March 28, 2024, 04:46:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 463549 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2010, 06:34:30 AM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700089116/One-year-later-Susan-Cox-Powell-is-still-missing.html
One year later, Susan Cox Powell is still missing
Family still hopes Powell will be found
Published: Monday, Dec. 6, 2010 11:18 p.m. MST
By Wendy Leonard and Andrew Adams, Deseret News

SALT LAKE CITY — One year after Susan Cox Powell was last seen, family and friends remain hopeful she'll be found.

Police are still treating her disappearance as a missing-persons case, dedicating numerous resources to the investigation. West Valley City Police Sgt. Mike Powell said on Monday that more than 8,000 hours have been spent working on the ongoing investigation, including addressing hundreds of phone calls that continue to come in from the public.
Susan Cox Powell's father, Charles Cox, said police update the family weekly.

"At this point, we want to move on with positive thoughts about her because there's been no body found," he said. "She could still be alive."

He still meets with people who have not heard of the case, and that is lending hope to the possibility that someone who might have seen something critical may still be able to help.

"We're always hopeful of finding her alive," Judy Cox, Susan Cox Powell's mother, said during a telephone interview from Puyallup, Wash., on Monday. "We are also realizing it could be the other way, but we're more hopeful she will be alive."

Susan Cox Powell went missing Dec. 7, 2009, and before her husband, Josh Powell, returned to their West Valley City home with their two sons, some believed the whole family had disappeared. Josh Powell said he had taken the boys camping overnight.

"Every once in a while, I still think she should be walking through that door," said Jennifer Graves, Josh Powell's sister and Susan Cox Powell's friend. "She was such a bright person, such a bright spirit. She just was happy and positive. She was just a bright spot in my life."

After a trying 12 months, Graves believes her brother is responsible for her friend's disappearance, and she has essentially been disowned by her family for her beliefs in the matter. She last spoke to Josh Powell on Jan. 22.
"The fact that he left two weeks after she disappeared, to go on vacation — that is just offensive to me," she said. "Then, he moved a month after she disappeared. That doesn't show actions of a spouse who loves and cares about their spouse."

In addition to losing their daughter, Charles and Judy Cox last saw their grandsons on April 10 at a park in Puyallup. They've been asked to communicate with Josh Powell via e-mail, but they say he doesn't always respond.

"We believe he's the key to telling us what happened to her or at least moving the investigation beyond where it is," said Charles Cox.
Police have yet to name any suspects in the case, however, Josh Powell was named as the only "person of interest" at one point. Since Susan Cox Powell's disappearance, he has made numerous postings on a website he maintains, and has made claims that she ran off with another man or that she left them.

"It doesn't look to me like there would be any possibility that she could admit to her parents, for example, that she was actually out doing something with another guy and going to run off with somebody else," Josh Powell's father, Steve Powell said on Monday. He has also posted information on the site and has recently tried to link Susan Cox Powell's disappearance with that of a St. George man.
"Although it's upsetting, it's also ridiculous," said Charles Cox. "They're flailing about with absolutely no evidence or anything."

Susan Cox Powell's friend, Kiirsi Hellewell, can't believe it has been an entire year with no resolution.

"It's horrible," she said. "It's like walking around all the time with this just overwhelming load of bricks on you, and as the day gets closer and closer to a year that Susan's been gone, it just gets heavier every day."

Friends and family held multiple events Monday to mark the anniversary of her disappearance, including one that focused on a children's story time and gathering books for the Granite School District.

"Instead of doing something that's maybe sadder, like a candlelight vigil, as we've done in the past, we wanted to celebrate Susan's most important role in her life and the thing that meant the most to her, and that is that she was a wonderful mother to her two little boys. She loved to read to them," Hellewell said. Hellewell said her friend wouldn't know anyone was looking for her "because she's either dead or taken against her will and is being held somewhere where she doesn't have access to the luxuries we take for granted."
Police continue to encourage anyone with information that might be pertinent to the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell to call the West Valley City police department at 801-840-4000.

e-mail: wleonard@desnews.com, aadams@ksl.com

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2010, 06:44:46 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-5978124-11.html?tag=page
Missing Utah Mother Susan Powell

