March 19, 2024, 12:12:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 462632 times)
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: February 06, 2012, 06:52:12 PM »

May have already been posted:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2012/02/josh-powell-susan-trunk-children-explosion.html

Susan Powell's son drew picture of his mother in trunk of car

February 6, 2012 |  2:36 pm

The oldest son of missing Utah mother Susan Powell drew a picture for a school assignment that depicted his mother in the trunk of the family vehicle, a lawyer for Powell's family said Monday.

The comments come a day after Powell's two sons died in an explosive house fire in Washington state believed to have been set by their father, Josh Powell, who was also killed in the blaze.

"Charlie drew a picture at school. You were supposed to draw a picture of something you had done during the summer. And he drew a picture of the family's vehicle, with Dad driving the car, he and Braden in the back seat, and Mom was in the trunk," Tacoma attorney Steve Downing told the Los Angeles Times.

Expanding on statements he made Sunday about the children's increasing recollections, Downing said Charlie, 7, and his brother Braden, 5, were starting to talk more about the disappearance of their mother in December 2009.
 ::snipping2::
OK - this is really starting to creep up my crawl - this sweet little child drew this picture and no one NO ONE NO ONE acted on it.  Are you kidding me?  I have turned parents in to authorities for way lesser situations than this - and who didn't  know their Mom was missing?  Who did not see this RED FLAG?  Whatever entity allowed these children to be in his care in his home even for a second should be ASHAMED.  I am so sorry that these children were failed by adults in their life.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: February 06, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/06/husband-missing-utah-mom-spent-some-time-planning-fire-that-killed-him-sons/
Husband of missing Utah mom spent some time planning fire that killed him, sons, police say
February 6, 2012

GRAHAM, Wash. –  Authorities say Josh Powell planned the deadly house fire that killed him and his young sons for some time, dropping toys at charities and sending final emails to multiple acquaintances.
Authorities say they found 10 gallons of gasoline inside the home. A five-gallon can was spread throughout the house and used as an accelerant in the huge blaze. Another can was found by the bodies.
They say Josh Powell did send longer emails to some people, including his cousin and pastor, with instructions such as where to find his money and how to shut off his utilities.

But none of the emails said anything about what happened to his wife.

The maternal grandparents of Josh Powell's two sons say the boys were playing happily Sunday and didn't want to visit their father.

Charles and Judy Cox tell KIRO-TV that the grandmother talked them into a supervised child custody visit with their father.

Steve Richards, assistant chief of Graham Fire and Rescue, said crews were assessing the remnants of the home to determine how the fire began and what types of accelerants might have been used. He said responders arrived on scene about three minutes after getting the call and found flames already through the roof.

"It was just devastation," he said.

Fire investigators were slowly moving around the home Monday morning, measuring areas both inside and out. All the bodies were found Sunday in one room in the middle of the home, Troyer said.

A candle light vigil was held Sunday night for the boys outside the 7-year-old's school in Puyallup.

The investigation will include a closer looks at Josh Powell's last movements and messages.
The Washington Department of Social and Health Services said the social worker who brought the boys to Josh Powell's home for what was to be a supervised visit is "suffering from grave emotional trauma as a result of the horrific event." The department will conduct a formal child fatality review.
The social worker called her supervisors to report that she could smell gas. Moments later, the home burst into flames, igniting an inferno that neighbors said rattled their houses. Some sort of accelerant was used to make the house burn faster, Troyer said.

Video at link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: February 06, 2012, 07:31:19 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700222687/Police-Josh-Powell-donated-boys-toys-other-items-before-murdering-them.html
Police: Josh Powell donated boys' toys, other items before murdering them
By Pat Reavy, Deseret News
February 6, 2012

GRAHAM, Wash — Josh Powell donated boxes of toys and books to a Goodwill charity over the weekend before he murdered his two children in a fire, police said Monday.

