March 28, 2024, 10:38:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragan Rnic 56, missing 11/30/09 Las Vegas, NV(Found Deceased)  (Read 13556 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 28, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »

Police: Foul play possible in missing persons case

Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2010 | 5:10 p.m.

Metro Police are searching for a 56-year-old man who was reported missing Dec. 8, 2009, after his vehicle was found abandoned between Las Vegas and Pahrump. Investigators who were working it as a missing persons case believe foul play might be involved.

Dragan Rnic was last seen on Nov. 30, 2009, driving a white 2003 Honda Odyssey minivan with no license plates. Police said Rnic’s car was found Dec. 2 one mile east of Mountain Springs on the north side of State Road 160 near mile marker 20.

Rnic is described as 6-foot-1 with a medium complexion, green eyes, and black and gray hair. He is of Yugoslavian decent.

Anyone with information is being asked to call Metro's Missing Persons Detail at (702) 828-2907 or Crime Stoppers at (702) 385-5555.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:47:09 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 12:11:11 PM »

Weird.....this looks like a younger version of the missing man. Has the same name...a Son perhaps?
http://www.myspace.com/djr3693

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »

So someone else must be logging into his myspace....
http://www.myspace.com/456710983

Vegas cops recreating scene with missing man's van

February 2, 2010 7:15 AM ET

LAS VEGAS (AP) - Las Vegas police are going the unusual step of recreating a crime scene off a highway outside the city as part of an investigation of the December disappearance of a 56-year-old businessman.

Police say Dragan Rnic (DRAG'-in REN'-ick) was reported missing Dec. 8.

But his van was found Dec. 2, abandoned off State Route 160 about 20 miles from Las Vegas. That's not far from Mountain Springs.

On Tuesday, missing persons investigators will put a similar van in the same spot and talk with media from Las Vegas and Pahrump about the case.

Detective Dan Holley says investigators think Rnic met with foul play.

They hope the publicity will help someone realize he or she knows something that could help find him.

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=11917599

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 06:58:08 PM »

Police recreate possible crime scene in probe of missing man

Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2010 | 3:26 p.m.
Metro Police are searching for a 56-year-old man reported missing Dec. 8, 2009, and detectives are asking for the public’s help in developing leads. Investigators who were working the disappearance as a missing persons case now believe foul play might be involved.

Dragan Rnic was last seen Dec. 1 driving a white 2003 Honda Odyssey minivan with no license plates. Police said Rnic’s car was found abandoned the next day one mile east of Mountain Springs on the north side of State Road 160 near mile marker 20.

Police on Tuesday recreated the possible crime scene on State Route 160. Metro Police Sgt. Tom Wagner said officers want to encourage citizens to come forward with any information.

Wagner said Rnic was driving to Las Vegas from Pahrump when he lost control of the car, causing the vehicle to enter the left ditch and turn sideways. Rain or icy conditions could have been factors in the one-car crash, police said.

Police put red paint marks in the ditch and on the road where Rnic had lost control of the car.

“The key to this case is that someone driving might have got the person out of the car,” Wagner said. “To get to Pahrump or Las Vegas is a long way to walk.”

Metro Police spokesman Bill Cassell said it's likely someone saw Rnic spin out and stopped to check on him.

“Someone on this road possesses knowledge they don’t know they possess,” Cassell said.

Authorities are reviewing Rnic’s cell phone records and have spoken to several family members.

Rnic is described as 6-foot-1 with a medium complexion, green eyes, and black and gray hair. He is of Yugoslavian descent.

Anyone with information is being asked to call Metro's Missing Persons Detail at (702) 828-2907 or Crime Stoppers at (702) 385-5555.

4 more photos at link
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/feb/02/police-recreate-possible-crime-scene-probe-missing/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »

Police believe body found in desert is that of missing man
By Gregan Wingert (contact)

Friday, Jan. 6, 2012 | 6:53 p.m.

Metro Police say they believe a body found in October in the desert is that of Dragon Rnic Sr., who has been missing since 2009, and his death is being considered a homicide.

The body was found in the desert east of Mountain Springs, about 14 miles southwest of the Las Vegas Valley, police said.

::snipping2::
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/jan/06/police-believe-body-found-desert-missing-man/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 01:10:46 PM »

Now Mr. Rnic can be laid to rest.   My condolences to his family and friends.    I hope there will be justice for him.  
 an angelic monkey

Self-Edit
(I was reading back again, and I now realize the identity of the remains have not been officially identified and released.  I apologize.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:24:49 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 01:20:45 PM »

Weird.....this looks like a younger version of the missing man. Has the same name...a Son perhaps?
http://www.myspace.com/djr3693

DJR so I'd say yes..the son
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 03:15:27 PM »

http://**/news/cold-case-now-ruled-as-homicide-in-clark-county-136855188.html

another link to follow

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 06:18:49 PM »

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/16466263/2-year-old-missing-person-case-reclassified-as-homicide

2-year-old missing person case reclassified as homicide
Posted: Jan 06, 2012 5:39 PM PST Updated: Jan 06, 2012 5:53 PM PST
Posted By Craig Huber, Web Managing Editor - email

Blazenko Jurasek (LVMPD) Blazenko Jurasek (LVMPD)

Dragon Rnic, Sr. (LVMPD) Dragon Rnic, Sr. (LVMPD)
LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

A missing person case from more than two years ago has now been classified as a homicide and police have a suspect.

Back on Dec. 8, 2009, Metro police began investigating the disappearance of 56-year-old Dragon Rnic, Sr. Rnic was last seen on Dec. 1 driving a white Honda Odyssey mini-van.

The abandoned vehicle was located the next day on the side of the State Route 160 near mile marker 20.

In October of 2011, a body was discovered in the desert near where the van had been found. While the Clark County Coroner's Office has yet to release the identity and cause of death for the deceased, it is believed to be Rnic.

Police have named Blazenko Jurasek as a suspect in Rnic's disappearance and probable murder.
 ::snipping2::

BLAZENKO JURASEK

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 11:11:47 AM »

Still listed as missing at NaMus
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/8523/0/   apparently no positive ID yet, unreal.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 11:14:09 AM »

Porchlight has him moved to located/identified   http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=55754&st=0&

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »

Porchlight has him moved to located/identified   http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=55754&st=0&

Looks like this thread should be moved to "Missing Found Deceased" .  I'll go ahead and move it Nut.  MB

Dragon Rnic Sr

Body Of Missing Person Found In Vegas Desert
Las Vegas police say the body of a 56-year-old man who was last seen more than two years ago has been found near a rural desert road.

KXNT Newsradio–2012/01/07
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/tag/dragon-rnic-sr/

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »

I thought so, but wasn't sure if it was time......ty.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 07:20:27 AM »

Anything new on Jurasek?  Gracious, hopefully "my" new computer will be installed this week and I can look also.

RIP Mr. Rnic.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.