April 28, 2024, 07:04:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #829 2/14/10 - 2/25/10  (Read 549417 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #880 on: February 20, 2010, 12:25:53 PM »

I am curious as to whether or not Joran will go to Aruba for the memorial service there as well.  Sort of think he will just go right back to Thailand with a cafe to run and all that. 

But we shall see, I am sure.

I am curious about that too, Anna. 

It is a telling thing that the family cannot even publish an obituary for fear of media and public interference.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #881 on: February 20, 2010, 12:41:02 PM »

Would someone refresh my memory........what does the number 6 in the window
stand for?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #882 on: February 20, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »

egads..that's a blast from the past! It is an eye... like in eyeball, lol. Eyeball with a slash for an eyebrow over it. I don't think it is a six. At least if we are looking at the same thing... ?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: February 20, 2010, 01:08:45 PM »

Dutch government collapses over Afghanistan
Saturday 20 February 2010

The Dutch government collapsed in the early hours of Saturday morning over Labour's insistence that the Netherlands pull out of Afghanistan this year.

After two days of intensive talks and a bitter parliamentary debate, it had become increasingly clear the gulf between prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende and deputy prime minister Wouter Bos was too great to bridge.

Labour leader Bos stated earlier this week that he wanted a decision on Nato's request to the Netherlands to stay in Afghanistan at Friday's cabinet meeting. And that decision would have to be a no, he said repeatedly.

Balkenende said he wanted to keep all options open and was sticking to the March 1 deadline.

Statement

'I have to conclude that there is no fruitful path to allow this cabinet to continue,' Balkenende said in a short statement.

The Labour party's comments had placed a 'political mortgage' on the cabinet, he said.

Efforts to restore trust between the parties had failed, he said. 'Given the challenges facing the Netherlands, what is needed is strength, not the easy way out.'

Resignations

The prime minister will now offer his government's resignation to the queen, who is skiing in Lech, Austria.

This is the fourth Balkenende government not to complete a formal four year term. Two others collapsed over political infighting and one was a minority cabinet.

A general election will take place within three months and will not affect the local elections which take place on March 3.

Withdrawal

The collapse of the government means that the withdrawal of Dutch troops from Afghanistan will now begin in August because caretaker ministers are not allowed to make controversial decisions.

'A withdrawal will damage the reputation of the Dutch as a reliable partner that is willing and able to contribute to important military missions,' Edwin Bakker, a senior research fellow at the Clingendael Institute in The Hague told news agency Reuters.

The Netherlands has some 1,800 soldiers and support staff in Afghanistan, mainly in the southern region of Uruzgan. In total, 21 Dutch soldiers have been killed in the region.

Decisions

Other important decisions will also now be put on hold. This means there is unlikely to be any moves on government spending cuts planned for 2011 to get the national finances back under control. The budget deficit is set to reach 6.1% this year, double the EU limit.

Some 20 committees are currently looking at all areas of government activity in an effort to find €35bn in savings.

According to the latest opinion polls, the CDA and Geert Wilders' anti-immigration party PVV will be the biggest parties after the vote. But there are indications Labour's decision to pull out of the government may boost its electoral fortunes.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/02/cabinet_collapses_as_labour_pu_1.php

new elections within 3 months.
if the PVV wins big as latest polls show this will be very bad news for Aruba/Antilles

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #884 on: February 20, 2010, 01:12:44 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_68949.php

Google translation:

Premier takes into account possible val Dutch cabinet

February 19, 2010, 12:38 (GMT -04:00)

Email this article
Print this article

ORANGE CITY - If the Dutch government are, then there is no reason to panic. PVV However if the next government, then that "a disaster". Prime Minister says Mike Eman (AVP).

