March 28, 2024, 12:59:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell #2 8/17/10 - 2/07/12  (Read 463609 times)
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #920 on: February 06, 2012, 10:25:52 PM »

I am watching the Nancy Grace rerun.
Words are so inadequate.......
I am still not fully comprehending that someone really did this...

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #921 on: February 06, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2097449/Susan-Powell-Josh-Powell-sold-childrens-toys-prepared-blow-house-Chilling-details-crazed-husband-missing-Utah-woman-planned-kill-sons-inferno.html

He gave his children's toys away and prepared to blow up the house: Chilling details of how crazed husband of missing Utah woman planned to kill himself and sons in deadly inferno
By Meghan Keneally and Beth Stebner
Last updated at 12:39 AM on 7th February 2012

It was revealed today that Josh Powell, a crazed father who killed himself and his two young sons by blowing up his Washington state home, had been planning the deadly house fire for some time.

He sent out several emails to acquaintances minutes before the deadly blaze. In one email, he wrote how he couldn't stand to live without his boys, authorities said. He also dropped off his sons' toys to various charities throughout the area.

Also today, the boys' grandparents Chuck and Cindy Cox slammed authorities for allowing their grandchildren to be sent on a court-ordered visit to his house.
 ::snipping2::
Susan’s sister Denise Cox also spoke about the unthinkable tragedy. She told CNN’s Nancy Grace today that the boys were forbidden by their father to talk about their mother or even mention her name.

Ms Cox said over the last few months, Charles and Branden had started to talk about her to her parents, who would then relay the information to Denise.

She speculated that Josh drugged Susan preceding her death ‘so it didn’t seem unnatural for the boys when he took her.’
Ms Cox added: ‘I believe he told them they were going to go look for mines and I believe he buried her somewhere out wherever he went.’
The case worker arrived at the house and the boys and as the case worker approached, Powell slammed the door in her face and locked it so that she could not get in.

She banged on the door and windows and he would not respond.
She went back to the car and called her supervisor and 911. It’s fortunate that she went back to the car because that’s when the house exploded. If she hadn’t she would have probably lost her life as well,’ Mr Shapley said.
There will be at least three investigations into the incident: law enforcement officials will conduct a criminal inquiry, the department of social and health services will do an internal ‘staffing’ investigation, and then they will also have a formal child fatality review.

The child fatality review is mandated by Washington state law and will involve external investigators.
Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #922 on: February 06, 2012, 10:58:19 PM »

I thought this was horrible when I first heard about it, it's even worse then I imagined ...................     Sad

He chopped the boys necks with an axe, I just have no words! 

RIP Susan, Braden, and Charlie  an angelic monkey
GRAHAM, Wash. -- The young sons of Josh Powell -- the husband of missing Utah woman Susan Powell -- were murdered by "chops to the neck" and carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of an explosion, authorities revealed Monday.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/husband_himself_missing_blast_woman_Oq7NeHLJqvJMqZikVVrKPL#ixzz1lfH7ZTab

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #923 on: February 06, 2012, 11:07:32 PM »

http://www.newser.com/article/d9so9s100/medical-examiner-powell-boys-died-of-chop-injuries-to-head-neck-and-smoke-inhalation.html

Medical examiner: Powell boys died of 'chop injuries' to head, neck, and smoke inhalation

Well, this may give some clue as to how Susan died.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #924 on: February 06, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »

I'll bet the reason Braden had wounds to the neck and head is because he tried to run.  I didn't think I could feel any worse about this case.  I'm just sick.   

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: February 06, 2012, 11:11:30 PM »

I thought this was horrible when I first heard about it, it's even worse then I imagined ...................     Sad

GRAHAM, Wash. -- The young sons of Josh Powell -- the husband of missing Utah woman Susan Powell -- were murdered by "chops to the neck" and carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of an explosion, authorities revealed Monday.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/husband_himself_missing_blast_woman_Oq7NeHLJqvJMqZikVVrKPL#ixzz1lfH7ZTab

Oh dear Lord...I sure wish that I hadn't read that...God Bless those babies and the Cox family. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #926 on: February 06, 2012, 11:34:21 PM »

http://www.newser.com/article/d9so9s100/medical-examiner-powell-boys-died-of-chop-injuries-to-head-neck-and-smoke-inhalation.html

Medical examiner: Powell boys died of 'chop injuries' to head, neck, and smoke inhalation

OMG, can this get any more horrifying?  I'm so sick about this monster. 
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: February 06, 2012, 11:38:02 PM »

The kids were living with Susan Powell’s parents, and a judge ruled Wednesday that Josh Powell couldn’t get them back without undergoing a psycho-sexual evaluation.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/house-explosion-kills-josh-powell-husband-vanished-utah-woman-sons-article-1.1017473?localLinksEnabled=false

I bet he was worried/knew he would not pass the court ordered evaluation and that was the last straw for him as it meant he would never get his boys back JMO.
Northern Rose-I totally agree! He'd be exposed for who and what he really was.  That would also mean the ultimate defeat for Josh...The Coxs would "win" and Josh knew it.  He hated everything about Susan, right down to her parents. I have to wonder if he hated her because he was jealous that she had the kind of family he never did. I suspect he hated her parents because they loved Susan and his own father didn't love him. IMO, Josh viewed Susan as a possession, his possession.  He resented the Cox family loving his wife. He hated the fact that they loved Susan, that they loved Charlie and Braden.     

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #928 on: February 06, 2012, 11:45:43 PM »

It just gets more horrific......   

