March 28, 2024, 08:11:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #829 2/14/10 - 2/25/10  (Read 547168 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1560 on: February 23, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »

Does anyone have a picture of Eric Somers?  I can't find one anywhere.

I need to know what the other bribees looks like. Monkey Devil!

I think he's the second from left shaking hands with DeWitt

Thanks, TM!

I guess there is no law against a polis officer taking a bribe in Aruba. Monkey Devil!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1561 on: February 23, 2010, 06:26:42 PM »

I believe this is his son, he is a limo driver:

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=edric+soemers&init=quick#!/profile.php?id=1221159586&ref=search&sid=1570897983.108917220..1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #1562 on: February 23, 2010, 06:28:47 PM »

Thanks, TM!

I guess there is no law against a polis officer taking a bribe in Aruba. Monkey Devil!

Nope, guess they just consider it one of the perks of the job!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1563 on: February 23, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »

Wow, I am speed reading trying to catch up.  Thank you everyone for all of the links and updates!  I wonder if this is why Tim is being quiet?

What a bizarre day - it's snowing right now here in NW Houston, TX!

Sharon, my old stopping grounds...NW Houston!

This is a crazy day period..... a search going on for Natalee in Aruba ...crazy
  Crazy for sure!  Thanks for all you do!  It's good to see everyone!  It's good to let Aruba know this will never go away. 

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
"Joran Vandersloot's evil world is slowly crashing down on his evil soul!"
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1564 on: February 23, 2010, 06:35:45 PM »

Wow, I am speed reading trying to catch up.  Thank you everyone for all of the links and updates!  I wonder if this is why Tim is being quiet?

What a bizarre day - it's snowing right now here in NW Houston, TX!

Sharon, my old stopping grounds...NW Houston!

This is a crazy day period..... a search going on for Natalee in Aruba ...crazy

Me too-Ponderosa Forest-27 years ago! FM1960-ah the hellish traffic!   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1565 on: February 23, 2010, 06:36:23 PM »

I knew I had one in my photobucket, just had to find it!  Soemers is second from the left.

7/21/2009 Awe Mainta Page 23

http://www.awemainta.com/noticia/

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1566 on: February 23, 2010, 06:39:07 PM »

Thanks, TM!

Monkey Devil!  Laws? What are they ??
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1567 on: February 23, 2010, 06:41:04 PM »

Whew! I finally found it!  

I knew I'd read an interview with Jaap about Joran, etc. 

Three cheers for Texasmom!!         

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4918.msg787749#msg787749

Re: Natalee Case Discussion #817 4/22/09 -
« Reply #606 on: April 27, 2009, 10:20:39 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.shownieuws.tv/web/show/id=186479/langid=43/contentid=70993

Google translation:

April 27, 2009
Terror Jaap breaks his silence today over the controversial interview he had with Joran van der Sloot. De Gouden Kooi-winner talks about the special friendship he has quickly built up with Joran and how far he had voluntarily and on camera to talk about the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Translation of interview by GBMW:

(I bolded what I believed are the questions that Jaap was asked, his answers are in regular type...I hope I didn't have any goofs...)

Interview with Jaap 27-04, sometimes has a way of talking / expressing himself that's difficult to translate so consider this a loose translation. 

How did you come up with the idea to approach Joran?

Well Joran approached me first. I had a fan Hyves of the Golden Cage…and a buddy of mine who took care of that site told me…you never guess who is a member of you Hyves! I said, who? He said: Joran! I was like; Joran? Yeah right…so I thought…let’s right him an e-mail. And it turned out that Joran is a chess player, just like me….and we started playing online chess. And one thing led to another.

And when did you think; I have to do something with this?

I waited a long time with that…it was in May…in May I won the Golden Cage…and in June I got to ‘know’ Joran a bit because of Hyves and playing online chess. But I only asked him in December.

And why do you want to do something with Joran?

I want to create opportinies for myself. I regret how things went with Talpa, RTL..and I just thought…I’m going to do it myself. I’m keeping the strength with myself…and if the viewer likes it then the success will come automatically.

Okay, but why did you want to do something with Joran?

Of course it would be a really good pitch for myself….that’s no secret…I realised that if I can give a good journalistic report..if something good will come out of this…what will interest the viewer than they will watch my next show sooner.

