March 28, 2024, 04:49:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 463551 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »

http://www.king5.com/video?id=129832168&sec=548932

This report says LE found this based on a tip.  This site is about 30 miles from where JP told LE that he'd gone camping that night.
Susan's daddy tells the reporter that LE called to tell him that the remains were found in a shallow grave.
One of the comments below the article said LE had put a GPS on his car, wonder if that's true, wonder if after the warrants recently he felt the urge to go check on her?
ya never know. 
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: September 15, 2011, 12:24:26 AM »

LE must've had a good reason to be looking at that particular area, after so long, and they searched as if they were expecting to find something there.

There was that guy who disappeared about the same time Susan did (forget the name now,) the one the Powell boys were blaming for running away with Susan. So, I wonder what they will say now, would they blame the body on this guy?

The police HAD to have something. This Ely trip after so long, and now this search.

I agree, that maybe a GPS still sounding may have given them the headways.

I doubt the Powells confided on someone about something like where he disposed of the body. IF I remember correctly, he said he went camping to Tooele during a blizzard. I'm sure he left the kids with grandpa while he did his thing and came home snow burned and with chapped hands (but not the kids.)

This mountain is in the middle of nowhere, they had to have something to go on.

Lake Erie Princess
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #262 on: September 15, 2011, 01:11:03 AM »

I want to know how Josh and Daddy Powell are reacting to this news. 

Their reaction to this news was my 1st thought after I heard they had found something.

BUSTED !! I hope.

Josh seems very unstable to me.
IF the remains are his wife's, I think he will lose it and break with the story of what happened.

Watch his strange look in old videos on the news. Strange and scared.

Why do people kill people,who kill people, to show people that to kill people is bad ?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #263 on: September 15, 2011, 08:02:22 AM »

http://www.king5.com/video?id=129832168&sec=548932

This report says LE found this based on a tip.  This site is about 30 miles from where JP told LE that he'd gone camping that night.
Susan's daddy tells the reporter that LE called to tell him that the remains were found in a shallow grave.

Seems the ground would have been frozen at the time...no? Keep in mind that shallow graves are not always 'dug' graves, but can occur from decomp, elements and the way the body settles into the earth during both. If this isn't Susan, then perhaps some other family will be bringing their loved one home.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: September 15, 2011, 08:40:18 AM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powell-mystery-father-worried-remains-daughter/story?id=14525301
Susan Powell Mystery: Father Worried Remains Are His Daughter
September 15, 2011

The father of missing Utah woman Susan Powell said that the more he learns about human remains found in a rural desert, the more worried he is that they could be his daughter.

Investigators found human remains Wednesday in the rugged area near Topaz Mountain, a popular campsite 30 miles from the campsite to where Josh Powell says he took his children Dec. 6, 2009, when his wife mysteriously disappeared.

"It does bother me that it's in the same general area, and the more I learn about the location, the more it bothers me," Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, said.

Still, Cox holds out hope that his daughter, who was 28 when she disappeared, is still alive.

"They have not identified these as her remains yet. She could still be out there, maybe alive," Cox said. Susan Powell's husband has not been charged in his wife's disappearance but remains the only person of interest. Police said that Josh Powell has been uncooperative with investigators.
 ::snipping2::
Josh Powell, 35, released a statement after the discovery of the remains that read, "With very little information available to the public, we can only hope that additional information is released quickly to minimize heartache to those of us who love Susan. In the meantime, we continue to hope for Susan's safe return."

Powell says he has never been to the area where the remains were found. The area is a popular place where people go to hunt for gems and stones.
Investigators are working to identify the gender and age of the remains.
Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: September 15, 2011, 08:49:30 AM »

What about Mrs Powell..Josh's Mom...have we ever heard anything from her?  Is she still in the picture..alive..divorced..what? 

It seems incredible to me that Josh and especially his father would so malign Susan and that his Mom would remain quiet through out this.  The things Josh's father said were unthinkable for any father-in-law to say about a missing daughter-in-law....Something is very wrong with both of these men..and Ifear for the little guys..they have got to miss their Mom very much and then to live with these two egotist..not a good picture.  Susan's parents not only need closure..they need to get custody of those boys.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2011, 08:51:49 AM »

http://www.wtnh.com/dpps/news/national/west/police-say-human-remains-found-in-search-for-utah-mom-nt11-jgr_3942491
Remains found in search for Utah mom
September 15, 2011

DELTA, Utah (AP) — Nearly two years after a mother vanished, her friends and family are waiting to learn whether her case may have seen a major break after authorities discovered human remains during their latest search for clues in the Utah desert.
t wasn't immediately known if the remains found Wednesday belonged to Susan Powell, or if they were even female. Authorities planned to resume their investigation Thursday morning.

"It's a game of patience at this point," West Valley City Sgt. Mike Powell said. "We need to slow down a little bit and identify what it is we found."
Authorities have been searching since Monday in the area near Topaz Mountain in Juab County. The site is about 135 miles southwest of the location where Susan Powell was last seen where she lived in West Valley City.
This latest search is in an area popular for gem and rock hunters. Police have said Powell's husband liked to rock hunt in the area.

"From the very beginning he clearly indicated he had been in and around the area," said Sgt. Powell, who is not related to the family of the missing woman.

Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, expressed doubt that the remains belonged to his daughter. He said that would mean whoever took her would have had to dump her body in the middle of a high desert freezing winter where the ground would have been covered in snow and frozen solid.

