March 18, 2024, 07:55:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morgan Dana Harrington #2 7/1/10 -  (Read 726781 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2010, 06:01:34 PM »

Thanks Klaas. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2010, 06:39:47 AM »

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/A-Year-Later-VT-Students-Murder-Remains-Unsolved-104994154.html
A Year Later, VT Student's Murder Remains Unsolved
Updated 8:18 PM EDT, Thu, Oct 14, 2010
Sunday will mark one year since the disappearance of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, and her murder remains unsolved.

Harrington vanished after going to a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia. She got separated from her friends outside the arena and planned to find her own ride home, but never made it.

Her body was found three months later in a remote field near Charlottesville.

Three months ago, police tied DNA evidence from the crime scene to a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax County.

Harrington's parents were on the Today Show Thursday morning. "The case really has not moved much beyond what we found out when the forensic link was made," said Dan Harrington, Morgan's father. "We know that the case from 2005 is somehow connected to Morgan."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »

http://findmorgan.com/category/family-blog
Morgan's Parents On The Today Show
Video at link

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2010, 06:44:04 PM »

2 4 1 an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2010, 10:42:30 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/15/ijvm.01.html
Issues With Jane Velez Mitchell
10/15/10
<snipped>
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight -- the desperate hunt for Morgan Harrington`s killer one year later. This beautiful 20 year old vanished last October when she left a Metallica concert at a Charlottesville arena. She was not allowed back into the concert because she didn`t have her ticket so she called her friends and said, "I`ll find my own way home." That was the last anyone heard from her.

Some witnesses saw her with blood on her chin, others saw her hitchhiking. Then the three-month search for Morgan ended tragically in January when the Virginia Tech student was found murdered on a remote farm ten miles from the arena.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GIL HARRINGTON, MORGAN`S MOTHER: I will tell you, having seen -- that girl even had some lovely bones.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Morgan`s father called her killer violent, sadistic, and dangerous and believes the murder was an experienced criminal. Maybe even a sexual predator. His feelings were validated when police tied DNA evidence from her crime scene -- Morgan`s crime scene -- to an unsolved 2005 sexual assault in northern Virginia.

Joining me now, two very special guests -- these people are my heroes -- Dan and Gil Harrington, Morgan`s parents. They have been through utter hell, and yet they are continuing to fight for truth and fight for answers in their daughter`s horrific murder. Thank you so much for joining us tonight, Dr. and Mrs. Harrington.

DR. DAN HARRINGTON, MORGAN`S FATHER: Thank you for having us.

G. HARRINGTON: Thank you for having us here, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Doctor, what`s the latest on the search for the killer of your precious daughter?

D. HARRINGTON: You know, there`s really not been any change since the release of the suspect from 2005 in the connection of the forensic evidence from the 2005 case to Morgan. I think there`s still a lot of concern as to why -- how the Fairfax case, the Charlottesville case, and the Anchorage Farm position where Morgan was found all kind of link together. There really has not been much new evidence in the last three months.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, the victim in the 2005 sexual assault provided cops with a description of her attacker --

D. HARRINGTON: That`s right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: -- this 26-year-old woman was grabbed from behind walking in Fairfax, Virginia, carried to the pool area of a townhouse complex and sexually assaulted. There is the sketch that she -- her information led to the creation of this particular sketch.

Now, DNA found in Morgan`s case matches this suspect. Again, he has never been caught or even identified.

Gil, has anyone recognized this man, perhaps from the night Morgan went missing? What are authorities telling you about how they are trying to connect the dots in these cases?

G. HARRINGTON: You know, people say that they have seen someone who looks like the composite, but so far we really haven`t had any breaks on that. The good thing is we have a DNA link so that when we do find someone we can rule him in or out unequivocally pretty quickly.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Here`s my big issue. Why is this case so cold? They got a break, a DNA link, a description. Both attacks happened in the same state. The first victim was sexually assaulted in 2005 in Fairfax. Four years later and 80 miles away, Morgan is murdered.

