missing-womans-husband.html?pg=2
Page:1 2 Next >
pg2
Josh Powell's father, Steve Powell, sent an e-mail to ABC News earlier this week claiming that Susan left her family and that she had displayed the "occasional tendency to lose control."

"It's ridiculous. I don't know where he got that from," Cox said. "It's a clear attempt to deflect attention away from the real answer."

At the beginning of the year, Chuck and Judy Cox decided, after weeks of not seeing their grandchildren, to drive by Josh Powell's home. They spotted him playing with their grandchildren at a nearby park and stopped by to say hello. Josh Powell, however, told Cox he was uncomfortable with him driving in his neighborhood and said he would have to contact him by e-mail to arrange a time to see the grandchildren, according to Cox.

"He basically said to make an appointment and not stop by," he said.

When Chuck and Judy Cox got to see the two boys, they didn't say much about their mother.

"We believe they probably don't know much of anything," he said.

Cox said he told Josh Powell in an e-mail that he didn't agree with anything Josh Powell was saying on a website he created in February, allegedly in an attempt to find Susan. It was about that time, Cox said, Powell stopped responding to his e-mails.

Last week marked nine months since Susan Powell disappeared. Chuck Cox said he believes West Valley police are still actively working the case and investigating every lead and tip. But he says the best way to describe the way he's feeling about the case now is "impatient."

"They took scads of evidence from the house. They've interviewed people. They've done a lot of investigating. Somewhere in there the answer has to be, 'When is this going to end?' " he said.

West Valley police still call the Cox family at least once a week to update them on the investigation.

"They're making progress everyday," he said.

Cox said for now, the family just needs to be patient.

"We know no one gets away with anything. Heavenly Father knows everything," he said. "Faith sustains us a lot."

Cox family members still see Josh Powell around Puyallup from time to time, but greetings are rarely, if ever, exchanged.

On Sunday, Chuck and Judy Cox will hold a support gathering at the Hunter LDS Stake Center, 3930 S. 6000 West, to let the public know they appreciate the support they've received. Cox regularly visits the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page to see if anyone has a tip or just to read the messages of support.

"The more supporters we have, the more people there are handing out fliers," Chuck Cox said.

With hunting season coming up, friends and family of Susan Powell hope to have new wallet-sized cards made up with Susan's picture for hunters to carry with them as they scour Utah's wilderness.

Anyone with information on the case can call West Valley police at 801-840-4000.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 11:35:09 AM »

SNIPPED FROM ABOVE>>>>

"With hunting season coming up, friends and family of Susan Powell hope to have new wallet-sized cards made up with Susan's picture for hunters to carry with them as they scour Utah's wilderness."

omg, I can't help it...

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 12:38:35 PM »

God helps people that help themselves and never required any living soul to be stupid in there love for God.
God has not murdered Susan.. A living Human Being has.

Quote :
Josh Powell's father, Steve Powell, sent an e-mail to ABC News earlier this week claiming that Susan left her family and that she had displayed the "occasional tendency to lose control."
end

Reminds me of some other parents we have come across in recent years.
In this case is far beyond stuck on stupid. This parent is acting out as the same as Scott Petersons parents.

I wonder if this father helped to bury his daughter in law..

One more thing... These children eventually grow up !!
In time ALL of these in-laws will be hated by these children. They will be questioned and found guilty in these children's eyes for the murder of their mother.
Josh... Hell will find you. It is coming. 
Steve Powell... You remind me of Casey Anthony's parents.. As well as Scott Peterson.
You better wake up because God is watching and you wont get into Heaven come judgment day.. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.