April 26, 2024, 08:39:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #829 2/14/10 - 2/25/10  (Read 549151 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #800 on: February 18, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »

Sorry.......... they've now determined that the FBI building is a different building.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #801 on: February 18, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »

OT

May have no national significance, but a single engine plane just plowed into a FBI residential building in Austin, TX.
AUSTIN, Texas -- Authorities say a small private plane has crashed into a seven-story office building in Austin, Texas.

Black smoke was coming from the building Thursday morning. The building is located on a major highway in the city. Several news report say the building that was hit is next to Austin's FBI headquarters.

Dawn Clopton, a division chief with the Austin Fire Department, says two people from the building are unaccounted for. She says it was a small private plane that crashed. No other information was immediately available.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/22600697/detail.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: February 18, 2010, 11:53:23 AM »

Thanks CBB and Blonde - it looks like a horrible accident. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: February 18, 2010, 12:24:14 PM »

OT

May have no national significance, but a single engine plane just plowed into a FBI residential building in Austin, TX.

CBB- The FBI Bldg. has same address, but they are housed in another building across the parking lot.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: February 18, 2010, 12:27:20 PM »

OT There are IRS offices in the building the plane hit

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: February 18, 2010, 12:32:30 PM »

Link for thread about the plane flying into Austin building in SM's News of the Day area:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7163.new#new

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #806 on: February 18, 2010, 02:19:17 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_68884.php

Construction of Ritz-Carlton to proceed

17 Feb, 2010, 08:24 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
Print dit artikel 

ORANJESTAD — A majority of the building workers for the construction of the Ritz-Carlton hotel at Fisherman’s Hut must be from local origin. Moreover, the beach is to remain accessible for the population. In addition, the government will not co-finance the infrastructure surrounding the new hotel.

Those are the new agreements, which the government has made with the consortium for the hotel project under the direction of the Marriott hotel and project-developer Hotelco. The government had previously refused to grant permits to 750 foreign construction workers. Hotelier Bill Marriott had especially flown to Aruba to solve the dispute. A press conference on the consultation between Marriott and the government was held this morning, just before the closing of this edition. Premier Mike Eman (AVP), Tourism-minister Otmar Oduber (AVP), Bill Marriott, and a representative from Hotelco were present during the press conference.

The construction of the five-star hotel has always been a thorn in the flesh of the AVP. The party had complained about the deal during a press conference yesterday. The terrain behind Fisherman’s Hut had been sold to hotel chain Marriott for the construction of the Ritz-Carlton, during the last 24 hours of the former MEP-government, according to the AVP. In a personal press report, party-member Juan David Yrausquin urged the government not to negotiate with the representatives from Marriott. In particular, the parliamentarian refers to the role of the ex-coordinator Mirto Martes, of former minister of Infrastructure Marisol Lopez-Tromp, who now represents Marriott in the negotiations regarding the construction of the hotel.

Yesterday, party-leader Rene Herdé presented correspondence of the project developer and building contractor Hotelco. The latter will be responsible for the construction of the five-star hotel on behalf of Marriott. The letters were addressed to the former premier Nelson Oduber (MEP) and the current Minister of Tourism, Labor and Transport Otmar Oduber (AVP). In the letter to the minister, received on January 7th, the Venezuelan project developer requested an arrangement for 250 work permits per year for own personnel. This amounts to a total of 750 permits for foreign workers, as the construction of the hotel will take about three years.
However, in the letter, Hotelco states they would do their utmost to employ local construction workers and to contract local building contractors for projects. The letter also mentions that the fishing boats now moored at Fisherman’s Hut could continue to moor there as far as Hotelco was concerned.

In previous correspondence to premier Oduber, dated June 26th, 2008, the Venezuelan project developer requested an appointment with minister Booshi Wever (MEP) of Public Health, Environment, Aliens- and Administrative Affairs and Aliens Dept. Dimas to arrange for 750 permits. At that time, Hotelco had already indicated that they would show little consideration for local building contractors.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: February 18, 2010, 02:20:21 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_68886.php

‘Money laundering practices definitely has our attention’

17 Feb, 2010, 08:24 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel 
Print dit artikel 

ORANJESTAD — The Public Prosecutor (OM) does not agree with the statements from Minister of Finances, Mike de Meza (AVP) at the beginning of this month that the OM is co-responsible for that the fact that Aruba does not comply with the demands from FATF (Financial Action Task Force), according to field officer of Justice, Peter Blanken.

