March 28, 2024, 12:35:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost ~ Final Season  (Read 9667 times)
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« on: February 01, 2010, 10:23:45 AM »

It is finally here!!! 

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »

Tomorrow night!!!

JOLfan - did you read those last posts in the previous thread?  Possible tie in to the Flash Forward show? 
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 10:18:16 AM »

Tomorrow night!!!

JOLfan - did you read those last posts in the previous thread?  Possible tie in to the Flash Forward show? 

I know I was a little ahead of my self with the celebration...I just couldn't wait!   

I did read the last posts on the previous thread...but I never watched Flash Forward so I would be really confused if that were true!  Is Flash Forward still on?

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 10:47:33 AM »

I honestly don't know if it's still on, or if the season has ended.  I only watched a few episodes.

Did you get a chance to go to this link posted in the other thread?
http://tengossip.com/2009/09/26/the-flash-forwardlost-connection/

It IS rather freaky the connections there..................

In FF, "Charlie" from lost appears to be the individual responsible for the entire world (save a couple of people) blacking out at the same exact moment, for the same amount of time.

That link should show you some things that I had missed in the few FFs I did watch.  And I must say my jaw fell to my toes!!!

I honestly don't know if these things are coincidences, or if the two shows really will tie together.

I'm glad ABC is running the Finale from last season first tonight - I definitely need a memory refresher!
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:10:52 AM »

OK, so we're back to more questions. 

Does the Jack on the plane remember everything?  At times he seems to, and at others not so much.

Same question for Sawyer on the plane - after Hurley's "I won the lottery" announcement, Sawyer is looking at him either as a friend, or as his next con.  And speaking of Hurley who never had anything but bad luck because of those numbers - he's now "the luckiest man alive"?

Rose and Bernard - so this means the Rose on the plane still has cancer, right?

Charlie being a crack head - that still fits with the Charlie before the crash, but what about his "I was supposed to die" statement?

And why did Sayid join Jack at the bathroom after a request for a doctor was made?  I found that odd.

Kate the fugitive, that also still fits with the kate before the crash.  As does the acrimony between Sun and Jin.

So far the only one whose life appears different is Hurley's?

Well, and of course Boon's sister - what was her name again?  Her not being on the plane is different.  And where are all the rest of them?  Libby Anna Lucia, etc etc....

Back on the island......

Why are they on the island AND on the plane??  Atom bomb.................did it create a tear in the time line, giving them to realities - one not in touch with the other?  Except for maybe Jack?

Juliet told Sawyer via Miles that "it worked".  Meaning the bomb worked, and they are NOT really on the island, right?

Sayid on the island......Jacob directed them to the Temple to "save" Sayid.  But jacob was dead.  Is the come-back-to-life Sayid really Jacob?  Did Jacob need a body to somehow return, like his old friend did with Locke's body?

Good to know what the black monster is now, finally. 

What does Richard know about Jacob and this other guy?  And why was Richard "in chains" at one point?  Are the answers about the mysterious Richard tied to Jacob and the other guy?  Is he from their time?  Did he come to the island when they did?  And why is this other guy to be feared?  By both the Temple inhabitants, and by Richard after he saw the flare.

And who in the world are these Temple people anyway?  And how did they get ahold of (and welcome) an 815 survivor, apparently right from the get go?  And are the rest of Danielle's team in the temple?

And what was the deal with seeing the entire island under water at the beginning?

Oh.  And why in the world was Desmond on the plane?
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »

And according to an ad last night, new episodes of Flash Forward start in March.

And DUH!!  The actress who plays Penelope in Lost is playing the doctor wife of the main guy in FF.

In the few episodes I watched, I did see her - but just didn't make the connection of who she played in LOST.

So that kind of blows the tie in of the two shows for me.  Penelope is not a doctor in LOST, right?
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 02:07:36 PM »

Of all mornings work has been nutty...I have been trying to get to this for hours!  LOL.

My thoughts in blue...

