March 19, 2024, 03:27:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morgan Dana Harrington #2 7/1/10 -  (Read 726850 times)
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2010, 06:23:51 PM »

Heartbreaking

It is so hard.  Sometimes I walk away from this case so angry, and then I read this mother's words that are so piercing, so straightforward and so gut wrenching.   I cannot for the life of me understand why this happened to Morgan, and will there ever be justice?  These people have such a goodness and to see the pain is almost too much.

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2010, 11:59:03 AM »

Justice for Morgan and the Harrington's

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2010, 07:59:51 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/99556254.html
Updated: 11:31 PM Jul 30, 2010
Police Officially Open North Garden Satellite Office
The Albemarle County Police Department officially opened a new police "Satellite" office Friday. The new facility is on Plank Road in North Garden.

Posted: 12:45 PM Jul 29, 2010
Reporter: Bianca Spinosa
Email Address: bianca.spinosa@newsplex.com
July 29, 2010

The Albemarle County Police Department announced Thursday the opening of a new police "Satellite" office in the North Garden area. The office officially opened on Friday.

A new facility is now in place at 4916 Plank Road, in North Garden, and ten to fifteen officers will work out of the conference room each day. This facility is the vision of Mr. Charles Darnell, President and CEO of Old Dominion National Bank and members of the ACPD.

"We want the visibility of the police here for our purpose and for the community's purpose," said Darnell.

This Satellite office will provide officers a place to work, make phone calls that previously would have to have been made at police headquarters due to spotty cellular phone service, provide a location to conduct briefings or debriefings regarding operations and can be utilized as a location to take necessary breaks.

"The officers that are working the sectors twenty-four-seven will have access to this facility. Late night hours or overnight hours officers, because of spotty cell phone service, [officers] may have to drive all the way to headquarters. With this facility, they can come here," said Lt. Shawn Schwertfeger.

The primary benefit to the community is a decreased response time to emergency calls for service and increased visibility to the busy hub known as the Crossroads and surrounding areas. And the rural community has had its share of disasters and crime recently. Police are investigating the Crossroads area in connection with Morgan Harrington's homicide, and police were also overwhelmed with rescue calls to the North Garden community during December's blizzard.

The new sub station will ultimately give police higher visibility.

Presently, there are only three functioning satellite offices, which provide working space for officers to handle business by phone, conduct follow-up investigations and complete paperwork. No satellite office previously existed to accommodate officers assigned to work areas south and southwest in Albemarle County.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2010, 08:49:17 AM »

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-cop-doc/2010/08/04/thecopdoc-morgan-harrington-murder-case
Upcoming Show: 8/3/2010 9:00 PM     
Host Name:  Dr. Weinblatt
Show Name: TheCopDoc- Morgan Harrington Murder Case
 Length: 1 hr
Description:
h:128851 s:1175828  The focus is on a tragic crime on The Cop Doc radio show for the hour tonight. Joining former police chief Dr. Richard Weinblatt, The Cop Doc, is Dan Harrington, father of murdered university student Morgan Harrington. We'll hear his story as he provides a voice to Morgan and others missing or killed before their time. Also, lending their expertise are former law enforcer and prolific crime writer Stacy Dittrich and former prosecutor Holly Hughes. Tune in to The Cop Doc for a special night honoring the people we are sworn to help.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2010, 07:40:16 AM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from August 2nd, 2010
On August - 2 - 2010ADD COMMENTS
Morgan, we cocooned you in love for 20years – was it enough?  Did we manage to cram a life’s worth into that short allotment?

I feel cheated and pretty pissed off that we were robbed of the joy of your presence for the rest of our lives.  It is selfish I know, we wanted you here with us until we up and died; but fate turned the tables on that scenario.  How can it be?

The vestiges of you that we rejoice in are getting fainter.  I go into your room to conjure you up and try to sniff your scent from t-shirts. Even your closet is loosing the essence of Morgan and smells disappointing, flat, sort of generic now. I guess empty is the right word.

The tangible Morgan dissipates and yet the connection persists. Selfishly, I am not content with a monologue.  Morgan give us something, anything, to break through the barrier.  We are all wishing for something, a big sign from you.  Morgan, how about putting the 2 4 1 dots on the moon for a night?  Just once!

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2010, 12:58:54 PM »

Dear Mrs. Harrington

I remember my mom. She loved Owl's and I was outside looking at a full moon sometime after she passed and praying for her and hoping for a sign that she was OK. Just then a very large Owl flew right through the light of the Moon and landed on top of my flag pole that sits in our yard. That Owl let out a Big Hoot and it made me smile to think that she had herd me and let me know she was OK in Heaven.
 I pray that the same sort of thing happens for you Mrs. Harrington. That Morgan finds a way to let you know that she is OK in Heaven and loves you all so much and gives you strength to carry on in your battle for truth and justice.
 In the meantime many people join you in your battle for justice and share your thoughts that you write into words for all of us to read and a heartfelt sometimes painful understanding of yours and everyones inner thoughts on loss of a child loved so much.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2010, 07:06:11 PM »

Prayers for the Harrington's in their unbearable grief.