The prime minister following the current government crisis in the Netherlands closely. The crisis is the result of the application of the Labor coalition partner military mission in Afghanistan not to renew. "I envy their dilemma on further participation in the mission in Afghanistan certainly not. These are human lives. On the other hand, the contribution and the diplomatic attitude of the Netherlands have yielded, "said Eman. The fact is that close ties with the current government, led by sister party CDA. "We obviously have close ties with our kindred spirits, but over the years we have very good contacts with other parties, the VVD to Green Left and the SP. "I do not think if the Dutch government falls and there is another cabinet, this means that a different attitude is assumed to Aruba. We put all of us, working together constructively to, "said the premier.

Ramp
He acknowledges that a constructive cooperation can not happen if the next government comes in PVV. "That would be a disaster for Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles. PVV is a party that the relationship with Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles does not value wealth, but only used to score points with the electorate. "Eman says he outside Parliament House with member Hero Brinkman spoke. "He did everything but politics. In other words, it is clear that he and his party are prepared to a relationship of 300 years to squander because of their own political gain. Such people do not want the top posts of your country. "Should the party of Geert Wilders in the plush yet in The Hague seems to sit, then Eman sees itself forced to doggedly continue to try to maintain the relationship. "We will show our positive side, but I think that's a very difficult period could be." According to Eman, the ultimate consequence, the Kingdom of steps, or real. "It is dangerous." The prime minister does have the intention, PVV could come to power in the Netherlands, insisting until a new government is in The Hague. "Extreme parties as that of Wilders were not last long in government. It is therefore up to us to have a longer breath than she. "

interesting!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #885 on: February 20, 2010, 01:22:41 PM »

Would someone refresh my memory........what does the number 6 in the window
stand for?

LOTS of "ODD" things in that cartoon! To me it looks like 2 eyes and 2 pointed eyebrows. I see a boat as well.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #886 on: February 20, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »

Thanks Caesu!

FYI - Tonight on Dana Pretzer will be both Tim Miller and Jossy Mansur!!  9PM ET !
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: February 20, 2010, 01:27:02 PM »

The cartoon appears to show something going into a "drink" and it looks like "Anita" as "Gabriel" (I know that doesn't jibe!!)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #888 on: February 20, 2010, 01:35:43 PM »

cool......thanks Klaas

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #889 on: February 20, 2010, 01:46:29 PM »

Dutch government collapses over Afghanistan
Saturday 20 February 2010

The Dutch government collapsed in the early hours of Saturday morning over Labour's insistence that the Netherlands pull out of Afghanistan this year.

After two days of intensive talks and a bitter parliamentary debate, it had become increasingly clear the gulf between prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende and deputy prime minister Wouter Bos was too great to bridge.

Labour leader Bos stated earlier this week that he wanted a decision on Nato's request to the Netherlands to stay in Afghanistan at Friday's cabinet meeting. And that decision would have to be a no, he said repeatedly.

Balkenende said he wanted to keep all options open and was sticking to the March 1 deadline.

Statement

'I have to conclude that there is no fruitful path to allow this cabinet to continue,' Balkenende said in a short statement.

The Labour party's comments had placed a 'political mortgage' on the cabinet, he said.

Efforts to restore trust between the parties had failed, he said. 'Given the challenges facing the Netherlands, what is needed is strength, not the easy way out.'

Resignations

The prime minister will now offer his government's resignation to the queen, who is skiing in Lech, Austria.

This is the fourth Balkenende government not to complete a formal four year term. Two others collapsed over political infighting and one was a minority cabinet.

A general election will take place within three months and will not affect the local elections which take place on March 3.

Withdrawal

The collapse of the government means that the withdrawal of Dutch troops from Afghanistan will now begin in August because caretaker ministers are not allowed to make controversial decisions.

'A withdrawal will damage the reputation of the Dutch as a reliable partner that is willing and able to contribute to important military missions,' Edwin Bakker, a senior research fellow at the Clingendael Institute in The Hague told news agency Reuters.

The Netherlands has some 1,800 soldiers and support staff in Afghanistan, mainly in the southern region of Uruzgan. In total, 21 Dutch soldiers have been killed in the region.

