March 29, 2024, 12:11:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patrick Alford, 7, Missing 1/22/10, Brooklyn, NY  (Read 21802 times)
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« on: February 03, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »

<a href="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=&amp;station=wabc&amp;section=&amp;mediaId=7238358&amp;cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&amp;webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&amp;site=" target="_blank">http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=&amp;station=wabc&amp;section=&amp;mediaId=7238358&amp;cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&amp;webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&amp;site=</a>
  Eyewitness News
EAST NEW YORK (WABC) -- The search for a missing boy from Brooklyn is now it its fourth day.

Investigators say 7-year-old Patrick Alford ran out of his home on Vandalia Avenue in East New York Friday night when his foster mother went to throw out the trash.

Police have spoken to the boy's biological mother. They do not believe foul play was involved.

Alford is 4-foot-8 and weighs 65 pounds. He was last seen wearing a red T-shirt and blue jeans with black sneakers.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7235740&pt=print
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:16:17 AM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:51:48 PM »

The New York Post

February 2, 2010 Tuesday

MISSING BOY'S MOM 'A LIAR'
by Ikimulisa Livingston

The mother of a 7-year- old boy who ran away from a Brooklyn foster home is a drug-addicted, habitual liar incapable of telling the truth about her own kids, a caseworker testified yesterday.

And until Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, provides information about the location of her son, Patrick Alford, she will remain in jail, a Family Court judge said. Investigators say they've found no sign of Patrick, who disappeared from a Brooklyn foster home while taking out the trash on Jan. 22.

Cops have not named Rodriguez as a suspect, but Judge Terrence McElrath, believing that she knows where the boy is, is holding the Staten Island woman in contempt of court.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1120024779&start=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 07:53:42 PM »

Missing Boy in Brooklyn

Seven-year-old Patrick Alford

Updated: Saturday, 23 Jan 2010, 9:44 PM EST
Published : Saturday, 23 Jan 2010, 9:44 PM ESTThe NYPD is asking for the public's assistance in locating a missing child that was last seen on Friday, January 22nd at 9 pm, leaving the lobby of "Spring Creek Development", his home. The boy lives in the confines of the 75th precinct at 130 Vandalia Avenue in Brooklyn.
The missing boy is seven-year-old, Patrick Alford. He is a black male who is 4’8 and 65 pounds. He has a thin build and is in good physical and mental health. He was last seen wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of this missing is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/brooklyn/100123-Patrick-Alford-Missing-Boy

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 07:54:44 PM »

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewPoster&caseNum=1139843&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

This boy looks older than 7 IMO

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »

(snipped) He had just been placed with a foster mother in the apartment complex three weeks prior, after his own mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, of New Brighton, was arrested on petit larceny charges, said Ms. Rodriguez's aunt, Brenda Ortiz

That explains why he was in foster care, but it still doesn't make sense that the foster mother would allow a 7 yr old outside alone at 9 pm. Some forums have stated that trash bins are inside buildings in this area. I don't know because I've never been to Brooklyn; however, if it was in the hallway, that makes me wonder why she didn't take the child back in with her when she went to take the phone call.
http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/01/cops_look_for_7-year-old_state.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »

Search for 7-year-old boy is extended to the Island
Cops search Mariners Harbor area and monitor man said to be connected to the child's mother

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The search for a 7-year-old boy who went missing from his Brooklyn foster home over the weekend extended to Staten Island yesterday, as police searched the Mariners Harbor area last night and kept tabs on a man who sources say is connected to the boy's mother.

The boy, Patrick Alford, didn't turn up as police kept a close watch on Lockman Avenue and nearby Grandview Avenue last night.

Patrick was last seen about 9 p.m. Friday, leaving the lobby of the Spring Creek development at 130 Vandalia Ave. in East New York.

He had been placed with a foster mother in the apartment complex just three weeks prior. His mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, a former West Brighton resident, now lives in New Brighton.

The Brooklyn district attorney's office is also investigating the boy's disappearance, and a spokesman said yesterday that investigators are interviewing the foster mother.

As of last night, an NYPD spokesman said the department had no updates on the boy's possible whereabouts.

Patrick is described as 4 feet, 8 inches tall, 65 pounds, with a small scar over his left eyebrow. He was last seen wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.