So you approached Joran…saying you wanted a conversation with him and then a lie detector test. How did he respond to that
?

Well, it didn’t go that easily of course. First of all I had to gain Jorans trust for months. I even helped him with a few things. He had huge problems in his private life. Things nothing to do with the Thailand affaire or the Holloway case. And I thought…if I help you (meaning Joran) right now…this was long before the lie detector test occurred….if I help you now…you owe me. You owe me motherfucker. And I played this smartly. Eventually I had him in such a corner he couldn’t really say no anymore. And that’s the beauty of it.

How did you notice you gained his trust?

E-mails, sms texts, conversations, how he treated me, how he looked up to me, what he told me…

And then you came with the crucial question…

Well, at first I had checked a bit if he would feel like to tell everything in a neutral, objective way. I also told Joran…I know how the media works, I know how the press works…I’ve also been through the shit 3 times while I was just playing a game….because let’s be honest…Terror Jaap is a façade…Terror Jaap is an act I used to win the Golden Cage….I won a million Euros with that….and all that crap about the Golden Cage, Terror Jaap, politics interfering…well if you don’t like it…turn off the television! If you don’t like the Golden Cage; turn off your television, you don’t like Terror Jaap…turn of your television. So I told Joran: I understand where you’re coming from. Right now, at this moment…I won’t judge you. In that way a weird kind of understanding cq friendship developed…it grew. And at a certain point he needed my help…he had a rough time…very difficult….and I knew what was going on. He could also show me what was going on. And I knew that if I didn’t help him he would be in a lot of trouble.

What was going on then?

Joran had a huge gambling debt…with someone you don’t want to be in debt with. He needed my help. So I thought…if I ‘invest’ right now…help him then I gain some power over you…you will trust me more…and at a certain point I can ask you…we have to do this. And that’s how it happened. It was a little miracle that Joran was hooked up to this machine (the lie detector). Because at first, I had prepared the complete production…he isn’t coming. He isn’t coming!! So I mail Joran…like what’s this? I’ve made production costs, you say you’re innocent, I’m giving you the platform, I’m in contact with the broadcasters, I’ve got somebody who can contact John de Mol (he is a huge / influential media person), I’ve got contacts at RTL…I can make this work for you and you know I won’t screw you. He knew that. And yet he didn’t came. So I told him…you know what I know about you. You know what I’ve got from you…if you back out and break the arrangements then you leave me not other choice than to make a documentary how you deceived me.

So you kind of blackmailed him?

I think that’s an extreme word…it was more like…how can I say this…he owed me. And he knew that. And he couldn’t really back out. And I also felt I  was justified to put it like that towards him…I mean…I help him, I give him pointers, the media threw shit over me as well, I also had problems with my family when I left the Golden Cage…like that Jaap…what has he done? That Joran has been screwed over by the media as well…of course because his own faults, by telling a lot of lies lots of people think he’s crazy. Well in the end he eventually came. And I could complete it.

What was he like when he arrived here (meaning in the room for the lie detector test)? How did he appear to be….very nervous or?

The footage is good…he’s sitting here…as a little boy who has lost his mother…like that…so in himself, drowsy, dazzled, shaking, sweating… the director people….sitting in the room next door with a television…they were like this is astonishing…what we’re seeing here. Joran at his purest.

What kind of questions did you ask him?

Of course the most important one. Questions concerning the Holloway case. Also questions about the whereabouts of Holloway….and let’s keep it at that this moment….we have to keep something…you understand that…

Well, I would like to know what he answered at the question….did he murder Natalee Holloway?

I want to scream from my lungs how that went and what happened. But let’s be honest..if I do that now…then it’s like: Thank you Jaap..see you. But I’ve got that passion and ambition…creating my own opportunities.

But can you tell us a bit more…on how the test went?

I started very peaceful..wer’re going to do this together, this is a nice project. And I was like..if Joran tells me the truth..it will be news…one way or the other…it’s always news with Joran…so I was like…who knows…it would be too bizarre if it would turn out to be correct what he’s saying. So it started peacefully…but after the first test day we got some results…and then it became less friendly…let me put it that way (smiling…as in: it was way worse). Then we got into a kind of chasing scene…and eventually…

But tell some more about that.

