April 25, 2024, 02:40:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #829 2/14/10 - 2/25/10  (Read 548979 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1400 on: February 23, 2010, 01:02:11 PM »

Blah, I hope Paulus was really dead as evidently Anita just had him cremated in Boxtel but you never know with those wacky Arubans.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1401 on: February 23, 2010, 01:12:48 PM »

Keepthefaith, Magnolia, NCMike, klaasend, MAca, cw618, ksupon, Frank, cajun miracle, Anna, camochance, blah and 34 Guests

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1402 on: February 23, 2010, 01:14:57 PM »

Not sure if there is another interview or if Thai media has it wrong:

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/van-der-sloot-gives-interview-after-dads-death_100325207.html

Van der Sloot Gives Interview After Dad’s Death
February 24th, 2010 - 12:38 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason

Joran van der Sloot Aruba Feb 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The father of Joran van der Sloot, Paulus van der Sloot,57 died February 11, unexpectedly. He fell dead while playing tennis Joran is the main suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Halloway in 2005. Paulus played a huge part in the case, and some fear the truth has died with him. This is because Joran van der Sloot in yet another confession in 2008, released a chip from his cellphone detailing information about the Natalee, during three different phone conversations with his now deceased dad. In an interview for FOX News which can be seen below, van der Sloot was asked what he wants out of all this.

“I guess for it just all to be over, that’s it, just for me to be able to get on with everything and feel okay, that’s what I ultimately want out of it, and I know of you guys look into this that you’re gonna find out, I think, definitely with everything I gave, you’re gonna stumble across something that will get you more answers, I am sure about it, I know it” That was two years ago and we still do not know what happened to Natalee. Joran has, however, reportedly confessed yet again. The prosecutor, Peter Blanken does not believe the story. “We tried to verify it,” Blanken said. “It couldn’t be true. We talked with several witnesses and reviewed several facts. The story is unbelievable and not true, in my opinion.”

He said his office asked van der Sloot “we’d like him to come in and speak with us about it. He failed to respond.” When he was asked why van der Sloot gave the interview, Blanken said, “You should ask him. Maybe he wanted to be on camera or make some money.”

Joran van der Sloot is the chief suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Hollaway, the teenage girl from Alabama who vanished while on her senior trip to Aruba on May 30, 2005. Having previously confessed to dumping her body in a marsh, van der Sloot is believed by authorities to making some of his story up to confuse the evidence. in his former confession, ven der Sloot swore that he had nothing to do with Natalee’s death, but did hide the body in a marsh in Aruba. He also claimed in yet another confession that he had dumped the body at sea.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1403 on: February 23, 2010, 01:15:28 PM »

Could the pond next to the Racquet Ball Club be where Natalee Holloway was temporarily placed following her demise?  This is the location where the gardener, the jogger and another witness claimed to have observered Deepak's vehicle.  Also ... in their witness/suspect statements Joran and Paulus both placed themselves at this location on the evening of May 30, 2005.  Joran claimed he played a game of tennis but ... an investigation by Art Wood revealed otherwise.

Following an sexual assault at the van der Sloot residence ... could the plan have been to take a drugged Natalee to the beach where she would sleep it off ... make her way back to the hotel in time to pack and ... catch her flight home to Alabama with no recollection of the happenings of the previous night.  However ... Natalee died from an apparent seizure in Deepak's vehicle prior to arriving at the beach .....

Janet

+++++++

ORANJESTAD, Aruba, July 27, 2005
Pond Search Continues In Aruba
Holloway Family's Lawyer Says New Witness Prompted Hunt

A lawyer for Holloway's mother and stepfather said the search was prompted by a witness who came forward last week and reported seeing three young men, including a Dutch youth who has been detained in the case, near the pond on the night of the teenager's disappearance.

The witness told investigators that he saw Joran van der Sloot, 17, and two Surinamese brothers driving near the pond on May 30 between 2:30 and 3 a.m. a time they previously told investigators they were already home said the attorney, Vinda de Sousa.

"They consider the witness to be very credible," said the family's attorney, who said she receives regular updates on the case from investigators.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/07/27/world/main712230.shtml

Aruba pond drained in search for teen
Sources: Gardener saw suspects the night girl disappeared
Wednesday, July 27, 2005; Posted: 4:51 p.m. EDT (20:51 GMT)

PALM BEACH, Aruba (CNN) -- Investigators in Aruba said Wednesday they expect to finish draining a catch basin "within 24 hours" for clues that may lead them to missing Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway.

The pond is next to a racquet club and across the road from the beach where two brothers told police they dropped off Holloway and their friend early May 30, the day she disappeared.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/07/27/aruba.missing/index.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1404 on: February 23, 2010, 01:16:02 PM »

I am surprised that the news of Paulus' death didn't make it to C&G. 

Capslockwizard didn't keep them posted on all that?

Monkey Devil!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

BamaMonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1405 on: February 23, 2010, 01:18:09 PM »

Keepthefaith, Magnolia, NCMike, klaasend, MAca, cw618, ksupon, Frank, cajun miracle, Anna, camochance, blah and 34 Guests

I'm back... trying to learn what is going on about Joran interview.
Apparently, there is no real break here.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1406 on: February 23, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »

I'm back... trying to learn what is going on about Joran interview.
Apparently, there is no real break here.

