March 28, 2024, 04:08:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 463635 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2011, 11:44:48 AM »

What happened to Josh's mother or his fathers wife. I don't like the idea of those boys
living with that father, he is such a pig. I can see why Josh is so toxic, his father taught him
everything he knew. I bet that big daddy did get rid of her body, after he raped her. I do
hope those boys are taken out of that house.

IIRC

Josh's mom is Teri Powell.  I think she lives in Utah by Josh's sister, Jennifer (the one that was good friends with and stuck up for Susan).
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »

Court bans publication of Susan Powell's journal
By KOMO Staff Published: Aug 26, 2011

TACOMA, Wash. - The husband and father-in-law of missing mom Susan Cox Powell were ordered not to publish any entries from Susan's journal in a court order issued Friday.

The temporary restraining order, issued in Pierce County Superior Court, orders the husband, Josh Powell, and his father, Steven Powell, to "immediately cease" publication of entries from Susan's private journal.

It also orders the husband and father-in-law to "immediately remove" Susan's journal entries from their website, SusanPowell.org, and from any other public forum where the entries are posted. They also are prohibited from giving copies of the journal to the press.

The temporary restraining order was requested by Susan's father and mother, Chuck and Judy Cox, through their attorney, Anne M. Bremner, and was granted Friday.

<snipped>

Susan's private journal, which covers the period of her teen years, has been in the possession of Josh and Steven Powell. The two have claimed in recent interviews that the journal entries, which number about 2,000 pages, show Susan was suicidal in her younger years.

But Bremner said the journals have absolutely no bearing on the missing person case.

"Susan was a teenager with these journals. It doesn't show anything," she said. "She was a good wife and a good mother who would have never left her children."

She said Josh and Steven Powell have given copies of journal entries to the media, but they no longer can do that.

A copy was given to KOMO News, which made the decision not to publish or broadcast any material from Susan's private journals.

<snipped>

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/128492198.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: August 27, 2011, 03:13:55 PM »

The words of Susan Powell documented in emails and a notebook one year prior to her disappearance would shed more investigative light than a teenage journal.

Janet

++++++

Family, Friends Launch Online Campaign to Find Missing Utah Mom
Updated: Monday, 04 Jan 2010, 12:46 PM MST
Published : Monday, 04 Jan 2010, 2:17 AM MST

<snipped>

Friends of Powell's told the Deseret News that they have turned over to police e-mails that she sent them last year, in which she reportedly wrote that she feared her husband.

They also said Powell kept a notebook at her work desk that detailed threats allegedly made by her husband in 2008, according to the newspaper.

<snipped>

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/national/Family_Friends_Launch_Online_Campaign_to_Find_Missing_Utah_Mom_91409514

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2011, 05:12:44 PM »

All these accusations of Susan  being "unstable", and "suicidal"... why didn't her husband seek mental health counseling for her? She was the mother of his children, why not seek help?

Her father in law keeps repeating the same... why wasn't he a good father in-law and seek help for her, if she was so "unstable"?

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »

If Steve Powell does not have one shred of evidence to support his despicable allegations that there was a MUTUAL attraction between him and his daughter-in-law ... the implication is that there is an attempt to direct the focus of suspicion away from his son in Susan's disappearance by assassinating her character and ... Josh is a participant in the sick agenda.

Janet

+++++

Questions arise over relationship between Susan Powell and father-in-law
:15 p.m. MDT, August 27, 2011

SALT LAKE CITY— With police searching the Washington home of Josh and Steve Powell, new information has arisen about Steve's relationship with his missing daughter-in-law Susan Cox Powell, including songs written and performed by Steve.

Steve Powell is a musician and songwriter, who records under the pseudonym Steve Chantrey. Many of the songs on his "Light of Seattle" disk deal with forbidden love, and Steve claims at least one was written about Susan.

A CNN Headline News report claims that "You Were My First Love" is one of those songs, inspired by a photo of Susan with one of her newborn sons, Steve says.