Now, this guy probably lives in Virginia. The scary part is, the chances are this guy is not stopping at these two women. He`s going to harm somebody else.

Mike Brooks, law enforcement analyst, what do you make of this case being so cold?

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: It`s just -- apparently the DNA, you know -- I`m glad at least they had a link to Fairfax and they`ve got a composite. That is a positive step.

But it seems as if, Jane, this perp, this predator, has never been arrested before because many times if you`re arrested for a sexual assault, a crime similar to that, your DNA will go into that database. So apparently it is not in there. I hope, I hope, that somewhere along the way this guy screws up, gets locked up and his DNA is entered in and they can cross-reference it to the DNA that was found in 2005 in Fairfax county.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And the Surviving Parents Coalition wants anybody arrested for a felony to have to give their DNA, which I think makes a lot of sense because if I have nothing to hide, I don`t mind giving my DNA. But if a person is arrested and you can link him to another crime, you don`t have to wait for them to be convicted to find out, a-ha, this person has been arrested and now we have a link to these other crimes.

So I certainly think that there are changes that we can make in how we deal with these crimes that would allow law enforcement to track down these killers more effectively.

BROOKS: Definitely. Because DNA is a great tool, as you know. But it`s only as good -- it`s only good if you`ve got somebody to compare to, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: This Sunday marks the one-year anniversary of your daughter`s disappearance. You have been through hell, Dr. Harrington. Honestly, I often think of you, and I can`t even imagine what life has been like for you in this past year.

A dedication is planned this weekend at the University of Virginia, which is where your daughter was last seen alive at the concert. What does this event mean to you? I understand there`s also going to be a plaque. Tell us about all of this.

D. HARRINGTON: Yes. I think this is an important event for us as well as for I think the citizens and the university community at large. Obviously it`s a way for us to remember Morgan, but really more importantly over the last year we have worked to raise the awareness for the need for safety on campus and kind of to change the societal view of safety, some of what you talk about every night. With the University of Virginia making this plaque, not only are we remembering Morgan, but it is a way for us to remind the community of Charlottesville and the University of Virginia and other college campuses that safety is paramount.

And it also is a reminder, I think, to the Charlottesville community that a predator still is free. My daughter can no longer, you know, walk free. She`ll never marry. She`ll never graduate. We`ll never have grandchildren. And a predator continues to walk, and I think this Sunday is a way for us to observe all of those.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Gil, what has this past year been like for you? When you wake up you in the morning, what do you go through?

G. HARRINGTON: I mean it`s always there. When you try to learn to accommodate to such a loss, it`s like having a limb missing. You always are aware of it. You figure a way to work around it, but it`s always gone. The way that we have managed that pain is to try and create something positive from what has occurred, to create legacy for Morgan with her scholarship, with the building we`re creating for her in Africa, as well as to keep other girls safe so that other families do not go through this and knowing that we have done that, makes it kind of ok.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Does the pain ever ease?

D. HARRINGTON: I think it has been actually worse probably for me in the last three months. Maybe because the first maybe three-quarters of the year we were so busy with kind of on TV shows and keeping Morgan`s story out there. In the last three months things have slowed down somewhat. And I think you have then the time to grieve that we`d not really had time to grieve before.

It`s very painful, and Gil and I grieve in different ways. I think as a couple you also need to learn how to grieve. But it`s been a very difficult year as well as I think a very difficult three months for me.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Dr. and Mrs. Harrington, my heart goes out to you. I have so much admiration for the grace and dignity with which you`ve handled this incomprehensible situation, this horrific violence, trying to turn it around into a force for good.

We are going to stay on top of your case and do everything we can to find out who killed your beautiful daughter and make sure that that person is brought to justice and do something about this war on women in our country, which is out of control. Please come back soon.

D. HARRINGTON: Thank you.

G. HARRINGTON: Thank you, Jane.

<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2010, 04:36:06 PM »

Charlottesville police are investigating another attack on a female University of Virginia students near grounds. This happened around 3:00 a.m. Saturday on Rugby Road.

