March 28, 2024, 06:42:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morgan Dana Harrington #2 7/1/10 -  (Read 727370 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: October 23, 2014, 12:39:09 PM »

October 23, 2014 Tweets
https://twitter.com/AugensteinWTOP

(AUDIO- Blaine Eichner raw interview with WVTF and WTOP)
Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  5h 5 hours ago
News orgs: Raw audio of intvw  by @HawesSpencer/me of man who found #MorganHarrington's tshirt. Credit WVTF/WTOP http://bit.ly/1pDVzWj
 audioBoom

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP  ·  5h 5 hours ago
News orgs: Raw audio of man who found #MorganHarrington tshirt. Use, with credit to WVTF/WTOP http://bit.ly/1pDVzWj  http://bit.ly/1woULsk

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #641 on: October 31, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/10/31/attorney-wants-uva-abduction-suspect-evaluated/20986851/?ncid=webmail4

Attorney wants UVa abduction suspect evaluated

Oct 31st 2014 9:59AM

FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) - An attorney for the man accused of abducting University of Virginia student Hannah Graham said Friday that he wants his client to be evaluated to determine his sanity.

Attorney James Camblos made the request for a psychiatric evaluation at an arraignment for Jesse L. Matthew Jr., 32, in Fairfax County Circuit Court, where he's charged in a 2005 sexual assault unrelated to Graham's disappearance and death.

Matthew is charged in Fairfax with abduction with intent to defile, attempted capital murder and sexual penetration in connection with a September 2005 assault on a 26-year-old woman in Fairfax City. He is charged in Charlottesville with the abduction of Graham with the intent to defile, but is not yet facing murder charges.

Authorities say they also have forensic evidence linking him to the 2009 disappearance and death of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.

At Friday's hearing, the judge took no action on Camblos' request for a psychiatric evaluation, deferring it until a later date.

2 4 1
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #642 on: November 11, 2014, 07:54:15 AM »

the waiting . . .

how do these families not just scream . . .

waiting and waiting . . .

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #643 on: November 24, 2014, 10:44:43 PM »

http://wtvr.com/2014/11/24/search-warrant-reveals-connection-between-jesse-matthew-and-morgan-harrington/

Warrant reveals DNA connection between Jesse Matthew and Morgan Harrington
POSTED 4:57 PM, NOVEMBER 24, 2014, BY SCOTT WISE, LAURA FRENCH AND MELISSA HIPOLIT, UPDATED AT 10:17PM, NOVEMBER 24, 2014

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Jesse Matthew Jr.’s DNA was found on the black “Pantera” shirt Morgan Harrington wore the night she disappeared outside John Paul Jones area in Charlottesville on October 17, 2009, according to a search warrant obtained by CBS 6 reporter Laura French.

While we previously knew investigators had evidence that linked Matthew, who is also the suspect in the abduction of 18-year-old University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, to Harrington, the search warrant revelation is the first specific confirmation of that evidence.

“There was a large diffuse of stain on the shirt,” the search warrant indicated. “A DNA mixture profile was developed….on the shirt and searched against the Virginia DNA Data Bank. Search results indicated that the contributor of a foreign DNA profile, indicative of a male contributor, which was developed from a fingernail scraping of a female victim who was sexually assaulted by a male subject in a 2005 City of Fairfax, Virginia case, could not be eliminated as a contributor to the mixture profile taken from Harrington’s shirt.”

Matthew has recently been charged in connection to the 2005 sexual assault case.

Charlottesville Police then submitted a “wooden tip from a cigar butt” that Matthew had his wallet to the state crime lab.

“A DNA profile was developed from the ‘wooden tip from a cigar butt’ and could not be eliminated as a contributor to the sampling from the majority of the interior of the black t-shirt,” the search warrant continued. “The probability of randomly selecting an unrelated individual who would be included as a contributor to the DNA mixture profile is greater than one in 7.2 billion, which is approximately the world population.”

