March 19, 2024, 01:05:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 462636 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #340 on: September 18, 2011, 02:25:14 PM »

Please read the link below.  There are a number of websites that we are now blocking.  If you see a http:/** or a ** when you try and post a website then it has been blocked.  Please read the entire article at this link:

http://righthavenvictims.blogspot.com/p/participating-newspapers.html

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9451.0

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: September 18, 2011, 02:55:54 PM »

Please read the link below.  There are a number of websites that we are now blocking.  If you see a http:/** or a ** when you try and post a website then it has been blocked.  Please read the entire article at this link:

http://righthavenvictims.blogspot.com/p/participating-newspapers.html

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9451.0

If you preview the link before posting, it will indicate the ** in the link, and you'll know you need to back out of your post. You see, the link will look okay when you copy and paste it in the box you post in, but hit "preview", look up at it and you'll see what I mean.  If it's got stars, no go.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #342 on: September 18, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

No way did Josh burn her all by himself.  He father is up to his sicko eyebrows in this.  Please, please, please let them have slipped up at some point so that LE can find the evidence they need to prosecute. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: September 18, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »

No way did Josh burn her all by himself.  He father is up to his sicko eyebrows in this.  Please, please, please let them have slipped up at some point so that LE can find the evidence they need to prosecute. 

I agree, Josh had help and I think his father Steve is up to his eyebrows in this.  If the burned wood bits were from burning Susan's body, then I wonder if the body had been moved prior to the burning?  Could it have been elsewhere?  LE might have been watching Josh's movements, but what about Steve Powell"s?  The focus was on Josh, and it could have been a diversion while Steve did some of the dirty deeds.  If there was a body burned there, LE said it wouldn't burn the bones.  Where are the bones?  Who took them and where?   I don't think Steve Powell's hands are clean 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2011, 04:17:35 PM »

This says 'nothing human'
Substance Found in Susan Powell Search Was Charred Wood Not Human Remains
September 18, 2011 02:05 PM EDT
The search for Susan Powell took an unfortunate turn when a substance believed to be human remains turned out to be nothing more than charred wood. Searchers in the case thought they may have located the body of the missing woman after cadaver dogs alerted them at Topaz Mountain in western Utah.

Several days after the discovery, police abandoned their efforts at that particular location. They remain hopeful that scientists may be able to gather evidence from the charred wood, but they acknowleged that it's unlikely.

The case is still classified as a missing persons case, rather than a homicide investigation. However, the sad truth is that Susan Powell is likely deceased. The fact that searchers thought the charrred wood could be her remains indicates that even investigators are losing hope and entertaining the possibility that the woman will not be found alive.

snipped
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980328341

This case makes me ill

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #345 on: September 18, 2011, 06:51:18 PM »

You know these two men have had days....weeks.....months to make multiple visits to
this area and any other.  They could move items, clean up spots, try to undo any damage they did in the past. 

We often talk about JP making three visits....one the night of the
first camp out....then wherever he went with the rental car....and then the more recent
camp out with the boys (if that actually happened).

JP could have gone anywhere with any vehicle at any time.  Too bad there is not a satellite watching over them and all of their vehicles.

::justice2NJ::

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2011, 11:48:27 AM »

DELTA, Utah (ABC 4 News) - West Valley Police are expanding their search along the Topaz Mountain Range near Delta, with plans to bring in 100 more ground crew members, an airplane, and a helicopter on Monday.

snipped
On Sunday, a new lead seemed to emerge as a cadaver dog indicated on an area about 10 miles away from where they had been searching. Police will have more dogs investigate the area on Monday when they resume their ground search.

Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, has been in the search area every day since Wednesday.  He says he bought a one-way ticket to Utah with the the hope of finding some sort of clue about Susan's disappearance. "I always have my cell phone on or I'm by a phone, waiting for a call from police telling me they've found something," says Cox.
snipped
Updated: 9/18 10:41 pm
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/West-Valley-Police-broaden-search-for-Susan/kQuUv8F5Z0eQxlv6OeY3eA.cspx

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2011, 01:18:35 PM »

This really makes me sick to my stomach.  Didn't he say he took the boys camping so they could have somores or something like?

