March 18, 2024, 11:22:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 462627 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #820 on: February 06, 2012, 03:47:58 AM »

yes, thank bye

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #821 on: February 06, 2012, 04:03:09 AM »

I cannot imagine being the person that delivered those children to the house. My heart goes out to that person, and of course to Susan's parents.

I'm in a situation where I supervise parental visits of a 2 year old that I have custody of. I've had the child for around 6 months, and when the parents came out of jail, the judge allowed visits for them, and simply said, "You supervise the visits." He gave me no guidelines or instructions, just mandated 1 hour every other week and instructed us all to exchange phone numbers to work out where and when. I've always made it a public place, (like a playground) but I give them space, once the toddler is willing to leave my lap and seems comfortable with them.

My God.......... I cannot imagine. My heart breaks for those children and for those who loved them. I know that God has them in His capable hands and may He somehow comfort those they leave behind.

Our society and legal system do not do enough to protect the children. Parental rights are given too much weight. When children are known to be safe and happy, they shouldn't be moved to areas of risk. I'm biased, I know, but that's how I feel.

CBB you are not biased. It's the way it should be. The legal system tells us all the time "we are looking out for what best for the child." Yet over and over we have seen child murdered bye their parents when it is clear that the children are not safe with their parents. We gave heard over and over that the Social Service workers are over worked and they just can't do their jobs. I call BS not saying the CS workers aren't over worked. But the way the laws are now they can't do much of anything. They get burned out and either they have to leave or it just becomes a paycheck and not a calling to help the children. If they were truly looking out for the children we wouldn't have so many children missing killed or so abused. Our system has to change and truly act on whats best for the children.

I am sorry to hear that the court didn't give you any advice on how to handle your visitation's with your little guy. I think keeping it in an public place is the best thing for you.

My heart cries along with everyone else over the lose of these two little boys. I have to believe they are with their mommy and have no more fear.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
crazybabyborg
« Reply #822 on: February 06, 2012, 04:13:05 AM »

I agree, GE. The courts are often in conflict trying to balance what's obviously best for the children and parental rights. To me, that's the problem in a nutshell. I say that everyone in authority should squarely place the children's interest as THE priority and anyone else's interest should fit in under that.

Those kids should never have been exposed to their Dad under the circumstances, IMO. When children are involved, the court needs to use some common sense.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #823 on: February 06, 2012, 04:18:30 AM »

I agree, GE. The courts are often in conflict trying to balance what's obviously best for the children and parental rights. To me, that's the problem in a nutshell. I say that everyone in authority should squarely place the children's interest as THE priority and anyone else's interest should fit in under that.

Those kids should never have been exposed to their Dad under the circumstances, IMO. When children are involved, the court needs to use some common sense.

I agree CBB The children need to come first, then the parents.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #824 on: February 06, 2012, 06:16:51 AM »

Just listening to the link you provided Trim and they are stating an accelerant was used, another OMG....it's beyond evil what he did and he not only was a control freak who wanted to punish everyone , which could have included the neighbors with that explosion but also was sure to pour salt in the wound of everyone in his mind that wronged him......is it hot enough for you Joshie....don't worry, my bet is your daddy and brother will join you one day.
What a monster.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: February 06, 2012, 06:17:48 AM »

I agree CBB The children need to come first, then the parents.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: February 06, 2012, 06:21:30 AM »

http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Could-Wash-have-done-more-to-protect-Powell-boys-3055081.php
Could Wash. have done more to protect Powell boys?
GENE JOHNSON, Associated Press
Updated 05:23 a.m., Monday, February 6, 2012

SEATTLE (AP) — State authorities can expect tough questions about whether more might have been done to protect a missing Utah woman's two children, who died along with their father after authorities say he ignited his home in an inferno Sunday.

Josh Powell was a person of interest in his wife's disappearance. Why was he allowed to meet with his sons at all? Why weren't more precautions taken, such as requiring that supervised visits be at a neutral site rather than at his home?
 ::snipping2::

::snipping2::
The court ordered a psychological evaluation of Josh Powell last October. After it was completed, the psychologist received information from police in West Valley City, Utah, about undisclosed materials found on his computer during a search in 2009. That material prompted the psychologist to recommend a psycho-sexual evaluation before Powell be given custody or expanded visitation rights.

For his part, Josh Powell had argued in court papers that it was unfair for his children to be removed from his care based on something his father had done. In supervised visits, twice a week for three hours apiece, he demonstrated his love of the boys and his competence as a caregiver, he insisted. He believed that a Child Protective Services investigation completed Nov. 30 clearing him of negligent treatment or maltreatment of his boys should have paved the way for their return home.

"No child wants to be taken from their parents and it is not reasonable to continue this process," he wrote in a court declaration last Wednesday. "At this point, it is only by bending and breaking the rules that anyone even tries to keep it going."

The judge disagreed, ordering the psycho-sexual evaluation.