The search warrant indicated police are working with Ntelos to confirm Matthew had a working mobile phone in the Charlottesville-area the night Harrington disappeared.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: November 24, 2014, 11:52:44 PM »

http://www.nbc29.com/story/27470933/court-documents-dna-links-matthew-to-harrington-case

Court Documents: DNA Links Matthew to Harrington Case

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 3:44 PM CST
Updated: Nov 24, 2014 4:43 PM CST

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va (WVIR) - NBC29 has obtained an unsealed search warrant in the Morgan Harrington murder investigation. The warrant details how police have linked Jesse Matthew to Harrington.

Matthew is charged with at least two attacks on women - an attempted sexual assault in Fairfax in 2005 and abduction with intent to defile in the case of University of Virginia second-year student Hannah Graham.  He has not been charged in the Harrington case at this point.

Information in the warrant offers a better idea about how Matthew has been forensically linked to the Harrington case. While investigators had confirmed a forensic link between Jesse Matthew and the Harrington case, the search warrant provides the first confirmation of what that evidence is.  The warrant says Harrington's Pantera T-shirt had multiple DNA stains on it. The shirt was recovered after Harrington disappeared in 2009.

The Virginia Department of Forensic Science was able to collect DNA from Harrington's shirt. That DNA matched the DNA collected from the 2005 attempted sexual assault investigation in Fairfax.

Charlottesville police found a "wooden tip from a cigar butt" inside Matthew's wallet. The DNA from that wooden tip is a match to both the Harrington case and the 2005 Fairfax case.

On the search warrant, police list the crime as first- and second-degree murder. However, that doesn't mean Matthew will be charged with those specific counts.

The four-page search warrant also asks for years of Matthew's cell phone records. 

A spokesperson for Virginia State Police had no comment.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: May 07, 2015, 01:21:30 PM »

posted by Muffy Bee in Graham's case

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/05/jesse-matthew-trial-date-hearing-capitol-murder/
Jesse Matthew Jr. to face capital murder charge in U.Va student Hannah Graham’s death
Posted May 5, 2015, Updated May 6, 2015

Matthew was brought into the courtroom around 5 p.m. Monday, and the court informed everyone that Matthew had been served an indictment earlier that day. He now faces capital murder under first-degree murder and abduction with intent to defile.

With the upgraded charge, Matthew is now entitled to two capital certified attorneys. There is also an automatic appeal for capital murder cases, said WTVR CBS 6 legal analyst Todd Stone.

Capital defender Doug Ramseur from Richmond will lead the case.  Michael Hemenway from Charlottesville and unidentified counsel from Norfolk will also be part of the team.

Graham’s parents were in the courtroom, along with Gil Harrington, whose daughter Morgan was killed in 2009. Gil Harrington said she believe Matthew was responsible for Morgan’s death. A warrant reveals a DNA connection between Matthew and Morgan Harrington, but no charges have been filed against Matthew in  Harrington’s disappearance.

The judge denied Matthew’s request to keep his public defender Jim Camblos, as a fourth member of counsel.

“I am not on the team anymore. I have nothing to say,” Camblos said outside of court.

Camblos remained co-counsel in Matthew’s Fairfax attempted capital murder and sexual assault trial. That is scheduled to begin June 8.

WTVR CBS 6 reporter Laura French said that Matthew entered the courtroom and made direct eye contact with Graham’s parents, and with Harrington.

Harrington, as well as John and Susan Graham, had a front row seat at Tuesday’s hearing to face the man they believe killed their daughters.

“I’ll be satisfied if this particular predator never is able to hurt anyone again that was always my intent to save the next girl. Unfortunately, we couldn’t save Hannah Graham,” said Harrington.

Matthew’s mother, father, uncle and girlfriend were all present at Tuesday’s hearing and left the courtroom with no comment.

In March, Matthew’s July trial date was pushed back after a judge granted his defense attorneys’ motion to hire their own forensics experts. Matthew’s defense said their experts would need time to challenge DNA evidence the prosecution intended to enter at trial.