Powell, who died with the boys in the Sunday blaze, also sent multiple emails about what to do with his utilities, his money and other aspects of his life" before he set the fire, said Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer.

"This is definitely a planned out event and this is something he planned on doing no matter who was hurt," he said.
Autopsies were scheduled to be conducted Monday for Braden and Charlie Powell, ages 5 and 7. Troyer said no weapons were recovered and a preliminary examination of the bodies did not show any signs of gunshot wounds.

Investigators didn't yet know where the fire originated. The first firefighters arrived just three minutes after receiving the call. The nearest fire station is only one block away from Powell's home.
(4 pg. article)
Video in article & slide show link with 69 images.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: February 06, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »

May have already been posted:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2012/02/josh-powell-susan-trunk-children-explosion.html

Susan Powell's son drew picture of his mother in trunk of car

February 6, 2012 |  2:36 pm

The oldest son of missing Utah mother Susan Powell drew a picture for a school assignment that depicted his mother in the trunk of the family vehicle, a lawyer for Powell's family said Monday.

The comments come a day after Powell's two sons died in an explosive house fire in Washington state believed to have been set by their father, Josh Powell, who was also killed in the blaze.

"Charlie drew a picture at school. You were supposed to draw a picture of something you had done during the summer. And he drew a picture of the family's vehicle, with Dad driving the car, he and Braden in the back seat, and Mom was in the trunk," Tacoma attorney Steve Downing told the Los Angeles Times.

Expanding on statements he made Sunday about the children's increasing recollections, Downing said Charlie, 7, and his brother Braden, 5, were starting to talk more about the disappearance of their mother in December 2009.
OK - this is really starting to creep up my crawl - this sweet little child drew this picture and no one NO ONE NO ONE acted on it.  Are you kidding me?  I have turned parents in to authorities for way lesser situations than this - and who didn't  know their Mom was missing?  Who did not see this RED FLAG?  Whatever entity allowed these children to be in his care in his home even for a second should be ASHAMED.  I am so sorry that these children were failed by adults in their life.

Caddi,I just cant take this.WTH is wrong with these people? 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: February 06, 2012, 07:40:39 PM »

http://**/sltrib/news/53457213-78/powell-leach-josh-family.html.csp
Powell cousin calls on FBI to investigate cyberbullying against Josh Powell
By melinda Rogers
The Salt Lake Tribune
February 6, 2012

A cousin of Josh Powell on Monday implored the FBI to launch an investigation into Facebook postings that he claims "cyberbullied" Josh Powell and possibly contributed to the man’s decision to kill himself and his children in a dramatic Washington house fire over the weekend.

Nathan Leach of Texas contacted the Seattle division of the FBI with screen shots taken from the "Where is Susan Powell?" and "Friends and Family of Susan Powell" Facebook pages in recent months.

Leach said he and others have been monitoring the pages and were disturbed that some postings included suggestions to contact Child Protective Services in Washington with bogus claims so Josh Powell’s children would be taken away from him.

"Josh is guilty of the final act, but there are people who are responsible for bringing him there and they need to answer for it," Leach said Monday. "I’m worried this is just going to be ‘case closed.’ And that thought be a very convenient conclusion to all of this. Nobody would pay for what they’ve done to bring it here."

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #905 on: February 06, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »

By melinda Rogers
The Salt Lake Tribune
February 6, 2012

A cousin of Josh Powell on Monday implored the FBI to launch an investigation into Facebook postings that he claims "cyberbullied" Josh Powell and possibly contributed to the man’s decision to kill himself and his children in a dramatic Washington house fire over the weekend.

Nathan Leach of Texas contacted the Seattle division of the FBI with screen shots taken from the "Where is Susan Powell?" and "Friends and Family of Susan Powell" Facebook pages in recent months.

Leach said he and others have been monitoring the pages and were disturbed that some postings included suggestions to contact Child Protective Services in Washington with bogus claims so Josh Powell’s children would be taken away from him.