Powell's attorney, Jeffrey Bassett, said Powell was extremely upset about the decision.

"The last conversation I had with him, we were looking to move forward, to comply with the evaluation and go from there," Bassett said. "This is a total shock."

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Could-Wash-have-done-more-to-protect-Powell-boys-3055081.php#ixzz1lbEBdjJW

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: February 06, 2012, 06:30:34 AM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700222406/Timeline-of-events-surrounding-Josh-Powell-Susan-Cox-Powell.html?s_cid=s10
Detailed timeline of events surrounding Josh Powell, Susan Cox Powell
Deseret News
Published: Sunday, Feb. 5 2012 6:39 p.m. MST

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: February 06, 2012, 06:58:15 AM »

~ Peter Frampton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #829 on: February 06, 2012, 07:30:42 AM »

I just watched the Today Show.....they said the boys had become more verbal about the night Susan disappeared.  The older son stated that when they went camping, Susan was in the trunk. Once there, Susan and Josh left, only Josh came back.  At least that is something to go on and confirms to me that Josh killed Susan. Sick coward.

May Susan, Charlie and Braden spend eternal happiness together.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #830 on: February 06, 2012, 07:49:14 AM »

Those poor angels never stood a chance!

I am unable to speak 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: February 06, 2012, 08:29:54 AM »

I think Susan caught Josh molesting the boys.  I wouldn't be surprised if Steven molested Josh and the 2 of them molested the boys.  Susan found out and was killed.  Josh and his father are evil. 

I'm just sick about this.

I believe you are correct - I wonder if the boys were some of the pictures that were on the hard drive. One article I read (sorry I do not remember which one!) said that the boys were starting to talk about the night Susan went missing and Josh was scared. JMO but it makes sense.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: February 06, 2012, 08:30:47 AM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kcpq-jailed-father-of-josh-powell-placed-on-suicide-watch-20120205,0,5539238.story

IMO someone needs to put a vise on his nuts and tighten it until he talks.  This bastard knows what happened to Susan. 

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: February 06, 2012, 08:41:09 AM »

Josh Powell, Husband & Prime Suspect in Case of Missing Susan Powell … Kills His Two Children in Murder-Suicide … All Die in Fire During a Supervised Visit

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/02/06/josh-powell-husband-of-missing-susan-powell-kills-his-two-children-in-murder-suicide-all-die-in-fire-during-a-supervised-visit/

This should make everyone think twice about any type of child visitation to a parent who is accused or under suspicion of a crime when it comes to a missing person or murder. Maybe all supervised visits should now be in public places and not in homes. Our hearts and prayers go to the families who have to cope with this heinous act.

Read more at Blink on Crime and go to Scared Monkeys Missing Persons Forum: Susan Powell to see updates and provide comments.

UPDATE I: Could the Courts have done more to protect the Powell boys, 7 year old Charles &  5 year old Braden?

Ya think? Of course sadly the questions come a bit late now, don’t they? One would think that in the future, parents who are prime suspects in serious crimes like missing persons and murders that they either would not be allowed visitation at all or any supervision would be in a public location or controlled environment.

What a crying shame. Maybe we should start thinking more about the rights and protection of children, rather than parents rights. Simply sick.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:45:36 AM by Red » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: February 06, 2012, 08:53:18 AM »

IM - thank you for bringing this here.  I was shocied and horrified when Frederica Whitfield
broke this and didn't know how to bring this tragic news here.

Children have been failed again.

I believe Powell will be found in the home when it is safe enough for authorites to enter.

above - Glowed by me> I do not understand the statement. Is Frederica Whitfield a monkey? I am lost, as usual.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: February 06, 2012, 09:12:24 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/kstu-powell-explosion-rescue-operation-at-steven-powell-home-in-puyallup-20120205,0,2033970.story

Video at link.
Heard this when I was watching the Super Bowl.
Why in the hell did the courts let him see the boys?  Idiots!!!

I just hope Dale Jr doesn't do this to the boys.

Confused again...where does Dale Jr. fit into this?

RED--well said 

Just a thought...remember the charred object(? wood?) taken from the last search for Susan? Perhaps somehow the accelerant used on that can be chemically linked to the same used at the home where the explosion took place. I know I am reaching....

They need to continue searching for her, this case is far from closed.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: February 06, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »

Not surprised, but still shocked........ We all knew from that very first video interview with Josh that he was unstable, it was so obvious. I can't stop shaking my head...

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #837 on: February 06, 2012, 09:41:07 AM »

just read the news. a truly selfish bastard till the end. why didn't the sob kill himself only? sickening

I remember you, Caylee.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: February 06, 2012, 09:48:39 AM »

How sad, Poor little Angels

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #839 on: February 06, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »

just read the news. a truly selfish bastard till the end. why didn't the sob kill himself only? sickening
My thoughts are he didn't want her parents to have the boys he was truly selfish bastard.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.