April 18, 2024, 10:42:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larry Baker 54, Cleveland TX Last seen 1/28/10-Has Medical Condition  (Read 4242 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: February 01, 2010, 02:56:45 PM »

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100201-missing-larry-baker

Man Missing, Has Weakening Medical Condition

(Video Available in article)
Updated: Monday, 01 Feb 2010, 9:30 AM CST
Published : Monday, 01 Feb 2010, 9:30 AM CST

Larry Baker

ALEXANDER SUPGUL
      Web Producer

Deputies are searching for a man in need of medical attention who has not been seen near his home in Cleveland since Friday.

The Liberty County Sheriff's Department is conducting the search for Larry Baker, 54. His relatives say he has a medical condition that leaves him weak.

Baker was last seen at approximately 1 p.m. Friday in Cleveland. He wore white athletic shoes with blue trim. He is also known to wear eyeglasses and has a large mustache.

Search teams are concerned about Baker being exposed to cold and rainy weather.

Anyone with information about where to find Larry Baker is asked to contact the Liberty County Sheriff's Department at 409-550-2281.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »

MISSING PERSON ALERT

A 54-year-old Cleveland area man remains missing and endangered on Monday. Larry Richard Baker, Sr. suffers from multiple serious health problems including high blood pressure, multiple strokes and the beginning stages of dementia.

Baker, who lives near the intersection of Plum Grove Road (FM 1010) and CR 325 was last seen Thursday night by his sister who lives on the same property when she took food to him.

Police think Baker left home between 1 and 2 a.m., wears white tennis shoes w/ blue trim every day. The family says he cannot walk far without stopping to rest. However, a member of Texas Equusearch pointed out that in the past someone who was said to be unable to walk very far had walked 27 miles from home by the time he was found.

The family was uncertain what direction Baker might have gone. He worked at a nearby store until suffering a stroke last July and it was suggested he might have headed that direction. Unfortunately, that lead did not pan out, nor did any others.

At 11:24 Friday morning, the Cleveland Fire Department was dispatched to assist Liberty County Sheriff’s Department in the search. They were also assisted by Plum Grove Firefighters.

Dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice were also used in the search. At least one body of water was searched Friday with no results. At nightfall, the search was suspended and resumed on Saturday, with the same results.

Texas Equusearch has also become involved. Here’s a link to their page with additional information and a downloadable poster: Texas Equusearch – Baker

Baker is described at 5′ 11″, 150 lbs. with brown hair and green eyes and a moustache.

Anyone who finds Baker should contact nearby law enforcement.

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=3310

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 10:25:15 PM »

I went to www.wunderground.com and checked the weather for Cleveland, TX.  Tonight the temp is 50F, with a light drizzle. 
Rest of Tonight
Cloudy. A 50 percent chance of rain early in the evening...then a 20 percent chance after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
cloudy    
Friday
Mostly cloudy. Patchy fog early in the morning. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.
» ZIP Code Detail
nt_cloudy    
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds around 5 mph.
cloudy    
Saturday
Mostly cloudy early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. North winds 5 to 10 mph.

nt_partlycloudy    
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. Northeast winds around 5 mph.
partlycloudy    
Sunday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s.
nt_partlycloudy    
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy in the evening then becoming mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s.
chancerain    
Monday
Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning... then a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 30 percent in the morning increasing to 40 percent in the afternoon.
nt_chancerain    
Monday Night
Cloudy with a chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 40s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
cloudy    
Tuesday
Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Cooler. Highs in the lower 50s.
nt_partlycloudy    
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s.

This is really bad if Mr. Baker is out there.  I hope he's found shelter, or someone may have picked him up and given him a ride.   He's without his medications, but I wonder if he's had any food or water?  I hope he can be found soon.  an angelic monkey  It will be one week tomorrow (Friday) since he was last seen.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 10:05:59 AM »

Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Sheriff’s office pursues new lead in case of missing Cleveland man

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/cleveland/news/sheriff-s-office-pursues-new-lead-in-case-of-missing/article_74404eab-1000-594f-b900-a648e18e926e.html?mode=story

The Liberty County Sheriff’s Office and Texas EquuSearch are continuing to exhaust all leads in the case of Larry Baker, who went missing Jan. 29, 2010 from his home on CR 325 off of FM 1010 outside of Cleveland. Baker was 54 at the time.

Six years later, law enforcement still hasn’t found any sign of Baker despite an extensive search of the area near his home on the night of his disappearance, the draining of a 20 X 20-foot pond behind his home last March and a search of a property in San Jacinto County where the prime suspect in the case once lived before moving to CR 325.

The man identified by the sheriff’s office as the prime suspect was a relative of Baker’s by marriage. In November 2011, the suspect was the victim of a fatal hit-and-run accident in Bradford County, Penn.

On Wednesday, March 23, the sheriff’s office and EquuSearch began a new search on a property on CR 3251, about 500 yards from Baker’s old home. The property is under new ownership by people not related to the case.

“The homeowners told us to do what we have to do. They are really nice people,” said LCSO Sgt. Investigator Brian Bortz.

Texas EquuSearch Founder Tim Miller, using a small backhoe, performed the painstaking task of digging up a 16 X 16-foot area while two members of his team sifted through the dirt looking for human remains and evidence.

The sheriff’s office attempted to keep the search low-key, but the presence of law enforcement vehicles, Texas EquuSearch crews and crime scene tape made it impossible in a neighborhood where houses are clustered close together. At one point during the search, a neighbor was stopped by sheriff’s investigators after he crossed the crime scene tape and attempted to walk up to the dig site. The unnamed man was forced to leave and the investigation resumed.

According to Bortz, the sheriff’s office was alerted to the new site by the ex-wife of a former resident of the property, who claimed that her ex-husband mysteriously dug a deep hole under a storage building behind their mobile home around the time of Baker’s disappearance. The storage building has since been moved so it did not hamper the search Wednesday.

“We had some new information last year that didn’t pan out, but if a viable lead comes up, we will follow it,” he said.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2016, 09:06:16 PM »

Thank you so much for posting the article to update us on Mr. Baker's case, Nut.  I hold hope he will be found.  We have so many missing 

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.