March 18, 2024, 08:12:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morgan Dana Harrington #2 7/1/10 -  (Read 726783 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #660 on: September 22, 2015, 05:12:00 PM »

Don't miss tonight's Dana Pretzer Show at 9pm ET

Click on the link below at 9pm ET to listen to the show!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #661 on: October 02, 2015, 11:42:55 PM »

http://m.wdbj7.com/news/nation/3-life-sentences-for-jesse-matthew-in-2005-assault-case/35624436

3 life sentences for Jesse Matthew in 2005 assault case
Author: By Greg Botelho and Sarah Jorgensen CNN
Published On: Oct 02 2015 05:14:23 PM EDT   Updated On: Oct 02 2015 08:25:27 PM EDT

(CNN) -

Jesse Matthew still must await his fate in connection to the disappearance and death of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham. But whatever happens there, he now looks set to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

A judge sentenced Matthew, 33, to three life sentences Friday for a 2005 incident in which grabbed a 26-year-old woman as she was returning from a Fairfax, Virginia, grocery store and sexually assaulted her, the county's Commonwealth Attorney Raymond Morrogh told CNN.

That includes a capital murder charge -- which could carry a death sentence -- in the September 2014 disappearance and death of the 18-year-old Graham. The skull and bones of the college sophomore were found the next month on abandoned property about 8 miles from where she was last seen in Charlottesville's Downtown Mall area.

And earlier this month, prosecutors revealed that a grand jury had also indicted Matthew on first-degree murder and abduction with the intent to defile charges in the case of Morgan Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student who went missing in October 2009.

That victim's mother, Gil Harrington, was in court for Matthew's sentencing Friday in the 2005 case. She expressed satisfaction that the judge chose to impose the maximum penalty possible, while acknowledging nothing can ever salve her family's suffering.

"Every vortex of pain and suffering reverts back to Jesse Matthew, who has caused this and the repercussions of this," Gil Harrington said. "They will go through generations of his family just as they will go through our family." Matthew has not yet been convicted of wrongdoing in the Harrington case.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: October 02, 2015, 11:52:32 PM »

http://www.wset.com/story/30171168/update-jesse-matthew-scheduled-to-be-sentenced-today

BREAKING: Jesse Matthew receives 3 life terms, to be served consecutively
Posted: Oct 02, 2015 8:30 AM CST

FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) -- Jesse Matthew Jr., charged with the murders of college students Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington, has been sentenced to three life prison terms for a sexual assault on a woman a decade ago in northern Virginia.

The Charlottesville, Virginia, man was sentenced Friday in Fairfax for attempted capital murder and sexual assault of a woman in 2005. The judge ordered the sentences to be served consecutively at Friday's sentencing.

DNA evidence collected from Matthew during last year's investigation of Graham's disappearance linked him to the Fairfax County case.

His trial in the Hannah Graham case is set for July. He faces a possible death sentence there.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: October 17, 2015, 02:54:14 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/SaveTheNextGirl/photos/a.663014700390060.1073741826.278701238821410/1051605078197685/?type=3

Help Save The Next Girl
2 hrs ·
On this sixth anniversary of Morgan's murder, ribbons: purple for Morgan, white for RG, and orange for Hannah. Gil and Dan Harrington on the bridge in Charlottesville where Morgan was last seen alive.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: October 17, 2015, 03:04:53 PM »

http://wsls.com/2015/10/05/crime-and-legal-experts-weigh-in-on-jesse-matthews-future-jury-trials/

Crime and legal experts weigh in on Jesse Matthew’s future jury trials

By Ananda Rochita - Reporter
Published: October 5, 2015, 6:09 pm  Updated: October 5, 2015, 11:04 pm

The mother of one of Matthew’s alleged victims, Gil Harrington, said she does not want the case of her daughter’s murder to go to trial. She believes a trial would be excessive considering the sentence Matthew already received.

“To spend the next year and a half in trials for Morgan after there’s already a life sentence on board seems excessive,” Harrington explaind. “I’d rather direct that energy to some forward-motions.”

Harrington said she wants closure in the form of a plea deal.

“If his lawyers and his family are ready to stop this tug-of-war, I’m ready to stop this tug-of-war too, because it’s exhausting,” Harrington said. “It’s emotionally and physically draining.”