“We always give substantial attention to money laundering. This is often linked to a large-scaled investigation into for example drug traffic or frontier running”, Blanken explains. The OM is accustomed to tackling these kinds of cases where large sums of money are earned, according to the field officer, “which explains the dispossession progresses.” Blanken only learned of De Meza’s statements from the newspaper and has not spoken with him personally on this matter. “I could not deduce from the newspaper as to what he exactly meant. Apprehending and punishing a drug trafficker is one thing, but the OM’s primary focus is actually to confiscate everything he has earned”, says Blanken.

Understaffed
According to De Meza, the former government and whether or not directly related institutes, from the Ministry of Finances and the Report Center Unusual Transactions (MOT) up to the Central Bank and the OM have been negligent. The Minister was not satisfied with the explanations he received from the directorates of amongst others the OM. “I respect these institutes, but wherever there was a lack of establishing priorities, I personally find that all of them are responsible without exception”, De Meza had stated. Field officer Blanken is of the opinion that it is always awkward to establish priorities. “Of course, we are also coping with understaffing, which means that sometimes you are simply not capable of doing what you actually want to do.” He hinted that the priority of for example money laundering is sometimes in danger of being overlooked by for example serious violent offences. “One must make choices at times.”

Terrorism
Combating flows of money, which could be used for terrorism, is something that was not regulated by law, Blanken explains. A law against financing terrorism was enacted last week enabling the OM to acquire the means to take actions and prosecute these flows of money. The law is in conformity with the FATF-standards.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: February 18, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »

Short video of Joran at airport (with Anita?) posted yesterday:

http://www.upvideo.com/upvideo_video.aspx?vid=S12kGnlsPk2xq_aPHhPajw
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: February 18, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »

Thanks Buckeye!

Here's another I found on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5qtHLHLOCI

oeka2000
February 16, 2010
(less info)
Crying for his dad,but no tears for Nathalee............
Category:  News & Politics
Tags:  Huilende  Joran  Van  der  sloot  op  Schiphol  15  02  2010

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r5qtHLHLOCI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/r5qtHLHLOCI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: February 18, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »

Thanks Buckeye!

Here's another I found on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5qtHLHLOCI

Same one.  Thanks

oeka2000
February 16, 2010
(less info)
Crying for his dad,but no tears for Nathalee............
Category:  News & Politics
Tags:  Huilende  Joran  Van  der  sloot  op  Schiphol  15  02  2010

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r5qtHLHLOCI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/r5qtHLHLOCI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: February 18, 2010, 05:53:33 PM »

TM

Yours is definitely longer.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: February 18, 2010, 05:56:37 PM »

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: February 18, 2010, 05:59:46 PM »

Thanks TxMom and Buckeye.

So sporter shaved his head so he would be less recognizeable?  Monkey Devil!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: February 18, 2010, 06:05:29 PM »

I think....

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #815 on: February 18, 2010, 06:06:06 PM »

I thought he was the one with greyish "puff" jacket with back to camera (facing Anita).
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #816 on: February 18, 2010, 06:07:21 PM »

I thought he was the one with greyish "puff" jacket with back to camera (facing Anita).

Maybe that is Val...
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: February 18, 2010, 06:12:34 PM »

Maybe that is Val...

Yes I agree with Klaas on Joran, Val is in the gray jacket; and Sebastian is in the blue and maroon shirt.  JMO

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #818 on: February 18, 2010, 06:49:56 PM »

Maybe that is Val...

Yes I agree with Klaas on Joran, Val is in the gray jacket; and Sebastian is in the blue and maroon shirt.  JMO

Where is Paulus?  Checked like baggage?

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: February 18, 2010, 07:03:52 PM »

Maybe that is Val...

Where is Paulus?  Checked like baggage?

Do you think they've waited this long to bring his body to Holland?  It's been over a week.   I think the funeral home that will be in charge would be responsible for picking the body up at the airport.  Just a guess.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.