If so then you know that was his horrible way of referring to burning her body..it is just sickening.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: September 19, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »

I have wondered a time or two if maybe Josh is innocent, and things happened the way he said.

Maybe someone in the neighborhood, or someone Susan met somewhere got into her home, once Josh was gone to take the kids skating that evening. Maybe she was victim of rape, murder, or kidnapping by a stranger. Or, maybe it happened after Josh took off with the babies on tow in the middle night, when weather conditions reached temperatures in the single digits, and many roads were deemed impassable.

That's where my wondering stops.

From the beginning it was clear the motive was not robbery, nothing was reported missing, not even her purse, cellphone, and other personal items.

I question whether anyone who came to the house to rape or murder her would do a thorough cleaning of all evidence of the crime, and take the body. Would the criminal not worry that during the commission of the crimes and the cleanup that Josh might come in?

Or, if someone kidnapped her, why no ransom was requested?

Then I question, if Susan was raped, murdered, or kidnapping, why isn't her husband helping find her? Why did Josh suggest (ala Drew Peterson) that she ran away with another man? Couldn't he consider the possibility that, yes, someone could have harmed her?

A few things seem "hinky" since the beginning.

"Jan 4, 2010... Tim Peterson also noted that Josh Powell had the worst case of wind burn he had ever seen and severely red hands that he applied lotion to ..."
http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/01/04/missing-utah-woman-susan-powell-what-does-husband-josh-know/

NOTE: The babies were not noticed with snow burns, and were fine. So, one has to question if the kids were with him that night or if someone watched them for him.

"December 18, 2009... Josh Powell says he packed up the family van in the middle of a freezing night on Dec. 7 and took his two young boys on an impromptu camping trip in the snow-covered wilderness. He said his wife stayed home and went to bed. She has not been heard from since. Susan Powell never showed up at her stockbroker job the next morning -- her keys, purse and cell phone all left at home. The husband was a no-show at work as well, saying he lost track of what day it was during the camping excursion."
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story

" Chris Jones: What can you tell us about that night? From what we understand you went camping and then came home. Tell us what happened that night?

Josh Powell: Yeah, I just, a lot of times I just go camping with my boys. Nothing big, we just go overnight and we do S'mores and stuff like that. And so I just went with the boys and was planning to do some S'Mores in the morning and then when we got home, um, well on the way home I found out that people were worried about us that we were missing.

Chris Jones: The report is that neither you nor your wife called in sick and they said that's not usual. What are your thoughts on that?

Josh Powell: No, it's not usual. I ….

Chris Jones: Why didn't you call in sick?

Josh Powell: You know, I somehow was thinking it was Sunday. I didn't go to church and I just missed a day and thought we'd come back Sunday.

Chris Jones: So you got confused on what day it was?

Josh Powell: Yeah.

Chris Jones: Now, from what we understand there's nothing, it appears there's no foul play in the home. It appears your wife left her cell phone and purse. Do you have any idea … I mean, does she go off to clear head? Do you have any idea where she could be?

Josh Powell: No, she'll leave during the day but she's never left overnight.

Chris Jones: Does she have any enemies you can think of?

Josh Powell: No, I can't think of anyone.

Chris Jones: Now there's been a lot of talk on the Internet. Obviously in cases like this you, and you know this, that they talk about the husband, that he did something. Do you want to address that?

Josh Powell: I didn't do anything. I mean, I don't know where she's at. I don't even know where to start looking.

Chris Jones: And the boys, what do you tell them about their mom?

Josh Powell: I haven't told them anything. I mean, they've overheard stuff. By the time it all started I was already, it was already late and we went to bed.

Chris Jones: Now your wife laid down that night, she wasn't feeling well. That's when you went camping, right? Where did you guys go camping?