Officers say that a 20-year-old student was waiting for a ride when someone grabbed her. She was able to fight him off and get away.

The young woman was taken to the University of Virginia Medical Center and released.

Anyone with information should call CrimeStoppers at 434-977-4000.http://ht.ly/2UAlD

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2010, 07:23:28 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/13336297/harrington
Harringtons Still Looking for Answers
Posted: Oct 16, 2010 5:44 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 16, 2010 6:11 PM CDT
 As Morgan Harrington's parents prepare for a memorial to honor their daughter they continue to put pressure on police to find her killer.

Dan Harrington said, "There are people that we will go to - politicians, governor, senators - that we are going to find an answer here and we are not going to go away".

20-year-old Morgan Harrington disappeared from outside a concert at John Paul Jones Arena one year ago. There are still no arrests in this case.

It's a point of frustration for her parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, as they prepare to honor their daughter with a permanent memorial on grounds. The Harringtons sat down with us this afternoon.

They say they are frustrated because police have no one in custody, but also because they don't always feel included in the investigation.

Morgan was last seen alive on the Copeley Bridge after leaving the Metallica concert at John Paul Jones Arena on October 17 2009. Three months later, on January 26, a farmer discovered her body on Anchorage Farm in Albemarle County.

This summer investigators identified a DNA connection between Morgan's murder and a 2005 sexual assault in Fairfax County. They even released a composite sketch. But the Harringtons say the investigation is moving too slowly for them.

Gil Harrington said, "The stance that perhaps is being taken to find answers is to sit back and wait for a DNA hit from another crime to find the man, and I'm not satisfied to do that."

The Harringtons also say they feel the police have been resistant to including them in the investigation, although recently they say that's been getting better thanks to weekly meetings with investigators. They say they are most concerned about this turning into a cold case.

If you have any information that could help further the investigation call the Virginia State Police tip line, at 434-352-3467.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2010, 07:39:58 AM »

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/10/parents-hope-girls-death-can-be-force-good
Parents hope girl's death can be force for good
The Roanoke Times
© October 17, 2010
By Amanda Codispoti

Shattered bones. A hollowed skull.

Morgan Harrington's killer reduced her to this, an image her mother can't shake.

In the year since Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech junior, disappeared at a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia, parents Gil and Dan Harrington have worked to celebrate their daughter's generous spirit and make sure she is remembered.

"For us, it's kind of trumping evil," Gil Harrington said. Her killer "doesn't win if we can make it into a good thing."

Morgan disappeared after leaving the John Paul Jones Arena alone at the concert. Her body was found in January, 11 miles away on a farm. Authorities declared her death a homicide but haven't publicly said the cause of her death.

Her killer, likely the same man who abducted and sexually assaulted a woman in Fairfax five years earlier, hasn't been caught.

Evidence from where Harrington's body was discovered linked the slaying to the Fairfax suspect, whose sketch was drawn by a police artist there. Detectives said they don't know the man's identity.

Today, U.Va. plans to dedicate a plaque to Morgan on the Copley Bridge in Charlottesville, the last place where she was known to have been seen alive. It will be a marker in her memory, a reminder to all those who pass to be safe,

Staying busy, first with the search for Morgan and more recently with building her legacy, has pushed the Harringtons forward.

The days are more tolerable when they are busy. There is less time for Gil to imagine Morgan's death over and over, to wonder how much pain she endured.

In the weeks after Morgan's disappearance, the couple focused on the media, sitting through numerous interviews, many with national news outlets.

Neighbors brought them dinner. Friends organized vigils. People from across the world mailed letters of support.

In November, the Harringtons traveled to Washington, sharing their story with members of Congress and asking them to restore funding for the National Center for Missing Adults, a federally mandated organization that helps families and law enforcement.

The idea that someone snatched Morgan outside the U.Va. arena cast fear into their lives. In the refuge of their North Roanoke County home, the Harringtons triple-checked locked doors. The darkness of the nights made them uncomfortable.

When snow blanketed Southwest Virginia in December, they said they found it hard to see its beauty.

