March 28, 2024, 02:28:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 463537 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: February 06, 2012, 03:25:13 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: February 06, 2012, 03:26:24 PM »

Those poor angels never stood a chance!

I am unable to speak 
It is horrible. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: February 06, 2012, 03:31:52 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20567726,00.html
Susan Powell's Dad: Our Worst Fears Came True
By Howard Breuer
Monday February 06, 2012 03:00 PM EST

Chuck Cox says that the family told anybody who would listen: It was only a matter of time before his son-in-law Josh Powell killed himself and his two boys.
 ::snipping2::

"We stated our fear many times, that if he was feeling desperate, that he would possibly kill himself and the boys, that this kind of thing could happen," Susan's father Chuck tells PEOPLE. "If he felt there was no way out, that he wouldn't let anyone else have them. They were possessions to him."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #883 on: February 06, 2012, 03:37:59 PM »

My heart just breaks for Susan's family and for Josh's sister that supported the Coxes (can't think of her name).  She did the right thing and was attacked by her own father and siblings.  I do hope that LE goes after Steven, Michael, and the sister that lived with Josh for so long.  They know what he did.  They probably even covered up evidence. Go after Josh's mother.  There was a point where she was talking with LE and seemed to be willing to help.  Get her away from Michael and I'd bet she spills her guts.  Play hard ball with them all.  No sympathy.

I'd been willing to bet that Steven now uses Josh as a scape goat for all those photos.  Who wants to bet he says Josh did it all and set him up?

BBM

I don't care what he says about Josh, unless it has to do with what he did to Susan and where her remains are. No one will ever make me believe that his Dad doesn't know.

ITA!   
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #884 on: February 06, 2012, 03:58:27 PM »

By Howard Breuer

Chuck Cox says that the family told anybody who would listen: It was only a matter of time before his son-in-law Josh Powell killed himself and his two boys.

"We stated our fear many times, that if he was feeling desperate, that he would possibly kill himself and the boys, that this kind of thing could happen," Susan's father Chuck tells PEOPLE. "If he felt there was no way out, that he wouldn't let anyone else have them. They were possessions to him."

IF NG shows that clip of the monster whimpering for the camera after he made Susan disappear, I will retch up my toenails. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: February 06, 2012, 04:26:31 PM »

By Howard Breuer

The system failed--big time!      

Praying for the boys, Susan, and the Cox family.   an angelic monkey
CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #886 on: February 06, 2012, 04:41:13 PM »

Washington State is all messed up when it comes to Social Services. There can be 50 calls to Child Protective Services about druggies abusing children and nothing is done. You let someone call them on someone (just 1 time) who works and doesn't do drugs and they go in and take the children without even an investigation.  They are also exempt for being sued civilly or any other way. This just goes on and on in Washington State.

The death of the Powell boys could have been prevented but the State once again turned their blind eyes away.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: February 06, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »

Washington State is all messed up when it comes to Social Services. There can be 50 calls to Child Protective Services about druggies abusing children and nothing is done. You let someone call them on someone (just 1 time) who works and doesn't do drugs and they go in and take the children without even an investigation.  They are also exempt for being sued civilly or any other way. This just goes on and on in Washington State.

The death of the Powell boys could have been prevented but the State once again turned their blind eyes away.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: February 06, 2012, 04:45:32 PM »

http://**/sltrib/news/53450298-78/powell-josh-sons-susan.html.csp
Josh Powell’s lasting identity: murderer
By Sheena mCFarland
The Salt Lake Tribune
First published Feb 05 2012 09:10PM
Updated 4 minutes ago

Husband. Antisocial. Father. Awkward. Person of Interest. Erratic. Loving. Controlling. Abusive.

All are words that have been used to describe Josh Powell, 36, but there is only one that will forever be associated with his name.

Murderer.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: February 06, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow

Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

"There were enough signs this man was a criminal," Chuck Cox says of #JoshPowell. @fox13now #findsusan
7m Ben Winslow Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

"We know the children are with their mother... and they're safe," Chuck Cox says. @fox13now #findsusan #JoshPowell
10m Ben Winslow Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

"We loved them," Chuck Cox says. @fox13now #findsusan
12m Ben Winslow Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

"They were his property and he wanted them back," Chuck Cox says. @fox13now #findsusan #JoshPowell
13m Ben Winslow Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

"The act that he did was cowardly," Chuck Cox says. @fox13now #findsusan #JoshPowell
16m Ben Winslow Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

Chuck and Judy Cox addressing the media. @fox13now #findsusan twitpic.com/8gmg9d

Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

"There were enough signs this man was a criminal," Chuck Cox says of #JoshPowell. @fox13now #findsusan
7m Ben Winslow Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

"We know the children are with their mother... and they're safe," Chuck Cox says. @fox13now #findsusan #JoshPowell
10m Ben Winslow Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

"We loved them," Chuck Cox says. @fox13now #findsusan
12m Ben Winslow Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

"They were his property and he wanted them back," Chuck Cox says. @fox13now #findsusan #JoshPowell
13m Ben Winslow Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

"The act that he did was cowardly," Chuck Cox says. @fox13now #findsusan #JoshPowell
16m Ben Winslow Ben Winslow @BenWinslow

Chuck and Judy Cox addressing the media. @fox13now #findsusan twitpic.com/8gmg9d

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: February 06, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »

Chuck Cox talks about his late grandsons Braden and Charlie Powell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5dOa-8fRlw&feature=player_embedded
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: February 06, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »

Josh Powell’s sister: ‘It was just the ultimate act of selfishness’

Jennifer Graves said she has spoken with her mother, who isn’t coping well. Graves said Terrica Powell’s sister, who lives in Washington, has been tending to the other adult Powell siblings — Alina, Michael and John — as the family tries to move forward with potential funeral arrangements.

