April 23, 2024, 01:07:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Year Old Maurice Brown Jr. Reported Missing 7/1/12-Body Found in Dumpster  (Read 3310 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 04, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/03/missing-toddler-found-dead-in-dumpster/?intcmp=trending
Missing toddler found dead in dumpster
July 4, 2012

MEMPHIS, Tenn. –  A 3-year-old boy who disappeared Sunday from his father's Memphis home was found dead in a nearby dumpster Tuesday, MyFoxMemphis reports.

Police confirmed the body found was that of Maurice Brown Jr., who was reported missing by his father from his home a few miles away.

Maurice Brown Sr. reportedly told police he fell asleep for a few hours Sunday evening, and when he awoke his son was gone and the door was open. He claimed the child had been kidnapped.

However, a police affidavit contradicted his account. A witness told police that he saw Brown Sr. leaving his apartment with a child draped over his right shoulder and walk toward a parking lot on the north side of the apartment building between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. Sunday, according to the affidavit.

Police say they found evidence of spattered and pooled blood in the man's bathroom that was consistent with a beating. Police also found a white piece of cloth with blood on it, the affidavit said.

"Based upon the age of the missing child, and the blood evidence in the bathroom, which is consistent with blunt force trauma, the affiant has probable cause to believe that the child has sustained serious bodily injury," said the affidavit, signed by homicide detective Darren Goods.

Maurice Brown, Sr., was charged with child neglect or endangerment on Monday night. He is now in jail and could face additional charges.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:01:07 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57466398-504083/missing-memphis-boy-maurice-brown-jr.s-body-found-in-dumpster/
Missing Memphis boy Maurice Brown, Jr.'s body found in dumpster
July 4, 2012

(CBS) MEMPHIS, Tenn. - The body of missing three-year-old boy Maurice Brown Jr., was found in a Memphis dumpster Tuesday afternoon, according to police.

CBS affiliate WREG reports that the boy's father, Maurice Brown Sr., was arrested Monday on charges of aggravated child neglect and endangerment charges. Blood evidence was found in Brown's apartment that appeared consistent with a beating, according to a police affidavit.

Memphis Police Department Director Toney Armstrong Tuesday told the station that it is possible that Brown may face serious charges as the investigation develops.
Brown told police he napped for about two hours Sunday night and woke up to find a door open and his son gone. He also told police that he thought gang members took his son to retaliate against him, according to local station WMC-TV.

But according to CBS affiliate WREG, a witness told police that Brown left the apartment with a child draped over his shoulder at about 8:30 p.m. Sunday. The witness said the child was Maurice Jr.

The exact details will take some time to figure out, but police are starting to piece together evidence from both the dumpster and from Brown's apartment.
 ::snipping2::
The cause of death is still unknown. Police are awaiting a report from the medical examiner.

On Monday, the boy's mother, LaToya Kaeneh, said that she believed Maurice Brown was fully responsible for whatever happened to their son, "Junior."

Kaeneh told WREG that she brought Junior to Memphis from Arkansas in May so he could be with his father for the summer.

Lenora Page, Junior's maternal grandmother, was very upset Monday night, and predicted Brown's involvement with her grandson's disappearance.

Page alluded to a violent past: "Maurice was getting angrier and angrier. And I told Toya."

She may be referring to the time Brown may have beat Kaeneh on Valentine's Day of 2010, according to an affidavit. Those charges were dropped.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 04:02:38 PM »

http://www.dnj.com/viewart/20120704/NEWS/307040026/News-briefs-from-around-Tennessee?odyssey=nav|head
News briefs from around Tennessee
July 4, 2012

Body found in Memphis is that of missing boy

MEMPHIS – Memphis police said Tuesday that the body of a child found in a large trash bin is a 3-year-old boy who had been reported missing by his father two days earlier.

Authorities said the boy’s father was being held on $1 million bond and faces charges in the case.

Police Director Toney Armstrong said authorities on Tuesday identified the body as Maurice Brown Jr., who was reported missing by his father on Sunday night. The body was found in a blue trash bin behind an apartment building more than a mile from where the boy had been staying with his father, Maurice Brown Sr.

The cause of death is still under investigation, and Armstrong would not reveal details of the body’s condition.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 07:55:16 PM »

How sad.  Reminds me of Ethan Stacy.
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7800.0

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »

Poor little guy. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »

Poor little guy. 

an angelic monkey So sad...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 05:34:58 AM »

Agreed.  Another child's life being used for the "rights" of another.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.