Josh Powell: She wasn't not feeling well. She was feeling well but she just went to bed.

Chris Jones: About 5ish? Is that what we heard? We heard 5, you'd know better than we would.

Josh Powell: No, she went to be that night.

Chris Jones: And what time did you go camping would you say?

Josh Powell: You know, I got out to a pretty late start.

Chris Jones: 9ish, something like that?

Josh Powell: No, it was later. Basically, I'm just trying to figure out what I can do and both try to find her and take care of life in general.

Chris Jones: Where did you guys camp?

Josh Powell: We went down south to some trails down there.

Chris Jones: Do you mean like Moab?

Josh Powell: No, no, we, um, we actually just went down to the Pony Express.

Chris Jones: Pony Express Trail?

Josh Powell: Yeah.

Chris Jones: Are there campgrounds down there?

Josh Powell: I, guess I better go.

Good luck to you, we appreciate your time. "
http://www.examiner.com/family-in-seattle/joshua-powell-blue-cap-interview-video

wildmala
Scared Monkey

« Reply #349 on: September 19, 2011, 01:30:31 PM »

"Those pieces of wood were used to destroy something -- something that has to do with human decomposition. So, at some point ... that hole up there was a crime scene," said Bill Merritt of the West Valley Police Department.
The fire would have been hot enough to burn a body, but not bones.

snip
http://www.kirotv.com/news/29221894/detail.html

Hmmm...then where are the bones?  Burning a body is sick in itself...but it's also sick to think of someone picking the bones out of the ashes...and taking them with them to dispose of elsewhere.  And interesting that they were able to not leave any bone traces behind in the burnt wood...weird.

I've curious to know where this 'tip' is from, too.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: September 19, 2011, 01:57:16 PM »

My friend was cremated and you can see small bones and pieces of teeth in the ash  it's very sad

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: September 19, 2011, 06:40:40 PM »

Same with my mother and my dogs/keep     

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/130203473.html
100 officers search desert for Susan Powell
By JENNIFER DOBNER Associated Press Published: Sep 20, 2011 at 9:15 AM PDT Last Updated: Sep 20, 2011 at 9:38 AM PDT

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A search effort nearly 100 officers-strong resumed across central Utah's expansive mountain desert Tuesday in hopes of finding any sign of a mother of two missing since 2009.
West Valley City police Lt. Bill Merritt said teams will cover the rugged, rocky terrain near Topaz Mountain in Juab County Tuesday on foot, horseback, ATV and by helicopter. A team of dogs trained to detect the scent of a decomposing human body will also be on hand, police Sgt. Mike Powell said.

"We'll continue pushing today and see what we can find," Mike Powell said.
 ::snipping2::

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: September 21, 2011, 12:08:07 PM »

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Desert-search-for-missing-Utah-mom-to-continue-2181400.php

Desert search for missing Utah mom to continue
JENNIFER DOBNER, Associated Press
Published 08:20 a.m., Wednesday, September 21, 2011

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Police said they may spend several more days combing a remote area of the Utah desert for signs of a mother missing since 2009.

West Valley City police Sgt. Mike Powell said teams are making good progress in the search for Susan Powell and want to cover more ground.

"There are a number of areas that remain on our map that we still need to cover," said Powell, who is not related to the missing woman. "We're gonna be here for a couple of more days."

Wednesday's efforts will take searchers about 30 miles north and east of where they have been focused over the past week, Powell said.

Police are working near Topaz Mountain, a popular rock-hounding area about 135 miles southwest of West Valley City, where the mother of two was last seen in December 2009.