Graves said relatives told her Josh Powell sent his siblings a text message shortly before the fire, but added she didn’t know whether the message contained more than the "I’m sorry. Goodbye." Josh Powell also sent messages his attorney and cousins.

She said she sent her own children to the homes of friends on Monday, hoping they would find some normalcy as the controversy and emotions over their cousins deaths continues to circulate in the community.

http://**/sltrib/news/53456478-78/powell-graves-josh-terrica.html.csp
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: February 06, 2012, 05:05:25 PM »

Josh Powell sent multiple emails before explosion

Pierce County Sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer tells 97.3 KIRO FM's Ross and Burbank Show that authorities are working to recover three or four emails Josh Powell sent before setting fire to this home.

"We believe he sent some to other relatives," said Troyer.

One email sent by Powell was already made public after his attorney turned it over to police.

"I'm sorry, goodbye," read the email Powell sent to attorney Jeffrey Bassett.

"It was basically just a goodbye," said Bassett, who reported the email to authorities as soon as he found it in his inbox about two hours after the explosion.

Troyer said they hope to learn more from other emails sent to Powell's family members.

"Some of them are a little bit longer and more detailed," said Troyer, adding that none so far offer any explanation. "They're not going to be anything that explains why this happened, not so far."

http://mynorthwest.com/75/623100/Josh-Powell-sent-multiple-emails-before-explosion
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: February 06, 2012, 05:23:49 PM »

FYI - I've moved this forum up to the Missing Persons High Profile area right under the Jennifer Kesse forum.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #894 on: February 06, 2012, 05:24:32 PM »

On Sunday, the lawyer for Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, told the Associated Press the children had started talking to their grandparents about things they remembered from the night in 2009 when their mother vanished.

"They were beginning to verbalize more," said attorney Steve Downing, whose clients had custody of the children. "The oldest boy talked about that they went camping and that Mommy was in the trunk. Mom and Dad got out of the car and Mom disappeared."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57372087-504083/mommy-was-in-the-trunk-lawyer-says-one-of-susan-powells-sons-gave-damning-details-of-what-happened-to-her/
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #895 on: February 06, 2012, 05:32:08 PM »

Chuck Cox talks about his late grandsons Braden and Charlie Powell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5dOa-8fRlw&feature=player_embedded

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: February 06, 2012, 06:05:37 PM »

May have already been posted:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2012/02/josh-powell-susan-trunk-children-explosion.html

Susan Powell's son drew picture of his mother in trunk of car

February 6, 2012 |  2:36 pm

The oldest son of missing Utah mother Susan Powell drew a picture for a school assignment that depicted his mother in the trunk of the family vehicle, a lawyer for Powell's family said Monday.

The comments come a day after Powell's two sons died in an explosive house fire in Washington state believed to have been set by their father, Josh Powell, who was also killed in the blaze.

"Charlie drew a picture at school. You were supposed to draw a picture of something you had done during the summer. And he drew a picture of the family's vehicle, with Dad driving the car, he and Braden in the back seat, and Mom was in the trunk," Tacoma attorney Steve Downing told the Los Angeles Times.

Expanding on statements he made Sunday about the children's increasing recollections, Downing said Charlie, 7, and his brother Braden, 5, were starting to talk more about the disappearance of their mother in December 2009.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: February 06, 2012, 06:20:07 PM »

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012/02/06/police-say-powell-planned-deadly-fire-some-time

Police say Powell planned deadly fire for some time
By Gene Johnson, Mike Baker
The Associated Press staff
Mon, 02/06/2012 - 3:44pm

GRAHAM, Wash. — Authorities say Josh Powell planned the deadly house fire that killed him and his young sons for some time, dropping toys at charities and sending final emails to multiple acquaintances.

Authorities say they found 10 gallons of gasoline inside the home. A five-gallon can was spread throughout the house and used as an accelerant in the huge blaze. Another can was found by the bodies.

They say Josh Powell did send longer emails to some people, including his cousin and pastor, with instructions such as where to find his money and how to shut off his utilities.

But none of the emails said anything about what happened to his wife.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #898 on: February 06, 2012, 06:30:38 PM »

TY MB for the article,on josh mom

this news has weighed on me all day,i feel so heavy,the minds of murderers,and sex offenders
never ceases to amaze me,i could live forever and never understand,all of it is just so dam
senseless,and cowardly

josh i believe the torment and evil you practiced while living,will be your way of living in
your death,enjoy, it is well deserved

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: February 06, 2012, 06:42:40 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.