March 28, 2024, 01:07:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #829 2/14/10 - 2/25/10  (Read 547180 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #620 on: February 17, 2010, 12:45:24 AM »

Now I have six....a new black and white one.

Let me try emailing Anna 

Thanks Klaas.  I have never had puppies before.  But they are all adorable.
I never had puppies either, just a kiddo.  lol
Congratulations ! !  I also demand pix.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: February 17, 2010, 12:47:11 AM »

Magnolia, the most important thing is to get them warm.  If you have a heating pad, you can even put that under them.

Also if you have a shamwow or microfiber, you might help the mom try them off but if she is doing a good job, just leave her alone.

Sounds as though she is OK since there are already six.

Be calm and talk soothingly to her and stay nearby but don't keep touching or bothering the pups.  And let her deal with the placenta, etc.  You might try putting a puppy in position to nurse and see what happens as she should get milk soon and will take it from there.  Something to contain them would be good.  child's swimming pool or big box with doggie door cut in it.

I'm so glad you showed back up!  an angelic monkey
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #622 on: February 17, 2010, 12:48:04 AM »

Magnolia - I emailed Anna.  I don't know if she'll even look tonight but I tried 

Thanks Klaas.  I guess they will be OK.  The Mama moves and I look and there are puppies
everywhere and they scream.  When I gather them up and put them back under her
and put a warm towel on them they hush.  I might be too old for this!

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: February 17, 2010, 12:48:22 AM »

I don't know what breed the dog is but it's important that she not accidentally lie on any of the puppies as that sometimes happens especially with small breeds.  The pup can't breathe, of course.

But sounds like you have good instinct to know to get them warm.  You may have to change all the bedding after they are all born as it may be wet.  She might have 8 if a big breed.  I think Hudson is pretty big so there may be even more.

Yes, they will freeze outside as cold as it is.  She will have milk when she is warm and a little relaxed about all this.  Try putting the largest one to nurse and see if she does.  After that, will be mostly up to her.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: February 17, 2010, 12:53:12 AM »

Should the mother become very tired or ignore the newest born, make sure the head is out of the membrane sac they are born in.  Just put on latex gloves if you have them and make SURE the head is clear of the membrane by opening the little mouth just a bit to be sure as you can't easily see the membrane sack and may think it is off the head when it isn't.  Once the head is clear and you can open the mouth, the pup is sure to be able to breathe.  Let the mother remove  the rest of the membrane herself.  If she doesn't or the pup isn't breathing, then just take it and remove the membrane and discard and rub the pup on it's back, holding head downward until it breathes.

Don't be scared and don't panic and tell her it's OK, etc and act real happy.  So she will know you are not going to hurt the pups.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #625 on: February 17, 2010, 12:54:01 AM »

Magnolia - I emailed Anna.  I don't know if she'll even look tonight but I tried 

Thanks Klaas.  I guess they will be OK.  The Mama moves and I look and there are puppies
everywhere and they scream.  When I gather them up and put them back under her
and put a warm towel on them they hush.  I might be too old for this!

You're doing fine!    

You brought them in where it is warm, that will help. an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #626 on: February 17, 2010, 12:58:23 AM »

Magnolia, the most important thing is to get them warm.  If you have a heating pad, you can even put that under them.

Also if you have a shamwow or microfiber, you might help the mom try them off but if she is doing a good job, just leave her alone.

Be calm and talk soothingly to her and stay nearby but don't keep touching or bothering the pups.  And let her deal with the placenta, etc.  You might try putting a puppy in position to nurse and see what happens as she should get milk soon and will take it from there.  Something to contain them would be good.  child's swimming pool or big box with doggie door cut in it.

I hve never been so happy to see anybody, Anna.
thanks!   I fixed the 37" TV box for her to contain them.  It is just right.
She doesn't mind me touching them, but I have only done that when one wonders way off.
I have been heating towels in the dryer and putting over them.

They are Mardi Gras Babies.

Thank you for coming back to help. and thanks to Klaas.