"Wonder if Morgan is cold - is snow falling on her face - or is her face covered by leaves in a shallow grave being hidden by the snow," Gil Harrington wrote on her blog Dec. 20.

More than a month later, on Jan. 26, a farmer checking his fences discovered a decomposed body in a seldom-tended field.

The Harringtons drove to Charlottesville, drawn "like a magnet," Gil said. She pleaded with Virginia State Police to take her to the site.

"I just wanted to breathe the air there," she said.

Police wouldn't let her go because it was a crime scene, but they offered to fly the parents over the location in a helicopter.

From the gray sky, they could see tents covering the area where Morgan's body lay.

"It was so big," Gil Harrington said. "You were immediately aware that this was not an easy place to put her."

When the remains were returned to the Harringtons, Gil held her daughter's dry, rough rib bones. She peered into Morgan's empty skull.

"I am not sure if I am just wired strangely, but like a dog, I want to roll in it," Gil wrote in a March 8 blog post. "I want to experience every single aspect of Morgan's murder and death - feel her bones, wear her shoes, and sniff her clothes. I am not sure if I am trying to imprint the last of her indelibly in my mind, or if I indulge in such intimacies to try to have the reality of her absence penetrate my disbelief."

The discovery of Morgan's shattered bones didn't bring closure. Nothing will. Gil likens it to an amputation.

The parents also were increasingly aware of what they see as the acceptance of violence, and met with university President Teresa Sullivan to urge her to address violence on campuses.

"They were very clear from the beginning that they wanted to especially alert young women to the dangers," spokeswoman Carol Wood said. "That is a message we picked up very quickly."

Last month, the university drew attention to three attacks with a campuswide e-mail and a news conference.

The university also held a Day of Dialogue, a discussion about violence, prevention and safety.

Students formed the group Let's Get Grounded. It encourages students not to tolerate violence or drug and alcohol abuse.

The Harringtons' work also has taken Morgan's story to Zambia, in southern Africa. Gil, a nurse, regularly travels there on medical missions to work at the Orphan Medical Network International. The group has helped build classrooms, and its founder, Karen ReMine, had an idea to build and dedicate classrooms in Morgan's name.

In April, Gil Harrington travel ed to Zambia to break ground on the Morgan Dana Harrington educational wing. She took a packet of Morgan's cremation ashes, which she sprinkled at the site.

Morgan wanted to become a teacher, but Gil Harrington said she doubts Morgan would have reached children in Zambia.

"In a convoluted way, she will probably do more good in this life than she would have alive," her mother said.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2010, 07:53:20 AM »

2 4 1  Justice For Morgan!

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2010, 02:00:51 PM »

Please God, help the Harringtons get through this day.

2 4 1     an angelic monkey

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2010, 09:14:09 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/13338832/one-year-anniversary-of-harrington-disappearance
Morgan Harrington Remembered One Year Later
Posted: Oct 17, 2010 4:32 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 17, 2010 6:23 PM CDT
Sunday marks the one year anniversary of Morgan Harrington's tragic disappearance. The University of Virginia took time to remember and pay tribute to Harrington at the last place she was seen by anyone.

There's now a plaque in memorial of Harrington on the Copeley Bridge in place of the pictures and posters that filled the spot before. Harrington's father Dan said, "Today [Sunday] we mark the one year event that changed our lives forever."

Harrington's mother Gil said, "It is written in stone, now, here at this place where Morgan last stood and where her life's potential was ripped away."

UVA's Vice President Arthur Garson said, "We know that in her 20 years on earth she brought so much love, joy and happiness to so many." A number of people came out and they were wearing pins and holding signs filled with sadness and anger over a murder that still has not been solved.

Charlotte Ding attended the memorial and said, "I don't feel enough is being said about, that he's still at large. He could be anywhere. He could still be here in Charlottesville. We don't know."

Harrington's parents want the plaque to mean more than remembrance. "To me, it's a larger meaning of every time a student or a Charlottesville native passes by here, let it be a remembrance for the need for safety," said Dan.