Utah mom Susan Powell, 28, was reported missing Dec. 6, 2009 from the Salt Lake City suburb of West Valley City in a case that police are calling suspicious. Her husband, Josh Powell, says he took their children, ages 2 and 4, camping, and does not know what happened to her. Police urge anyone with information regarding the case to call West Valley City Police at (801) 840-4000.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-5978124-11.html#ixzz17QRBLw9Z

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2010, 09:23:17 AM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/12/08/1456262/missing-womans-friends-family.html
Susan Cox Powell's friends, family volunteer for others
STACIA GLENN; Staff writer
Published: 12/08/1012:05 am | Updated: 12/08/10 3:21 am
Instead of holding a vigil, Susan Cox Powell’s family and friends gathered Tuesday night to help others while marking the anniversary of the 28-year-old mother of two’s disappearance.

About 35 people met up inside an abandoned car dealership in Puyallup to wrap presents for the Washington State Santa Cops, a nonprofit that delivers toys and food to needy families, in Cox Powell’s honor.

“We decided it’s a good distraction to go and help someone,” said the woman’s father, Charles Cox. “Susan liked helping people and loved to do this kind of stuff so we carried on.”

Cox Powell was reported missing Dec. 7, 2009, when she didn’t show up for work in Utah.

Her husband, Josh Powell, said he saw her a day earlier, when he left to go camping with the couple’s boys, ages 2 and 4. He has been the only person identified as a “person of interest” by police but has not been charged with any crime.

Josh Powell since has returned to Puyallup, where the couple met. They moved to Utah six years ago.

Police in West Valley City, a suburb of Salt Lake City, say they’re still following tips and treating Cox Powell’s disappearance as a missing-person case. Police said more than 8,000 hours have been put into the investigation, and they have handled hundreds of phone calls from the public.

Shelby Gifford, the family’s spokeswoman, said foregoing a vigil for a service-minded project helped Cox Powell’s loved ones put a positive spin on their heartbreak.
Tuesday night’s turnout enabled them to collect more than 1,000 toys.

Volunteers spent two hours sorting canned foods and wrapping Christmas presents that will be distributed to 150-200 families later this month.

Nathan Johnson, who attends the same church as the Cox family, said he recently was released from prison and wanted to participate in the event to show he can be a productive person.

“I decided to do something good and positive for society. I really feel for (the Coxes),” Johnson said. “For so long I’ve been selfish – it feels good to help other people.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

~ Peter Frampton
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2010, 03:12:08 PM »

not one update about missing susan, or acknowledgement its been a year, and i sure would ,not want to be this woman,
right now, wonder if there is a legal issue, publishing this womans words, thats supposing the entry and journal are real

http://susanpowell.org/Pages/Response/Susan-Cox-Journal-Entries/Susan-Cox-dear-friend-witnesses-Judy-Cox-abuse-real-time.aspx
snip
Susan's dear friend writes about Judy Cox's abuse as it is happening
Susan Powell, who was Susan Cox at the time, had one of the best friends she could have ever asked for. Susan frequently told Josh about Susan's love and friendship for Brittainy Cornett. Susan said that Brittainy was there for her at a time in her life when she really, really needed a friend. Susan's words to Josh over the years were that Brittainy literally saved her life.

snip
The Powells can only hope for Brittainy's continued support for Susan as the Powells publish this letter in full because the Powells feel Brittainy's words are so powerful.

Links to view the full letter:
TYPED TRANSCRIPT: August 3, 1999 Brittainy Cornett writes about Judy Cox's abuse as it is happening
SCANNED ORIGINAL: August 3, 1999 Brittainy Cornett writes about Judy Cox's abuse as it is happening
Updated December 7, 2010

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2010, 04:55:25 PM »

I don't see what this has to do with anything. Susan didn't live with her mother anymore....she lived with Joshy. WTH is he trying to prove? It is in my opinion that more people than not have suffered some kind of abuse in their lifetime, whether it be emotional, mental, physical or sexual. This has nothing to do with Susan being missing Joshy... get over it and confess.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2010, 07:07:28 AM »

Is that all he has!  How many of us didn't have screaming episodes with our Mother.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2010, 09:57:56 AM »

He's desperately trying to divert cause/attention from himself, but it is backfiring.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2010, 12:35:59 PM »

Inside story: Media attention opens old wounds, new hopes

We were heading to our oldest son’s house Saturday evening to be with his kids while he and his wife attended a company Christmas party.

