April 16, 2024, 05:35:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 464934 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #860 on: February 06, 2012, 12:28:38 PM »

Josh Powell Was Calm, Relaxed, Optimistic Before Bombing

http://abcnews.go.com/US/josh-powell-optomistic-happy-children-grandparents/story?id=15520394
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #861 on: February 06, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »

Utah police vow to continue probe into Susan Powell's disappearance

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2012/02/josh-powell-susan-fire-utah-police-investigation.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: February 06, 2012, 12:39:21 PM »

::snipping2::

Investigators tried to fill in holes Monday in the case with an arson investigation at the home and autopsies on Josh Powell and his sons, said Troyer. Local detectives also are meeting with police from West Valley City, Utah, who have been looking for Susan Powell.

A candle light vigil was held Sunday night for the boys outside the 7-year-old's school in Puyallup.

"Who could kill their kids and do this? He's the only one who can answer that and he's gone," Troyer said of Josh Powell.

The investigation will include a closer looks at Josh Powell's last movements and messages.

"We're going to be (executing) search warrants today, we're going to be trying to find out if he sent anything else out," Troyer said.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Search-for-answers-continues-after-fire-kills-Susan-Powell-family-138778774.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: February 06, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »

Community seeks comfort, answers in Powell sons' deaths .

The News Tribune reports a candlelight vigil for Susan, Charles and Braden will be held at 5:30 p.m. at McKinley Park, 907 Upper Park Way. The event is scheduled to last an hour.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Community-seeks-comfort-answers--138787849.html
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #864 on: February 06, 2012, 12:44:04 PM »

Heard this on the news last night, and my jaw hit the floor.  Remembering back to the day Josh left Utah, the smug smile on his face, many of us then were thinking of how unfair it all was to those kids.  Yes, yes, I know that LE didn't have "proof" on Josh at that time, which is why they said they couldn't make him stay in Utah.  Was thinking at the time, until they could say with no doubt that he was not involved, IMO, they should have told him he couldn't leave the state.. yet. 

And reading in the news now that some are wondering if the state of Washington is to blame?  Well.. certainly for 'contracting out' to (qualified???) proxy "caseworkers" .. the care of precious children who 'should have' been in protective custody as possible witnesses to what happened to their mama.  When is the gov't gonna wake the hell up and realize that they ought not be contracting out the care and supervision of our precious children???   

Not to mention how easy it is now for Child Protective Services (when the sh!t hits the fan) to simply say, "oh... we contracted that case out, not our fault!  move along now, nothing here to see"   

The first thing I thought of when I heard the news on TV last night, was that now we'll never know where Susan's body is.  What a POS coward Josh is!  May he burn in hell. 

The boys are in heaven now with their mama Susan, they are safe from Josh forevermore.  And the world is safe from him as well. 

I'd like to see come from this, a bill/law with the boys names on it, stopping the contracting out by Child Protective Services, as well as stopping the 'supervised visits' (and visits of any kind) with someone who is even remotely suspicious of any type of crime, but especially of the murder of the other parent of the child/ren. 

My condolences to Susan's family and friends. 

Susan, you are loved.  Your boys are loved.  And we will never forget the love you have given. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #865 on: February 06, 2012, 12:48:20 PM »

Community seeks comfort, answers in Powell sons' deaths .

The News Tribune reports a candlelight vigil for Susan, Charles and Braden will be held at 5:30 p.m. at McKinley Park, 907 Upper Park Way. The event is scheduled to last an hour.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Community-seeks-comfort-answers--138787849.html

Thanks Northern Rose! 

Wish I lived close enough to go.  I will light candles for them, here in Nebraska.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: February 06, 2012, 12:53:44 PM »

Denise Cox, Susan Powell’s sister, had been at the home of their parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, all day Sunday, but came to the vigil. She said family members were in shock.

Attorney Anne Bremner, who is representing the Cox family, said they have asked for time to grieve before speaking to the media.

Bremner learned about the deaths from a reporter in Salt Lake City. She then called Chuck Cox, who drove to Powell’s house.   

“It’s horrific,” Bremner said. “They’ve lost everything. They’ve lost their daughter. They’ve lost their grandkids.”

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/05/2014229/police-josh-powell-set-fire-that.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: February 06, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »

You are safe in your Mommy's loving arms now   an angelic monkey

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #868 on: February 06, 2012, 12:58:52 PM »

Denise Cox, Susan Powell’s sister, had been at the home of their parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, all day Sunday, but came to the vigil. She said family members were in shock.

Attorney Anne Bremner, who is representing the Cox family, said they have asked for time to grieve before speaking to the media.

Bremner learned about the deaths from a reporter in Salt Lake City. She then called Chuck Cox, who drove to Powell’s house.   

“It’s horrific,” Bremner said. “They’ve lost everything. They’ve lost their daughter. They’ve lost their grandkids.”

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/05/2014229/police-josh-powell-set-fire-that.html

These are the real victims now. Not only will they probably never know what happened to Susan they have lost their last connection to her in the boys. I feel NO pity, sympathy or empathy for the POS's family. They are evil and got what they raised.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #869 on: February 06, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »

My heart just breaks for Susan's family and for Josh's sister that supported the Coxes (can't think of her name).  She did the right thing and was attacked by her own father and siblings.  I do hope that LE goes after Steven, Michael, and the sister that lived with Josh for so long.  They know what he did.  They probably even covered up evidence.  Go after Josh's mother.  There was a point where she was talking with LE and seemed to be willing to help.  Get her away from Michael and I'd bet she spills her guts.  Play hard ball with them all.  No sympathy.