Dr. Burke said Harrington’s wishes may not be granted. He said the cases will likely end up in trial.

“Sometimes prosecutors will listen to it, but at this point it’s at the state’s hand because it goes beyond the family, and it goes to the whole community as well,” Dr. Burke explained.

Matthew is set to go on trial for the murder of Hannah Graham in July, 2016 and for the murder of Morgan Harrington in October, 2016.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: October 17, 2015, 06:55:20 PM »

http://wsls.com/2015/10/05/crime-and-legal-experts-weigh-in-on-jesse-matthews-future-jury-trials/

Crime and legal experts weigh in on Jesse Matthew’s future jury trials

By Ananda Rochita - Reporter
Published: October 5, 2015, 6:09 pm  Updated: October 5, 2015, 11:04 pm

The mother of one of Matthew’s alleged victims, Gil Harrington, said she does not want the case of her daughter’s murder to go to trial. She believes a trial would be excessive considering the sentence Matthew already received.

“To spend the next year and a half in trials for Morgan after there’s already a life sentence on board seems excessive,” Harrington explaind. “I’d rather direct that energy to some forward-motions.”

Harrington said she wants closure in the form of a plea deal.

“If his lawyers and his family are ready to stop this tug-of-war, I’m ready to stop this tug-of-war too, because it’s exhausting,” Harrington said. “It’s emotionally and physically draining.”

Dr. Burke said Harrington’s wishes may not be granted. He said the cases will likely end up in trial.

“Sometimes prosecutors will listen to it, but at this point it’s at the state’s hand because it goes beyond the family, and it goes to the whole community as well,” Dr. Burke explained.

Matthew is set to go on trial for the murder of Hannah Graham in July, 2016 and for the murder of Morgan Harrington in October, 2016.

I can certainly get what Gil is saying.  My only fear is something happening in the future, like happened with Genene Jones, the nurse that was responsible for a number of infant and young children's deaths. She was convicted of killing  15 month old Chelsea McClellan and given 99 years for Chelsea's murder and another 60 for injuring another child.  I think everyone believed she would never see the outside of a prison. She may be out as soon as 2018.  From articles I've read, prosecutors and others are trying to find other case and enough evidence to bring her to trial for deaths of other children.  However, it's been a lot of years, evidence may have been lost, witnesses dead and etc.  I really hope Jesse Matthew will stay behind bars forever.  Is there any guarantee?  or can something happen like the case of Genene Jones?

Baby-killing Texas nurse set to walk free
By Randi Kaye, CNN
Updated 9:37 AM ET, Wed August 21, 2013

"For Chelsea's parents, the verdict was bitter sweet. Their daughter was gone but her killer would spend the rest of her life behind bars.

At least that's what they thought.

But it turns out, Jones is set to walk free in a matter of a few years.

She is scheduled to be released from prison as early as May 2018 because of an old Texas law designed to prevent prison overcrowding.

The Mandatory Release law allows inmates convicted of violent crimes between 1977 and 1987 to be automatically released if their "good behavior" credit plus their time served equals their sentence. The law was changed in 1987 to exclude violent criminals, but it isn't retroactive.

So now McClellan-Wiese and Andy Kahan, a victim's advocate for the city of Houston, are desperately trying to find other mothers whose babies may also have been killed by Jones.

A new conviction could keep her locked up."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: December 13, 2015, 04:06:33 PM »

Thinking of Morgan's family.

an angelic monkey

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: February 02, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »

http://www.richmond.com/news/virginia/article_b33980c8-3317-58b7-8b12-86f3cf245d16.html
Jesse Matthew appears in court for hearing in Morgan Harrington case
December 17, 2015