If Matthew enters a plea for first-degree murder he would not be eligible for appeal, said Stone.

Matthew will return to court at 1 p.m. on June 25.

thanks Muffy 

BBM

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: June 08, 2015, 10:25:07 PM »

Video at the link.

Morgan's parents were in court today, and this was her dad's first time to see Jesse Matthew in person.  Gil speaks about his reaction on the video.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2015/06/08/jesse-matthew-fairfax-trial-begins/28674783/

Victim takes the stand at Jesse Matthew Fairfax trial

FAIRFAX, Va. (WUSA9) -- The victim in a 2005 Jesse Matthew case took the stand in the first day of trial Monday afternoon. Prosecutors say she was sexually assaulted by Matthew.

Matthew is charged with attempted capital murder, abduction and sexual assault stemming from a 2005 attack along Jermantown Road. The victim in the attack flew back from India to testify against him.

WUSA9's Peggy Fox reported that the victim told the Commonwealth's attorney she remembered something new: that the suspect put his penis inside her vagina.

Morrogh described the attack by saying he choked the victim until she was unconscious and car lights stopped the attack. Morrogh said in court that the victim scratched the attacker and DNA was left under her nails. WUSA9's Peggy Fox reported that Morrogh said that the DNA matched Jesse Matthew.

Mark Raul Castro, the man who happened to drive into the parking lot and stopped the attack with his car lights, said in court that when he found the victim she looked nearly dead and was screaming her lungs out, WUSA9's Peggy Fox reported.

On the stand, Peggy Fox reported that the victim said on Sept. 24, 2005, she had gone to Borders Book store, then Giant, around 8:30 p.m. and was walking home when the incident occurred.

The victim said the man dropped her, picked her up again and took her to a grassy field by a pool. Then he put her on the ground, sat on her legs and banged her head on the ground.

WUSA9's Peggy Fox reported that the victim continued by saying the man began choking her until she became unconscious and at some point, he pulled her pants down.

Matthew appeared in court wearing a light yellow dress shirt with his hair still in dreads. He pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Judge David Schell Fairfax asked Matthew basic questions on Monday morning. When asked "Are you ready for trial today?" Matthew replied in a soft voice, "No." Matthew's attorney later reiterated that Matthew and his legal counsel were not ready for trial but Judge Schell responded, "You've had plenty of time."

Judge David Schell estimates that the trial could take nine days -- until Friday June 19, with Friday, June 12th off.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: June 08, 2015, 10:26:48 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindHannahGraham/posts/852434428160140

Jane Lillian Vance

Day 1: The First Trial of Jesse Matthew

Collisions

Thirty-five years ago, my father was driving from Smithfield, North Carolina, to Raleigh, in a terrible thick unusual winter fog enveloping the highway. He had slowed to 45 mph, but an 18-wheeler in front of him was much slower, and my father's car smashed into the rear of the huge truck. Somehow, the impact broke his driver's seat, and my father was cast immediately backward into a flat position, as though he were on a stretcher. The top of his car, as his car slid and lodged under the truck, was sheered off. When a rescue machine lifted the back of the 18-wheeler, my father walked out unharmed.

In the Fairfax courtroom today, at three minutes before 5 p.m., the survivor of the 2005 sexual marauder was excused from the stand, and she walked out of the courtroom unharmed.

Collisions screeched in that room all day.

Some of the collisions were silent, internal: Dan Harrington seeing Jesse Matthew for the first time. Dan and Gil first seeing the victim, RG, for the first time, who has flown from India to testify bravely, a decade after her assault.

One little crash was proximal. Separated by twelve inches, Gil Harrington and Jesse Matthew's mother, for the first time, made eye contact. Gil nodded, and the mother of the accused said "hello."

Other collisions hissed and clattered like oil fires and pan lids. These impacts were procedural: a photograph shown of RG's bloodied clothes; the admission that she had been a virgin, and that, until today, she had been too ashamed to say that yes, after his hand had penetrated her, so did his penis.