"Josh is guilty of the final act, but there are people who are responsible for bringing him there and they need to answer for it," Leach said Monday. "I’m worried this is just going to be ‘case closed.’ And that thought be a very convenient conclusion to all of this. Nobody would pay for what they’ve done to bring it here."

He is a victim of cyber bullying? Is that the claim here?

Sounds like he needed to be the victim of real bullying...

I really don't get this diversion...
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #906 on: February 06, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »

By melinda Rogers
The Salt Lake Tribune
February 6, 2012

Utter bullchit! 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #907 on: February 06, 2012, 07:55:55 PM »

I'm going to be pizzed as all get out if the Powells have any say in the burial of the boys.  The Cox family should have custody of their bodies and allowed to decide where, when, and who when it comes to the funeral.  IMO

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:16 PM »

By melinda Rogers
The Salt Lake Tribune
February 6, 2012

He is a victim of cyber bullying? Is that the claim here?

Sounds like he needed to be the victim of real bullying...

I really don't get this diversion...

Ohhh, p'leeeeeez.   Victims of bullying may commit suicide but that don't take others with them.  You talk about reaching to try to justify the unjustifiable.  This family member needs to crawl back in his hole and pull it back in after him.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #909 on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:28 PM »

Now I really want to know what those photos of the children were that were found on Josh's computer.  What had this monster done to those sweet children?

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #910 on: February 06, 2012, 08:01:27 PM »

TY MB for the article,on josh mom

this news has weighed on me all day,i feel so heavy,the minds of murderers,and sex offenders
never ceases to amaze me,i could live forever and never understand,all of it is just so dam
senseless,and cowardly

josh i believe the torment and evil you practiced while living,will be your way of living in
your death,enjoy, it is well deserved

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #911 on: February 06, 2012, 08:16:18 PM »

My heart just breaks for Susan's family and for Josh's sister that supported the Coxes (can't think of her name).  She did the right thing and was attacked by her own father and siblings.  I do hope that LE goes after Steven, Michael, and the sister that lived with Josh for so long.  They know what he did.  They probably even covered up evidence. Go after Josh's mother.  There was a point where she was talking with LE and seemed to be willing to help.  Get her away from Michael and I'd bet she spills her guts.  Play hard ball with them all.  No sympathy.

I'd been willing to bet that Steven now uses Josh as a scape goat for all those photos.  Who wants to bet he says Josh did it all and set him up?

BBM

I don't care what he says about Josh, unless it has to do with what he did to Susan and where her remains are. No one will ever make me believe that his Dad doesn't know.

I do care.  I don't want him raising any doubt during his trial as to who was taking pics and uploading them to those computers.  He'll blame Josh because Josh isn't here to defend himself.  I just don't want another Pinellas County jury doing something stupid and Steven getting off.  I also have no doubt that Steven knows exactly what happened to Susan.  But he'll never tell.  At least nothing truthful.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #912 on: February 06, 2012, 08:23:40 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/06/husband-missing-utah-mom-spent-some-time-planning-fire-that-killed-him-sons/
Husband of missing Utah mom spent some time planning fire that killed him, sons, police say
February 6, 2012

GRAHAM, Wash. – 

respectfully snipped....

The maternal grandparents of Josh Powell's two sons say the boys were playing happily Sunday and didn't want to visit their father.

Charles and Judy Cox tell KIRO-TV that the grandmother talked them into a supervised child custody visit with their father.

Video at link
I'm confused.  Who are they talking about?  Josh's mother?

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #913 on: February 06, 2012, 08:34:09 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hdsmBw-BPyD10-npi2dsPFsqcBiA?docId=13907733c7d442f5a2372e51d6f504f3

Police: Father planned deadly fire for some time
In at least one email, he wrote that he couldn't live without his boys, Troyer said.
But, he added, "There's no indication about Susan in anything that we've found so far."