Well Joran was very emotional….I think, I’ve known Joran a bit, he stayed at my place, I’ve watched films with him, drank beers with him…I know Joran…and I think that Joran thought that he could pass it…that’s what I think. I think he had arrogance to reason for himself that he was a master liar and I am different than others.

Even the lie detector…

He thought he would pass it.

But he didn’t pass it?

Jaap doesn’t say anything….and that’s his expression as well…

So we’ll have to wait and see….do you think he regrets it now…afterwards?

Yes, he regrets it very much….he also left Holland immediately. He was very afraid for a civil case procedure…so he took off immediately.

Are you still in contact with him?

At the moment we have a bit of a weird relationship…we’ve talked a lot. Where I told him…listen Joran…I can’t do anything but to lay out the situation as it went. I can’t help you or give in for you because you’ve done it yourself. And he fully realises this….and he regrets it so much that we’re even talking about, after this lie detector show, how can I say this…uhm…Joran is really done with it. He’s done with being stalked, he’s done with the fact his family is angry, he’s done with people being stressed…but Joran is afraid for his future. And I know what Jorans’ fears are….and I know what needs to happen before Joran will turn himself in. And I’m working on that….and that would be too bizarre but…you need to keep an eye on a lot of interests. Because let’s be honest…the Holloway case has been so huge…it went across the world….there are many interests…there is the  Holloway family, Jorans’ family, Joran himself even the viewer…especially that Peter R. de Vries show..they’ve been really passionate about that Joran story.

But you are going to make it happen that Joran will turn himself in?

And don’t forget the Justice department…even the FBI, CIA…even the American president Bush was involved from what I’ve read. The case is so huge…but if you don’t approach Joran objectively..if you don’t give him the trust…we know what’s there, we know what happened Joran and if you want a different life than you will have to show empathy and sympathy to that viewer. That is your only salvation. And it has to, it has to come from yourself….it can’t be a Jaap who will push or pull you....You have to make that decision. This is your moment…and this is your chance. Because you know if you’ll work with an American journalist that you’ll be screwed…they’re waiting on you..they will get you…you know that. You know that if you do something with a Dutch crime reporter..he will screw you, he’ll get you. But I gave you trust…at the moment you almost hanged, I helped you. And he knows that. And even now, even now I am pretty neutral concerning Joran…on one hand I’m like you f***er, you lied to me. But if I hang Joran now…that won’t solve anything….the force field is so strong right now, so intense and before you get through that…that costs months. And I think there’s so much more in it if Joran chooses for the truth…because then he will also choose for himself. That’s the beauty of it.

And you are going to make it happen that Joran will turn himself in?

I hope so. I hope so.

Has he murdered Natalee Holloway?

I won’t comment on that right now.

What kind of guy is it?

Lots of people asked me that…how do I look at Joran…you know Joran…you hung out with him, done a lot with him, he was a fan of mine, he shared things with me…what can I say about it? I think Joran has a dual personality. On one hand..I’m telling you honestly…I think he’s a motherfucker…he lied and deceived me concerning certain things. I’ve got the information and the proof for that. I’m really angry about that. But on the other side…he’s been through a lot, also because of his own behaviour but also because of the press…..the last couple of years…but on the other hand…then I’m watching a film with him, he’s joking around, telling about his girlfriend..telling me what he wants to accomplish in his life…and then I think; you’ve got in you…you’ve got it in you to live a life what’s normal so to speak. You’ve got it in you Joran…I’m working on that with him.

He’s got a girlfriend?

Yes, and he’s happy with her.

Where does she come from?

America.

Oh boy…

I’ve also talked to his girlfriend, I’m also in contact with her. And she wants to stay out of the media at the moment so I’m not going to give her name or where she lives, what she does…but she’s also very happy we’re doing this…and she hopes that Joran will get an impulse to stop with all that crap. Because Joran is a living a very unsteady life right now, he’s got no stability…because of his own behaviour. Because of his own mentality.