Hello BamaMonkey..The Ol'Sporter up to his old tricks!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1407 on: February 23, 2010, 01:21:53 PM »

I did ask someone in the Netherlands what Joran's exact word was and they told me it is marsh or swamp and not pond.

But would Joran call what is called a pond by some a marsh?  He likely knew it had a dry season and so might call the Monserette thing a marsh because of that.

Also there is nothing on the RLT schedule that I can see that says any more is forthcoming from Joran.  Here is a link to their schedule.  Anyone else see anything about him there?

There you can find the RTL Germany programm for this week.
http://www.rtl.de/fernsehprogramm

Heute = today
Mittwoch = Wednesday
Donnerstag = Thursday
Freitag = Friday

PERSONA NON GRATA

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1408 on: February 23, 2010, 01:39:56 PM »

When Kyle first disclosed the location of the pond - he gave the wrong coordinates - here is the first pond that he gave the lat and long for - he said this was mistaken.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1409 on: February 23, 2010, 01:40:42 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/16553/5/

much interest internacional for news of joran van der sloot
tuesday, 23 february 2010 - 14:03

the news cu joran van der sloot owing to go back confesa in prensa dutch is halando very atencion of prensa internacional. ministerio publico have his hands complete for atende cu questions for of all part of world. click read more for more info. "for of 3or of marduga but cuminsa ricibi call of prensa mericano", so vocero of ministerio publico owing to admiti at we. majority call is drentando for of prensa of merca but also of the netherlands relaciona cu the news cu owing to leave at the netherlands of cual is menciona cu posiblemente joran van der sloot owing to go back haci one declaracion in cual the is confesa of know more of the desaparicion of natalee holloway. ministerio publico self not know of nothing, entodo caso serca they never the young not owing to declara nothing! come across
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1410 on: February 23, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »

This just came up on the front page of AOL.com

David Lohr
 Contributor
(Feb. 23) 3 min ago -- Joran Van der Sloot, a longtime suspect in the disappearance of U.S. student Natalee Holloway, has allegedly made a second confession about disposing of her body. The confession reportedly came during an interview Van der Sloot gave to the German news agency RTL.

According to the news agency, Van der Sloot said that Holloway's body is hidden in a swamp in the Caribbean island of Aruba. He also allegedly told the agency he is afraid of being prosecuted for the crime.

These most recent revelations come nearly three years after Van der Sloot made a similar confession during an undercover operation by reporter Peter R. de Vries. In that confession, Van der Sloot was caught on camera saying that Holloway had died accidentally and that he had dumped her body at sea. Prosecutors later decided that confession did not constitute legal evidence because the statements were a mixture of "lies and fantasy."
The Natalee Holloway CaseFamily photo / AP4 photos   Natalee Holloway was 18 when she disappeared on May 30, 2005, while vacationing in Aruba. Her fate has been a mystery ever since. Authorities believe she is dead, but her body has not been found.(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)
http://xml.channel.aol.com/xmlpublisher/fetch.v2.xml?option=expand_relative_urls&dataUrlNodes=uiConfig,feedConfig,localizationConfig,entry&id=839271&pid=839270&uts=1266949895
http://www.aolcdn.com/ke/media_gallery/v1/ke_media_gallery_wrapper.swf
The Natalee Holloway Case
Natalee Holloway was 18 when she disappeared on May 30, 2005, while vacationing in Aruba. Her fate has been a mystery ever since. Authorities believe she is dead, but her body has not been found.
Family photo / AP
Family photo / AP

Chief prosecutor Peter Blanken told the Dutch newspaper Telegraaf that Van der Sloot might be giving false versions of the story in an attempt to hide the truth. Blanken did admit, however, that if Holloway was dumped in a swamp, "chances of finding her are extremely small."

Holloway went missing on May 30, 2005, during a graduation trip to Aruba. Van der Sloot was one of the last people to see her alive, and her body has never been found. The case received international media attention and sparked a made-for-TV movie by the Lifetime TV network.

Van der Sloot's father, attorney Paulus van der Sloot, unexpectedly died earlier this month while playing tennis. Police have long suspected that he may have had information about the case, but whatever knowledge he might have possessed went with him to the grave.

Van der Sloot is expected to give a second interview to RTL later this week.
Filed under: Crime

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1411 on: February 23, 2010, 01:43:18 PM »

Good afternoon Monkeys. I'm one of those guests lurking around!

I keep saying that although I read here, I don’t have anything to contribute.

Well, for what it’s worth -- I am guessing that Joran is in a mode of jurisdiction jumping when he gives these interviews. Other countries must have charges similar to Obtaining Money by False Pretense, or Fraud (intentional deception for personal gain). Just would be hard to nail him, since his False Statements For Hire are in different countries.

If only Assault by Arrogance were a crime … Or repeated lies were considered Obstruction of Justice.

I think, indisputably, what best characterizes Joran was throwing the wine at PvDF. “Arrogance” with a capital A. (Especially red wine!)