Decisions

Other important decisions will also now be put on hold. This means there is unlikely to be any moves on government spending cuts planned for 2011 to get the national finances back under control. The budget deficit is set to reach 6.1% this year, double the EU limit.

Some 20 committees are currently looking at all areas of government activity in an effort to find €35bn in savings.

According to the latest opinion polls, the CDA and Geert Wilders' anti-immigration party PVV will be the biggest parties after the vote. But there are indications Labour's decision to pull out of the government may boost its electoral fortunes.

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/02/cabinet_collapses_as_labour_pu_1.php

new elections within 3 months.
if the PVV wins big as latest polls show this will be very bad news for Aruba/Antilles

Thanks Caesu!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: February 20, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »

Thanks Caesu!

FYI - Tonight on Dana Pretzer will be both Tim Miller and Jossy Mansur!!  9PM ET !

Thanks Klaas!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: February 20, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »

The cartoon appears to show something going into a "drink" and it looks like "Anita" as "Gabriel" (I know that doesn't jibe!!)

Great observation wreck!  I'd never noticed it before but it does look like her!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #892 on: February 20, 2010, 02:02:01 PM »

egads..that's a blast from the past! It is an eye... like in eyeball, lol. Eyeball with a slash for an eyebrow over it. I don't think it is a six. At least if we are looking at the same thing... ?

I always thought it was eyes looking out of the windows too...creeeeepy!

jmo

Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: February 20, 2010, 02:38:05 PM »

Thanks Caesu!

Thanks Klaas!   

Wow!  This has the potential to be riveting.  I pray its not all about Paulus.

I hope Dana actually "goes there", if you know what I mean.  I know he'll be respectful, as he should be, but I hope he asks the simple and obvious questions of Tim and then asks the follow-ups. 

Please, Dana, ask Tim about Kyle Kingman.  Ask him about the crab trap and its contents.

Ask him about Silvetti and if he kicked Tim off the boat. 

Ask him if he holds Silvetti responsible for letting the Arubans dive on the cage alone and take off with the contents. 

Ask him about Tim Trahan, the worst diver in the history of diving and what the heck was up with his tank being out of air, etc.

Ask him plainly...Tim, were there bones in the cage, not just clothing?  We've seen the pictures too, we know there were, FTLOG lets talk about it out loud.

Ask him about the pond witness and ask about CAPS, using his real name, meeting with Silvetti and his involvement with the pond witness and how that does or does not affect the witness' credibility.

Ask him how and why it makes sense to continue trying to work with ALE when all they have done is prevent justice at every turn.

Finally, Dana, please express for all of us how deeply we appreciate this man and his commitment, his sacrifice, and his dedication.  Impress upon him, please, that he and his wife are constantly in our prayers.  Thank him for all of us, Dana. 

And thank you so much for having him on your show and for your commitment to Natalee as well.

Justice for Natalee!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #894 on: February 20, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »

Thanks Caesu!

Thanks Klaas!   

Wow, Lifesong...I hope that Dana prints out your post and keeps it as a handy reference
while he is talking to them.

I hope Dana actually "goes there", if you know what I mean.  I know he'll be respectful, as he should be, but I hope he asks the simple and obvious questions of Tim and then asks the follow-ups. 

Please, Dana, ask Tim about Kyle Kingman.  Ask him about the crab trap and its contents.

Ask him if he holds Silvetti responsible for letting the Arubans dive on the cage alone and take off with the contents. 

Ask him about Tim Trahan, the worst diver in the history of diving and what the heck was up with his tank being out of air, etc.

Ask him plainly...Tim, were there bones in the cage, not just clothing?  We've seen the pictures too, we know there were, FTLOG lets talk about it out loud.

Ask him about the pond witness and ask about CAPS, using his real name, meeting with Silvetti and his involvement with the pond witness and how that does or does not affect the witness' credibility.