I believe that the three most jarring collisions in the courtroom have left many of us, though we watched from a distance today, aching.

1. The Defense attempted to counter the irrefutable fact that RG scratched the attacker and had his DNA under her fingernail with the hocus pocus possibility that it was just "touch DNA." Maybe Jesse and RG had just happened to pick up, for example, the same bag of potato chips that day, and an infinitesimal little DNA strand from Jesse Matthew leapt like an eager cricket from the chips to lodge right under RG's fingernail. That gymnast DNA, wow, was just coincidentally in the microscopic mood to do a Cirque du Soleil move.
This is the collision of beyond a reasonable doubt with fantasy.

2. The details of RG's assault were exposed for the first time, and none of us who care to invest in the work of Help Save the Next Girl can ever be prepared for the actual cinematic description of a sexual predator's attack. The man who attacked her picked her up as one would pick up an infant. He threw her onto the curb. He beat and beat and bloodied her. He strangled her. He was as violent as a man in a fight for his life, and as vicious and frenzied as the wildest things in our worst nightmares. She was covered in blood and nearly dead. This is the collision of coolly knowing a phrase, such as "attempted capital murder," and being viscerally empathetically sickened.

3. Dan and Gil Harrington sat through RG's testimony, hearing about this rampage of a furious predator. Jesse Matthew's parents heard the same story. Both sets of parents were approximately equidistant from the small, articulate woman testifying about what she survived and remembered well, and how she helped police know his face. This is the collision of the past and the present; of what we must know and what we must do.

Thanks to all of you who support the victims, their families, and this great and positive movement to refuse silence or non-participation and instead to steadfastly commit to Help Save the Next Girl.

In this thundering Season of Justice, we are all so grateful for your dignity, kindness, and love.

Jane Lillian Vance
Vice President, Help Save the Next Girl
and Morgan Harrington's professor in the last Spring of her life

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: September 15, 2015, 06:26:37 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/jesse-matthew-charged-in-murder-of-morgan-harringto/35290040

Jesse Matthew charged in murder of Morgan Harrington
POSTED: 06:20 PM EDT Sep 15, 2015    UPDATED: 06:41 PM EDT Sep 15, 2015

An Albemarle County grand jury has charged Jesse Matthew with the October 17, 2009 disappearance and death of Morgan Harrington.

Matthew is charged with first-degree murder and abduction with intent to defile.

He was served with the indictments on Tuesday. He will make his first appearance in the Albemarle County Circuit Court on Wednesday at 12:45 p.m.

The maximum penalty for each offense is life in prison.

KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #649 on: September 15, 2015, 06:51:40 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/jesse-matthew-charged-in-murder-of-morgan-harringto/35290040

Jesse Matthew charged in murder of Morgan Harrington
POSTED: 06:20 PM EDT Sep 15, 2015    UPDATED: 06:41 PM EDT Sep 15, 2015

An Albemarle County grand jury has charged Jesse Matthew with the October 17, 2009 disappearance and death of Morgan Harrington.

Matthew is charged with first-degree murder and abduction with intent to defile.

He was served with the indictments on Tuesday. He will make his first appearance in the Albemarle County Circuit Court on Wednesday at 12:45 p.m.

The maximum penalty for each offense is life in prison.

YES!! Finally justice for Morgan.

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: September 15, 2015, 07:27:20 PM »

Finally!   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: September 15, 2015, 10:04:15 PM »

The Harrington's will never, ever have their girl back, but hopefully they will be able to see justice done as close as can be here on Earth and they will  know that the one who murdered her can no longer harm another innocent.  I'm sad the Harrington's will have to relive the pain and ache of Morgan's brutal murder, but I think these parents will be ready and will get through trial, as it's the last they can do for their beloved daughter. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #652 on: September 16, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »

The Harrington's will never, ever have their girl back, but hopefully they will be able to see justice done as close as can be here on Earth and they will  know that the one who murdered her can no longer harm another innocent.  I'm sad the Harrington's will have to relive the pain and ache of Morgan's brutal murder, but I think these parents will be ready and will get through trial, as it's the last they can do for their beloved daughter. 

