March 18, 2024, 11:15:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 462626 times)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #280 on: September 15, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »

No word yet? Maybe that's a good sign...if it was a big man's bones or something they would probably be able to say right away.....

If the hip bones are still there the medical examiner should be able to tell right away if it was a man or woman...I feel this maybe a good sign they have not come out and said it was a man. 

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: September 15, 2011, 01:53:28 PM »

No word yet? Maybe that's a good sign...if it was a big man's bones or something they would probably be able to say right away.....

If the hip bones are still there the medical examiner should be able to tell right away if it was a man or woman...I feel this maybe a good sign they have not come out and said it was a man. 

Anthropologist called to study remains discovered during search for Susan Cox Powell
By Shara Park, Deseret News
Published: Thursday, Sept. 15, 2011 11:06 a.m. MDT

::snipping2::
If they are ancient, the BLM does not want the site disturbed. If they are recent, the state medical examiner will be called to the scene near Topaz Mountain to try to identify the remains in a delicate and deliberate process.
The next step would be the extraction, with careful digging and collecting of forensic evidence from in and around the remains. That could take hours, according to Grey.

Once the remains are uncovered, the medical examiner and a forensic anthropologist will try to determine the sex, age, stature and race. The medical examiner then will try to estimate how long the remains have been at the location and look for marks on the bones that may indicate how the person died.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705390914/Anthropologist-called-to-study-remains-discovered-during-search-for-Susan-Cox-Powell.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #282 on: September 15, 2011, 01:54:49 PM »

this works well in frozen ground,unless your in siberia,the perma frost here, is only about
less than a foot deep,and usually at about 4-6 inch is the norm,some muscle and a good pickax
would get the job done

http://www.amestruetemper.com/uploads/images/True%20Temper/products/1117300_L_01.JPG
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/shutswis/shutswis1105/shutswis110500006/9489386-pick-axe-isolated-on-white.jpg

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #283 on: September 15, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »

http://www.king5.com/video?id=129832168&sec=548932

This report says LE found this based on a tip.  This site is about 30 miles from where JP told LE that he'd gone camping that night.
Susan's daddy tells the reporter that LE called to tell him that the remains were found in a shallow grave.
One of the comments below the article said LE had put a GPS on his car, wonder if that's true, wonder if after the warrants recently he felt the urge to go check on her?
ya never know. 

I hope this is the case...or whatever tip they got was really credible.  I just would hate for justice to once again be lost due to only circumstantial evidence.  Unless LE has more hard evidence that they just need the body to link to...
wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #284 on: September 15, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »

And I pray that someone has an eye on the boys for their safety if they discover this is her.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: September 15, 2011, 06:21:21 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:41:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: September 15, 2011, 06:38:45 PM »

Steven Koecher is the man who disappeared around the time Susan went missing, and who was blamed by the Powell boys for running away with Susan to Brazil.

Anyone wonders if the remains could be his, if they aren't Susan's?

Could the Powell boys have murdered Steven Koecher to give credibility to their story?

I'm sure Steven Koecher's family is also waiting in anticipation for news of these newly discovered remains.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: September 15, 2011, 06:41:03 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powell-search-human-remains-desert-recent-cops/story?id=14525301

Susan Powell Search Finds That the Human Remains Are Recent
By COLLEEN CURRY and JESSICA HOPPER (@jesshop23)
Sept. 15, 2011

Human remains found in the search for missing Utah woman Susan Powell were determined to be recent and were found in what police told Powell's father amounted to a "shallow grave."

An anthropoligst examined the remains today to ensure that they were not bones "of antiquity" that had been buried in the desert for decades, said West Valley City Police Sgt. Mike Powell, who is no relation to the family.

Powell's father, Chuck Cox, told ABC affiliate KOMO that police had said the remains were found in a shallow grave.

"This is something that's going to be interesting," Sgt. Powell said. "We're not looking at some Indian burial ground or old cowboy from the West. It's much more recent than that. It's definitely something."

Sgt. Powell said they could not yet identify the gender or other identifying clues that would lead police to believe it was Susan Cox Powell's body.

The sergeant would not call the remains "bones," and said that whatever police found may not have been visible to the human eye. The remains were found by cadaver dogs on Wednesday.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #288 on: September 15, 2011, 07:50:04 PM »

Steven Koecher is the man who disappeared around the time Susan went missing, and who was blamed by the Powell boys for running away with Susan to Brazil.

Anyone wonders if the remains could be his, if they aren't Susan's?

Could the Powell boys have murdered Steven Koecher to give credibility to their story?

I'm sure Steven Koecher's family is also waiting in anticipation for news of these newly discovered remains.

I thought aboout it...anything is possible.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/UTAHmissingpersons.html

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=usMapSearch&missState=UT&searchLang=en_US
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:51:47 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #289 on: September 15, 2011, 07:52:40 PM »

or even as some speculate...possibly very old

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: September 15, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=1070&sid=17254003

Police give 50-50 chance remains are Susan Powell's
By Shara Park and Randall Jeppesen
September 15th, 2011 @ 5:12pm

DELTA — Investigators who discovered human remains near Topaz Mountain now say there's a 50-50 chance they have discovered the final resting place of missing West Valley mother Susan Cox Powell.

The remains appear to be "fairly recent," an anthropologist with the Fillmore office of the Bureau of Land Management said Thursday. That could mean the remains have been in the Juab County desert anywhere from a few weeks to over a decade.

"This is not going to be an ancient burial site. It's not going to be a cowboy from the West," said West Valley Police Lt. Bill Merritt.

