March 28, 2024, 09:00:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 463575 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: February 05, 2012, 06:02:38 PM »

No accident, IMO, it was a murder suicide.  I'm sick.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #741 on: February 05, 2012, 06:06:23 PM »

Me too, he locked the caseworker out of the house. This is a prime example of why I considered the unimaginable, leaving the country if my ex had supervised visitation.....men when they feel they have been wronged or rejected by a woman sometimes loose it and take it out on everyone, we see it over and over, why don't they just kill themselves instead? It's the most sickening story I have heard in a long time, I literally wanted to vomit when I read the news.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: February 05, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »

http://www.fox13now.com/kstu-powell-explosion-rescue-operation-at-steven-powell-home-in-puyallup-20120205,0,3207152.story

Josh Powell, two sons killed in "intentional" explosion of Powell's Washington home

Brittany Green-Miner, Web Content Producer Fox 13

3:56 p.m. MST, February 5, 2012
GRAHAM, Wash.—

Washington police say Josh Powell and his two young sons have been killed in an explosion at the Powells' Graham, Wash., home.

The Pierce County Sheriff's Office confirmed to FOX 13 that Josh Powell and his two sons were killed in a planned, intentional explosion Sunday afternoon at the Graham home of Steven Powell.

CNN reports that a case worker had just dropped off Powell's sons at the home for a supervised visit at around 12:45 p.m. Washington time.

As the children got close to the door, Powell somehow got them inside but prevented the case worker from getting in as well, Graham, Washington, Fire and Rescue Deputy Chief Gary Franz told CNN.

The case worker reported smelling something similar to gas, said Franz. A short time later, the house exploded.

::snipping2::
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: February 05, 2012, 06:11:50 PM »

I feel so bad for the Cox family.  They tried everything in their power to protect those children. 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #744 on: February 05, 2012, 06:11:55 PM »

IM - thank you for bringing this here.  I was shocied and horrified when Frederica Whitfield
broke this and didn't know how to bring this tragic news here.

Children have been failed again.

I believe Powell will be found in the home when it is safe enough for authorites to enter.
So much tragedy, it's enough to make you toss your computer away and stop watching the news..I do think his body has been found, but he left this world IMO way to easy. Thank you for telling me about Frederica, I didn't know that either:(

Way too easy, the sick POS! 

It's time for children's rights to trump the rights of those in question!
He should not have been allowed any visits with the children after the the judge requested evaluation.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #745 on: February 05, 2012, 06:14:12 PM »

I feel so bad for the Cox family.  They tried everything in their power to protect those children. 

I agree, that was my first thought ....I put myself in their place and think how could I go on? I'm not sure I could to be honest, and who on earth could imagine something so horrific

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: February 05, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »

It's too sad for words. 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #747 on: February 05, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »

I agree, that was my first thought ....I put myself in their place and think how could I go on? I'm not sure I could to be honest, and who on earth could imagine something so horrific

My thoughts exactly!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #748 on: February 05, 2012, 06:17:35 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/explosion-at-wash-home-kills-josh-powell-husband-of-missing-utah-woman-2-young-sons/2012/02/05/gIQAqvEMsQ_story.html

Explosion at Wash. home kills Josh Powell, husband of missing Utah woman, 2 young son

GRAHAM, Wash. — A lawyer for Josh Powell says he received a three-word email from his client just minutes before Powell and his two boys died in a house explosion. It said, “I’m sorry, goodbye.”

Attorney Jeffrey Bassett tells The Associated Press the email arrived at 12:05 p.m. Sunday, but he didn’t see it until two hours later, when others informed him of the blast. He says he knew Josh was upset after being ordered to undergo a psycho-sexual evaluation recently, but he didn’t see this coming.

Steve Downing, a lawyer for the boys’ maternal grandparents, says they are beyond devastated. They always feared Josh would do something like this.

OMG- it just gets worse and worse with every article I read....

[
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: February 05, 2012, 06:17:40 PM »

Josh Powell, you dirty scumbag POS, eternity is not long enough for you to burn in hell.

Steve Powell, I hope you end up with your son SOON.