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1412 on: February 23, 2010, 01:47:31 PM »

I had noticed this earlier, KTF, and was thinking how funerals (& weddings) bring family together.......

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1413 on: February 23, 2010, 01:48:29 PM »

<snip>

I think, indisputably, what best characterizes Joran was throwing the wine at PdV. “Arrogance” with a capital A. (Especially red wine!)

Correcting initials for Peter de Vries - my fingers got jumbled!

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1414 on: February 23, 2010, 01:50:14 PM »

I had noticed this earlier, KTF, and was thinking how funerals (& weddings) bring family together.......
Touche!Despite the weather,sounds like ya made the best of the trip. an angelic monkey

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1415 on: February 23, 2010, 01:51:33 PM »

This was posted the day before the news broke (April 21, 2009) about Joran telling a new story to Jaap, and doing a poly test:

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/has-natalee-holloways-body-been-found_100182101.html
Has Natalee Holloway’s Body Been Found?
April 20th, 2009 - 5:04 pm ICT by GD  -

A flight attendant for American Airlines from Miami said that a sniffer dog was traveling from Miami to Aruba and the officer with the dog had said that the cadaver dog as going to search fr the remains of Natalee Holloway. The flight attendant who lives in Fort Lauderdale said, “They think they’ve found where Natalee Holloway’s remains are, and they’re taking the dog down to confirm that.
They’re not telling anybody because Aruba is trying to keep this quiet.”
Natalee Ann Holloway, born October 21, 1986 disappeared in Aruba during a high school graduation trip on May 30, 2005. She was supposed to fly home later on May 30 and her classmates had seen her for the last time outside Carlos’n'Charlie’s a restaurant and nightclub outside Orangestad in a car with locals Joran van der Sloot and Surinamese brothers Deepak and Satish Kalpoe. The three men had said later that they had dropped her off at her hotel and knew nothing more. Arrests followed and the Dutch government took up investigations after Aruba said that she was likely dead and that they had not found Holloway’s body. The American law enforcement was also closely involved with the investigations. No breakthrough has been achieved till date.
During the investigation, Police Commissioner Gerold Dompig revealed that there was “wild partying, a lot of drinking, lots of room switching every night. We know the Holiday Inn told them they weren’t welcome next year. Natalee, we know, she drank all day every day. We have statements she started every morning with cocktails—so much drinking that Natalee didn’t show up for breakfast two mornings.”

coinky dink?  probably not, IMO

Jen -

Not sure if its been mentioned yet or not, but this was also right at the time the Lifetime movie aired.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1416 on: February 23, 2010, 01:52:46 PM »

I saw 73 guests at one time.   That's as big as my family.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1417 on: February 23, 2010, 01:53:55 PM »

I keep saying that although I read here, I don’t have anything to contribute.

Well, for what it’s worth -- I am guessing that Joran is in a mode of jurisdiction jumping when he gives these interviews. Other countries must have charges similar to Obtaining Money by False Pretense, or Fraud (intentional deception for personal gain). Just would be hard to nail him, since his False Statements For Hire are in different countries.

If only Assault by Arrogance were a crime … Or repeated lies were considered Obstruction of Justice.

I think, indisputably, what best characterizes Joran was throwing the wine at PvDF. “Arrogance” with a capital A. (Especially red wine!)

Hi msmarple.  Yes arrogance and then some!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1418 on: February 23, 2010, 02:02:58 PM »

Keepthefaith, Nut44x4, Rob, camochance, BamaMonkey, Magnolia, Frijole, klaasend, Lifesong, Jennifer34, SuzieQ, Frank, NCMike, Patriot, BoxerDawg, msmarple and 34 Guests

We are family
I got all my monkey's with me
We are family
Get up everybody and sing

MOHANDAS GANDHI
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1419 on: February 23, 2010, 02:20:12 PM »

Posted at GM by GBMW:

Title: Re: Joran and The lie detector
Post by: GBMW on February 23, 2010, 09:57:07 AM

This is info from an official press release. The show (including the follow up talks) will be aired this Sunday on RTL5 at 20:30 (Alabama time this is -if I'm correct- 13:30)

VERKLARING JORAN VAN DER SLOOT ZONDAG BIJ RTL 5
RTL 5 heeft de hand weten te leggen op exclusief materiaal waarin Joran van der Sloot een nieuwe verklaring aflegt over de verdwijning van Natalee Holloway in 2005.

Programmadirecteur RTL 5, Remko van Westerloo: “Het interview is ons vorig jaar aangeboden. Onze eerste reactie was sceptisch. Wel vonden wij dat het interview aanleiding gaf tot grondig onderzoek. Wij hebben met verschillende experts gesproken en met de nodige critici. Daar is een opzienbarende special uit voortgekomen die wij zondag uitzenden en waar de kijker zelf een oordeel over mag vormen.”

De bevindingen uit het onderzoek, het originele interview met Joran van der Sloot en verschillende vervolggesprekken worden zondag 28 februari uitgezonden bij RTL 5.

Uitzending RTL 5: zondag 28 februari om 20.30 uur.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.