March 18, 2024, 11:54:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morgan Dana Harrington #2 7/1/10 -  (Read 726815 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »

2 4 1   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2010, 10:16:37 PM »

Thank You for bringing Gil Harrington's posts here. I do not know if anyone is a member over there, but if you are, please tell Gil that I admire her. The Harringtons have displayed so much courage and grace. Gil sharing her thoughts is sometimes painful to read, but there is always something to think about that I take away.
I think so highly of this woman.
2-4-1 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2010, 02:41:47 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Gil Harrington’s thoughts for August 27th, 2010
  On August - 27 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

Is the loss of life (and lesser valued female life at that) an acceptable, statistically insignificant loss?

Our veneer of civilization is so glossy and beguiling, anything that doesn’t comply or feel compatible with it we ignore because we don’t want to factor it in and we don’t like to dwell on unpleasantness.  In “less civilized societies” if a cobra bites or a wild dog snatches a child or a human predator strikes, the village rises up en-mass and beats the brush and bushes and searches vigorously, diligently to find and eradicate the evil that poses danger to the integrity of the community.

Here we look aside, wait for the grieving family to compose themselves, make nice and show decorum, because it makes us uneasy in our thin skinned civility to contemplate predators in our midst. The price of this strategy, of allowing acceptable levels of human loss, is that the numbers will continue to increase.  Will your wife/mother/daughter/ husband/sister/niece/son have to be part of that growing number before YOU rise up and say NO MORE!!! Primitive people with little food take up sticks and demand justice.  We more civilized folks settle back in our chairs and say “too bad, pretty girl – Next” and hit the remote button.

2 4 1

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2010, 07:24:58 AM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/upcoming-events
SEPTEMBER 16, 2010
“A Gift for the VillagGift for the Villagee”, a documentary film

The American Premier at the Taubman Museum of Art www.taubmanmuseum.org in Roanoke, Virginia at 5:00 P.M. and 8:00 P.M.

This film is dedicated in the memory of Morgan Harrington by her mentor and teacher, artist Jane Lillian Vance.

~ Peter Frampton
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2010, 12:05:44 PM »

Morgan and the Harrington family  2 4 1

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2010, 04:13:52 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/family-blog/gil-harringtons-thoughts-from-august-30th-2010
Gil Harrington’s thoughts from August 30th, 2010
 On August - 30 - 2010

I am enraged and amazed by the tolerance for violence and acceptance of crimes against the weaker members of our society, women and children in America. Is it really OK? Are we still just expendable goods?

Beware! I believe the numerous injured and murdered women and children are the coal mine canaries of our times; delicate creatures whose deaths indicate a lethal toxic presence in our midst. They are a barometer of evil. Take note, hear the alarm and address the underlying problem of pervasive violence. Don’t just step over the corpse of the next lifeless golden creature and say “funny another dead bird.”

If you keep doing that, ignoring sentinel events, sooner of later the lethal emanations of violence will have fingers wrapped around your throat choking your breath away - all because you didn’t listen, turned aside, couldn’t be bothered, ignored the signals because it couldn’t happen to you. The fluttering wings of coal mine canaries in their death rigors have become deafening. Can’t you hear the clamor? Please listen, take heed, there is poison here. Find another path or risk your very lives.

Mogo – 241

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »

There is so much wisdom in these words...

2 4 1 Shiny girl

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »

Enraged and Amazed.

Yesterday in San Jose California 3 police were called to a residence were a male had shot himself with a nailgun and was threatening suicide. After the man refused to come to the door the 3 police officers broke down his door and observered him holding a knife to himself, so they  shot him 6 times because he was holding a knife to himself...
 If you want to committ suicide just call the San Jose Police department and they will come Help You.

... Our society is breaking down to a point of acceptance.

It is the Me Me Me generation and those that trained them to only think of themselves.
No Morals and No Balls= No Hero's
Soon we will be like Mexico.
jmho

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2010, 02:38:42 AM »

Enraged and Amazed.

Yesterday in San Jose California 3 police were called to a residence were a male had shot himself with a nailgun and was threatening suicide. After the man refused to come to the door the 3 police officers broke down his door and observered him holding a knife to himself, so they  shot him 6 times because he was holding a knife to himself...
 If you want to committ suicide just call the San Jose Police department and they will come Help You.

... Our society is breaking down to a point of acceptance.

It is the Me Me Me generation and those that trained them to only think of themselves.
No Morals and No Balls= No Hero's
Soon we will be like Mexico.
jmho

I am so afraid you are right Edward

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2010, 04:43:26 PM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from September 1st, 2010
  On September - 1 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

We are really smack up against a decision point now. We know we can survive the devastating loss of Morgan; we have done so for 10+ months. The question now is we must decide if we even want to. Do we choose to LIVE again? Not just to eke out an existence but to actually embrace life? It’s hard; part of us is still numb and asleep to the rhythms and energy of a normal life. We walk a stumbling gait, with one foot in the world of the living and the other firmly planted in the land of the dead. Eventually, soon, we will have to choose and commit to one or the other.