The remains were found in a pile of dirt that was obviously a disturbed shallow gravesite, said West Valley Police Chief Buzz Nielsen.

They also do not yet know whether the body was male or female, but Merritt said there was a 50-50 chance it was Powell.

"It's something that's going to be interesting," he said.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: September 15, 2011, 09:53:24 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powell-search-human-remains-announcement-mistaken-officials/story?id=14525301
Susan Powell Search: No Human Remains Found, After All, Officials Say
September 15, 2011

No actual human remains have been found in the search for missing Utah woman Susan Powell, though police cadaver dogs did pick up scents at a desert location, police reportedly said, clarifying earlier claims that they had found remains.

"Right now, we haven't found anything except for these scents that these dogs are picking up," said West Valley City, Utah, Police Lt. Bill Merritt, according to The Associated Press. "We have not come across bones."

Earlier, police offered details about the find, saying the remains near Topaz Mountain in Juab County, Utah, were recent and in what they told Powell's father amounted to a "shallow grave."

West Valley City Police Sgt. Mike Powell, no relation to Susan Powell, added that an anthropologist even examined the remains to ensure that they were not bones "of antiquity" that had been buried in the desert for decades.
Later, officials clarified to the AP that the anthropologist was called in to determine whether the site was an ancient burial ground.

Police did not fully explain why they earlier said they had found remains.

After the discovery, Sgt. Powell said officials could not immediately determine the remains' gender or find other identifying clues that would lead police to believe it was Susan Cox Powell's body.

The sergeant would not call the remains "bones," and said that whatever police found may not have been visible to the human eye. The alleged remains were found by cadaver dogs on Wednesday.

Two fresh cadaver dogs will be brought in to go over the patch of ground where the remains were found, and then a medical examiner was likely to be called to begin the process of identifying them, Sgt. Powell said.

Police are continuing their search throughout the desert around the base of Mount Topaz.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: September 15, 2011, 09:54:41 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powell-search-human-remains-announcement-mistaken-officials/story?id=14525301

Susan Powell Search: No Human Remains Found, After All, Officials Say
By COLLEEN CURRY and JESSICA HOPPER (@jesshop23)
Sept. 15, 2011

No actual human remains have been found in the search for missing Utah woman Susan Powell, though police cadaver dogs did pick up scents at a desert location, police reportedly said, clarifying earlier claims that they had found remains.

"Right now, we haven't found anything except for these scents that these dogs are picking up," said West Valley City, Utah, Police Lt. Bill Merritt, according to The Associated Press. "We have not come across bones."

Earlier, police offered details about the find, saying the remains near Topaz Mountain in Juab County, Utah, were recent and in what they told Powell's father amounted to a "shallow grave."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2011, 09:58:31 PM »

Sorry for the duplicate post, MuffyBee.  We were reading it at the same time.  I'm surprised that we didn't bump into each other. lol
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2011, 10:00:09 PM »

But...the article I just posted say remains weren't found?!  Maybe the scents and other type of evidence are enough LE & the searchers feel they will find something more.  Are they onto something and/or are they messing with Joshy and Steve's heads?

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/Susan-Powells-father-traveling-to-area-where/O3o-27ga40mDqM5qE3k1JA.cspx
Susan Powell's father traveling to area where human remains found
September 15, 2011 Updated: 7:16 pm | Published: 6:44 pm

WEST VALLEY, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, is traveling to the site where human remains were found near Topaz Mountain in Juab County Wednesday.

Cox told Sgt. Mike Powell (no relation) of the West Valley Police Department he would like to be near the discovery and Powell agreed to take him. 

"I want to see the area.  I haven't been in that area before.  I want to see do I feel anything?  Do I think she's there?  Are they looking in the right spot?  Is it just desert or what is it?" said Cox.
He said this is the seventh time human remains have been found since his daughter disappeared from her West Valley home about two years ago.
Chuck will begin this trip Friday at 8:45 a.m.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »

Sorry for the duplicate post, MuffyBee.  We were reading it at the same time.  I'm surprised that we didn't bump into each other. lol

No worries.     I was just    when I saw that article. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2011, 10:36:04 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44537821/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Cops: No remains found yet at Powell search site
Utah discovery thought to be grave of mother missing since December 2009

DELTA, Utah — A search in the Utah desert for a missing mother is expected to resume Friday at a site that authorities said contained human remains but had not turned up any body parts or clothing.

Cadaver dogs discovered the location Wednesday amid a renewed search for Susan Cox Powell, and investigators earlier declared that they had found human remains.

But authorities said as they shut down excavating for the day at 6 p.m. MDT (8 p.m. EDT) that no bones or clothing had been found. Digging is scheduled to resume 9 a.m. Friday, the Salt Lake Tribune reported.

Police did not say why they earlier stated that they had found human remains when they had not seen any.

"Right now, we haven't found anything except for these scents that these dogs are picking up," said West Valley City Police Lt. Bill Merritt. "We have not come across bones."

Because the site is on government land, a federal anthropologist was brought in to examine the site Thursday and see if it was part of an ancient burial ground.

Merritt spoke Thursday afternoon after anthropologist Joelle McCarthy examined the site, found a day earlier by authorities searching for clues in Powell's disappearance. McCarthy told authorities human-caused disturbance at the site appears to be "fairly recent."

Investigators were sifting through what was described as a shallow grave.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »

I wonder if a body had been in the shallow grave and it was moved elsewhere?

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2011, 11:21:40 PM »

Oh, wow.  Maybe LE is playing mind games with the Powell guys to see which one will crack first?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.