Searchers have been working on foot, all-terrain vehicles and horseback for more than a week. Cadaver dogs and a state police helicopter have also been employed. So far, police estimate they have covered more than 50 square miles.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Desert-search-for-missing-Utah-mom-to-continue-2181400.php#ixzz1YbU0ei87
Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #354 on: September 21, 2011, 10:52:41 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with them !
I wish them safety and wisdom to do their job.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: September 22, 2011, 11:17:54 PM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/The-search-for-Susan-Powell-continues-near-Topaz/GajERlkgakG3o3ONCLDG4Q.cspx

The search for Susan Powell continues near Topaz Mountain
Updated: 2:12 pm | Published: 8:26 am

TOPAZ MOUNTAIN, Utah (ABC 4 News) - The search for Susan Powell continued Thursday morning. West Valley Detectives, as well as searchers from multiple Sheriff's departments throughout the state were back out searching for any sign of Susan Cox Powell. 

"The search will look at spots that were tough to get to in previous days," said Sgt. Mike Powell with the West Valley City Police Department. 

On Wednesday, the search came up with "objects that didn't quite fit into the desert," According to Sgt. Powell.  West Valley police cannot say if those items had anything to do with Susan Powell.

On Thursday, the search was to focus on areas that were to steep for an ATV to access as well as other areas that are in the search grid that have not yet been searched.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: September 22, 2011, 11:28:20 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17353671

Charred wood could provide significant clues in Powell investigation
By Andrew Adams
September 22nd, 2011 @ 5:55pm

DELTA — It’s the only evidence that has been recovered during a lengthy search around Topaz Mountain.

About 100 charred pieces of wood was taken from what was initially described as a shallow grave that had been disturbed. The material was discovered as investigators were searching the desert area for clues in the disappearance of missing West Valley mother Susan Cox Powell.

But is the material really evidence? And what can be gleaned from them?

A South Salt Lake-based forensics expert says plenty.

“If the wood is only partially burned, for instance — or didn’t burn that long or wasn’t that hot — and it was in direct contact with biological materials, then it is possible to get a DNA profile from that,” Tim Kupferschmid, executive director of Sorenson Forensics, said Thursday.

West Valley police have said they believe the pieces of wood may have been used to burn human remains, though it is unclear whose remains they might be. Three different sets of trained cadaver dogs independently indicated last week that they detected human decomposition on the pieces, investigators said.

Kupferschmid said there is a concern about how much the DNA has degraded, but it will not result in misidentification.

“No chance in the process does the DNA degrade and turn into someone else’s DNA,” Kupferschmid said. “It’s either going to be a match or you’re going to get no results or inconclusive results.”

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #357 on: September 23, 2011, 12:55:20 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow Edit-needed hyperlink MB
BenWinslow Ben Winslow
RT @fox13now: Police say Steven Powell arrested for voyeurism involving children. #Utah #findsusan #SusanPowell

2 minutes ago
Ben Winslow
BenWinslow Ben Winslow
BREAKING NEWS: WVCPD confirm Josh Powell's father arrested. It is NOT connected to #SusanPowell's disappearance. @fox13now #findsusan

OS
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:54:06 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #358 on: September 23, 2011, 12:58:17 AM »

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow Edit to add link.  MB
BenWinslow Ben Winslow
WVC PD says in a statement they were involved in the investigation of Steven Powell as well. @fox13now #findsusan #SusanPowell #Utah
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:54:56 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: September 23, 2011, 01:18:52 AM »

BREAKING NEWS: Josh Powell's father arrested in Washington State
Fox 13 News
10:33 p.m. MDT, September 22, 2011

PUYALLUP, Wash.— Steven Powell, the father-in-law to missing Susan Cox Powell, was arrested Thursday night, according to West Valley City Police.

In a statement from the West Valley City Police Department, Pierce County Sheriff's Office says Steven Powell was arrested based on evidence seized in a recent search warrant conducted by the Sheriff's Office with the support of West Valley Police.

West Valley Police say the arrest is not related to the case involving the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell.

The Pierce County Sheriff's Office has charged Powell with 14 counts of voyeurism involving two child victims and on a count of possession of depictions of minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct in the 2nd degree.

<snipped>

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-steven-powell-breaking-news-josh-powells-father-arrested-in-washington-20110922,0,4639336.story

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.