Many more questions! LOL

Does the Jack on the plane remember everything?  At times he seems to, and at others not so much.

At times I thought he might have remembered some things/people...maybe like a deja vu thing.  But I have a feeling they don't remember.

Same question for Sawyer on the plane - after Hurley's "I won the lottery" announcement, Sawyer is looking at him either as a friend, or as his next con.  And speaking of Hurley who never had anything but bad luck because of those numbers - he's now "the luckiest man alive"?

I thought that was odd.  Maybe he just wanted to shut Sawyer up and said he was lucky to avoid a big conversation of all the things that have gone wrong.  I think I practically saw $$ in Sawyer's eyes when Hurley said he was a lottery winner.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sawyer tries to track him down and con him.   

I think you are correct, especially since Locke is still crippled.

Charlie being a crack head - that still fits with the Charlie before the crash, but what about his "I was supposed to die" statement?

I don't know why he said that.  Why did he even swallow the drugs?  That didn't make sense to me. 

And why did Sayid join Jack at the bathroom after a request for a doctor was made?  I found that odd.

I found that odd also.

Kate the fugitive, that also still fits with the kate before the crash.  As does the acrimony between Sun and Jin.

I felt bad for Sun.  Island Sun made so much progress and plane Sun is still stuck with jerky Jin. Doesn't Sun know what Jin does for a living?  Why would she be shocked about all that money?  I was nervous that it was hers and she would have to explain that to Jin.  That would have been interesting!  LOL.

I still think he was bluffing.

Well, and of course Boone's sister - what was her name again?  Her not being on the plane is different.  And where are all the rest of them?  Libby Anna Lucia, etc etc....

It was odd that Shannon (Boone's sister) didn't join Boone on the plane.  I assume the actress wasn't available but it was still odd that this plane trip didn't follow the original plane trip.  I would have rather had Boone not be shown at all...like Michael/Libby/Anna Lucia.  Although I wasn't surprised Libby/Ann Lucia weren't shown since they were on the back of the plane. 

Back on the island......

Why are they on the island AND on the plane??  Atom bomb.................did it create a tear in the time line, giving them to realities - one not in touch with the other?  Except for maybe Jack?

I think the bomb split realities...like different dimensions.

Juliet told Sawyer via Miles that "it worked".  Meaning the bomb worked, and they are NOT really on the island, right?

I think in their reality/dimension they are on the island but there is a reality/dimension that continues in the real world that is totally separate.

Sayid on the island......Jacob directed them to the Temple to "save" Sayid.  But jacob was dead.  Is the come-back-to-life Sayid really Jacob?  Did Jacob need a body to somehow return, like his old friend did with Locke's body?

This is exactly what I think.  Sayid seemed to make amends for his past and was therefore the perfect candidate to embody Jacob. 

Finally a HUGE question is answered!  I figured that the smoke monster was the "black shirt" guy.  We also now know why Jacob's cabin was surrounded by ash.  I wonder why the ash acts like a barrier to the smoke monster.  I did like when Locke 2.0 (as I have come to call him...LOL) said to Ben that he was sorry Ben had to see him like that.  I really like how Locke and Locke 2.0 are polar opposites.  It must be a blast for the actor to play this new character.

What does Richard know about Jacob and this other guy?  And why was Richard "in chains" at one point?  Are the answers about the mysterious Richard tied to Jacob and the other guy?  Is he from their time?  Did he come to the island when they did?  And why is this other guy to be feared?  By both the Temple inhabitants, and by Richard after he saw the flare.

I think Richard knows a lot about the good/evil on the island.  When Locke 2.0 mentioned the chains the first thing I thought of is the Black Rock.  Was Richard on the Black Rock, in chains as a slave of some kind, and maybe was saved/rescued by Jacob?  Also, why did Locke 2.0 knock Richard out?  Is it to use him as bait when he gets to the Temple?  For some reason I believe Richard is "chosen" and holds big time answers to the island.  He has been there so long he HAS to have some answers.