Even through loss, Harrington's parents hope their tragedy can provide lessons for the future. Gil said, "She can make a difference. Be an agent for change in a positive direction."

The memorial did not end on the Copeley Bridge. The movie A Gift for the Village was screened in Newcomb Hall following the plaque dedication. The documentary follows artist Jane Vance who's a professor that taught Harrington at Virginia Tech.

Harrington appears briefly in the film three times, and the movie is dedicated in memorial of her. Vance said, "To help spread the word, and the literal word of Morgan, and her legacy is something I will do for the rest of my life."

The movie documents delivering a painting to Nepal; a journey Harrington was supposed to join Vance on last summer.

State police are still working to find Harrington's killer, and they're still unsure of where she was on the night she was murdered. Police say they have received more than 1000 leads in the last 12 months, which continue to be vetted by investigators.

No arrests have been made so far in connection to the crime, but police hope someone will come forward with vital information that they need to solve the case.

Virginia State Policeman Corinne Geller said, "Violent crimes that are very complex and very involved and have a lot of variables intermixed in it, they take time. They are very thorough and they're not going to jump to any conclusions because they know the ultimate result here has got to be a solid arrest."

State police say they will continue to work closely with the Harrington's during the course of the ongoing investigation.

Reported by Dannika Lewis

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2010, 09:15:43 PM »

http://www.wset.com/Global/story.asp?S=13338999
UVA Dedicates Plaque in honor of Morgan Harrington

Video at link

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »

<a href="http://vp.mgnetwork.net/traveler.swf?embed_referer=scaredmonkeys.net&amp;u=c1d910d42b9e102ea6fd001ec92a4a0d&amp;z=SLS&amp;embed_player=1" target="_blank">http://vp.mgnetwork.net/traveler.swf?embed_referer=scaredmonkeys.net&amp;u=c1d910d42b9e102ea6fd001ec92a4a0d&amp;z=SLS&amp;embed_player=1</a>

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2010, 08:27:47 AM »

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=2082782
1 year later, search for Morgan Harrington's killer continues
October 18, 2010 - 5:05am

WASHINGTON - Virginia State Police are still trying to solve the murder of a Virginia Tech student one year after her death.
Morgan Harrington, 21, of Roanoke, Va., disappeared Oct. 17, 2009 after a Metallica concert at the University of Virginia. Her remains were found three months later on an Albemarle County farm near where she was last seen.

In July, police found a forensic link between Harrington and a Fairfax City sexual assault suspect from 2005. But police don't know the man's identity, says former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt.

Van Zandt says police think Harrington came in contact with the suspect either the night she disappeared or the next morning, and they need the public's help to find out that information.

"Police have DNA that match a five-year-old case and a one-year-old homicide," Van Zandt says.

On Sunday -- the anniversary of Harrington's disappearance -- her parents dedicated a plaque at the bridge where she was last seen.

Her parents also have started charity projects to honor their daughter, including a scholarship at the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine.

Anyone with information about Harrington's murder can call the Virginia State Police at 434-352-3467. A $150,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to an arrest of her killer.

WTOP's Kathy Stewart contributed to this report

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2010, 02:35:30 PM »

2 4 1

Never forget, Justice for Morgan

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2010, 07:12:25 AM »

2 4 1 Justce For Morgan

~ Peter Frampton
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2010, 10:51:11 AM »

Justice for Morgan, Peace for her family

2 4 1

Never forget

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2010, 01:06:22 PM »

http://articles.dailypress.com/2010-10-29/news/dp-nws-parkway-murders-letter-20101029_1_parkway-murders-task-force-annamaria-phelps
Families of Parkway murder victim seek creation of task force
Unsolved string of Virginia slayings dating to 1986 have confounded investigators
October 29, 2010|By Matt Sabo, msabo@dailypress.com | 757-247-4712

A sister-in-law of a victim in the Parkway Murders case has written a top state official asking that the 20-year-old killings and disappearances become a state priority — along with three unsolved 1996 killings along Route 29 in the Shenandoah Valley and the recent, unsolved slaying of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

Jennifer Phelps, whose sister-in-law, Annamaria Phelps, was killed in 1989, wrote the Oct. 28 letter to Marla Graff Decker, the state secretary of Public Safety. Phelps pleads with Decker to "please do something" and make the investigations a priority. She signed it on behalf of the familes of Parkway Murders victims.

