March 28, 2024, 12:27:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 463608 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #580 on: September 29, 2011, 04:38:51 PM »

What is that thing hanging beside the rope?  It looks like a strange rubber chicken or a human pinata.

OMG, I was thinking the same thing earlier (huge rubber featherless naked chicken, lol) then decided it is a crudely made dinosaur??
The room looks like a cross between a Hoarder's place and one of those online game rooms where you have to find stuff...  

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: September 29, 2011, 04:40:22 PM »

Bunch of freakssssssss!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: September 29, 2011, 05:10:57 PM »

What is that thing hanging beside the rope?  It looks like a strange rubber chicken or a human pinata.

OMG, I was thinking the same thing earlier (huge rubber featherless naked chicken, lol) then decided it is a crudely made dinosaur??
The room looks like a cross between a Hoarder's place and one of those online game rooms where you have to find stuff...  

That thing hanging beside the rope looked like a very crudely made female figure to me. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: September 29, 2011, 05:46:02 PM »

Missing Utah mom: Amid suspicions, husband loses custody of 2 sons
September 29, 2011 | 11:45 am

The husband of a missing Utah woman has temporarily lost custody of their two young boys after authorities again voiced their suspicions that he is responsible for Susan Powell's 2009 disappearance.

Tacoma, Wash., Judge Kathryn Nelson granted temporary custody Wednesday of the boys, ages 4 and 6, to Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox. The judge said Josh Powell -- who has been living at his father's home in Washington state with his two sons -- would have visitation rights.

Susan Powell vanished in 2009. Her husband denies any wrongdoing and has not been charged, but law enforcement officers say he has been uncooperative and describe him as the only person of interest in the case.

“It leads the state to believe that he is responsible for her disappearance," prosecutor John Long told the court this week.

<snipped>

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/09/missing-utah-mom-husband-and-key-suspect-loses-custody.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: September 29, 2011, 05:51:05 PM »

My heart breaks regarding the environment that those two little boys were forced to reside since the disappearance of their mother.  What has been revealed ... that "home" was a literal house of horrors.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: September 29, 2011, 05:52:19 PM »

Thanks to all for the images, research, insights and updates.

Janet

_____

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: September 29, 2011, 06:13:24 PM »

My heart breaks regarding the environment that those two little boys were forced to reside since the disappearance of their mother.  What has been revealed ... that "home" was a literal house of horrors.

Janet

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: September 29, 2011, 07:09:11 PM »

That thing hanging beside the rope looked like a very crudely made female figure to me. 

That's what I thought too Muffy.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #588 on: September 29, 2011, 07:19:01 PM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Susan-Powell-case-is-at-a-tipping-point/UKndT35q0kSO43n678Qesw.cspx

Susan Powell case is at a "tipping point"
Updated: 7:09 pm | Published: 6:50 pm

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) – West Valley City has spent more than $500 thousand dollars on the Susan Powell case, but Mayor Mike Winder says it’s paying off. "We feel that we are getting to that tipping point where we have more hot evidence than we have had in the past two years."

Mayor Mike Winder says that includes trailers full of evidence from both the Powell residence in Washington and the most resent search of the Topaz mountain area. "We have bones, we have charred clothing, we have charred wood, with what the cadaver dogs are excited about, and that we are doing DNA analysis on."

He says that analysis could take up to three months. "Are they ancient items? Are they relatively recent? Are they related to this case? That is what we will look to find out."

::snipping2::

This was the first time we heard that the searchers have found more than "charred wood."

When the initial reports came out, they kept quiet about the "bones and charred clothing."

Whether the site was an old burial for natives, or more recent... it was indeed a grave, not a fire pit for warming up campers, or for someone in need of a crematorium for a dead pet.

He mentioned that they searched Ely and the area where Josh claimed to have gone camping because of evidence. I am wondering if they were working with Steve's maps and notes he left Sandy.

Whatever they have, he said that they have more than all of us armchair detectives know.

Just wish they would throw us a bone.

Hi Moosee..I actually thought when they first came out they said they had what they thought was a grave of sorts and had archeologist examine it to see if it was older then 1950 or something like that.  They also alluded to having other evidence..then quickly backtracked. 

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #589 on: September 29, 2011, 07:23:04 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/susan-powell-mystery-father-worried-remains-daughter/story?id=14525301
Susan Powell Mystery: Father Worried Remains Are His Daughter
September 15, 2011

The father of missing Utah woman Susan Powell said that the more he learns about human remains found in a rural desert, the more worried he is that they could be his daughter.

Investigators found human remains Wednesday in the rugged area near Topaz Mountain, a popular campsite 30 miles from the campsite to where Josh Powell says he took his children Dec. 6, 2009, when his wife mysteriously disappeared."It does bother me that it's in the same general area, and the more I learn about the location, the more it bothers me," Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, said.

Still, Cox holds out hope that his daughter, who was 28 when she disappeared, is still alive.

"They have not identified these as her remains yet. She could still be out there, maybe alive," Cox said. Susan Powell's husband has not been charged in his wife's disappearance but remains the only person of interest. Police said that Josh Powell has been uncooperative with investigators.
Josh Powell, 35, released a statement after the discovery of the remains that read, "With very little information available to the public, we can only hope that additional information is released quickly to minimize heartache to those of us who love Susan. In the meantime, we continue to hope for Susan's safe return."

Powell says he has never been to the area where the remains were found. The area is a popular place where people go to hunt for gems and stones.
Investigators are working to identify the gender and age of the remains.
Video at Link

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: September 29, 2011, 07:38:13 PM »

but then they redacted and said no remains found......no??
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:39:56 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: September 29, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »

but then they redacted and said no remains found......no??