And who in the world are these Temple people anyway?  And how did they get ahold of (and welcome) an 815 survivor, apparently right from the get go?  And are the rest of Danielle's team in the temple?

I think the stewardess was on the original List from Jacob and therefore accepted into the Temple people no questions asked.  Maybe they are pure instead of corrupted in some way.  Like our survivors all seemed to be corrupted/broken/damaged from various life events.  From what I saw it looked like the 815 survivors that were taken/accepted by the Temple didn't seem to have it so bad.  LOL.

And what was the deal with seeing the entire island under water at the beginning?

I think the island being under water is part of the new reality for the plane people.  To them/the world it doesn't exist. 

I was shocked by that.  But I guess that goes with the above that the island doesn't exist in their reality.

Some additional thoughts....
I liked how in this flight and in the original crash Jack couldn’t find a pen to do his operation. 

I also thought the stewardess gave Jack 2 bottles of liquor in the original flight.  He put the second in his pocket which Kate later used to sterilize his injury.  I could be wrong.

I loved how Sawyer helped Kate in the elevator.  Also, what a nice surprise to see Claire alive and well in the cab.  But I still want to know what happened to her on the island.  It will be interesting to see how their lives progress in L.A.

I also liked the Jack/Locke conversation at the service counter.  Could Jack actually "fix" Locke in this reality?  Locke deserves a break.  LOL.

Poor Locke...having to lie to Boone about why he was in Australia.     But I did enjoy the comment if they crash Boone was going to stick with Locke.  If he only knew that is what gets him killed in a different reality.   Monkey Devil!

Why did Jack stop trying to save Sayid when Kate told him to.  He is usually so stubborn and the "old" Jack wouldn't have given up so easily. 

OK...Juliet...I don't know if you remember but I am NOT a Juliet fan.  When she started making noise and they were trying to save her I was so annoyed.  But I am glad that Sawyer got some kind of closure by being able to see her again and then burying her.  I think that helped his rage towards Jack even out.

I can't wait for next week.  Do you know how many episodes there are this season?  It is usually 18?

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 02:16:21 PM »

And according to an ad last night, new episodes of Flash Forward start in March.

And DUH!!  The actress who plays Penelope in Lost is playing the doctor wife of the main guy in FF.

In the few episodes I watched, I did see her - but just didn't make the connection of who she played in LOST.

So that kind of blows the tie in of the two shows for me.  Penelope is not a doctor in LOST, right?

I thought of you when I saw that commercial.

I don't think there will be a crossover.  Since not everyone that watches Lost watches FF that would be very confusing.  Does the actor who played Charlie play a rocker in FF?  I don't think they ever an indication of Penny's profession. 

Also...the actress that plays Juliet is in V.  Funny how these actors go from one sci-fi show to other sci-fi shows. 

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 02:47:52 PM »

LOL - I am continually amazed with these writers - they certainly know how to keep us guessing!!

Mine in green....

Of all mornings work has been nutty...I have been trying to get to this for hours!  LOL.

My thoughts in blue...

Many more questions! LOL

At times I thought he might have remembered some things/people...maybe like a deja vu thing.  But I have a feeling they don't remember.

I know in Daniel's theory they weren't supposed to remember - but Jack's emotions just seemed excessive for simple turbulence and such.  So I almost think he does remember.  Some things anyway.....maybe.  And what was that bloody cut on his neck?  I don't remember much from the initial flight, so your insights below were great for my memory!!  Thank you!

I thought that was odd.  Maybe he just wanted to shut Sawyer up and said he was lucky to avoid a big conversation of all the things that have gone wrong.  I think I practically saw $$ in Sawyer's eyes when Hurley said he was a lottery winner.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sawyer tries to track him down and con him.   

But this Sawyer seemed a much nicer character than what we saw of the old pre-island Sawyer.  And remember, he just killed the wrong man in Sydney. So his friendly demeanor was even more odd for me.