"Your eyes were the first that I looked into filled with love in spite of what you'd been through," the lyrics say.

Claims about the relationship between Steve and his daughter-in-law Susan, who has been missing since late 2009, took a strange turn earlier this week when Steve said that he and Susan had a sexual relationship.

"It was very sexually charged. There were definitely some things that probably were inappropriate for a married woman and her father-in-law," said Steve. "I acknowledge that."

Josh has been the sole person-of-interest in the case, but he maintains his innocence, saying that Susan ran off with another man. He says she was a very sexual person.

"Susan is very flirtatous, a very sexual person, that's what that's all about," Josh said. "She likes to validate herself in that way."

<snipped>

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-susan-powell-questions-arise-over-relationship-between-susan-powell-and-fatherinlaw-20110827,0,3385086.story

_____

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #225 on: August 29, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »

Sorry for the looooong post, but enquiring minds want to know.     Time to get off here and get some shut eye.  Take good care everybody!

Thank you ISpy!! I concur!!!

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: August 29, 2011, 06:08:38 PM »

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/bluebyline/2011/08/29/police-separating-fact-from-fiction-in-powell-disappearance/
Police separating fact from fiction in Powell disappearance
Posted By Brian O'Neill on August 29, 2011 at 10:11 am

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/bluebyline/2011/08/29/police-separating-fact-from-fiction-in-powell-disappearance/#ixzz1WSSmlhd4

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Mary
Scared Monkey

« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »

Was anything ever said about the stain on the carpet that the fan was drying out. I hope
that they printed the fan. Maybe dads prints were on it.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2011, 07:55:27 AM »

http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/2011/08/31/steve-powell-admits-to-obsession-for-susan/
Steve Powell Admits to Obsession For Susan
August 31, 2011 by Kiirsi

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2011, 08:02:15 AM »

Was anything ever said about the stain on the carpet that the fan was drying out. I hope
that they printed the fan. Maybe dads prints were on it.
That would really be something,huh?
I found this older article where the carpet is mentioned.
http://www.examiner.com/family-in-seattle/susan-powell-update-carpet-cleaning-machine-found-husband-rents-car-then-disappears-more-gt-gt
 ::snipping2::
Josh Powell is the only person of interest in this case and police suspect foul play. Josh’s actions seem to speak louder than words these days – though his words have been few, according to police.

Carpet cleaning machine found: Police found a carpet cleaning machine inside the house last week when Susan first went missing and during the early stages of the investigation. While police could not comment about the reported wet spot they did confirm a carpet cleaning machine was found in the home, according to Fox 13 News http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Susan Powell Update: Carpet cleaning machine found, husband rents car then disappears, more &gt;&gt; - Seattle Family | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/family-in-seattle/susan-powell-update-carpet-cleaning-machine-found-husband-rents-car-then-disappears-more-gt-gt#ixzz1WhXKKGgG

~ Peter Frampton
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: September 01, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »

OMG! I saw Inside Edition last night and they had a news segment on Steve Powell.

They covered the same things we have covered in here, but... he sang.

I have since been looking for a word to describe his singing, but I can't come up with one. Let's say his singing was more horrible than horrible.

The songs all had the same tone, they sounded like Christmas carols, improvised Christmas carols.

Steve reminds me of those people who try out for "American Idol", and they sound horrible but they think they sound like stars... and they get mad at the judges for not recognizing "talent."

Yup, regarding Steve, there is no talent writing and no talent singing... this man lives in Lala Land... in all aspects of his life.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2011, 03:26:29 PM »

Itaryl Moosee  -  I didn't see "Inside Edition" last night because I don't watch much tv, so I checked the website.  OMGosh!!  Puke-O-Matic!  What a sick, sick man!!  

http://www.insideedition.com/news/6806/strange-twist-in-susan-powell-case-father-in-laws-love-songs.aspx
Strange Twist in Susan Powell Case: Father-in-Law's Love Songs
Air date: August 31, 2011

It may be the most bizarre twist yet in the Susan Powell mystery.  