I keep checking & hoping that news of an arrest of this monster is imminent.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2010, 11:21:47 AM »

2 4 1  an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2010, 11:38:21 AM »

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-august-4th-2010
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from August 4th, 2010
 On August - 4 - 2010

It is not fair!  Life is just not fair.  When I have that reaction to Morgan’s murder I remind myself that we were never promised fairness; what we were promised though is the strength and the tools needed to overcome any obstacle.

We are developing that strength because we have been able to lean heavily on so many that we move forward.  Your family, both biologic and chosen, will always back you up; and it has made the path so much easier.

Life has always been precarious. We don’t realize the myriad disasters and catastrophes we squeak by everyday. Like the haphazard steps of a toddler stumbling around the living room narrowly missing the sharp corner on the coffee table – over and over again, sooner or later, an inevitable wrong step ends with a head bump and hurt and tears.

So it is with life; you get knocked over but don’t or can’t resign yourself to stay with crawling because walking is too dangerous.  We are programmed in the fiber of our being to get back up and try again. I think of it as tropism of the soul: we keep turning towards the light. It is what we are meant to do.

I reject brokenness in our life.  I acknowledge a broken heart but am determined that shattering will only open this heart to more love.  We honor Morgan, not with withered lives, but through glorious triumphant flowering.

2 4 1  Can we do it?

~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2010, 07:51:10 PM »

REMINDER - DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET:

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »

2 4 1   2006

http://findmorgan.com/gallery

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2010, 04:15:28 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/upcoming-events
AUGUST 20, 2010Hokie Night – Honoring Morgan Harrington

Salem Red Sox Baseball at Lewis Gale Field, Salem, VA

Come join the fun watching the Salem Rex Sox baseball Team with Dan Harrington throwing out the first pitch!

Soon, God willing!  Arrest and conviction!

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2010, 10:43:09 AM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from August 9th, 2010
  On August - 9 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

Flat busted and tired! Some of it is emotional; but primarily I am aware that I have overspent myself physically.  We moved some of Morgan’s apartment furnishings to Alex in New York City this week.  A 14 foot truck and Manhattan rush hour is pretty scary; then if you make it there you have to unload and carry at all up numerous stairs – a challenge to be sure.  It was worth all the effort though; because settling our remaining child comfortable and safely in his environment was balm for the soul.

Soon though, somehow we have to ratchet down the pace we are keeping; it just isn’t sustainable much longer.  All three of us are running full tilt; like dogs with a string of tin cans attached to their tail.  The cacophony scaring us to run ever faster.  We approach the end of our reserves so it’s about time to slow down and reconsider.  We need to figure out why we must run so fast? In fear? Of what? The worst has already happened.  Morgan has been murdered. Why run now?

Are we fueling this frantic pace; doing it to ourselves because it distracts us from the painful void in our lives from Morgan’s death?  Is it better to run to exhaustion than turn and face the full brunt of sadness? This method of self-distraction will bring self-destruction if we don’t rein it in.  We need some quiet and stillness to reflect on our profound loss and the sorrow we feel.

I relish the little reassuring signs that signal things will be ok, eventually. I had one as we left New York in that 14 foot truck:  bumper to bumper cars into the Lincoln tunnel, horns blaring, confusing lights and traffic patterns, and cops banging on the side of the truck.  I glanced up at the back of the semi ahead of us and saw the logo “MORGAN” right in front of our windshield. It was going to be ok.  Morgan will lead us through the Lincoln tunnel.  I sat back in the seat, stopped clutching the armrest and let out my breath; thankful to realize that even in this hole underground, despite my fear, despite all appearances, we were being let into the sunlight.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2010, 11:12:38 AM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from August 12th, 2010
On August - 12 - 2010ADD COMMENTS
It is so silly the things that get under your skin.  In cleaning cabinets today, I discarded “Morgan items”, things that no longer have any relevance to our lives – brown sugar, she was the one who loved to mix up batches of chocolate chip cookies.  We, our family, have no need for brown sugar anymore.  I was cool with that, but sprinkles – that was hard.  How ridiculous!  With everything we have had to let go of, to mourn sprinkles leaving the kitchen cabinet.  But until it’s gone you don’t fully realize the impact, the whimsy, and the fun that a daughter brings to lighten life’s gray tones.