I think you are correct, especially since Locke is still crippled.

I don't know why he said that.  Why did he even swallow the drugs?  That didn't make sense to me. 

I'm thinking he was trying to get the drugs out of his stomach, and not into it?  Smuggled them on by having swallowed them, then was trying to get them back out to get his fix.

I found that odd also.

So it's these little things that make me think maybe some of them DO remember?

I felt bad for Sun.  Island Sun made so much progress and plane Sun is still stuck with jerky Jin. Doesn't Sun know what Jin does for a living?  Why would she be shocked about all that money?  I was nervous that it was hers and she would have to explain that to Jin.  That would have been interesting!  LOL.

I think I remember Sun knows that Jin works for her father, but not that he's a thug.

I still think he was bluffing.

Well, and of course Boone's sister - what was her name again?  Her not being on the plane is different.  And where are all the rest of them?  Libby Anna Lucia, etc etc....

It was odd that Shannon (Boone's sister) didn't join Boone on the plane.  I assume the actress wasn't available but it was still odd that this plane trip didn't follow the original plane trip.  I would have rather had Boone not be shown at all...like Michael/Libby/Anna Lucia.  Although I wasn't surprised Libby/Ann Lucia weren't shown since they were on the back of the plane. 

YES, Shannon.  thanks!!  Do you remember anything about that annoying guy who was peppering Hurley with questions?  I don't know if I remember him from the original flight.  And if we are supposed to remember him, wouldn't he have been in the back of the plane w/Anna Lucia and Libby......because if he was there originally, he had to be with that group?

Back on the island......

But here's what I really don't get.  If it just split realities, and the crash never happened - then why was the Hatch blown up?  Why was the hatch even there?  The hatch only got blown up because of what 815 people did to interfere with Desmond pushing the button.  So if the crash never happened, then the hatch never blew up, right?  And if the crash never happened, then the electro magnetic field surrounding the island was never there, because the bomb neutralized it, right?  And so the hatch was never built, right?  And so no Desmond there to push the button, right?  Because it was tht same energy that pulled his sailboat off course into the island in the first place, right? 

I think in their reality/dimension they are on the island but there is a reality/dimension that continues in the real world that is totally separate.

This is exactly what I think.  Sayid seemed to make amends for his past and was therefore the perfect candidate to embody Jacob. 

LOL - well at least here's something that maybe we've figured out for sure! 

Finally a HUGE question is answered!  I figured that the smoke monster was the "black shirt" guy.  We also now know why Jacob's cabin was surrounded by ash.  I wonder why the ash acts like a barrier to the smoke monster.  I did like when Locke 2.0 (as I have come to call him...LOL) said to Ben that he was sorry Ben had to see him like that.  I really like how Locke and Locke 2.0 are polar opposites.  It must be a blast for the actor to play this new character.

I agree - the actor must be having a ball.  Locke 2.0.....I like it!!  You know what I really like to see?  Ben being completely confused and humbled.  Those must be completely foreign feelings for him.

I think Richard knows a lot about the good/evil on the island.  When Locke 2.0 mentioned the chains the first thing I thought of is the Black Rock.  Was Richard on the Black Rock, in chains as a slave of some kind, and maybe was saved/rescued by Jacob?  Also, why did Locke 2.0 knock Richard out?  Is it to use him as bait when he gets to the Temple?  For some reason I believe Richard is "chosen" and holds big time answers to the island.  He has been there so long he HAS to have some answers.

But who is the Good, and who is the Evil on the island?  Black shirt or jacob........good/evil. ??  I honestly can't tell.  Black shirt made the comment (do we have a name for him yet) about how Jacob brings people to the island, and it always ends the same.  Jacob said it does, but everything to that point is progress.  WTH does that mean?  If Richard was saved/chosen by Jacob - is that a good thing or a bad thing for Richard?  Because Richard enlisted Ben, who we know was a royal jerk and a murderer.  Can you remind me about Black Rock?  I am drawing a complete blank there....  but I do agree with you, Richard is chosen for something, and he has much knowledge.