Phelps also wrote that Decker's office has not followed through on a May pledge made by Gov. Bob McDonnell to contact each of the families in a series of killings betweeen 1986 and 1989 that are linked to the Colonial Parkway.

"I am hoping for a response," Phelps wrote in an e-mail to the Daily Press. "We have been paitently waiting since May for a phone call and we have heard nothing."

McDonnell is aware of the concerns and frustrations of victims' families, said spokeswoman Stacey Johnson.

She said the governor and Decker have consulted at length with state investigators in each of these cases and the state and other local and federal law enforcement agencies are dedicating the necessary resources and activity to the cases.

"We have taken and will continue to take the action we promised we would take on cases that are being handled by the State Police," Johnson said. "We cannot speak to, nor interfere with the status of, cases handled by other law enforcement agencies."

Families of the victims want a task force created involving the Virginia State Police, FBI and local law enforcement to "get to the bottom of our cases as well as other unsolved cases around Virginia," Phelps said.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2010, 10:54:15 AM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from November 1st, 2010
As big as the to-do list is makes it easier to go and bury yourself there than face the immensity of Morgan’s murder.  We have worked phenomenally hard for this entire first year to find JUSTICE FOR MORGAN and at the same time to distract ourselves from the wasteland of loss and sadness that constantly threatens to overwhelm.

I think it is time for us to gear down our busyness and let the grief do its work; to shape us and open us through suffering.  These are natural rhythms, which must be allowed to express; to resist is futile and tiring. A year of holding back the tide has proven that.

I do believe that the intrinsic direction of life is towards wholeness and healing; you can’t get lost or stuck in the broken places.  Faith is the certainty that if you hold on long enough you can participate in renewal.  You can choose to grow and become more because of your loss and reject its destructive potential. I saw this done elegantly by Susan J. on the bridge for Morgan’s memorial dedication in Charlottesville on October 17, 2010.

Susan had avoided Charlottesville entirely since her beloved husband died there some years ago; the pain was too great.  But Susan had been forged into a new stuff by grief; she leaned into her pain and found strength to stand and offer her compassion to lessen our hurt.  I saw her standing there holding a big old sign “JUSTICE FOR MORGAN” with courage and love just pouring out of her.

I am learning from master teachers all around, this is the way.

~ Peter Frampton
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: November 01, 2010, 08:30:05 PM »

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from November 1st, 2010
As big as the to-do list is makes it easier to go and bury yourself there than face the immensity of Morgan’s murder.  We have worked phenomenally hard for this entire first year to find JUSTICE FOR MORGAN and at the same time to distract ourselves from the wasteland of loss and sadness that constantly threatens to overwhelm.

I think it is time for us to gear down our busyness and let the grief do its work; to shape us and open us through suffering.  These are natural rhythms, which must be allowed to express; to resist is futile and tiring. A year of holding back the tide has proven that.

I do believe that the intrinsic direction of life is towards wholeness and healing; you can’t get lost or stuck in the broken places.  Faith is the certainty that if you hold on long enough you can participate in renewal.  You can choose to grow and become more because of your loss and reject its destructive potential. I saw this done elegantly by Susan J. on the bridge for Morgan’s memorial dedication in Charlottesville on October 17, 2010.

Susan had avoided Charlottesville entirely since her beloved husband died there some years ago; the pain was too great.  But Susan had been forged into a new stuff by grief; she leaned into her pain and found strength to stand and offer her compassion to lessen our hurt.  I saw her standing there holding a big old sign “JUSTICE FOR MORGAN” with courage and love just pouring out of her.

I am learning from master teachers all around, this is the way.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.