March 29, 2024, 05:48:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Dora Doe" exhumed for DNA - found on 10/23/94 Dora OK  (Read 6374 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 28, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »

Unidentified murder victim will be exhumed

The body of an unidentified woman found dead in Sequoyah County 15 years ago is to be exhumed.

An order to exhume Dora Doe’s body was signed Jan. 13 by A.J. Henshaw, Sequoyah County associate district judge. Her remains will be collected for more DNA testing in hopes of identifing her, or her killer.

Because the woman was never identified and because of the location of her body, she was referred to as Dora Doe. She was eventually buried at Roland Cemetery on Mayfield Road.

The body was found two miles south of Dora on the intersection of Interstate 40 and U.S. Highway 64D on Oct. 23, 1994. The woman’s head was found 15 feet away and faced her body, which was swathed in landscaping material with twine wrapped around it. A hole about eight inches by five inches was found in her chest, and her left lung and heart were missing.

Witnesses told investigators that between 4 and 4:30 p.m. Oct. 5, 1994 they saw a white male, about 6 feet tall with dark brown hair and a moustache, dragging a black bag near the area where her body was found.

Authorities released a composite sketch of the man and created a reconstruction of Dora Doe’s face. Physical characteristics of Dora Doe were also released in 1994. Investigators believed she was 5 feet, 3 inches tall with a small build and short dark graying hair. Medical examiners determined the woman was close to age 50. They determined she was of mixed race, Caucasian and possibly Oriental or American Indian. The case was never solved.

With new technology and a new cold case unit, investigators with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation (OSBI) are hoping to extract DNA that could possibly reveal who Dora Doe is and discover what may have happened to her.

According to the petition of exhumation, OSBI agents are trying to obtain a known DNA sample from Dora Doe’s body, then compare that known sample to a piece of evidence found in a brutal 1995 murder of a woman in Fort Smith, Ark.

According to the petition, in July 1995 Ruth Henderson was found murdered in her home just outside of Fort Smith. OSBI agents discovered a small piece of tissue lodged in Henderson’s left ear canal. Laboratory analysis at the Arkansas State Police laboratory revealed the tissue was lung tissue that did not belong to Henderson.

On Jan. 4 an attempt was made to extract a DNA profile from Dora Doe’s known hair samples, but the attempt was not successful. Because of the new technology available for DNA testing, the OSBI will exhume Dora Doe’s body and try to successfully extract DNA from her remains.

Sequoyah County Sheriff Ron Lockhart said although there has been an order issued to exhume Dora Doe, a date has not been set to begin digging.

Cold Case Unit

The OSBI recently received a grant from the National Institute of Justice for about $500,000 to fund a new cold case unit.

Lockhart said he recently met with OSBI agents who briefed him on nine or 10 unsolved cases or cold cases in Sequoyah County. Now the sheriff’s office has plans to refresh its cold case files.

“We will be working with the OSBI on these cold case files. Some of the unsolved homicides are 30 years old. The OSBI is trying to obtain new DNA by the new technology that is available,” Lockhart said. “We will be releasing more information about a few cold case files in the county as soon as we get more information about them.”
http://www.sequoyahcountytimes.com/view/full_story/5690401/article-Unidentified-murder-victim-will-be-exhumed?instance=home_news_bullets

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 08:26:41 PM »

The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent: First Name Last Name Year Of Birth State LKA
Linda Joyce Hefner 1942 Oklahoma
Fae Loo 1900 Alabama
Bobbi Parker 1940 Oklahoma
Tina Marier Reynolds 1967 Arkansas
Grace Webber 1900 Oklahoma
https://identifyus.org/cases/5117

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 08:28:51 PM »

Estimated age Adult
Minimum age 30 years
Maximum age 50 years
Race Unsure
Ethnicity 
Sex Female
Weight (lbs) 0, Cannot Estimate 
Height (inch) 63, Estimated 
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered
Hair color Gray or Partially Gray
 Head hair Remaining scalp hair shows gray and dark straight hair which is cut very short in a somewhat crew cut style. 

Badly decomposed body found approximately 30 feet of a rural highway. Body was wrapped in what appeared to be landscaping plastic and tied with twine. The head was located approximately 10 feet from the body. brush around the body had been cut with a sharp object and laid over the body. The brush had all turned brown and dried out. Female, probably Caucasoid/Mongoloid.
https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/5117

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »

DENTALS
Comments 1. Missing 2-3. Full PFM crown 4-5 Post mortem loss 6. present 7.-8 Full PFM crown with a possible endodontic treatment 9-10 PFM crown 11. presnet 12. Full PFM crown 13. Post mortem loss 14-15 Full PFM crown 16.-18 Missing 19-21. Full PFM crown 22.-27. Present 28-29 Full PFM crown 30. Full PFM pontiac 31. full PFM crown 32. Missing
Tooth numbers 28-31 are PFM crowns that are all bridged together. There are no other restorations noted. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:48:50 PM »

I am still looking for........
composite sketch of the man and created a reconstruction of Dora Doe’s face.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 08:51:14 PM »

I see nothing here
http://www.sequoyahcountysheriff.org/investigations.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 09:06:30 PM »

Thank you for the information Nut.  Please keep us up to date on any progress.  Hoping Dora Doe will have her true identity soon.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.