They said the boys played happily and didn't want to visit their father when the time came for their weekly Sunday visit. But Judy Cox said she talked them into the visit — and she now regrets it.

wow...can you imagine.  Judy was trying to do the right thing.  Bless her heart.   

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #914 on: February 06, 2012, 08:35:47 PM »

And this azz had the nerve to stand in court last week and gripe about the boys getting boo-boos in their loving grandparents' care.  Their grandparents didn't burn them alive. 

crazybabyborg
« Reply #915 on: February 06, 2012, 09:14:11 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700222687/Police-Josh-Powell-donated-boys-toys-other-items-before-murdering-them.html
Police: Josh Powell donated boys' toys, other items before murdering them
By Pat Reavy, Deseret News
February 6, 2012

GRAHAM, Wash — Josh Powell donated boxes of toys and books to a Goodwill charity over the weekend before he murdered his two children in a fire, police said Monday.

Powell, who died with the boys in the Sunday blaze, also sent multiple emails about what to do with his utilities, his money and other aspects of his life" before he set the fire, said Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer.

"This is definitely a planned out event and this is something he planned on doing no matter who was hurt," he said.
Autopsies were scheduled to be conducted Monday for Braden and Charlie Powell, ages 5 and 7. Troyer said no weapons were recovered and a preliminary examination of the bodies did not show any signs of gunshot wounds.

Investigators didn't yet know where the fire originated. The first firefighters arrived just three minutes after receiving the call. The nearest fire station is only one block away from Powell's home.
(4 pg. article)
Video in article & slide show link with 69 images.

This is getting harder and harder to swallow. Josh should have been under surveillance not only for being the prime suspect in Susan's murder, but if the court was going to allow him to spend time with the children (and I'll never be convinced the court didn't know he murdered Susan) then it should have taken every precautionary action possible. My God, they sent children to be in the direct company of a murderer and they knew it...... prove it? Maybe not, but they knew it. At the VERY LEAST, those visits should never have been allowed in his home. The pattern of behavior around his plan should have been observed. If the court is going to take it upon itself to let those kids near him, then the court takes the responsibility for their safety. JMO.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #916 on: February 06, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »

By melinda Rogers
The Salt Lake Tribune
February 6, 2012

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: February 06, 2012, 09:24:14 PM »

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/nation/utah-chief-police-hope-to-interview-powells-dad-2153408.html
Autopsy reports were pending, but Troyer said there were no gunshot wounds.

The Utah police chief heading the investigation into Susan Powell's disappearance, Buzz Nielsen of the West Valley City Police Department, flew to Washington state Monday and vowed that the case will remain open.

Detectives hope to interview the father of Josh Powell, Steve Powell, who remains in jail on child pornography and voyeurism charges, Nielsen said. He identified Steve Powell as a "person of interest" in the disappearance but then said no arrest was imminent: "He's not in our sights."

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #918 on: February 06, 2012, 09:28:06 PM »

i was curious to what the Psycho-Sexual Evaluations, involved and found this
no wonder josh freaked out,we would have known everything too,why does
this lawyers name sound familiar, robert perez,his office put up the info on the
PSE
http://www.robertperezlaw.com/CM/Custom/Custom15.asp

i thought the boys were a ward of the court and the coxs had temp custody
so would they have to go to court,to get the right to bury the boys

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #919 on: February 06, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »

About Josh being cyberbullied and driven to suicide and murdering his sons...

... it is another example of how "pass-the-buck" works in the family. There is no admission of guilt, or taking responsibility for their own actions.

Had the family better advised Josh into confession... admitted what happened to Susan, and cooperated with police, and the guy served his sentence, this last incident wouldn't have happened.

But, instead they looked the other way and blamed everyone but Josh into what happened with Susan.

IF Josh was bullied, it was understandable that he had committed suicide. But, does that explain Josh murdering his two little boys?

IF Josh didn't read the comments on the page, he could not have done his deeds because he was cyber-bullied. The brother will have to prove that Josh read the messages.

MOO

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.