Just before we left the house, however, he called to say, “Dad, you might want to wear a shirt suitable to be seen in on television.”

He added that NBC cameras would be there to interview us for a brief segment on Monday morning’s Today Show. A version of the segment would also appear on KSL-TV that night.

In the intervening days, we have also talked to the Deseret News, The Salt Lake Tribune, the Ogden Standard-Examiner, media sources in Washington state, Deseret News columnist Lee Benson, People magazine and other local TV stations.

The best way to explain how we feel about this is to note it has re-opened wounds that were healing.

We had been meaning to let the next few days pass quietly, but due to the new flurry of media attention, we need to let Clipper readers know our position. And it’s a bit complicated

Essentially, Josh Powell and his father Steve have launched a new website in conjunction with the one-year anniversary of the disappearance of West Valley mother Susan Powell.

The site displays a photo of my son Steven, next to a photo of Susan Powell, Josh Powell’s wife.

In the information that follows, it alleges in part that the Powells believe Susan has run off to Brazil with my son Steven. In addition, the Powell website lists even more strange possibilities.

To be sure, websites by other parties also offer every weird scenario imaginable.

Our relatives have tried to shield us from many of these allegations, but we have examined several of them. And so have Las Vegas, Henderson and St. George police.

Just to be thorough, they have checked out a number of these theories — even some proffered by psychics.

Henderson detectives on several occasions have checked out rocks, ravines and fields suggested by psychics just to make sure — but have always found nothing.

So while there are many theories out there, we have encountered very little to substantiate them. To make our position clear, I will stick strictly to the evidence that has been found — not simply what we as a family would like to believe.

So here’s our position. As I said, it’s a bit complicated:

1. We are not upset at the Powell family for making these assertions. We realize they are going through a hard time and understand they may be grasping at straws.

2. The facts, however, don’t lead to their conclusion. That’s because police checked airline boardings out of Las Vegas for a period of several months. Steven was not on a plane that departed from McCarran International Airport.

We, ourselves, thought for a time that Steven might have gone to Brazil because he asked me for his passport about a month before he disappeared. However, we eventually found the passport among his possessions

That discovery hit us like so many other things in this baffling situation: We were happy to know he hadn’t fled the country, but saddened to realize another clue had vanished.

2. Which points out that seemingly logical theories often turn out to be just that: mere theories that evaporate when confronted by facts.

3. We also have not sought media involvement just for attention’s sake — our only interest has always been to find a clue that might lead us to Steven. That’s why we have preferred to focus on things that could have a chance of finding him, not something that has no other object than attracting attention.

4. We do see a bright side in all this because if the wider media attention sparks just a single solid lead, it will have been worth the added upheaval to our lives. And, oddly enough, we would be happy to know that our son was living in Brazil because knowing he is safe and happy beats continuing to remain in the dark.

5. And just as the Brazil theory can be easily dismissed by the facts, so can many of the Powells’ other assertions — especially links to Steven’s being in West Valley. Our copies of bank records show that Steven had bought gas in Salt Lake City — not West Valley – in the days after Susan Powell’s disappearance. Another website that has been tracking Steven’s situation shows the same data and features the disclaimer that its timeline does not support the one offered by the Powells.

I could say much more, but this should suffice.

While we remain open to any possibility or further information that may be found, investigations by police and others do not support any link to Susan Powell, to a new life in Brazil or to other unusual theories.

