March 28, 2024, 09:50:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morgan Dana Harrington #2 7/1/10 -  (Read 727386 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: January 27, 2012, 01:16:14 PM »

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: February 02, 2012, 09:08:41 AM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-save-the-next-girl-campaign-classmates-talk-about-morgan-harringtons-legacy-20120201,0,5578274.story
Help Save The Next Girl campaign; classmates talk about Morgan Harrington's legacy
Harrington's parents started the campaign in Oct. 2011

Video at link.
Karen Kiley Reporter
5:40 p.m. EST, February 1, 2012

::snipping2::
Vance was Morgan Harrington's professor the semester she went missing.  Vance says Morgan sat in the front row every class.  Throughout the semester the two formed a friendship.

Vance says she'll never forget when she first heard Morgan was missing.

"It was another student from our class who called and said 'Mrs. Vance, it’s Morgan. It’s Morgan who’s missing,'" said Vance. "I could barely fathom it."

"It was just kind of shocking that something seemingly random happened to someone who was not random to me," remembers Chris Bartholomew, a senior at Virginia Tech and one of Morgan's classmates in Vance's Creative Process class.

This group of friends, classmates, and teachers gathered two years after Morgan's death to throw their support behind the newly formed Help Save the Next Girl campaign.

"This is a passionate attempt to wake students up, wake young people up and to heal," said Vance. "Virginia Tech is a vibrant, beautiful community. We are not a place of tragedy. We are a place of solutions, and Help Save the Next Girl is one of the smartest solutions I have seen."

The campaign will focus on bringing awareness to the vulnerability of women on college campuses and how to protect them.  It's something Laura Schneider is doing by wearing a wristband with Morgan's name on it and telling her cautionary tale to anyone who will listen.

"We are more than a college campus, more than a crime scene, more than a gunman, more than a murderer," said Schneider. "We are a school, a community, a family and we will prevail. Always. And this is how we do that."

"We are all ready to make this campaign happen now. It is new, but I can tell you it's going to hit the ground strong," said Vance.

The Help Save The Next Girl campaign is also focused on finding Morgan's killer and being a resource for other families if a loved one goes missing.

The campaign is just getting started, fundraisers and promotional events will start appearing in the coming weeks.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: February 02, 2012, 09:12:19 AM »

http://www.readthehook.com/102744/bus-ted-transit-policy-blocks-harrington-ad
Bus-ted: Transit policy blocks Harrington ad
By Courteney Stuart | stuart@readthehook.com
Published online 2:14pm Wednesday Feb 1st, 2012

As Charlotte Ding drove behind a public bus in Rochester, New York, an advertisement on the back of the vehicle pleading for help with an unsolved murder grabbed the former Charlottesville resident's attention– and sparked a brainstorm.

"I thought it would be a great way to draw attention to the Morgan Harrington case in Charlottesville," says Ding, who relocated to New York two years ago but still volunteers for the Harrington family's nonprofit ad campaign Help Save the Next Girl. Excited at the prospect of raising awareness about the mystery around the second anniversary of the discovery of Morgan's remains on January 26, Ding contacted Charlottesville Area Transit in late January ready to make a bus-side ad purchase. She didn't get far.

"I was told the ad wouldn't be accepted," says Ding, noting that the charity had been prepared to pay full price– about $250 per ad per month. "I couldn't believe it," says Ding. "Why wouldn't they want the money?"

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: February 04, 2012, 10:01:43 AM »

O/T
http://www.readthehook.com/102763/final-motions-huguely-trial
Final motions: Judge allows graphic photos in Huguely trial
By Lisa Provence | lisa@readthehook.com
Published online 7:55am Saturday Feb 4th, 2012

The trial of Huguely for the 2009 death of Love just weeks before the two were to graduate from UVA begins Monday, February 6, and jury selection is expected to last two days.

~ Peter Frampton
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: February 20, 2012, 12:27:31 PM »

NHRC Fundraiser Events

"After experiencing the abduction and murder of my son, I know the incredible pain that a loss like this brings, and so I commend Beth for channeling her pain into something positive and creating this foundation in conjunction with the National Museum of Crime and Punishment. It is my sincere hope that Beth and her family will get justice in Natalee's case. I always say that one person can make a difference. This foundation, in Natalee's memory and honor, will help protect other young adults from danger." - John Walsh

Running For Justice, Hosted by Maggie and Amanda

Come to Augusta Preparatory Day School, located in August, Georgia, for a 5k run. 100% of the proceeds go to the NHRC!

