March 18, 2024, 08:37:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 children dead 20 years apart--Man charged in son's death - Louisville, KY  (Read 2362 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 31, 2010, 09:11:42 AM »

44-year-old Robert W. Long Jr. of Louisville, Kentucky was arrested on January 27th in the death of his infant son, 7-1/2-week-old Lavion Gamble. When Long was arrested he had his son’s body in his SUV. Police are treating the death as a homicide.

This isn’t Long’s first run in with the law on these kind of charges. Long served 15 out of a 35 year sentence for the death of another son, 5 week old Robert Deon Long. In that instance Long the elder claimed he dropped the baby down a flight of stairs while reaching for a light switch and that the baby also fell off the bed four or five times.

The reason that Long was released in 2007 was because…

…the state law in effect in 1991 only required him to serve half his sentence, or 12 years in prison, whichever was less.

Because you know that especially back in the 90s criminals have more rights then the victims.  (IMO-things haven't changed a bit)

http://badbreeders.net/tag/lavion-gamble/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 09:13:48 AM »

$1 million bond set for Robert W. Long charged in infant son's death
The Courier-Journal • January 29, 2010

A not guilty plea was entered Friday for a man who has been charged with the murder of his 7-week-old son.

Robert W. Long Jr., 44, said nothing during his short arraignment as District Judge Sean Delahanty set his bond at $1 million. Long, who is lodged in Metro Corrections, will be back in court next month. Delahanty assigned him a public defender.

Long had previously been convicted of killing another son in 1991.

He was arrested Wednesday after his son was found dead in a sport-utility vehicle parked in front of a home in the 5500 block of Ridgecrest Road, near the Newburg neighborhood.

Lavion R. Gamble, of the 4400 block of Kern Court, died of blunt-force injuries to multiple parts of his body, said Jim Wesley, a deputy Jefferson County coroner. Long was initially charged with menacing, tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse.

After Lavion's autopsy Thursday, Long was charged with murder.

Louisville Metro Police found the baby after he was reported missing by family members earlier in the day. Those family members said they also could not locate Long.

Long told police that he was sleeping with the baby early Tuesday morning when he woke up on top of the infant, who was not breathing. Long told police he attempted CPR but it didn’t work.

This is not the first time one of Long’s sons has died.

In 1992, Long was convicted of killing his 5-week-old son, Robert Deon Long, by beating the infant, dropping him and letting him fall from a bed onto a wooden floor.

The baby died on Feb. 8, 1991. Long was sentenced to 35 years in prison for that murder, but was granted parole in February 2007.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100129/NEWS01/1290351/$1+million+bond+set+for+man+charged+in+infant+son+s+death

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 09:14:28 AM »

4 page report ..........

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100128/ZONE06/1280331/1008

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.