All we know is that he is missing — and apparently without a trace.

http://www.clippertoday.com/view/full_story/10580238/article-Inside-story--Media-attention-opens-old-wounds--new-hopes-?instance=lead_story_left_column
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »

http://www.susanpowell.org/Pages/Response/Steven-Koecher-Susan-Powell/Steven-Koecher-Susan-Powell-Parallel-Utah-Disappearances-Connection.aspx

Updated December 12, 2010

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2010, 12:50:27 PM »

omg how pathetic Josh!! I hope your ass gets sued...big time. How dare you involve this other family that has a loved one missing! What an outrage!

starwynn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2010, 03:22:39 PM »

omg how pathetic Josh!! I hope your ass gets sued...big time. How dare you involve this other family that has a loved one missing! What an outrage!

There is something so seriously wrong with this guy mentally.  But of course, for him to understand the implications of what he is doing to this other family, he would have to empathize.  To empathize, he would have to know pain.  He doesn't know pain with Susan's disappearance because, Lord forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm quite certain I am not, Susan didn't disappear - to him.  He knows exactly what happened to her.  So he can't put himself in the other's shoes.

I really do wonder *exactly* what is wrong with Josh.  Does he have a complete inability to bond? Every time I see him, or read what he's thinking, I am getting a strong feeling of some disorder but I don't know enough about the disorders to quite put my finger on it.  Sometimes his inappropriate statements and weird anti-social quirks, inability to understand what others are feeling through *their* eyes reminds me of Aspergers... except I'm not seeing any signs at all of exceptional intelligence.  Then I wonder if he was raised without bonding, and it's certain (and confirmed by his sister) that several of the children of Steve have unnatural bonding loyalty to their father.  He also has this weird anger thing that is obvious to everyone except him, like a big pink elephant in the room!  He's so hateful and insulting to his "missing" wife that even after a year he can't stop fuming about her.   Maybe he's blaming her for his own "telltale heart"? Who knows. I really look at him and his father and see two guys who think they are exceptionally brilliant, that the public (and police) are clueless, and that we believe them.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2010, 10:08:30 AM »

http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story/10652435/article-Koecher-Family-Marks-Anniversary-of-Utah-Man-Missing-for-one-Year-?instance=home_stories2_tip
Koecher Family Marks Anniversary of Utah Man Missing for one Year
by Pat Reavy, Associated Press Kcsg Television
1 day ago | 507 views

<Snipped>

Late Sunday, the Koecher family, who live in Bountiful, issued a statement focusing on the facts of their son's case. They listed 11 points ( http://assets.matchbin.com/secure/8c41ec907cd57b86f10695411b2a8dee/7fe86be0/sites/990/assets/3T57_Powell_Rebuttal.pdf  ) why Steven and Susan did not run off together.

Read more: KCSG Television - Koecher Family Marks Anniversary of Utah Man Missing for one Year

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2010, 12:55:35 PM »

Police investigating possible sighting of missing man

BOUNTIFUL Utah (ABC4 News) – Police are reviewing surveillance video for a possible link to the disappearance of Steven Koecher.

The 30-year old St. George man disappeared one year ago Monday after being spotted in Henderson Nevada.

“It was our last link to him was the surveillance video,” said his father Rolf Koecher.

Police in Nevada and St. George have yet to find any trace of Koecher. Cell phone records and Bank statements have not produced anything that has given police a trail to follow.

“It's not been easy,” said his father. “People would see us by day and we'd come here at night, here in this room, my wife and I sit in the dark and be paralyzed.”

Koecher said there was a possible sighting near a Provo post office.

He said the surveillance video has been forwarded to St. George police.

“He's within walking distance of his grandmothers,” said his father who hasn’t seen the video. “He'd have to be deranged to not know where he is. You know anything is possible.”

But a theory by Josh Powell that Koecher ran off with Susan Powell makes no sense to them or police.

“They (police) have met they compared all the phone calls, compared there was no joint phone calls,” Koecher said. “There is nothing linking them. They've totally dismissed it.”

And they recently found writings written by Steven Koecher two weeks before he disappeared.

“His state of mind was really good,” he said. “He was happy. He talked about his life being happy.”

Sunday night, the family decorated a Christmas tree outside their home. The lights will remain lit throughout the year or until Steven comes home.

“It’s kind of a bittersweet day for us because our kids are coming over this evening,” he said. “They don't want us to be alone.”