When: Saturday, February 25th
Donation: Entrance fee of $20 includes a t-shirt!
Registration Deadline: Saturday, February 11th.

*Beth Holloway will be speaking on Friday, February 24th at 2:30pm

REGISTER NOW as space is limited!

If you can't attend the run, but would still like to donate:

Read More:
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC_events

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: February 22, 2012, 10:03:47 PM »

O/T
http://www.newsplex.com/mobi/news?storyid=137717958
Lawyers Request Huguely Evidence Not Be Posted Online
January 19, 2011

Charges against Huguely include, Murder in the First Degree, Robbery, Burglary in the Nighttime, Breaking and Entering, Grand Larceny and Murder in the Commission of a Felony.

The trial begins on February 6, but there is a hearing this Friday where the judge will probably rule whether or not photos of Yeardley Love's dead body can be used as evidence.

Jury finds former University of Virginia lacrosse player guilty of second-degree murder
Published February 22, 2012

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. –  Jurors found a former University of Virginia lacrosse player guilty of second-degree murder Wednesday in the slaying of his ex-girlfriend that was fueled by jealousy over her relationship with another lacrosse player.

Jurors met for nine hours in the trial of George Huguely V, rejecting a verdict of first-degree murder that could have resulted in life in prison in the May 2010 beating death of Yeardley Love

He also was convicted of grand larceny. The two convictions call for a maximum of 60 years in prison.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/22/jurors-getting-murder-case-former-university-virginia-lacrosse-player/

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #526 on: February 22, 2012, 10:52:12 PM »

O/T
http://www.readthehook.com/102763/final-motions-huguely-trial
Final motions: Judge allows graphic photos in Huguely trial
By Lisa Provence | lisa@readthehook.com
Published online 7:55am Saturday Feb 4th, 2012

The trial of Huguely for the 2009 death of Love just weeks before the two were to graduate from UVA begins Monday, February 6, and jury selection is expected to last two days.
He was convicted of second degree murder and was sentenced to a total of 26 years.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/22/george-huguely-guilty-verdict-yeardley-love-murder_n_1293881.html?1329954813&icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D137613

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: March 09, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »

http://www.nbc12.com/story/17119164/hokies-coach-beamer-helps-in-harrington-murder-case
Hokies Coach Beamer helps in Harrington murder case
By Zhinia Harden
March 9, 2012

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Virginia Tech football Coach Frank Beamer is stepping up to help in the murder case of former Hokie, Morgan Harrington.

Beamer hosted a public service announcement for the newly launched Virginia Tech help save the next girl campaign.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/17116922/beamer-backs-vt-help-save-the-next-girl-campaign
Beamer Backs VT Help Save the Next Girl Campaign
Reported by Laura French
March 8, 2012

The murder case of a Virginia Tech student found in an Albemarle County farm is getting some help from the gridiron.

VT Head Football Coach Frank Beamer hosted a public service announcement for the newly launched Virginia Tech Help Save the Next Girl campaign.  It's the first campus branch of the national campaign, started by Morgan Harrington's family.
The hope is that this campaign will spread across the country.  Virginia Tech Head Basketball Coach Seth Greenberg will also appear in a public service announcement to help the Virginia Tech Help Save the Next Girl campaign.

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #528 on: March 09, 2012, 03:54:35 PM »

http://www.nbc12.com/story/17119164/hokies-coach-beamer-helps-in-harrington-murder-case
Hokies Coach Beamer helps in Harrington murder case
By Zhinia Harden
March 9, 2012

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - Virginia Tech football Coach Frank Beamer is stepping up to help in the murder case of former Hokie, Morgan Harrington.

Beamer hosted a public service announcement for the newly launched Virginia Tech help save the next girl campaign.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/17116922/beamer-backs-vt-help-save-the-next-girl-campaign
Beamer Backs VT Help Save the Next Girl Campaign
Reported by Laura French
March 8, 2012

The murder case of a Virginia Tech student found in an Albemarle County farm is getting some help from the gridiron.