We're now learning that the missing mom's father-in-law recorded love songs that her friends say he composed about Susan:

"Waiting for You"
"I could be getting a mistaken impression/
Each time you seem to gaze at me/
You let me touch you softly. Why? Is the question/
And the effect amazes me."

Steve Powell has already made the shocking claim on national TV that he was in love with his daughter-in-law and that she supposedly came on to him.

"I wasn't going to turn down an opportunity with this beautiful woman, even though she was my son's wife," Steve told the Today show.

Now these love songs have just been discovered on a website titled "Music of Steve Chantrey." "Steve Chantrey" is the name Steve Powell uses. He's an aspiring singer-songwriter.    

Here are the lyrics of a song titled "I said, I Love You," which Susan's friends say is all about her:

"You made my eyes pop out of their sockets/
You could empty all my pockets/
This flirtation isn't rocket science/
You came along and really knocked my socks off/
 Now you're all I think and talk of/
 So much for my former self-reliance."

INSIDE EDITION's Les Trent spoke to Rachel Marini, one of Susan's closest friends. Marini says Susan told her she rejected her father-in-law's advances and even moved from Seattle to Utah to get away from him.
(More songs and more article)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2011, 08:42:42 PM »

Wow! Thanks, Muffy. Didn't know it was on their page.

I wonder if the father's admissions are just a ploy to raise doubt, in case the case goes to court.

Like the story of the twins who each pled guilty to a robbery that only one committed. The judge couldn't figure out which one it was who did it, so each was found not guilty (cause the other could've done it.)

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #233 on: September 03, 2011, 03:04:56 PM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Wheres-Josh/RtT4myCb4ku6wwGOJJVdKw.cspx
Where's Josh?
August 31, 2011

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) – It was deju vu for Josh Powell Saturday.

At the stroke of midnight, he abruptly left his Puyallup Washington home with his two boys in tow.

“He's on a camp out,” said his father Steven Powell. “It was a spur of the moment thing.”

Steven Powell said Josh first told him about it Friday night at around eleven. An hour later he said he and his two boys got in the van and went camping.

His dad claimed he’s not surprised by Josh’s action.

"Spur of the moment, Josh is Josh,” he said. “That's the way Josh is."

But Susan Powell's father said it’s just a ploy by Josh.

“Oh I'm concerned,” said Chuck Cox. “Evidently he now feels the need to establish a pattern that he does this. That's one thing that comes to mind."

Camping at midnight is reminiscent of what happened on the night Susan Powell disappeared in 2009.

Back then, Josh Powell told authorities he went camping with the boys despite snowy conditions.
But Susan Powell's parents aren't happy with Josh's latest whim especially when it involves the children.

It's the same concern Susan's best friend shares.
“What other purpose is it unless to say 'see I did it again,'” she said. “At least there wasn't a blizzard this time."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: September 04, 2011, 09:11:38 AM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-susan-powell-cox-family-files-lawsuit-against-josh-powell-over-susans-diaries-20110903,0,203077.story
Cox family files lawsuit against Josh Powell over Susan's diaries
September 3, 2011

Chuck and Judy Cox have filed a lawsuit against Josh Powell attempting to stop his family from publishing the missing West Valley City mother's diaries. They say it's an invasion of her privacy and is being done without her consent.

Josh Powell and his father Steven have threatened to publish the diaries online, claiming it bolsters tehir case that she left their family and that she was promiscuous and suicidal.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #235 on: September 05, 2011, 05:58:29 PM »

There will be way more Suits than that before it is all said and done...WTG Mr. Cox! Josh and his Daddy are going to dig their own grave all in due time.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #236 on: September 14, 2011, 11:26:32 AM »

Police Search Utah Desert for Missing Mom
8 news now
Posted: Sep 13, 2011 7:24 PM EDT, Updated: Sep 13, 2011 8:16 PM EDT

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- West Valley City police on Tuesday searched in rugged desert terrain for signs of a Utah mother missing since 2009.