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr. was in Albemarle County Circuit Court for a hearing Thursday afternoon in the case of Morgan Harrington, the Virginia Tech student who went missing in October 2009 from a concert in Charlottesville. Her body was found three months later on a property in the county.
In court Thursday, Matthew’s defense asked for additional time to gather evidence and testimony in the Harrington case.
County prosecutor Denise Lunsford asked the judge to push the deadline to notify the defense about which “matters that would be relevant to sentencing that are not convictions” would be brought forward if the trial proceeds to the sentencing phase. That deadline is set for Dec. 31. Lunsford asked that it be pushed past Jan. 1, when a new prosecutor is set to take over the case.
Thursday marked Lunsford’s last appearance in court for the Harrington and Graham cases. In November, Robert Tracci unseated Lunsford in the race for Albemarle County commonwealth’s attorney and will take over the position Jan. 1. Tracci was sworn into the office earlier Thursday.
“Because new counsel will be coming into effect on Jan. 1, it was more appropriate that that notice be prepared by new counsel,” Lunsford said.
The matter was continued until Jan. 11, and on that day, the court will set a new deadline for that notice to be made. Judge Cheryl Higgins said that Jan. 11 will be an all-day hearing, in which other pretrial matters will be taken up.

Matthew also is facing a capital murder charge in the death of Hannah Graham, a University of Virginia student who went missing in September 2014. Her body also was found on a vacant county property, roughly six miles from where Harrington’s remains were located.
Because of this new schedule, a previously set hearing Jan. 5 in the Graham case has been canceled.
Matthew currently is set to face a jury trial from July 5 to July 29 in the Graham case, and then another jury starting Oct. 24 in the Harrington case. The 34-year-old already received three life sentences last October in a Fairfax court in a 2005 sexual assault. Months before, he pleaded guilty to abduction, sexual assault and attempted murder in the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #668 on: February 02, 2016, 08:56:02 PM »

http://wtvr.com/2015/12/17/jesse-matthew-lawyers-need-more-time-in-morgan-harrington-case/
‘I want him to see us,’ Morgan Harrington’s mom says; Jesse Matthew appears in court
December 17, 2015

At a status hearing for the 2009 murder of the Virginia Tech student, Matthew's defense said they were just getting into the discovery phase of the case. As a result, no motions were filed Thursday or future hearings set

Judge Cheryl Higgins granted a Commonwealth motion in the capital murder case of second year University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, on a day Commonwealth’s Attorney Denise Lunsford will most likely call her last in court for these cases against Matthew.

“The Commonwealth had a notice that was due December 31 to notify the defense of what prior bad acts, or unadjudicated conduct would be presented at sentencing against Mr. Matthew and because new counsel will be coming in effective January 1, it was more appropriate that notice be prepared by new counsel,” said Albemarle County Commonwealth’s Attorney Denise Lunsford.

That new counsel, Robert Tracci, was sworn in Thursday and present for the 15 minute hearing, along with Matthew’s father and former girlfriend.

Matthew returns to court Jan. 11 for an all day hearing in the Hannah Graham case. A Jan. 5 hearing in the case was cancelled.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: February 02, 2016, 08:57:09 PM »

http://www.wdbj7.com/video/docs-for-morgan-game-raises-money-for-scholarships/37715870
Docs for Morgan game raises money for scholarships
POSTED: 07:00 PM EST Jan 28, 2016    UPDATED: 05:59 PM EST Jan 29, 2016

Video

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: February 02, 2016, 08:59:44 PM »

http://wset.com/news/local/morgan-harringtons-parents-remember-tragedy-6-years-ago-today
Morgan Harrington's Parents Remember Tragedy 6 Years Ago Today
January 26, 2016

Charlottesville, VA - Today marks a sad anniversary for the family of Morgan Harrington.

Six years ago an Albemarle County man discovered Morgan's remains on his property.

Morgan's parents, Dan and Gil Harrington, released a statement today along with this picture of the family.

"Gil and I want to thank each of you who has helped us on this difficult journey," the statement reads.

Morgan Harrington went missing in 2009 from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Jesse Matthew is charged with her murder and is currently awaiting trial.

Photo and family's full statement at link

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #671 on: February 09, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »

Thanks for the update Muffy.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: February 16, 2016, 04:46:43 AM »

Thanks for the update Muffy.

You're welcome Sister.  Morgan's family has been through so much. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: February 29, 2016, 03:49:26 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh/photos/a.148778025267228.44973.148022182009479/776284192516605/?type=1&theater

Parker Slaybaugh 8News
Like This Page · 38 mins ·

BREAKING: Jesse Matthew Jr. expected to enter a guilty plea agreement Wednesday to resolve both the Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington case.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #674 on: February 29, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/prosecutor-man-to-plead-guilty-to-2-students-slaying/ar-BBqatGP?ocid=spartanntp

Prosecutor: Man to plead guilty to 2 students' slaying

Associated Press 
Associated Press
 Get the app 

1 hr ago

RICHMOND, Va. — A former hospital worker is expected to plead guilty in the high-profile slayings of two college students in Virginia, a prosecutor said Monday.