VT Head Football Coach Frank Beamer hosted a public service announcement for the newly launched Virginia Tech Help Save the Next Girl campaign.  It's the first campus branch of the national campaign, started by Morgan Harrington's family.
The hope is that this campaign will spread across the country.  Virginia Tech Head Basketball Coach Seth Greenberg will also appear in a public service announcement to help the Virginia Tech Help Save the Next Girl campaign.

Video at Link

Thank you for sharing this Muffy 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: March 09, 2012, 05:38:16 PM »

You're welcome sister.  I think "Help Save the Next Girl" is a very worthwhile program.

I hope one day very soon we'll see an arrest/s in Morgan's murder.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: April 22, 2012, 10:00:06 AM »

~ Peter Frampton
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #531 on: April 23, 2012, 01:37:28 AM »

Something that stands out to me here is the use of US 29...even coming from Fairfax to Charlottesville it's mainly US 29.  Jermantown Rd (where the girl in Fairfax was sexually assaulted) looks to be right off of 29...Anchorage Farm (where Morgan was found is right off of 29) and Copeley Rd (where Morgan was last seen) is right off of 29.  I wonder if there are any other reports of attempted abductions, rapes, and such along this track or farther south on 29? 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: April 23, 2012, 01:47:29 AM »

O/T Trimmm-Good to see you on Morgan's thread! You have been missed! Everything o.k.?

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: April 27, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »

H
O/T Trimmm-Good to see you on Morgan's thread! You have been missed! Everything o.k.?
[  /quote]

Just connection problems.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: May 31, 2012, 09:42:15 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Save_the_Next_Girl_PSA_Launched_151652835.html
Help Save the Next Girl Launches PSA
To help raise awareness of violence against women, Help Save The Next Girl launched its public service announcement.

May 15, 2012

Help Save The Next Girl is group inspired by the 2010 disappearance and death of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington in Charlottesville. She was last seen leaving a Metallica Concert at the John Paul Jones Arena. Her body was found several months later on a farm in Albemarle County.

Help Save the Next Girl is about empowering females and communities to look out for one another.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #535 on: June 04, 2012, 08:38:32 AM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Save_the_Next_Girl_PSA_Launched_151652835.html
Help Save the Next Girl Launches PSA
To help raise awareness of violence against women, Help Save The Next Girl launched its public service announcement.

May 15, 2012

Help Save The Next Girl is group inspired by the 2010 disappearance and death of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington in Charlottesville. She was last seen leaving a Metallica Concert at the John Paul Jones Arena. Her body was found several months later on a farm in Albemarle County.

Help Save the Next Girl is about empowering females and communities to look out for one another.

CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #536 on: June 04, 2012, 03:14:12 PM »

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/New_Sketch_Released_of_Morgan_Harringtons_Suspected_Killer_156918795.html
Edit to add article publication date.  MB June 4, 2012
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:24:47 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: June 04, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #538 on: June 05, 2012, 07:35:35 AM »

Glad to see some movement for Morgan.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #539 on: June 06, 2012, 09:06:02 AM »

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2012/jun/04/gil-harrington-says-daughters-killer-hiding-plain--ar-1965333/
Gil Harrington says daughter's killer is "hiding in plain sight"
June 4, 2012

Since a revised sketch came out Sunday of what Morgan Harrington's killer looks like, her mother Gil has been busy getting the word out.  After interviews this morning in Roanoke, she drove to Charlottesville for another round of interviews with the media there.

"I don't want to sit and wait from him.  I'm a pretty determined person and I'm going to keep looking and keep shaking this tree,” said Harrington.

The new version of the FBI sketch shows a very similar man to the previous one, but now they think he may have changed his appearance, shaving his beard and mustache.

Investigators believe he still lives in the Charlottesville area because of the remote location where Morgan's body was found.

"Someone knows something.  This guy is hiding in plain sight.  The fact the frightening thing about the new composite is that he looks normal,” said Harrington.

Gil says not just someone, but probably many people know this guy and she hopes the new sketch will help them realize it.
Video at Link

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.