Morning Muffy Bee and fellow Monkeys.

Very happy to hear this news this morning, was thinking about Hannah yesterday and praying for her family.  I am so happy to see some justice for the Harrington's!  Not the same as having their beautiful daughter with them of course.  But I am glad they are not the forgotten case.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #653 on: September 16, 2015, 11:04:44 AM »

Was wondering if anyone here knew, I know they have consistently mentioned the shirt.  Does anyone know if some of the jewelry/other articles of Morgan's were found in JLM's apartment last year when they went to question him about Hannah???

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: September 16, 2015, 08:28:59 PM »

Was wondering if anyone here knew, I know they have consistently mentioned the shirt.  Does anyone know if some of the jewelry/other articles of Morgan's were found in JLM's apartment last year when they went to question him about Hannah???

Hi Sleeks - good to see you.  I don't know the answer to your question but Blink might.  I'll see if I can reach her and ask.  I'll post back here if I hear anything. 
Irish Monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #655 on: September 17, 2015, 11:09:36 AM »

Praise God!   

"Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes."  ~ Maggie Kuhn
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #656 on: September 17, 2015, 06:38:24 PM »

Morgan Harrington Killing: Jesse Matthew Charged in Death of Student

by Daniella Silva
Sep 17 2015, 4:39

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/morgan-harrington-disappearance-jesse-matthew-charged-death-virginia-tech-student-n429371

Six years after Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington went missing at a concert and was later found dead, the suspect in the killing of another local student has been charged with her abduction and murder. 

Interview with Morgan's mother Gil.

2 4 1
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #657 on: September 18, 2015, 08:00:49 AM »

Murder charges brought in Morgan Harrington case
By Sara Sargent

updated11:05 AM EDT, Thu September 17, 2015

•Accused killer of UVA student Hannah Graham indicted for another murder
 •Police: Suspect 'forensically linked' to murder & abduction of Morgan Harrington in 2009
 •Harrington’s mother on suspect: 'He is like a different species'

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2015/09/17/morgan-harrington-jesse-matthew-charged

Just two days after the one-year anniversary of University of Virginia sophomore Hannah Graham’s disappearance, the man charged in her slaying and abduction has been handed another set of murder charges in the disappearance and death of Morgan Dana Harrington, police said. 

On Tuesday, Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. was served with two indictments in the Morgan Harrington case. The maximum penalty for each of those offenses is life in prison, though the charge of capital murder in Graham's case could carry a death penalty.

Matthew was linked forensically to the Harrington case in Nov. 2014, police announced, but he has not been formally charged until now.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #658 on: September 21, 2015, 08:11:10 PM »

Podcast of Coy Barefoot's interview with Gil Harrington at the link

http://insidecville.com/city/gil-harrington/

Gil Harrington

Posted on Sep 16, 2015

GUEST: Gil Harrington is the founder of Help Save The Next Girl, and the mother of 20-year old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington who was abducted and murdered in Central Virginia in 2009. She joins Coy to discuss the news that broke last night that Jesse Matthew had been indicted for Morgan’s murder. Matthew has also been indicted for the abduction and murder of Hannah Graham in 2014.

ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE: Wednesday, September 16, 2015.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:12:41 PM by texasmom » Logged

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #659 on: September 22, 2015, 10:42:18 AM »

Podcast of Coy Barefoot's interview with Gil Harrington at the link

http://insidecville.com/city/gil-harrington/

Gil Harrington

Posted on Sep 16, 2015

GUEST: Gil Harrington is the founder of Help Save The Next Girl, and the mother of 20-year old Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington who was abducted and murdered in Central Virginia in 2009. She joins Coy to discuss the news that broke last night that Jesse Matthew had been indicted for Morgan’s murder. Matthew has also been indicted for the abduction and murder of Hannah Graham in 2014.

ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE: Wednesday, September 16, 2015.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.