If anyone has any information about Steven Koecher’s disappearance, contact St. George police at 435-627-4301.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/Police-investigating-possible-sighting-of-missing/Ua1dvh1yc021V0EV_3yTZg.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2010, 12:58:07 PM »

Conjecture on Powell pours salt on wounds

Nothing like a punch to the gut on an anniversary you never wanted to observe.

It was a year ago yesterday that 28-year-old mom and housewife Susan Powell disappeared from her home in West Valley City and a year ago this coming Monday that 30-year-old Steven Koecher, a resident of St. George at the time, was last seen walking away from his car in Henderson, Nev.

For the 12 longest months of their lives, the families of these two Utahns, gone without a trace in the prime of life, have had to endure despair followed by repeated disappointment as exhaustive law enforcement investigations and massive volunteer searches have yielded no credible leads in either case.

Now, as the cold of December returns, a new twist has emerged about what happened to them.

Susan Powell and Steven Koecher ran off together, it is being speculated. They're alive and well and living most likely in Brazil, where Koecher was once a missionary.

It's a scenario that transforms Susan and Steven from victims into cheats and crooks.

The sole source for this conjecture comes from a website, SusanPowell.org, maintained by Susan's husband, Josh, and Josh's father, Steve Powell.

The website points out that Susan and Steven are about the same age, both are members of the LDS Church and, according to a timeline generated by Steve Powell, Koecher was in West Valley City a year ago.

Under that criteria, tens of thousands more who fit the above description — around 30, LDS and who passed through West Valley City in late 2009 — would qualify instantly as suspects.

The supposition is 100 percent innuendo, originating from the only person who has come under suspicion in either case — that would be Susan's husband Josh, whose alibi the night his wife disappeared (he said he went camping with the couple's two young sons, in December, at midnight) is suspect and whose behavior ever since (he moved out of state and to this day has not talked to police) could best be described as unusual.

And yet, as the one-year mark approached, the media, both print and broadcast, somehow saw fit this past weekend to publicly air the speculation.

You wonder what's next: breaking news on O.J.'s latest theories on who killed Nicole?

For obvious reasons, both Susan Powell's and Steven Koecher's families have expressed dismay at the National Enquirer-like headlines generated by the Josh Powell rumor mill. It would be excusable if there were a scintilla of tangible evidence to support the claims of Josh and his father that Susan and Steven dumped their lives and families — including the children Susan adored — to escape to a love nest in the rain forest.

But there isn't one scintilla of tangible evidence.

All the story succeeds in doing — for those who don't consider the source — is disparage the missing and add grief for their loved ones.

Not only has the good character of both Susan Powell and Steven Koecher stood up for an entire year under the closest of police scrutiny, but there has never been anything to even remotely suggest they ever crossed paths.

Phone records were checked and cross-checked. Neither person called the other or called anyone the other called.

Best friends and family — the closest confidants of the missing persons — were interviewed and re-interviewed. No one suggested either Susan or Steven was seeing anyone else.

The only verifiable time Steven Koecher was anywhere near the Powell's home was for a volleyball game in West Valley City with friends on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26, 2009, a week and a half before Susan Powell disappeared, after which he returned to his parents' home in Bountiful.

The police departments in the respective jurisdictions have met and shared all their evidence and found nothing.

"Everything they say is not founded in truth or reality, it's just scenarios," says Rolf Koecher, Steven's father, of the website conjecture. "Their assertions have opened up wounds that were healing.

"It sounds strange," Rolf adds, "but we'd be happy to know they're alive and safe — to know Steven is safe and not hurting, needing a rescue from somewhere."

He pauses, a dad dealing with a year's worth of unimaginable grief.

"But this isn't even on our radar that it's a possibility. We don't give it 10 seconds of thought. This is all innuendo and no evidence."

And incredibly cruel.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700089432/Conjecture-on-Powell-pours-salt-on-wounds.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »

A year later, Koecher family still seeks missing son

BOUNTIFUL -- The talk Steven Koecher gave at an LDS sacrament meeting in St. George about a week before his disappearance, his parents say, speaks to what Steven's state of mind was just before he disappeared.
Notes for the speech were recently found by Deanne Koecher, Steven's mother, in her son's Bible as she flipped through it.