I think the stewardess was on the original List from Jacob and therefore accepted into the Temple people no questions asked.  Maybe they are pure instead of corrupted in some way.  Like our survivors all seemed to be corrupted/broken/damaged from various life events.  From what I saw it looked like the 815 survivors that were taken/accepted by the Temple didn't seem to have it so bad.  LOL.

Jacob had a list?  LOL, ok that makes sense then that they were all asked their names.  And they all replied with first and last name.  If entry is related to purity/innocence, then why was a very pregnant, very young Danielle never granted entry?  She didn't seem corrupted.  Hmmmm.....

I think the island being under water is part of the new reality for the plane people.  To them/the world it doesn't exist. 

That could be!  For some reason though, I'm thinking of when Ben first moved the island, and it seemed to disappear right into the water.  I'm very interested in this aspect of the show.

I was shocked by that.  But I guess that goes with the above that the island doesn't exist in their reality.

OK.......do you remember where Desmond's sail round the world was supposed to end?  Was it Sydney?

I liked how in this flight and in the original crash Jack couldn’t find a pen to do his operation. 

Help here????  Who was the operation on for the original flight?

I also thought the stewardess gave Jack 2 bottles of liquor in the original flight.  He put the second in his pocket which Kate later used to sterilize his injury.  I could be wrong.

I don't remember any of that...........really not much at all about the original flight.  And wouldn't that have been earlier in the flight anyway?  Nearer their origination rather than LA?

I loved how Sawyer helped Kate in the elevator.  Also, what a nice surprise to see Claire alive and well in the cab.  But I still want to know what happened to her on the island.  It will be interesting to see how their lives progress in L.A.

I also liked the Jack/Locke conversation at the service counter.  Could Jack actually "fix" Locke in this reality?  Locke deserves a break.  LOL.

I liked all of this also.  And see????  That goes back to my earlier thoughts on Sawyer being WAAAAAYYYY more friendly here than the original Sawyer was.  I really did like seeing Jack and Locke being friendly!
Poor Locke...having to lie to Boone about why he was in Australia.     But I did enjoy the comment if they crash Boone was going to stick with Locke.  If he only knew that is what gets him killed in a different reality.   Monkey Devil!

LOL - no kidding.  The irony, eh?  Locke also seemed in better spirits than the old Locke - there was no anger or rage or self pitying going on here.......

Why did Jack stop trying to save Sayid when Kate told him to.  He is usually so stubborn and the "old" Jack wouldn't have given up so easily.  \

That bothered me as well, you could tell he was really beating himself up for the loss of both Juliet and Sayid.

OK...Juliet...I don't know if you remember but I am NOT a Juliet fan.  When she started making noise and they were trying to save her I was so annoyed.  But I am glad that Sawyer got some kind of closure by being able to see her again and then burying her.  I think that helped his rage towards Jack even out.

LOL - I do remember your dislike of Juliet.  Did you notice though?  I don't think it was the same actress.  The bone structure in her face wasn't the same, IMO.  And that also goes back to the alternate reality thing.....Juliet would never have been on the island, and she never would have known any of the 815.  LOL I'm so confused!!

I can't wait for next week.  Do you know how many episodes there are this season?  It is usually 18?

I really don't have a clue how many episodes they will have this year.  I'll look around and see if I can find out.

It's great sharing thoughts with you again!! 
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »

I thought of you when I saw that commercial.

I don't think there will be a crossover.  Since not everyone that watches Lost watches FF that would be very confusing.  Does the actor who played Charlie play a rocker in FF?  I don't think they ever an indication of Penny's profession. 

Also...the actress that plays Juliet is in V.  Funny how these actors go from one sci-fi show to other sci-fi shows. 

No, I don't believe "Charlie" is a rocker in FF.  But I didn't watch enough of it know what exactly he does.  I'm trying to wrack my brain on whether or not we ever knew what Penelope did?