I know it ain’t about sprinkles; it’s about the loss of joy that Morgan brought to our existence.  We have survived Morgan’s death; but we are not sure we see the rationale/value in surviving her ongoing absence.  It looks like much work, with little joy.  It is imperative that we find a way to celebrate the life we have, even in the face of pain.  The path seems so murky though – Morgan help us find a way.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2010, 11:15:27 AM »

2 4 1     an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2010, 12:01:52 PM »

2 4 1 Shiny girl with sprinkles.... an angelic monkey

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2010, 03:58:51 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-story-morgan-harrington-081210,0,3083796.story
Northern Virginia man convicted of maliciously misleading investigators with Morgan Harrington tipState Police arrested Alvin T. Daniels, 51, of Alexandria, Va., in May 2010 on the one count of obstruction of justice
A Northern Virginia man was convicted Wednesday of maliciously misleading investigators with a Morgan Harrington tip.

In May, state police arrested Alvin T. Daniels, age 51, of Alexandria.  State police say they received a tip back in November from an anonymous caller directing state police to look at a 34-year-old Prince William County man in the disappearance of Morgan Harrington.

State police acted on the tip, but upon further investigation found the Prince William County man had no connection to the Harrington case.  And that he was the, "victim of an act of vengeance on the part of Daniels."

Daniels was sentenced to six months suspended jail time on the condition of good behavior over the next 12 months.

Morgan Harrington went missing from the University of Virginia campus in Charlottesville during a Metallica concert on October 17, 2009.

The public is still encouraged to call in tips to the Virginia State Police tip line at (434) 352-3467 or the Jefferson Area Crime Stoppers at (434) 977-4000.

Here is the full news release from state police:

NORTHERN VIRGINIA MAN CONVICTED OF MALICIOUSLY MISLEADING INVESTIGATORS WITH MORGAN HARRINGTON TIP
APPOMATTOX CO., Va. – A Northern Virginia man was convicted Wednesday (Aug. 11) in Appomattox County of maliciously and intentionally making a false statement (Code of Virginia 18.2-460 http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-460) to Virginia State Police through a telephone tip he provided last fall in the Morgan Harrington case. State Police arrested Alvin T. Daniels, 51, of Alexandria, Va., in May 2010 on the one count of obstruction of justice.

On Nov. 11, 2009, Virginia State Police investigators received a tip at the Appomattox Division headquarters from an anonymous caller directing agents to seek out a 34-year-old Prince William County man in the disappearance of Morgan Harrington, the 20-year-old Roanoke, Va., woman who went missing from the University of Virginia campus in Charlottesville during a Metallica concert on the night of Oct. 17, 2009. The caller accused the Prince William man of being responsible for Harrington’s disappearance.

State Police agents immediately acted on the tip. With the assistance of the FBI and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Team Adam Consultants, State Police within 48 hours tracked down both the Prince William County man and Daniels. Further investigation revealed that the Prince William County man was in no way connected to the Harrington case, but instead the victim of an act of vengeance on the part of Daniels.

An Appomattox Circuit Court judge sentenced Daniels to six months suspended jail time on the condition of good behavior over the next 12 months. He is also to have no contact with the victim in this case and was ordered to pay more than $1,600 in restitution to the Virginia State Police for time expended by agents vetting his tip.

“Investigative tip lines are for the sole purpose of generating relevant information related to an ongoing criminal investigation,” said Lt. Joe Rader, Bureau of Criminal Investigation’s Appomattox Division. “We in no way want to deter anyone from calling State Police or Crime Stoppers with information, but the public does need to be aware that there are penalties for purposely misleading investigators with a tip. In this instance, our investigators had to spend valuable time away from the Morgan Harrington case in order to vet an intentional false lead.”

The investigation into Morgan Harrington’s disappearance and death remains ongoing. The public is still encouraged to call in tips to the Virginia State Police tip line at (434) 352-3467 or the Jefferson Area Crime Stoppers at (434) 977-4000.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2010, 04:01:19 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/Global/story.asp?S=12970892
Man Convicted For False Harrington Tip
Posted: Aug 12, 2010 2:35 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 12, 2010 2:43 PM CDT
A Northern Virginia man has been convicted of maliciously misleading investigators with a false Morgan Harrington tip.

State Police arrested Alvin T. Daniels of Alexandria in May 2010 on one count of obstruction of justice. Daniels was sentenced to six months suspended jail time, and pay more than $1,600 in restitution.

In November of 2009, Virginia State Police received a tip from an anonymous caller directing agents to a Prince William County man, claiming he was responsible for the disappearance of Harrington the month before. Police reacted quickly and apprehended both men within 48 hours of the tip.

Investigators soon discovered that the Prince William County man was in no way connected to the case, but was the victim of an act of vengeance on the part of Daniels.

The investigation into Morgan Harrington's disappearance and death remains ongoing. The public is still encouraged to call in tips to the Virginia State Police tip line at (434) 352-3467 or the Jefferson Area Crime Stoppers at (434) 977-4000

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »

What is wrong with people....

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »

2 4 1  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.