Police are asking anyone with information on Patrick's whereabouts to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS (8477). Tipsters can also visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com, or send information via text message, by texting 274637 (CRIMES) and entering TIP577. All calls will be kept confidential, according to police officials.
http://www.silive.com/news/advance/index.ssf?/base/news/126458100723200.xml&coll=1

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 08:00:33 PM »

Judge jails mother, believes she knows location of 7-year-old Patrick Alford

Friday, January 29th 2010, 4:00 AM
The biological mother of a 7-year-old who vanished from his foster home last week has been jailed by a judge who insists she's hiding the child.

Patrick Alford disappeared Friday night from the Brooklyn apartment building where he was placed with a foster family three weeks earlier.

His mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, lost custody after she was arrested on theft charges and the Administration for Children's Services decided she had neglected her son.

The NYPD believes the boy may have run away alone and could be in danger. They deployed boats in the swamps near the foster family's Starrett City home and helicopters in the skies to search for him - but Patrick has yet to be found.

ACS officials and Staten Island Family Court Judge Terrence McElrath - citing Rodriguez's statements to case workers and court officers - insist that Rodriguez knows where Patrick is.

McElrath sent her to Rikers Island on Tuesday - and said yesterday he's keeping her there on contempt charges until the boy turns up.

"Did she comply with order to produce the child? No," McElrath said.

Being led out of the court, Rodriguez blurted out to reporters, "Get me out of here - call my aunt, she has him, she knows where he is."

The aunt, Blanca Toledo, 51, told the Daily News from her Brooklyn home last night that she doesn't have the boy - and has already told that to cops multiple times.

"My niece and I have a love and hate relationship," she said through tears. "I guess she has nothing else to say."

Toledo, who cared for Patrick before he was put in foster care, said the family is furious at her because she told ACS about attempts Rodriguez allegedly made to "kidnap" the boy.

Cops also interviewed a relative in Baltimore based on a tip - but he wasn't there, police said.

Patrick was last seen with his foster mother, Librada Moran, 58, in the lobby of the Spring Creek Development at 9p.m. Friday, police said.

"The foster mother was putting out the trash," said Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly. "Next thing you know, he's gone."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/01/29/2010-01-29_untitled__3missing29m.html#ixzz0e0Imoeux

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 08:03:21 PM »

Mother is ordered to find her missing boy
http://www.silive.com/news/advance/index.ssf?/base/news/1265196610230770.xml&coll=1
West Brighton woman released from Rikers Island to search for son

Wednesday, February 03, 2010
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Jennifer Rodriguez was let out of jail yesterday so she can help police and child welfare authorities find her missing son.
But if Patrick Alford doesn't turn up by the next court date, Tuesday, the 7-year-old boy's West Brighton mother could go back behind bars.

It does not appear that she has that ability [to find Patrick] while incarcerated," Joan Baim, attorney for the city's Administration for Children's Services, told Judge Terrence J McElrath before Ms. Rodriguez, 23, was freed in lieu of yesterday's hearing at Brooklyn Family Court.
Ms. Baim said Ms. Rodriguez's "temporary release" is contingent on two conditions:
She must "entirely cooperate" with ACS and NYPD in their investigation into Patrick's disappearance.
And, Ms. Rodriguez must "use all of her resources within her capability to cause the child to be in court on the adjourn date," next Tuesday at 11:30 a.m.
"The agency's hope is that the mother will make a good-faith effort to speak with family members," Ms. Baim said.
Ms. Rodriguez's attorney, Anthony Morisano, assured the judge his client will use "not her best efforts, but ... all of her efforts" to find her missing son."
Or else, McElrath warned, she could find herself back at the Rose M. Singer Center, Rikers Island's wing for adult and adolescent females, where Ms. Rodriguez had been locked up on contempt charges since last week. The judge then said he believed she knew the whereabouts of her son
The judge's ultimatum didn't sit well with Ms. Rodriguez's aunt, Claudia Ortiz of West Brighton

"She needs to be out there," Ms. Ortiz said outside the courtroom. "But if they don't find [Patrick], she's going to be remanded? That's not fair..."
According to an ACS report obtained by the Advance, Ms. Rodriguez "begged" a caseworker to place her son with his father, Patrick Alford Sr., after she was stripped of custody of Patrick; her 5-year-old daughter, Jailene Alford, and her 4-year-old daughter, Jennifer Yarborough, in the wake of her arrest for shoplifting Dec. 26.