LOL - I have never watched V, but I do remember seeing "Juliet" in the commercials for it.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 03:29:14 PM »

Ah Ha!  Seems there will be 16 episodes.

Here is an "Episode Guide" for last night's show.  Seems we caught most of what is pointed out here:

http://lost.about.com/od/cluesbyepisode/a/6x1clu.htm

LA X Clues
•Things seem to be slightly different on Flight 815 than they were the first time we saw it.
•When Jack talks to Cindy on the plane in episode 1x1, Pilot Part 1 she gives him two bottles of vodka, but in this episode, she only gives him one. Also instead of putting it in his pocket as he'd done before, he pours it into his cup.
•Sawyer seems nicer than he should be when he bumps into the Marshal and when he talks to Hurley about getting taken advantage of.
•Hurley feels like he's the luckiest guy alive (rather than cursed by the numbers).
•Locke says he went on the walkabout, but more likely he is telling Boone what he wished would have happened instead of what actually did, otherwise he wouldn't have been on that flight.
•Shannon was not with Boone.
•Charlie didn't run into the bathroom, bumping into Jack with the flight attendants running after him. Instead he was in the bathroom for half an hour before they even did anything.
•The Marshal's haliburton case was in the overhead compartment rather than under the seat.
•Jack had blood on his neck after the turbulence in the alternate timeline.
•Locke's words to Bram are interesting. He says that Jacob is dead so "you're free." What is he free from? Did Jacob have some kind of hold on him?
•Charlie says he was supposed to die (yet Jack saved him like he had on the island).
•Juliet talks about something that may have happened in the past, completely removed from the present, just like Charlotte did right before she died.
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 01:58:38 PM »

Me in Red.

My thoughts in blue...

Many more questions! LOL

I know in Daniel's theory they weren't supposed to remember - but Jack's emotions just seemed excessive for simple turbulence and such.  So I almost think he does remember.  Some things anyway.....maybe.  And what was that bloody cut on his neck?  I don't remember much from the initial flight, so your insights below were great for my memory!!  Thank you!

I forgot about the cut on Jack's neck.  I have no idea how that would relate to the bomb going off.

But this Sawyer seemed a much nicer character than what we saw of the old pre-island Sawyer.  And remember, he just killed the wrong man in Sydney. So his friendly demeanor was even more odd for me.

Good catch about Sawyer.

I'm thinking he was trying to get the drugs out of his stomach, and not into it?  Smuggled them on by having swallowed them, then was trying to get them back out to get his fix.

Gross!  LOL.  But why would he have to smuggle them on this time?  Unless he did that last time too and we just didn't know about it.

YES, Shannon.  thanks!!  Do you remember anything about that annoying guy who was peppering Hurley with questions?  I don't know if I remember him from the original flight.  And if we are supposed to remember him, wouldn't he have been in the back of the plane w/Anna Lucia and Libby......because if he was there originally, he had to be with that group?

The guy that was questioning Hurley was on the island.  His name was Artz?  He was a science teacher.  He warned the raft builders in season 1 about having to get going before the storms started.  He also collected the spiders that that girl used to make her boyfriend (Pablo?) become paralyzed and then she got paralyzed and they were buried alive.  He also died after the TNT blew up at the Black Rock (see below for a recap on the Black Rock).  Remember, he was blown to smithereens? 

Back on the island......

But here's what I really don't get.  If it just split realities, and the crash never happened - then why was the Hatch blown up?  Why was the hatch even there?  The hatch only got blown up because of what 815 people did to interfere with Desmond pushing the button.  So if the crash never happened, then the hatch never blew up, right?  And if the crash never happened, then the electro magnetic field surrounding the island was never there, because the bomb neutralized it, right?  And so the hatch was never built, right?  And so no Desmond there to push the button, right?  Because it was tht same energy that pulled his sailboat off course into the island in the first place, right? 