Ask him how and why it makes sense to continue trying to work with ALE when all they have done is prevent justice at every turn.

Finally, Dana, please express for all of us how deeply we appreciate this man and his commitment, his sacrifice, and his dedication.  Impress upon him, please, that he and his wife are constantly in our prayers.  Thank him for all of us, Dana. 

And thank you so much for having him on your show and for your commitment to Natalee as well.

Justice for Natalee!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: February 20, 2010, 03:03:51 PM »

I wonder if Paulus had always wanted to be cremated. He was a lawyer and had spawned, so I'm sure he must have had a will. Did it always state that he wanted to be cremated? Recently changed?

There are just too many 'convenient' events and happenings.

Something is just not right. More so than usual. Even the sporter's comments.

Something does not feel right.  Starting with Paulus playing tennis. jmo

Hiya Monkey friends! I'm always in the rafters reading (well -- not always). And waiting for justice for Natalee.

Thank you all for what you do.

Magnolia!!!! Congratulations!!  Puppies!!!  Sweeter than sweet  an angelic monkey

Sharon ... I agree.

The death and funeral of Paulus van der Sloot was soooo low keyed.  When you consider Paulus' circle of connections within Law Enforcement ... the Ministery of Justice ... the Judiciary ... everything is too quiet.  Then there is the family.  For the most part ... the Dutch and Aruban media have taken a backseat.  Other than Nancy Grace (Dave/Jossy) and Greta (Julia Renfro) ... the American networks have not consider the death of Paulus van der Sloot newsworthy.

For me ... there was a huge red flag from the getgo.  A 57 year old man with no history of heart problems drops dead and ... within hours ... without an autopsy ... it is determined he died of a heart attack.

My hubby indicated that after almost five years ... the Natalee Holloway case may have become a faded memory.  Maybe he is right.  Company from the States who are using our home as a base while touring the lower mainland and attending Olympic events ... have little recollection of the case.  I have experienced this time and time again.

I have given up hope a long time ago that Aruban justice will prevail for Natalee Holloway.  The characters in the coverup are too intertwined.  My hope lies in the possibility that the exposure of the happenings encompassing the Persistence betrayal and ... the outcome of the defamation case against Dr. Phil will created some renewed attention.  I also have some faith that one person from that H---hole with knowledge may grow a conscience ... step up to the plate and ...  afford the family a measure of closure.

Dinner and a game of Yatzee with our American friends is where it is at this evening.  I think they may be caught up in the evening rush hour traffic from a day in Vancouver.  Dinner is ready.

Good Night All.

Janet
5:10 PM PT

Janet, I really loved hearing this post "in your own words."

Your new outfits are da bomb!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #896 on: February 20, 2010, 03:06:26 PM »

Thanks Caesu!

Thanks Klaas!   

Wow, Lifesong...I hope that Dana prints out your post and keeps it as a handy reference

Justice for Natalee!

That took talent.  I got in the middle of TM's and Lifesong's posts.

I meant to say....Wow, Lifesong...I hope that Dana prints out your post and keeps it as a handy reference

I am off to buy a camera!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: February 20, 2010, 03:08:59 PM »

I just sent Dana and Red a link to Lifesongs post and the link to Tim Miller on blogtalkradio talking about the trap and male DNA. 
Lifesong
Monkey Junky

« Reply #898 on: February 20, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »

Thanks, Klaas!  I'm sure Dana and others here have questions I haven't even thought of! 

It has been over a year now since Kermit showed us the pictures of the crab trap, so this interview with Tim has been a long time coming.  I'm so grateful to Dana for doing it, and I sure hopeTim is finally ready (or has been given the ok) to discuss it.

I, for one, can't wait!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."  - Galileo
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: February 20, 2010, 03:27:14 PM »

I just sent Dana and Red a link to Lifesongs post and the link to Tim Miller on blogtalkradio talking about the trap and male DNA. 

Thanks, Klaas!   

I can't wait!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.