But what does he tell you about his girlfriend? Because that’s quite something….I don’t know if I would….ehm….with Joran…

I’ve talked extensively with her about that….she’s like…okay, I’ve met Joran and I find him quite different than on television. And I have to say, on a personal level Joran isn’t a f***er necessarily. He isn’t. Like, Joran is getting a coke from my fridge…he also brings one for me. On a personal level he’s not a monster towards others….but something in Joran wants to solve lies with lies…and when you do that you come into a vicious circle…and everything collapses. And that’s bad character trait of him. And I’m really angry about that…it also hurts me…and we’ll see that in the show of how Joran hurts me….at a certain point we’re crying here as small children. I was like…what I’m I to do with this? I’m also held responsible by Aad Schalke, former police detective, like Jaap…what we’ve got here..how and what concerning the justice department and your responsibility…how are we going to deal with this? And I pay a lot of attention to what he’s saying. And then I think…what am I to do with this? I’d rather be in a situation where everybody’s interests are respected and that we can solve the case then that we get into a situation where a van comes up the door, we throw someone in and bye bye. And lots has to be done to make that happen.

The programme….which channel will broadcast it?

At this moment there are talks and if the editing is completed…then I think that all the crap about me & Terror Jaap doesn’t fit the profile of the channel, Terror Jaap is awful, he was from the Golden Cage…I think that’s forgotten & forgiven very quickly. Like the way I’m talking to you…when did we this before? I couldn’t do that…because I was Terror Jaap. (he acts weird, reporter says: don’t do that…and laughs). If you were in a house with me and I have to get you out for a million Euros then you’re not happy with me….but we’re having a serious interview now….there is no crazyness with this. That is absolutely not the intent. Absolutely not.

Which channel do you prefer if you could choose?

What I really want, and I’ve always said this…I’d really like to…with my old producer from the Golden Cage, my old editor, my friend Huub from the Golden Cage...I’d really want to work on the format together and then get a good show on a channel. I’d want that more than anything. John de Mol has had every chance….I was extremely loyal…and I still am….but if it’s not coming…if it’s not coming…than I’m doing it myself. And  I feel I have the right to do this…(sighs).

What if nobody wants your programme…what then?

I’m really not worried about that…and America is there as well. And I can imagine there is doubt now…like Jaap we know you…well they don’t know me but they’ve seen me on the television….and you’ve been in the papers often…because of your huge body you were the figure head of the Golden Cage…put one face with the Golden Cage…and that’s mine. On one hand I’m disappointed with that…I’m disappointed…like I said about the guys from RTL Boulevard, the presenters of Shownieuws…they don’t know me. They don’t know me. The know me from a game. And I don’t want to salute myself…but if I win a million Euros with my own strategy…did I do a good job then…yes or no? I think so.

And now the serious side of Jaap is coming?

Yes, that’s also a side of me. I’m not going to pretend I’m a saint…no...the sharpness and the humour…..is also a part of me…that is real. But I expanded that in the Golden Cage….and I knew to exit sides of me that would weaken my position. Imagine…I’m in the Golden Cage and I’m dead serious, with morals and values and I think ethically & I philosophize…then they think…ah well Jaap…a regular person. Now they thought…djeez..I’m in a house and that Jaap is totally crazy….I have to watch out for him. Then I’ve accomplished my goal. Then I’m someone who can win in that house. And in the end I won!

If the Dutch channels don’t want your show…then you’ll go to America…are you busy with that yet?

Those talks are also there; also through my management. Look, with America it’s a done deal (as in: no worries if that will work out…not that there is a deal as of yet)…and in Holland it will be okay as well. But if you really say…if…because that’s also the storyline that’s going on…if the channels really don’t want it….then I would consider that a boycott…cause if you look at my price tag..

So it’s low?

Jaap nodds.

America…you say talks are there.

Jaaps nodds.

How are they going…can you tell a bit more?

They’re going through my management….the big channels…and look I need a final edit first….we’re really busy with that….we’re in the pre edit fase…we also have to choose what we want in…the way I look at it now I should make 4 specials of an hour…that’s the amount of material I have…but we have to choose…we have to make decisions…and we’re chosing to make one main edit….one main broadcast. And later on we can return to it…to do something with old footage or something.

Finally…do you believe in the innocence of Joran van der Sloot?

I can tell you that I believe Joran wants to build a different future. And I can also tell you that I believe that Joran is willing to go to extremes to accomplish that. That he really wants to open himself up, that he wants to come forward with evidence, I believe that. That I believe. And to your question…I’m not going to respond to that at the moment.

Thanks GBMW!   