Our friends and family cajole, and beckon, and even bully us to return to a more normal way of living. Haven’t we suffered enough yet?  The pain quota has been met. Is it time to be happy? No. There’ is still imbalance in the equation. We cannot be breathing and have suffered as much as Morgan did. How do you wall off or neutralize the too vivid imaginings of her death throes? How do you stop superimposing the hologram of Morgan’s skull on every young face you see?

This is wrong. Morgan should be at VT, settling into her apartment for her senior year, stocking the fridge and calling Dan for money and help reconciling her check book, or maybe in line at the VT bookstore waiting to buy yet another Hokie hoodie. But she is “chapwa”, finished, no more, over. We feel finished too. You know there’s not even a word for our role. It is that aberrant, that abhorrent. Children whose parents die are called orphans. Parents whose children die have no name. They are called – nothing.

That’s what we feel. That’s what we are, nothing. Trying so hard to find a way out of this wasteland and be called survivors.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2010, 04:49:15 PM »

Crying or Very sad

~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #171 on: September 02, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »

Prayers for the Harrington Family.

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2010, 09:39:45 PM »

Morgan, Monkeys will continue to remember you.  I so hope that the quiet means that LE is working on something.

2 4 1

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »

2 4 1  an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2010, 06:49:49 PM »

http://www.cvillepodcast.com/2010/09/05/wnrn-wake-up-call-uva-womens-center/

WNRN Wake-Up Call: UVA Women’s Center

On the September 5th edition of the wake-up call, Rick Moore (host) talks with Sharon Davie (director of UVA Women’s Center) about why this center is needed at the university, and women’s issues in the world today. The UVA Women’s Center was founded in 1989, and Sharon Davie has been the director ever since. This center has gotten more publicity ever since the things with Morgan Harrington and Yeardley Love occurred. The center has a survivor support network that tells people how to react and support people who come to them with problems like rape, and it offers support for people too.
 Standard Podcast [62:11m]: Hide Player | Play in Popup | Download (5)

ShareThis

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2010, 06:52:30 PM »

http://www.cvillepodcast.com/2010/09/05/wnrn-wake-up-call-uva-womens-center/

WNRN Wake-Up Call: UVA Women’s Center

On the September 5th edition of the wake-up call, Rick Moore (host) talks with Sharon Davie (director of UVA Women’s Center) about why this center is needed at the university, and women’s issues in the world today. The UVA Women’s Center was founded in 1989, and Sharon Davie has been the director ever since. This center has gotten more publicity ever since the things with Morgan Harrington and Yeardley Love occurred. The center has a survivor support network that tells people how to react and support people who come to them with problems like rape, and it offers support for people too.
 Standard Podcast [62:11m]: Hide Player | Play in Popup | Download (5)  http://www.cvillepodcast.com/podpress_trac/web/4070/0/20100905_wakeup.mp3

ShareThis

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »

2 4 1 Morgan an angelic monkey  We are waiting for justice

That is a cute avatar, Trimm

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2010, 01:52:58 PM »

241 Morgan

2 4 1
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2010, 02:12:45 PM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from September 7th, 2010
On September - 7 - 2010ADD COMMENTS

We have to find a relationship with Morgan that transcends the inconvenient fact of her death.  I am not sure how to do that yet.

Healing demands inclusion of memories and hopefully integrating them into a new reality/life.  Trying to accomplish this and winnowing through our memory cascade of life with Morgan so quickly derails into wallowing in grief and loss.  We must somehow learn to mute that pain circuit so we can build on the foundation of love and remembrances we have and move our triangulated family forward.

I realize that we honor Morgan most completely when we live in a full and gracious way.  I just can’t get on the happy track though; we are working at it but it is almost as if we feel that being happy would signify that we had not loved Morgan enough.

The suddenness of violent death is disorienting. It makes you go a little crazy; sometimes we act in a really counterintuitive way.  This weekend is a perfect example.  Moths are drawn to the flame; we are not Luna moths but lunatic moths, perversely drawn to where Morgan’s flame was snuffed out, mesmerized by the blackness of shadows as we quest for justice.   A holiday weekend, we could have gone anywhere, but we had to open the wound again and found ourselves drawn, compelled to the Copeley Bridge in Charlottesville.  There we flutter around the void of your absence, Morgan, and wish so hard we could escape the call to darkness and be pulled instead by vestiges of light.  Shiny girl show us a way.

2 4 1

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2010, 02:32:31 PM »

Shiny girl show us a way.

Hang in there Gil.. She will show us the way.  an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.