I have seven now.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: February 17, 2010, 12:58:39 AM »

I wonder if this is her first litter as sometimes new mothers don't know what to do as well and you have to help them more with sac removal and such.  How much help they want or will accept varies from dog to dog and she may not allow any.

I am trying to think of something you can use to contain them so they don't wander all over the place.  If any of them are born and not breathing don't give up until you have rubbed them vigorously holding head lower and rub along the spine.  You can use a baby nasal syringe to clear their little nose should you need to if one doesn't breathe, too.

Is everything OK?

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: February 17, 2010, 01:00:12 AM »

Magnolia - be sure to read back and see all Anna's posts to you!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: February 17, 2010, 01:01:47 AM »

Magnolia- what kind of dog is Hudson, I've forgotten? 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: February 17, 2010, 01:01:52 AM »

I think you will have 8 before long.  That may be it with 8.

OK, you can put heating pad under the box right in front of her where the pups will lie and they will tend to stay on that and not go where it is cooler.  Or if you don't have heating pad they will stay close to the mother to get warm.

PERSONA NON GRATA

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: February 17, 2010, 01:02:17 AM »

I hve never been so happy to see anybody, Anna.
thanks!   I fixed the 37" TV box for her to contain them.  It is just right.
She doesn't mind me touching them, but I have only done that when one wonders way off.
I have been heating towels in the dryer and putting over them.

They are Mardi Gras Babies.

Thank you for coming back to help. and thanks to Klaas.

I have seven now.
I'm following along!!! Sounds like everything is fine!!!!! 

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: February 17, 2010, 01:04:42 AM »

I guess we should take this to Musings?  I don't want to be disrespectful to Natalee's thread.

Magnolia, you may not be able to get the bedding out from under the mother to change it but once they are all born, that's a good idea if you have old towels or shamwows were what I always used.  Their little nails get caught in towels sometimes.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #633 on: February 17, 2010, 01:06:35 AM »

I wonder if this is her first litter as sometimes new mothers don't know what to do as well and you have to help them more with sac removal and such.  How much help they want or will accept varies from dog to dog and she may not allow any.

I am trying to think of something you can use to contain them so they don't wander all over the place.  If any of them are born and not breathing don't give up until you have rubbed them vigorously holding head lower and rub along the spine.  You can use a baby nasal syringe to clear their little nose should you need to if one doesn't breathe, too.

Is everything OK?

She is cleaning them up really well.  She just wanted to go outside and I let her out, but she came in after just a little bit.
They are all wiggling and hollering and can really scoot in the box.  I don't think they are nursing yet.  Is that normal?

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: February 17, 2010, 01:07:23 AM »

Those Sloots in the NL who do good works and seem to be good persons must cringe whenever Joran's name comes up. Or Paul's or any of this chit.

I'm sure they do!

But what did they do in the early days...before Joran proved that he wasn't how his mother claimed he was?  They probably weren't around him enough to know for themselves...  Did any of them collect on any favors to help Joran get out of Aruba and move on with his life?  I sure do wonder about that.  JMO

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: February 17, 2010, 01:09:08 AM »

Is everything OK?

She is cleaning them up really well.  She just wanted to go outside and I let her out, but she came in after just a little bit.
They are all wiggling and hollering and can really scoot in the box.  I don't think they are nursing yet.  Is that normal?

Magnolia, maybe she's waiting to settle down and nurse them until after they're all born.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: February 17, 2010, 01:10:05 AM »

Is everything OK?

Yes, can take a bit and some mothers don't nurse until ALL the pups are born.  So maybe there are more to come, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: February 17, 2010, 01:10:32 AM »

Anna - normally I would agree to take it to musings but I really don't think Natalee would mind.  I think she'd like us talking about puppies 
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: February 17, 2010, 01:12:28 AM »

Anna - normally I would agree to take it to musings but I really don't think Natalee would mind.  I think she'd like us talking about puppies 

Yes, she had her own dog for years.  I just don't want to offend anybody.  I can't remember the breed but Hudson is a large  dog so these are likely large puppies and will do well.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #639 on: February 17, 2010, 01:12:41 AM »

I have 8 now.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.