"We're just waiting," he said Wednesday evening.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2011, 09:06:37 AM »

It looks like Josh Powell is lying some more. According to the article I've snipped below, he says he's never been to the area where the remains were found, and in the next article, the police say he liked to rock hunt  in the area.  Hmmmm. 

And then one article notes Chuck Cox doesn't think the remains are Susan's, and in the other article, it's saying the more he learns about the area, the more he thinks it might be her.  Maybe this is because he's getting more information.  This must be so hard for the family, because they've been down this road before when remains were found and it raised the question if they had found Susan.  (Turned out to be a male). 

What I wonder is, are they differences because of reporting, or did things change?

The first thing that stuck out:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powell-mystery-father-worried-remains-daughter/story?id=14525301
"Powell says he has never been to the area where the remains were found. The area is a popular place where people go to hunt for gems and stones. "
And in another article:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpps/news/national/west/police-say-human-remains-found-in-search-for-utah-mom-nt11-jgr_3942491
"This latest search is in an area popular for gem and rock hunters. Police have said Powell's husband liked to rock hunt in the area.

"From the very beginning he clearly indicated he had been in and around the area
," said Sgt. Powell, who is not related to the family of the missing woman."

And then this stuck out:
"The father of missing Utah woman Susan Powell said that the more he learns about human remains found in a rural desert, the more worried he is that they could be his daughter.

Investigators found human remains Wednesday in the rugged area near Topaz Mountain, a popular campsite 30 miles from the campsite to where Josh Powell says he took his children Dec. 6, 2009, when his wife mysteriously disappeared.

"It does bother me that it's in the same general area, and the more I learn about the location, the more it bothers me," Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, said."

"Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, expressed doubt that the remains belonged to his daughter. He said that would mean whoever took her would have had to dump her body in the middle of a high desert freezing winter where the ground would have been covered in snow and frozen solid.

"We're just waiting," he said Wednesday evening."

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »

from facebook
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Friends-and-Family-of-Susan-Cox-Powell/158207040909324

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »

I know these remains were not found in a 'mine', but remember the supposed comment from one of the children........

"Mommy's in the mine, looking for crystals."

crystals=gems Wink

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2011, 10:09:09 AM »

I know these remains were not found in a 'mine', but remember the supposed comment from one of the children........

crystals=gems Wink

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2011, 10:09:52 AM »

Susan Powell Case: Human Remains Found in Desert
Police hope Utah desert discovery leads to break in case of missing mother.
9/15/2011

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2011, 10:15:45 AM »

I was hoping that LE would've found clothing articles that would help they determine if it were really Susan.  I can imagine her family having to wait for weeks while tests are run.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2011, 10:20:29 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

I am praying this is Susan and her family can get some closure and at least bury her with some dignity. Also praying that someone is keeping a close eye on Joshie and his sicko dad. I worry they could do something to the boys.Wish they could get them out of that house asap. God Bless and keep them safe til they can.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2011, 10:27:42 AM »

Sometimes a natural depression in the lay of the land is used as a shallow grave then covered over.  No digging required.

This husband is one of the most despisable characters I have ever run across.  Father even worse.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: September 15, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »

I was hoping that LE would've found clothing articles that would help they determine if it were really Susan.  I can imagine her family having to wait for weeks while tests are run.

I am wondering if they didn't find some articles of clothing..maybe just scraps at this point after all this time.  But I thought I read an article that said they had found articles..not just bones it said articles..and I can't find that link right now.

I sort of think they may have found something because Susan's father seems to be thinking now that it may very well be Susan.

I hope her parents can get those boys out of that house..it must be toxic living with Josh and his father.  I know they have been ordered to stay 500 yards away..but if there is an arrest I hope that makes the order null and void.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: September 15, 2011, 10:49:03 AM »

crystals=gems Wink

Police find human remains in Susan Powell search
updated 9/14/2011 8:46:11 PM ET

<snipped>

Last month investigators searched mine shaft-dotted mountains near Ely, Nev.

The latest search is in an area popular for gem and rock hunters. Police have said Josh Powell is the only person of interest in the case and liked to rock hunt.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44524330/ns/today-today_news/t/police-find-human-remains-susan-powell-search/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: September 15, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »

http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/2011/08/31/frequently-asked-question-wheres-josh-powells-mother/

snip

Frequently Asked Question: Where’s Josh Powell’s Mother?
August 31, 2011 by Kiirsi

Josh Powell’s mother, Terrica Powell, divorced Steve Powell about 18 years ago and is living with her daughter, Jennifer Graves, in Utah.  Here is a good, in-depth article from the Salt Lake Tribune giving background on the Powell family.

Teri Powell had a good relationship with and a deep love for Susan—she was like a daughter to her, and Susan’s disappearance has filled her with grief.  She has chosen to remain quiet and out of the media and we respect her privacy. 

snip

So Terri Powell divorced Steve 18 years ago ..that says a lot right there..and the man never remarried..no one else would have him..plus I think a man like that holds little respect for women.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2011, 11:17:43 AM »

My stomach is in knots over this.  If Susan is dead and this is her, I so want Justice for her.  Josh is a sniveling coward, and I feel sure he murdered her.  I want those poor little boys away from him....

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #279 on: September 15, 2011, 12:41:28 PM »

No word yet? Maybe that's a good sign...if it was a big man's bones or something they would probably be able to say right away.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.