I think the survivors' reality/dimensions split not the island's.  For the survivors on the island their time line is still intact.  So everything that has happened on and to the island to date stays the same.  Possibly?!?   

I agree - the actor must be having a ball.  Locke 2.0.....I like it!!  You know what I really like to see?  Ben being completely confused and humbled.  Those must be completely foreign feelings for him.

I'm sure that is coming.  How could he NOT be confused?  LOL.

But who is the Good, and who is the Evil on the island?  Black shirt or jacob........good/evil. ??  I honestly can't tell.  Black shirt made the comment (do we have a name for him yet) about how Jacob brings people to the island, and it always ends the same.  Jacob said it does, but everything to that point is progress.  WTH does that mean?  If Richard was saved/chosen by Jacob - is that a good thing or a bad thing for Richard?  Because Richard enlisted Ben, who we know was a royal jerk and a murderer.  Can you remind me about Black Rock?  I am drawing a complete blank there....  but I do agree with you, Richard is chosen for something, and he has much knowledge.

We don't have a name for black shirt guy yet.  I have assumed he was the "evil" side and Jacob was the "good" side, strictly on the black and white thing.  Black is usually associated with evil and white is usually associated with good.  But I wouldn't be surprised if the writers switched it up on us.  LOL. 

The Black Rock is the boat that got stuck on the island.  This is where Danielle took the survivors and where the TNT was.  See above...where Artz died.  It was also shown on the recap in the beginning of the episode when Jacob and black shirt guy were talking.  On the boat Locke/Jack/Kate discovered skeletons in chains leading us to believe it was a slave ship. 

Jacob had a list?  LOL, ok that makes sense then that they were all asked their names.  And they all replied with first and last name.  If entry is related to purity/innocence, then why was a very pregnant, very young Danielle never granted entry?  She didn't seem corrupted.  Hmmmm.....

Jacob's lists were what Ben's people went on when they were kidnapping people in season 1 after the crash.  Remember some people were kidnapped like the stewardess and kids.  Eko killed one (or two) at one point when they came into the his camp on the first or second night.  I don't know about Danielle.  Maybe she couldn't be accepted into the Temple because Ben stole Alex.  She would have not allowed Ben to keep Alex if she was in the Temple.

OK.......do you remember where Desmond's sail round the world was supposed to end?  Was it Sydney?

I will have to check into this.  I'm not sure.

Help here????  Who was the operation on for the original flight?

It was right after the crash.  He needed a pen (for Rose I think) to get her breathing again.  He sent Boone around looking for a pen, which he found way after the fact.

I liked all of this also.  And see????  That goes back to my earlier thoughts on Sawyer being WAAAAAYYYY more friendly here than the original Sawyer was.  I really did like seeing Jack and Locke being friendly!

True...they did all seem to have a calmness to them.

LOL - I do remember your dislike of Juliet.  Did you notice though?  I don't think it was the same actress.  The bone structure in her face wasn't the same, IMO.  And that also goes back to the alternate reality thing.....Juliet would never have been on the island, and she never would have known any of the 815.  LOL I'm so confused!!

It was the same actress...I think you were thrown off by the darkness and blood on her.

I really don't have a clue how many episodes they will have this year.  I'll look around and see if I can find out.

It's great sharing thoughts with you again!! 

Agreed!!! 

JOLfan
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 02:11:15 PM »

Me in Red.

Here is an "Episode Guide" for last night's show.  Seems we caught most of what is pointed out here:

We are so AWESOME!! LOL.

•The Marshal's haliburton case was in the overhead compartment rather than under the seat. I didn't notice this.

•Locke's words to Bram Who is Bram?  One of the bodyguards? are interesting. He says that Jacob is dead so "you're free." What is he free from? Did Jacob have some kind of hold on him?

•Charlie says he was supposed to die (yet Jack saved him like he had on the island). Maybe Charlie felt his destiny was to die like on the island when Desmond kept saving him?