Sweet little boys, I am sure you are now reunited with your mother and she is holding you close.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: February 05, 2012, 06:24:15 PM »

Just horrible news!   I am devastated for Susan's family.  God bless them.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #751 on: February 05, 2012, 06:24:47 PM »

I feels so bad for the Cox family. Rest in Peace Angels and may the man that called himself your father ROT IN HELL.  Like everyone else I am sick to hear the news.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: February 05, 2012, 06:34:47 PM »

Me too, he locked the caseworker out of the house. This is a prime example of why I considered the unimaginable, leaving the country if my ex had supervised visitation.....men when they feel they have been wronged or rejected by a woman sometimes loose it and take it out on everyone, we see it over and over, why don't they just kill themselves instead? It's the most sickening story I have heard in a long time, I literally wanted to vomit when I read the news.

This is exactly why I would never let CPS act as supervisors for my gd's vistation with her bio-dad.  There is absolutely no protection for the children. 

This is so sad.   I can not imagine the pain that Susan's parents must be going through.  First their daughter and now their to grandsons.  I can only hope they find some way to turn this tragedy into something positive.   an angelic monkey

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: February 05, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »

I just heard this. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #754 on: February 05, 2012, 07:21:16 PM »

I just read this and my heart broke. What a selfish self centered pos josh is. The poor Grandparents. I just can not even begin to imagine their pain! I will say an extra prayer for them and that Josh is rotting in HE!! as we speak!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
TnMuse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #755 on: February 05, 2012, 07:27:10 PM »

It's too sad for words. 

It sure is, and I know the hurt we feel is only a speck compared to what the Cox Family is going through.

Here is more info, he probably explained how it was anybody's fault but Josh's. http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Authorities-Powell-intentionally-blew-up-house-3050798.php
snip...
Sgt. Ed Troyer, Pierce County sheriff's spokesman, said emails Powell sent authorities seemed to confirm the Powell planned the deadly blast. Troyer didn't elaborate on the contents of the emails.
TnMuse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #756 on: February 05, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »

It could be just the same email that he sent to his lawyer.

http://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&ar=1328486591
Troyer said the sheriff's department has copies of an e-mail that reportedly says, "I am sorry, goodbye," and that was sent to Jeffrey Bassett, a Washington lawyer who has been representing Powell, purportedly from Powell shortly before the explosion.

TnMuse
Scared Monkey

« Reply #757 on: February 05, 2012, 07:37:10 PM »

It could be just the same email that he sent to his lawyer.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/02/05/us/washington-powell-explosion/
Troyer said the sheriff's department has copies of an e-mail that reportedly says, "I am sorry, goodbye," and that was sent to Jeffrey Bassett, a Washington lawyer who has been representing Powell, purportedly from Powell shortly before the explosion.
Sorry URL was wrong.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #758 on: February 05, 2012, 07:51:11 PM »

OMG, I just saw the news.

My heart breaks for the Cox family, they tried so hard to keep them safe and now those precious boys and their only link to Susan is gone.  Sad beyond words...  Prayers of comfort for them.

That selfish murdering COWARD!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #759 on: February 05, 2012, 07:51:27 PM »

I just listened to the video with Kirk Graves, Chuck heard about it and went to the house to see if it was true, again....I can't imagine the pain, anguish he and his family are going thru, also the comment from Hill wrt "if we had known he was suicidal" pizzed me off, hello you moron-the Cox' said they feared this all along, and he finally did it today, surely anyone knowing they had to undergo the evaluation he was looking at , and obviously the prime suspect is an extremeley volatile person that would stop at NOTHING to cause greater pain. 
I sure hope Steve and Michael Powell are happy with their actions , hope nothing bad happens to them (ok, that was a lie.....I just can't post what I wish happens to them)

http://**/sltrib/sports/53450136-78/powell-josh-police-washington.html.csp

Bassett said he knew Josh was upset after a judge last week ordered that Powell’s sons, Charlie, 7 and Braden, 5, remain in the custody of their grandparents, Chuck and Judy Cox. The judge also ordered Josh to undergo a psycho-sexual evaluation.

Hill said her office had no idea that Powell had anything like this planned.

"We would have gone back to court had we any indication that Josh Powell was suicidal," Hill said.

She called the situation tragic.

"It’s a terrible tragedy that these poor children especially had to suffer and die because of the actions of their father," Hill said.

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.