May 29, 2024, 11:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Edward Smithrovitch, 48 last seen 12/20/09 in Watervliet NY (Body Found)  (Read 3343 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 31, 2010, 07:21:32 PM »

TROY MAN REMAINS MISSING
The Times-Union (Albany, NY)

January 30, 2010 Saturday 

TROY -- Family members are worried about a Troy man who has been missing for more than a month.

Edward Smithrovitch, 48, was last seen leaving his girlfriend's Watervliet apartment on Dec. 20.

"He left the house at 8 o'clock that night," said Barbara Golden of Illinois, the missing man's sister.

Smithrovitch has not been heard from since, and he did not contact his son on the young man's 20th birthday this month, Golden said.

Troy police said a missing person's report has been filed, but they have had no luck finding Smithrovitch, Anyone with information can contact Troy police at 270-4426.

He is described as a white man, 6 feet tall and weighing 200 pounds. He has salt-and-pepper hair and brown eyes, a mustache and closely cropped beard and a tattoo of a scorpion on his right shoulder. He was last seen wearing jeans and a green camouflage jacket.

Golden said the family had hoped Smithrovitch had just gone away for a while.

"The reason we didn't do something sooner was we just hoped he took off," she said.

When Smithrovitch never called on his son's birthday, the family began to worry.

Golden said if her brother wanted to get away, he could have come to see her. She said people with information could also call her at (217) 314-0331 or Colleen Smith, the mother of Smithrovitch's son, at 664-1055.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1118521632&start=2
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:27:10 PM by klaasend » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:23:06 PM »

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Watervliet+NY&fb=1&gl=us&ftid=0x89de0ef3416851c5:0x798438d766de7fcb&ei=Th5mS8TGBo2zlAex87CUCg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAwQ8gEwAA

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:33:00 AM »

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: December 20, 2009 from Watervliet, New York
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: August 15, 1961
Height: 6'
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair Color: Salt and Pepper
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoo of a scorpion on
left shoulder blade with the word scorpions going around it in a
circle. Scar from surgery on left leg across knee
Clothing: Jeans, workboots and a green camouflage jacket
Jewelry: None
Dental: Available
Fingerprints: Available
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of Disappearance
Smithrovitch left his girlfriends residence after an argument at 8:00 pm that night and has not been seen or heard from again.

http://www.nampn.org/hot/smithrovitch_edward.html
Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Troy Police Department
(518) 270-4426
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source Information
Smithrovitch Family

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 06:18:38 PM »

Body identified as missing Troy man

Last updated: 6:01 p.m., Friday, April 9, 2010

HUDSON -- A body pulled from the Hudson River was identified as missing Troy man, the Columbia County Sheriff's office said today.

The body of Edward A. Smithrovitch, 48, was found Wednesday afternoon near the city of Hudson.

Smithrovitch was last seen Dec. 20 as he left his girlfriend's Watervliet apartment. His disappearance worried family members, but they thought he may have gone away for awhile. The family contacted police and reported him missing when Smithrovitch did not call his son on the young man's 20th birthday in January.
http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=920246

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.