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 08:28:50 AM »

Me in Red.

We are so AWESOME!! LOL.  Monkey Devil!

•The Marshal's haliburton case was in the overhead compartment rather than under the seat. I didn't notice this.

Well with my memory of the original plane ride, I certainly didn't either, LOL.  BUT wasn't that case found in the Lagoon after the crash?  I think I remember Kate and....Sawyer?......diving for it.  Was it because of the Marshall's gun?  I don't remember what they were after in that case.

•Locke's words to Bram Who is Bram?  One of the bodyguards? are interesting. He says that Jacob is dead so "you're free." What is he free from? Did Jacob have some kind of hold on him?

Yes, Bram is one of the bodybuards - the bigger guy......brunette.  I wondered about the "free" part also - maybe these bodyguards were a part of how/why Jacob has been able to come and go from the island?  And now I'm having a brain fart - did it seem at all like they and Richard knew each other?

•Charlie says he was supposed to die (yet Jack saved him like he had on the island). Maybe Charlie felt his destiny was to die like on the island when Desmond kept saving him?

that could be.......which would also go in line with my thoughts that Jack......maybe Sawyer......and now Charlie? Remember something of the island?

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 08:31:53 AM »

Thank you for the memory help on the Black Rock, Artz, and Rose.

Yes, now I remember Black Rock, and the skeletons in chains.  Also remember Artz getting blown up.

Good thought on Richard and Black Rock.........since that is the only place we have seen what could have been slaves - that is definitely the best guess we have so far.

Do we know when the ship got there?  I'm still wondering if that was when Jacob and black shirt did.....
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 02:33:12 PM »

Hello fellow Lost Fans. So glad to come here and read questions and ponderings about the latest show that have been rattling around in my mind also. I agree that the tie in with the show Flash Forward just doesn't connect. It was interesting at the time I read it but the more I thought about it, the more it just doesn't work.

Why in the world did we see the island under water when we see them all on the island later above water? This is something that really sticks in my mind I'd love to have an answer to. I go to sleep at night trying to figure out all the puzzles. lol. Have even wondered if this is some kind of purgatory like in the movie The Others with Nicole Kidman. The title gives me the creeps thinking about The Others on the island in Lost. lol.

I watched an interview with the writers and I'm still whining that they're not going to answer all the questions about the island's mysterious powers.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 08:40:38 AM »

Hello NickandNora!

I've wondered about the Purgatory idea for a few seasons now.
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 10:09:11 PM »

Hi Jen. You're the first Lost fan I've met that is wondering about it too.

I find it hard to believe that Sayid could be evil. No way!    He's one of my favorites.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »

I wasn't able to watch on Tuesday, and had to watch yesterday on the computer.  I guess missing all the commercials was nice though. 

I like Sayid also, it will be very strange to watch him become a bad guy.

So what (or who) are the Temple people thinking he's infected with?  I thought to them Jacob was the good guy?  So are they thinking Jacob inhabited Sayid's body, and is evil?  I'm so confused!

And why would their leader guy be so upset if Jack swallowed that pill?  Couldn't he just make another one?  Why is it a big deal that all the 815 folk are safe and inside the Temple walls?

I don't like seeing Sawyer in such a twist over Juliette.    Hopefully he'll get past that soon!

And what's up with Claire "knowing" Aaron's name?  That's kind of in line with my thoughts from last week about some of them remembering the island stuff.

I laughed at the taxi driver running over that one guy's luggage, and the fit that guy threw.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 10:25:27 AM »

Oh.  And what's the deal with saying Claire has turned dark, or whatever they called it?

Reminds me of when she was in Jacob's cabin with Christian.

Remember it was Christian who helped Locke turn the wheel to get the 815 folks back to the island.  Why?  Why does Jacob want them all there?

Maybe all this really does mean Jacob is the evil one, and black shirt is the good guy?

And how did Russo die?  And why did the Temple people not want anything about that known?
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.