THE REMAINS?

The Original Story

Police give 50-50 chance remains are Susan Powell's
By Shara Park and Randall Jeppesen
September 15th, 2011 @ 5:12pm

DELTA — Investigators who discovered human remains near Topaz Mountain now say there's a 50-50 chance they have discovered the final resting place of missing West Valley mother Susan Cox Powell.

The remains appear to be "fairly recent," an anthropologist with the Fillmore office of the Bureau of Land Management said Thursday. That could mean the remains have been in the Juab County desert anywhere from a few weeks to over a decade.

"This is not going to be an ancient burial site. It's not going to be a cowboy from the West," said West Valley Police Lt. Bill Merritt.

The remains were found in a pile of dirt that was obviously a disturbed shallow gravesite, said West Valley Police Chief Buzz Nielsen.

They also do not yet know whether the body was male or female, but Merritt said there was a 50-50 chance it was Powell.

"It's something that's going to be interesting," he said.

<snipped>

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=1070&sid=17254003

The Changing Story

September 16, 2011 10:10 AM
Police in Susan Powell missing case say "50/50" chance remains could be found

(CBS/KIRO/AP) JUAB COUNTY, Utah - A search in the Utah desert for missing woman Susan Powell took a strange turn Thursday when the site that authorities said contained human remains turned up no body parts, but a police lieutenant said he thought there was a "50/50" chance Powell's remains could be found there.

Cadaver dogs discovered the location this week amid a renewed search for Powell and investigators declared that they had found human remains.

But CBS affiliate KIRO reported that about 2 feet of dirt had been excavated and no bones were found. Police did not say why they earlier stated that they had found human remains when they had not even seen any.

"Right now, we haven't found anything except for these scents that these dogs are picking up," West Valley City Police Lt. Bill Merritt told KIRO-TV. "We have not come across bones."

Because the site is on government land, a federal anthropologist was brought in to examine the site Thursday to see if it was part of an ancient burial ground. Investigators then began sifting through what was described as a shallow grave as they searched for clues but had so far found nothing.

Investigators previously said that a federal anthropologist had determined the remains found in a remote area of central Utah were not ancient, but instead were much more recent.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20107241-504083.html

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #592 on: September 29, 2011, 08:03:14 PM »

Bunch of freakssssssss!

There's no telling what those little boys have seen and/or been taught by this point.  I hope and pray they are out of that house for good. 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #593 on: September 29, 2011, 09:01:54 PM »

That was my first thought also.  I asked my hubs and he thought a rubber suit for a doll. Either way it looks humanoid to me. Sick.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #594 on: September 29, 2011, 09:06:50 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=17458098

Therapist says Powell sons will need help coping with changes

Well, being with the grandparents they'll finally receive some counseling and support.  I don't believe their father bothered with any type of counseling or therapy.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #595 on: September 29, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-wvc-police-chief-says-susan-powell-search-nearing-resolution-20110929,0,4362818.story

WVC Police chief says Susan Powell search nearing resolution

West Valley City Police Chief Buzz Nielsen talked with FOX 13 news about the Susan Cox Powell investigation and says he believes they are nearing a resolution in the case.

"We're right at the point now where, I'm just really optimistic. Things are going to move, we just have other things that are popping and going and moving,” said Nielsen.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: September 29, 2011, 09:18:50 PM »

That was my first thought also.  I asked my hubs and he thought a rubber suit for a doll. Either way it looks humanoid to me. Sick.

I wonder if it's paper mache'? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: September 29, 2011, 11:51:58 PM »

http://**/sltrib/news/52657756-78/powell-josh-steve-noose.html.csp

Image emerges of noose cited in Susan Powell kids custody case
By brooke adams
The Salt Lake Tribune
First published 40 minutes ago
Updated 39 minutes ago

The short clip begins in a darkened hallway at the top of a staircase and then enters what appears to be a lighted storage room. The camera focuses on a wood frame leaning against a shelf packed with books and other items. A noose-like rope dangles over the frame; next to it hangs what appears to be a papier-mâché figure.

Long told Superior Court Judge Kathryn J. Nelson discovery of the "hangman’s noose" added to the state’s concerns about the "environment" at the Puyallup, Wash., home the children shared with Josh Powell, husband of the missing woman, and other relatives.

Josh Powell told the judge Wednesday the rope was a makeshift handle for a piece of exercise equipment.

"And now it’s part of an art display," said Boudreau, who attributed the new description to the Powell family.

Neither Josh Powell nor his siblings, John and Alina, who also live in home, speak or are seen in the brief clip.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #598 on: September 30, 2011, 12:30:58 AM »

It looks like it has white cloth wings and little hands with fingers.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: September 30, 2011, 06:11:15 AM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-wvc-police-chief-says-susan-powell-search-nearing-resolution-20110929,0,4362818.story
WVC Police chief says Susan Powell search nearing resolution
Aaron Vaughn, Web Producer FOX 13 News
11:01 p.m. MDT, September 29, 2011
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah—

Video at link.
West Valley City Police Chief Buzz Nielsen talked with FOX 13 news about the Susan Cox Powell investigation and says he believes they are nearing a resolution in the case.

"We're right at the point now where, I'm just really optimistic. Things are going to move, we just have other things that are popping and going and moving,” said Nielsen.

Nielson says since the start of the investigation in December of 2009, Susan’s husband Josh Powell has essentially impeded the investigation.

"From that point on he has not helped us, talked to us, responded or anything," says the chief.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.