"It did not seem to be the mind of someone plotting something criminal or reprehensible," Steven's father, Rolf Koecher, said of the found manuscript that lifted the spirits of the Koecher family at a time when they needed it.

"(Steven) described his home life as being happy, supportive, loving and peaceful," Rolf Koecher said.

Monday was the one-year anniversary of the last time 30-year-old Steven Koecher was seen.

On Dec. 13, 2009, the St. George resident, formerly of Bountiful, disappeared at about noon in the Sun City Anthem area of Henderson, Nev., an upscale retirement community near Las Vegas.

Surveillance video from a home-security camera shows Steven's car arriving at about six minutes to noon and parking in a small cul-de-sac, Rolf Koecher said.

Steven Koecher can be seen walking past the side of the home that has the surveillance camera, turning left on the street in front of the house, then crossing the street and walking out of the camera's view.

It is the surveillance video, along with other evidence gathered in the yearlong investigation of their missing son, Rolf Koecher said, that provides information contrary to what has been posted on a website by Josh Powell and Steve Powell, husband and father-in-law of Susan Powell, a missing West Valley City mother of two.

The website contends the missing woman, who was last seen Dec. 6, 2009, and Steven Koecher fled to Brazil, where Steven served a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

"The best evidence we have of his disappearance and the week preceding this event does not substantiate the assertions in a recently updated website," Rolf Koecher said in a statement.

"Rather than giving solely our opinions, we'd prefer to focus on actual information uncovered through extensive investigations," he said.

At least 11 items cast doubt about a link between Susan Powell and Steven Koecher, Rolf Koecher said.

This contention was originally brought up by the Powell family about 10 months ago, with police investigators unable to find a link.

West Valley City and St. George Police met to compare phone records, financial records and even records confidential to both investigations.

"They found there has been no mutual contact and no reason to believe there had ever been," Rolf Koecher said of the two missing people.

When Powell's website linked Steven Koecher with Susan Powell's disappearance and the "Today" show recorded a local segment on it, Koecher said, his family felt they needed to respond.

"Our official position is that (the Powells) have their own challenges to deal with," Rolf Koecher said.
In the meantime, the Koecher family -- while waiting for new clues to surface to help solve the mystery of Steven's disappearance -- has decorated an evergreen in the front of their Bountiful home with lights that are to remain on until their son comes home, or the lights burn out.

"What happens is that we get a clue that makes us hopeful, and they all evaporate," Koecher said of the ups and downs the family has experienced with this incident.

On Dec. 3, two sightings were made in Provo of someone resembling Steven Koecher. Family immediately scoured the area of the first sighting but could not find him. However, this individual may have been caught on video surveillance tapes at a Provo area post office on the same day, Rolf Koecher said.

The tapes are being released by the U.S. Postal Service to the St. George police for examination.

"We're trying to stay hopeful," Rolf Koecher said.

However, he said, it is hard to have total hope because the family thinks that after a year if someone had a clue, they would have come forward by now.

"We have felt a lot of support," Rolf Koecher said of family and friends.

And although the support cannot fix the problem, he said it does lift the family's spirits.

http://www.standard.net/topics/missing-person/2010/12/14/year-later-koecher-family-still-seeks-missing-son
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »

just out of curiosity, has there ever been a suspected murderer that has started a web blog
that enables the LE and world to keep tabs on his thought process
good job josh, its eating at you and for some reason, you think your smarter than LE, you will
either hang yourself or the LE will bust you soon

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »

I thought he lawyered up ages ago. I can't believe his Lawyer hasn't told him to STFU!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2011, 11:41:03 AM »

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/17/susan-cox-powell-nancy-grace-america%E2%80%99s-missing/
Susan Cox Powell: Nancy Grace America’s Missing
02/17/11

Video http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2011/02/18/exp.ng.americasmissing.powell.hln

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2011, 09:42:16 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/nancy-grace-determined-justice-13254840
Nancy Grace Determined to See Justice  03/30/11

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2011, 08:22:38 PM »

an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.