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: February 06, 2012, 11:57:47 PM »

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/06/2015366/how-the-state-monitored-the-powell.html

How the state monitored the Powell boys
The woman who took Charlie and Braden Powell on their last drive was a visitation supervisor who worked for Foster Care Resource Network, one of hundreds of businesses that contract with the state to provide social services.
Kathleen Merryman; Staff writer
Kathleen Merryman The News Tribune
Published: 02/06/12 7:53 pm

For a time, the visits were in a neutral place, Chuck Cox told The News Tribune. Then Josh Powell moved to a rented home near Graham.

The parent, the social worker, supervisor, manager and everyone involved with the case would have discussed the visitation and what to recommend to the court,” Hill said. “My understanding is they had ordered visitation in the home, and it was supposed to be supervised.”

None of the decision makers imagined Powell would blow it up.

On Sunday, the boys’ visit supervisor tried to keep them safe, but could not. The boys ran ahead of her and, as she headed for the door, Powell locked it her face. She pounded on it, tried other ways to get in, then called for help.

Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said evidence indicates Powell had rigged the house to explode and, even if she had come in with the boys arrived, she could not have stopped him.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/06/2015366/how-the-state-monitored-the-powell.html#storylink=cpy
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: February 07, 2012, 12:19:23 AM »

OMG, can this get any more horrifying?  I'm so sick about this monster.  

This is just even more terrible than I could have imagined.  When I first heard about the explosion and fire, I thought perhaps it was a quick demise and the children died in a flash  but Josh chopped the boys with an axe and they died from smoke inhalation.    
Unbelievably evil.  How much bile and hate.  How utterly cruel.  It was so wrong for these innocent lives to be taken, but to have caused them so much  pain before it at the hands of their own father is beyond what I can comprehend.  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #931 on: February 07, 2012, 12:24:54 AM »

OMG!  Nooooooooooo..........

What did those children go through in those moments after Josh slammed the door and locked it?  Dear God, how much worse can this get? This is gut wrenching.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: February 07, 2012, 12:26:13 AM »

http://www.ksl.com/

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #933 on: February 07, 2012, 12:28:33 AM »

I never thought I could dislike someone more than KC Anthony.  Well, I was wrong.

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #934 on: February 07, 2012, 12:29:28 AM »

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #935 on: February 07, 2012, 12:41:21 AM »

OMG, can this get any more horrifying?  I'm so sick about this monster.  

This is just even more terrible than I could have imagined.  When I first heard about the explosion and fire, I thought perhaps it was a quick demise and the children died in a flash  but Josh chopped the boys with an axe and they died from smoke inhalation.    
Unbelievably evil.  How much bile and hate.  How utterly cruel.  It was so wrong for these innocent lives to be taken, but to have caused them so much  pain before it at the hands of their own father is beyond what I can comprehend.  

It's enough to make anyone ill. In the end, Josh showed his true self. The Josh only Susan was able to witness. The Josh behind the coward curtain. He was so hateful. It makes me wish Mr. Cox snapped his little pencil neck... but, Mr. Cox is too decent of a guy to do that.
Mr. Cox's ability to control himself with all of the anger that he must have felt for him, well, it is remarkable to say the least.
Susan must be very proud of her dad (her mom too!) - the way they've conducted themselves through all of this. All of this -- the nightmare known as Josh Powell.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #936 on: February 07, 2012, 12:42:03 AM »

I am speechless 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #937 on: February 07, 2012, 12:44:07 AM »

I never th ::monkeydenied::ought I could dislike someone more than KC Anthony.  Well, I was wrong.

Same here KittyMom

GOD BLESS AMERICA
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: February 07, 2012, 12:46:51 AM »

OMG, can this get any more horrifying?  I'm so sick about this monster. 
I think you were right about Josh abusing Charlie and Braden. I also think Josh suspected one or both of the boys "talked" to the Coxs, which prompted the computer image stuff and the mandatory psychosexual eval. to regain custody. I think it's also why he gave the boys toys away (an extra, unnecessary step) days in advance. I believe he was being secretly vindictive. I believe Josh wanted vengeance on the boys for what he perceived as betrayal.  Not to be graphic here and I apologize in advance, but the house was already sufficiently soaked in enough gasoline to explode the house, with an extra tank right there. The hatcheting wasn't 'necessary". Yet, it was planned and planned to happen right after he "welcomed" his excited small sons. Since he couldn't be sure how much time he had to kill them, logic dictates he would have just lit the fire first.  It wasn't like the boys were going to survive.  The hatcheting was personal, IMO.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
4getUnot
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #939 on: February 07, 2012, 12:48:35 AM »

It is so horrible but just gets worse when you think it can't.  Why oh why did he have to do such a gruesome thing to them before setting the place on fire?  Then it occurred to me that this monster probably told the boys if they said anything about their Mom and that night he would chop their heads off.  This is why they would run away when asked about their Mommy.  Then when it came out that one of them had talked about Mommy being in the trunk their deranged sicko monster dad knew they were out of his control.  I believe there can be no other reason for the chops other than to show them he was in control to the very end and would do what he told them he would do if they ever talked about their Mommy.  I know this is horrible to think about but the chops weren't necessary, the fire would kill them all.  This case should set a precedence so that something like this won't happen again.  So many Monkeys saw through it even Chuck Cox why didn't the court and trained workers and so called "experts" have a clue?

My heartfelt prayers are with the loved ones of Susan, Charlie and Braden. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.