I'd been willing to bet that Steven now uses Josh as a scape goat for all those photos.  Who wants to bet he says Josh did it all and set him up?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: February 06, 2012, 01:17:39 PM »

My heart just breaks for Susan's family and for Josh's sister that supported the Coxes (can't think of her name).  She did the right thing and was attacked by her own father and siblings.  I do hope that LE goes after Steven, Michael, and the sister that lived with Josh for so long.  They know what he did.  They probably even covered up evidence.  Go after Josh's mother.  There was a point where she was talking with LE and seemed to be willing to help.  Get her away from Michael and I'd bet she spills her guts.  Play hard ball with them all.  No sympathy.

I'd been willing to bet that Steven now uses Josh as a scape goat for all those photos.  Who wants to bet he says Josh did it all and set him up?

BBM

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: February 06, 2012, 01:39:49 PM »

Powell tragedy latest

http://www.q13fox.com/videogallery/67885631/News/Powell-tragedy-latest
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: February 06, 2012, 01:47:05 PM »

"It's not a shock that he's capable of doing that, but the fact he actually did it shocks us," Denise Cox said. "That was the shocker."

Cox said the boys on Sunday did not want to go to their father's house, which he reportedly was renting, because they wanted to stay and play with their cousins instead.

When asked Sunday whether she feared the answer of what happened to her sister died with her brother-in-law, Denise Cox admitted she was "totally terrified of it."

Her belief is that Steven Powell, Josh's father, has some information about what happened to Susan. Her hope is that he'll share that information now that his son and the grandsons are gone.

"I'm hoping he tells us where she's at," Cox said. "I think he's our last hope."

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=960&sid=19135705
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: February 06, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »

The boys’ aunt, Denise Cox, on Monday lamented the loss of her nephews at the hands of their father.

She remembers Charlie loving to do arts and crafts and bugs, and Braden enjoyed "playing rough and being wild." Both were big fans of the Disney movie "Cars."

She described the hours following the fire, which occurred at 1:30 p.m. Utah time, as a "blur" at the home of her parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, who have had custody of the boys since Sept. 27.

"We are all still in shock. It has been a sad and long day. A lot of tears and sadness," she said in a message at about 2:30 a.m. "We still don’t know where to go from here. It’s going to take a lot to get through this."

She said she plans to set up a fish tank in the boys’ honor as they both "really wanted one." She said she is struggling to explain to her children what happened.

"I don’t even know how I am going to deal with that, but my parents want to thank everyone for their prayers," she said.

A candlelight vigil for Susan Cox Powell and her children, hosted by the Eastside Neighborhood Advisory Council of Tacoma, will take place Monday at 5:30 p.m. at McKinley Park, 907 Upper Park Way.

On Monday morning, the Utah State House of Representatives held a moment of silence in honor of the Powell boys.

Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff expressed his horror at the crime.

"I’ve witnessed a lot of evil in my 12 years as AG, but Josh Powell murdering his two little boys is the most fiendish," he sent out on a Twitter message.

http://**/sltrib/news/53454834-78/powell-josh-susan-fire.html.csp
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: February 06, 2012, 01:54:09 PM »

Public points finger of blame at system, Josh Powell for deaths

http://www.king5.com/news/local/powell-deaths-who-is-to-blame-138792919.html
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: February 06, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kcpq-jailed-father-of-josh-powell-placed-on-suicide-watch-20120205,0,5539238.story

IMO someone needs to put a vise on his nuts and tighten it until he talks.  This bastard knows what happened to Susan. 

Family mourns, investigation continues following Powell deaths
February 6th, 2012 @ 10:09am

<snipped>   

When asked Sunday whether she feared the answer of what happened to her sister died with her brother-in-law, Denise Cox admitted she was "totally terrified of it."

Her belief is that Steven Powell, Josh's father, has some information about what happened to Susan. Her hope is that he'll share that information now that his son and the grandsons are gone.

"I'm hoping he tells us where she's at," Cox said. "I think he's our last hope."

<snipped>

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=960&sid=19135705

Credit: Northern Rose

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: February 06, 2012, 02:21:13 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/josh-powell-murder-suicide-explosion-boys-remembered-mom-trunk-car-lawyer-article-1.1017922
Josh Powell murder-suicide explosion: Boys remembered mom ‘in the trunk’ of the car, lawyer says 
By Philip Caulfield / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
February 6, 2012

Ted S. Warren/AP
Josh Powell killed himself and his two sons by blowing up his home in Washington on Sunday.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: February 06, 2012, 03:01:54 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57372054/lawyer-powell-boy-spoke-of-mommy-in-the-trunk/
Lawyer: Powell boy spoke of mommy "in the trunk"
February 6, 2012

Mark and Pam Figliola place flowers and a card at a candle-light memorial for the two sons of Josh Powell and Susan Cox, Sunday, Feb. 5, 2012, at Carson Elementary School in Puyallup, Wash., where the older of the boys attended school. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #878 on: February 06, 2012, 03:09:11 PM »

This has probably already been mentioned, but 'trunk of a car'? The rental car? I thought early on they had a minivan? Or perhaps she was in a 'trunk' in the minivan?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #879 on: February 06, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »

My heart just breaks for Susan's family and for Josh's sister that supported the Coxes (can't think of her name).  She did the right thing and was attacked by her own father and siblings.  I do hope that LE goes after Steven, Michael, and the sister that lived with Josh for so long.  They know what he did.  They probably even covered up evidence. Go after Josh's mother.  There was a point where she was talking with LE and seemed to be willing to help.  Get her away from Michael and I'd bet she spills her guts.  Play hard ball with them all.  No sympathy.

I'd been willing to bet that Steven now uses Josh as a scape goat for all those photos.  Who wants to bet he says Josh did it all and set him up?

BBM

I don't care what he says about Josh, unless it has to do with what he did to Susan and where her remains are. No one will ever make me believe that his Dad doesn't know.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.