The caseworker noted in the report that Patrick said he would "be happy" if the judge sent him with his father because he "loves his father and loves being with him."
FATHER'S VIEW
"We could have taken them on the spot," said Jennifer's father, Duan Yarborough, 29, of West Brighton, who recalled that Alford Sr. was also at St. George Family Court Jan. 6 when Ms. Rodriguez lost custody of her kids. "This could have been avoided if they would have given [the kids] there on the spot. We were all there together."
Yarborough currently has custody of Jennifer. Jailene is with her father.
But according to the report, Ms. Rodriguez's pleas and Patrick's expressed wishes to be with his dad fell on deaf ears because she lied in court that Alford Sr.'s girlfriend had abused her children.
Ms. Rodriguez later claimed she was "hallucinating" on PCP when she made the statements.
"Unfortunately, that lie [Ms. Rodriguez] told in court is keeping the children in foster care," the ACS caseworker wrote in the report, "and only the judge can determine what happens next."
Ms. Ortiz and Yarborough backed sources' claims that Patrick "had all sorts of problems" at the foster home in East New York's Spring Creek Development, where he was placed with foster mother Librada Moran
"He didn't want to be there," Yarborough said. "They said numerous times he tried to run away. They need to question the foster home."
Police continue to search for Patrick, who is black, stands 4 feet, 8 inches tall and has 65 pounds on his slight frame. He was last seen Jan. 22 wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers with Ms. Moran in the lobby of the apartment building.

Ms. Moran told police Patrick was with her when she was taking out the trash, then disappeared when she took a call on her cell phone.
ACS grew suspicious of Ms. Rodriguez after her aunt, Bianca Toledo, passed the caseworker a note during a supervised visit with Patrick and Jailene claiming the mother was planning to take her children.
The caseworker told McElrath that Ms. Rodriguez had the foster mother's phone number, was calling Ms. Moran several times daily, and that she'd spoken to Patrick a day before he disappeared, grilling him over the route he took when he and Ms. Moran traveled to ACS' offices.
Ms. Rodriguez also was accused in court documents of attempting to kidnap her children from a supervised visit at ACS; following an ACS vehicle to her son's foster home; changing her story "multiple times" regarding her knowledge of Patrick's whereabouts, and appearing at the Spring Creek Development two days after Patrick vanished.
POLYGRAPH TEST
Yesterday, Ms. Baim said the results of a polygraph test showed Ms. Rodriguez "was being truthful" when she said she didn't know where Patrick is.
The polygraph also revealed Ms. Rodriguez "lied about not being involved in the child's disappearance," Ms. Baim told the judge.
Sharman Stein, ACS' director of communications, said ACS "is working closely with the NYPD to do everything possible to find Patrick Alford.
"We are very concerned about his safety and we urge anyone who knows anything about his whereabouts to please contact the NYPD Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS (8477)."

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 08:04:40 PM »

I need to give Hat Tip to HFTM posters for all of the above. I can't take credit for looking all that up. This case is way too confusing for me 

I hope the boy is safe.

canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 01:22:02 PM »

Mom speaks out on missing 7-year-oldThursday, February 04, 2010Related VideoAll Live Video : All Video »   Vigil for missing boy
Missing boy's mom speaks out
Tags:brooklyn, missing person, local news, tim fleischer
Comment Now Email Print Report a typo   
Tim Fleischer
More: Bio, News Team Eyewitness News
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The mother of a missing boy held a vigil in front of the building where he disappeared and where he lived with his foster family.

The mother of 7 year old Patrick Alford, missing since January 22, made a plea for his safe return.

"I just want know where my son is. I love my son. He needs to be home with his family and he needs to be safe," Jennifer Rodriguez said.

But the vigil outside Starrett City in Brooklyn took a strange turn on Wednesday night.