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1568 on: February 23, 2010, 06:41:09 PM »

I don't know how to post a video
http://www2.nbc13.com/vtm/news/local/article/van_der_sloots_details_dont_add_up/133294/

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1569 on: February 23, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »

Van Der Sloot's Details Don't Add Up
For the second time in two years Joran Van Der Sloot has confessed to his part in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. And for the second time authorities don?t believe him.

Published: February 23, 2010

Birmingham, Ala.(WVTM)—-Joran Van Der Sloot reportedly confessed during the taping of a pilot television talk show last year.
He said he disposed of Natalee Holloway’s body however at least one investigator is calling the information a “fantasy”.

The details just don’t add up.  That’s what the investigation concluded about Van Der Sloot’s “confession” concerning the night Holloway disappeared.

What was thought to be new is actually old information.  It’s a taped confession of Van Der Sloot about his part in Holloway’s disappearance.

Editor in Chief, “Aruba Today”, Julia Renfro said, “Just because we’ve heard so many different stories, we don’t really know what’s gone on in this kid’s head.“

Taped almost a year ago for a television talk show pilot, Van Der Sloot reportedly confessed to disposing of Holloway’s body.

Renfro said, “What I do know is what he did say on the tape, that he was “innocent of harming Natalee”.”

Before the taped show could be aired, an investigation was conducted by both Aruban and Holland authorities.

Renfro said, “He gave specific details of where they were and those locations were investigated, even though it was four years later, investigated, the details he gave, as the authorities call it were fantasy.“

What some call a fantasy has family and friends re-living what happened almost five years ago, still looking for answers as to what really happened to Natalee.

Renfro said, “God bless Natalee’s family for having to go through this over and over and over again but in the same time, the whole point looking for the truth, searching for the truth and of course justice to whoever harmed Natalee if she was harmed.“

NBC13 talked to Beth Holloway, Natalee’s mom earlier today, and she was also told, authorities did not believe Van Der Sloot’s confession.

Several sources have told NBC13, Joran Van Der Sloot was paid for his appearance on this pilot talk show.

http://www2.nbc13.com/vtm/news/local/article/van_der_sloots_details_dont_add_up/133294/

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1570 on: February 23, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »

I hope that lightening strikes Renfro.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1571 on: February 23, 2010, 06:49:30 PM »

Me too.  (burn baby burn).   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1572 on: February 23, 2010, 06:53:08 PM »

Me too, and I hope when it does she's in a group hug with some of her "friends".   Monkey Devil!

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1573 on: February 23, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »

They both need TBS.
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1574 on: February 23, 2010, 06:54:54 PM »

Me too, and I hope when it does she's in a group hug with some of her "friends".   Monkey Devil!

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1575 on: February 23, 2010, 07:05:30 PM »

I guess I'm the only one hoping for drinking poison down at club Havana as the sun goes down... wonder why??!!??!!  an angelic monkey

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1576 on: February 23, 2010, 07:07:20 PM »

Editor in Chief, “Aruba Today”, Julia Renfro said, “Just because we’ve heard so many different stories, we don’t really know what’s gone on in this kid’s head.“

HIS HEAD ?
Scrambled Eggs.

Now you know..

What is in Julia's head  ? ...  Crap.

Now you know that too.
There will be far less confusionin your mind now Julia because you know you are full of crap.
We have known it all along.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1577 on: February 23, 2010, 07:11:09 PM »

I also wonder why whenever I hear or see the name "van der sloot" I smell feet worse than the Aruban dump on Animal and medical waste pick-up day.

is this some sort of cognitive associative thingee? anyone know and does it happen to anyone else??? 

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1578 on: February 23, 2010, 07:15:33 PM »

I also wonder why whenever I hear or see the name "van der sloot" I smell feet worse than the Aruban dump on Animal and medical waste pick-up day.

is this some sort of cognitive associative thingee? anyone know and does it happen to anyone else??? 

Happens to me too Rob, I've only smelled chitlins once; but it's a mixture of stinky feet and chitlins!

Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1579 on: February 23, 2010, 07:17:48 PM »

Hi Ono - it's a small world and nice to meet you!

I hate to sound hateful but "I hope Joran Vandersloot's evil world comes crashing down on his evil soul!"  Goodnight Monkeys!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
"Joran Vandersloot's evil world is slowly crashing down on his evil soul!"
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.