Investigators combed the central Utah desert near Topaz Mountain, with all-terrain vehicles and a specialized team of search dogs for clues in Susan Cox Powell's case, police spokesman Sgt. Mike Powell said. The area is about 135 miles southwest of where the mother of two was last seen at her home in West Valley City.

snipped

Read more: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/15455336/police-search-utah-desert-for-missing-mom

Police search near Delta for Susan Cox Powell
Updated: 9/13 9:29 pm

TOPAZ MOUNTAIN, Utah (ABC 4 News) - West Valley City Police investigators followed up on information regarding Susan Cox Powell at Topaz Mountain near Delta on Tuesday.

West Valley City Police Department investigators and other law enforcement agencies were using ground crews and cadaver dogs to search the desert for evidence in the Powell investigation.
(snipped)

The search included the use of cadaver dogs. Carbon County sheriff's department brought their team of dogs to help with the search for any sign of human remains.

"If she is dead then these dogs will be able to find her," Lt. Merritt said.

The specially trained dogs target a human scent and give signals when they do find something.

"Dogs have been known to uncover human remains that date back 100-years," said Wally Hendricks with the Carbon County sheriff's office.   ::snipping2::

Read more: http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Police-search-near-Delta-for-Susan-Cox-Powell/7ly9ymtL6keznR4kpmLn8w.cspx

Investigators searching near Topaz Mountain in Susan Powell case
W.V. police organize search in area near popular rockhounding site
Deseret News
Published: Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2011 12:52 a.m. MDT

DELTA — Investigators searched for missing West Valley mother Susan Cox Powell near Topaz Mountain in Juab County Tuesday but left with no new clues as to where she is or what happened to her.

The team of about 20 investigators planned to continue conducting a grid search of the area west of Nephi and northwest of Delta Wednesday.

"Basically the information we have received during the investigation says there is a possibility we might find something here," West Valley Police Lt. Bill Merritt said. "We are not coming out here saying that we will, but we are hoping, fairly confident there may be something of value here. We don't know for sure....snipped >> MORE

Read more: http://deseretnews.com/article/705390787/Investigators-searching-near-Topaz-Mountain-in-Susan-Powell-case.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: September 14, 2011, 12:07:06 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:04:16 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~ Peter Frampton
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #238 on: September 14, 2011, 04:54:44 PM »

TheNewsBlotter Chris
by Judy3113
RT @kslcom: WVC Police have found human remains in connection with their search for Susan Powell. Watch ksl.com for updates

http://www.ksl.com/

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17245260

About this ad
West Valley police find human remains in Powell search

DELTA — Human remains have been found during the search for evidence in the case of missing West Valley mother Susan Cox Powell.

West Valley Police Sgt. Mike Powell said investigators "are at the location of what appears to be human remains" found by cadaver dogs.

The Juab County Sheriff's Office was en route to the scene to handle the investigation. The discovery comes on the third day of searching the area near Topaz Mountain in Juab County for clues that might help them discover what happened to Powell.

Since Monday, a team of investigators from West Valley police, along with assistance from the Juab and Carbon County sheriff's offices, have been conducting an investigation in and around Topaz Mountain west of Nephi and northwest of Delta.

This is the third publicly visible search in the case in the past month. On Aug. 25, detectives from the West Valley Police Department with assistance from the Pierce County Sheriff's Office in Washington went to Puyallup, Wash., to serve a search warrant on the home of Steve and Josh Powell, Susan's father-in-law and husband.

I don't know how to link a twitter correctly, sorry
OS - Here's a link Klaas provided about linking twitter. http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9830.msg1336496#msg1336496   Muffy

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:28:57 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2011, 04:59:39 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:13:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.