Albemarle County Commonwealth's Attorney Robert Tracci announced the plea agreements in Jesse LeRoy Matthew Jr.'s cases in a brief news release. Matthew is due in Albemarle County Circuit Court on Wednesday. Details of the agreement were withheld "in the interest of protecting the integrity of the judicial process," Tracci wrote.

Matthew is charged with murder in the deaths of 18-year-old Hannah Graham and 20-year-old Morgan Harrington. Without the plea agreement, he could have faced the death penalty in the Graham case had he been convicted at trial. He's already serving life in prison for a sexual assault in Fairfax County.

2 4 1
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: March 02, 2016, 06:24:13 PM »

Jesse LeRoy Matthews Jr. plea agreement read:

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Jesse-Matthew/645927608839699?source=whrt&position=4&trqid=6257606277127949088

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #676 on: March 04, 2016, 09:10:26 AM »

Wanted to pop on here to say The Commonwealth's Atty Tracci did a masterful job in securing this plea deal.  While it was reached after a series of motion failures by the defense,  if these prosecutions went to trial it would have been a further brutal and merciless nightmare for the Graham and Harrington families.

That said- I also wish to remind everyone this defendant was raping women and ultimately murdering or attempting to for over 15 years undetected.  We need to be vigilant in teaching our daughters important and vital safety measures on campus- and off.  Starting with a buddy system that NEVER allows one to go off on their own regardless of circumstances, PERIOD.

Had that been employed here, these women would be alive today.   This predator was hunting young, compromised women who were vulnerable and alone.  He found them and they paid with their lives.

God bless everyone who advocated for these women and their families over the years.  2 4 1
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #677 on: March 23, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »

Wanted to pop on here to say The Commonwealth's Atty Tracci did a masterful job in securing this plea deal.  While it was reached after a series of motion failures by the defense,  if these prosecutions went to trial it would have been a further brutal and merciless nightmare for the Graham and Harrington families.

That said- I also wish to remind everyone this defendant was raping women and ultimately murdering or attempting to for over 15 years undetected.  We need to be vigilant in teaching our daughters important and vital safety measures on campus- and off.  Starting with a buddy system that NEVER allows one to go off on their own regardless of circumstances, PERIOD.

Had that been employed here, these women would be alive today.   This predator was hunting young, compromised women who were vulnerable and alone.  He found them and they paid with their lives.

God bless everyone who advocated for these women and their families over the years.  2 4 1

Blink -- I so agree!
What was the title of that book you recommended young adults read?

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: August 09, 2019, 02:10:16 PM »

BBM  from article

Gil Harrington -- "This is justice and perhaps karma."

Murderer Jesse Matthew gives jailhouse interview: ‘I stepped away from Christ for awhile’
POSTED 11:36 PM, MAY 22, 2019, BY LAURA FRENCH AND WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 11:12AM, MAY 23, 2019
https://wtvr.com/2019/05/22/i-stepped-away-from-christ-for-ahwile-murderer-jesse-matthew-gives-jailhouse-interview-after-cancer-diagnosis/

“Some of the questions I probably won’t answer,” Matthew explained. “Some things to deal and process I am still going through. It might take a couple interviews before just to be straight up with you.”

However, Matthew did share that he was ill.

“I just now found out that I have cancer,” Matthew said.
more and vid @ link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #679 on: August 09, 2019, 02:12:44 PM »

Killer Jesse Matthew has cancer; will receive treatment in Richmond-area
POSTED 5:55 PM, MAY 21, 2019, BY MIKE BERGAZZI AND LAURA FRENCH, UPDATED AT 11:16PM, MAY 21, 2019
https://wtvr.com/2019/05/21/jesse-matthew-cancer/

RICHMOND, Va. -- Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., the man responsible for murdering Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington and University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, has been diagnosed with cancer. The 37-year-old inmate has been moved from Red Onion State Prison in Wise County to Sussex I State Prison in Waverly, so he could receive medical treatment.

The transfer occurred Monday.
more and vid @ link

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.