April 19, 2024, 03:47:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I believe  (Read 7933 times)
Jacqueline
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 08:07:14 PM »

I did not think Carnut wrote this, no where did he say so...

I think he was just posting something that meant something to him, that he liked and that he wanted to share...

It seems to me, that it was a kind gesture ~

Thanks for posting it Carnut and to the author out there:

Here, Here!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 02:43:52 PM »

Jacqueline,

You have expressed my reaction to the post.  In fact, earlier, I tried to see if I could find an author, and came up empty, but did find the verbiage on many sites, including inspirational ones.  It is a good read and food for thought, and I admit I've received it in emails in the past.  

If anyone knows the author, please post...thanks.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 04:46:26 PM »

For my monkey friends.  I received this email from a long time friend who now lives many miles away and thought I would share it even though you may have read it before.

SISTERS

A young  woman sat on a sofa on a hot  humid day, drinking iced tea and visiting with her grandmother  . As they talked about life,  about marriage, about the responsibilities of life and the obligations of  adulthood, the  grandmother clinked the ice cubes in her glass thoughtfully and  turned a clear, sober glance upon her  granddaughter.

"Don't forget your  Sisters," she advised, swirling the tea leaves to the bottom of her  glass.
"They'll be more important as you get older. No matter how  much you love your husband, no matter how much you love the children you  may have, you are still going to need Sisters.
Remember to go places with them now and then; do  things with them.

"Remember that 'Sisters' means ALL the women...  your
 girlfriends, your daughters, and all your other women  relatives too.
"You'll need other women. Women always do."

'What a funny piece of advice!' the young woman  thought.
'Haven't I just gotten married? Haven't I just joined the  couple-world?
I'm now a married woman, for goodness sake! A grownup!  Surely my husband and the family we may start will be all I need to make  my life worthwhile!'

But she listened to her Grandmother. She kept contact  with her Sisters and made more women friends each year. As the  years tumbled by, one after another, she gradually came to understand that  her Grandmother really knew what she was talking about. As time and nature work  their changes and their mysteries upon a woman, Sisters are the mainstays  of  her life.

THIS SAYS IT ALL:

Time  passes.

Life happens.

Distance  separates.

Children grow up.

Jobs  come and go.

Love waxes and  wanes.

Men don't do what they're supposed to  do.

Hearts break.

Parents  die.

Colleagues forget  favors.

Careers  end.

BUT.........

Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how  many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther  away than needing her can reach.

When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you  have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the  valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you,  intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's  end. Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you. Or come in and carry you out.

Girlfriends, daughters,  granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law,  Mothers, Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and  extended family, all bless our life!
The world wouldn't be the same without women.
When we began this adventure called womanhood,  we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead.
Nor  did we know how much we would need each other.
Every  day, we need each other still

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 09:07:58 PM »

Dear Tibrogargan,

My heartfelt thanks for posting that beautiful message.

I wish I had a sister. I definitely need more women in my life.

With love,
Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 05:18:15 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
I Believe . . .  Have a seat . . . relax . . . and read this slowly.

This sums it all up . .

I believe -
     . . . that just because two people argue, it doesn't mean they don't love each other.
          And just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.

I believe -
     . . . that we don't have to change friends if we understand that friends change.

I believe -
     . . . that no matter how good a friend is, they're going to hurt you every once in a while and you must forgive them for that.

I believe -
     . . . that true friendship continues to grow, even over the longest distance. Same goes for true love.

I believe -
     . . that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.

I believe -
     . . . that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.

I believe -
     . . . that you should always leave loved ones with loving words. It may be the last time you see them.

I believe -
     . . . that you can keep going long after you think you can't.

I believe -
     . . . that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.

I believe -
     . . . that either you control your attitude or it controls you.

I believe -
     . . . That heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences.

I believe -
     . . . that money is a lousy way of keeping score.

I believe -
     . . that my best friend and I can do anything or nothing and have the best time.

I believe -
     . . . that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down, will be the ones to help you get back up.

I believe -
     . . . that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

I believe -
     . . . that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how
     many birthdays you've celebrated.

I believe -
     . . . that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

I believe -
     . . . that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.

I believe -
     . . . that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.

I believe -
     . . . that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret. It could change your life
     forever.

I believe -
     . . . two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.

I believe -
     . . . that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.

I believe -
     . . . that even when you think you have no more to give, when a friend cries out to you - you will find the strength to help.

I believe -
     . . . that credentials on the wall do not make you a decent human being.

I believe -
     . . . that the people you care about most in life are taken from you too soon.

Carnut...I know I am waaayyy late respomding to this..but it's only because I am trying to catch up..thank you SO MUCH for posting this...I am printing it out right now.....and copying it to send to others.....you have a beautiful heart.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 06:11:42 AM »

Thanks Carnut for this

Haven't seen you post in a while.. but then again I am behind in my reading. Every thing OK?

Valentine's party posted for the 14 th in the lounge.. Do hope you will attend so we can fill in our dance car and have you takes us to our homes in one of your famous cars  for you don't inbibe! Laughing

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.