Related Content
Story: Police continue to search for missing Brooklyn boy

More: Get Eyewitness News delivered to you!
Shortly after Rodriguez made a plea for help finding her missing son, police took her into custody. According to her family, there is a restraining order against her and she was not supposed to be anywhere near the foster family's home. Rodriguez was not arrested, they said.

Police still maintain a presence in the neighborhood, continuing to search for little Patrick a dozen days since he vanished.

Earlier in the day, the mother pleaded for the boy to come home. "Patrick, if you're seeing this, I love you. I am not going to stop looking for you. I just want you to be home, she said. "I feel like this is a bad dream, a nightmare for me," adds Rodriguez.

Jennifer had been held in custody for several days on an ACS warrant, stemming from problems she says that led to Patrick and his four-year-old sister being taken from her and placed in foster care.

She was released Tuesday night, and says she wants people to know that she did not have anything to do with her son's disappearance.

Patrick is 4'8" tall, about 65 pounds. He was last seen wearing a red t-shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.

Police have largely focused their search in and around the massive apartment complex.

Eyewitness News was there exclusively as a canine unit went about searching the park land along Hendrix creek just to the east and now his mother is hoping someone will come forward.

"I'm willing to offer a $10,000 reward for any information that leads to my son," adds Rodriguez.

Jennifer admits she is trying to work through problems to get her children back but she's also critical of ACS which oversees the children's care.

"They're supposed to promise my son safety in their hands. There was no safety and now my son is missing and no one knows where he is at," Jennifer said.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of this missing is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS. The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website at CrimeStoppers.com or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.

(Copyright ©2010 WABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7255943
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 01:23:42 PM »

I don't get it.  I thought she was supposed to know where he is.  Why is she pleading for his return. 

Nice Act? 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 09:31:19 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7267381
Mother of missing boy in court, pleads for his return
February 9, 2010
(Video Avail)
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- The mother of a 7-year-old who disappeared from foster care more than two weeks ago was ordered to bring her son to family court Tuesday.

But Patrick Alford's mom came alone, saying she has no idea where her son is and is desperate to find him.

Alford's mother and family members continue their search for the boy, begging for his safe return.

"It's been 19 days," mom Jennifer Rodriguez said. "I don't have my son, and nobody I know has my son, but I believe my son's alive."
Patrick is 4-foot-8 and weighs 65 pounds. He has a slight build and a distinctive scar over his left eye. Police have searched the Giant Sugar Creek apartment complex, known to many as Starrett City, where Patrick had been in foster care.

"Patrick, if you're out there and you hear me, I love you and I'm going to find you, I promise," Rodriguez said.

Rodriguez had been held briefly by police, but was released on conditions that she help in the search and investigation. Back in family court, she was allowed to remain free and repeated that she did not take her son or know who has him.

Some believe Patrick is a resourceful young boy who could fend for himself out on the streets. But his mother believes he must be getting help from someone.

"I hope somebody is helping him, I just want them to find my son," she said. "And if you're out there, please don't hurt my son. He's just a boy and he needs to be with his family."

It is a family torn apart by the little boy's disappearance and the agonizing search that is seemingly no closer to finding him.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of this missing is asked to call Crime stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS. The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime stoppers website at CrimeStoppers.com or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »

http://www.yournabe.com/articles/2010/02/16/brooklyn/courier-yn_brooklyn_front_page-blotcan649.txt
$12G offered for missing boy
 police blotter

By Thomas Tracy
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
$12G offered for missing boy

The city is offering $12,000 for any information that will help lead them to seven-year-old boy who has been missing for nearly a month.

Officials said that Patrick Alford was last seen leaving the lobby of his Vandalia Avenue foster home in Spring Creek at 9 p.m. on January 22 after threatening to run away.

At the time the 4’8”, 65-pound child, who was wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.

It was first believed that Alford had run off to his biological mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, but the woman was let go after being questioned and undergoing a lie detector test. It was also believed that Alford may have run off to relatives as far away as Baltimore and Florida.

Rodriguez lost custody of Alford after she was arrested for theft and the city’s Administration of Children’s Services (ACS) deemed her to be an unfit caregiver.

Alford was put into foster care until he was placed with his current foster family in Spring Creek.

Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to come forward.

Calls can be made to the NYPD CrimesStoppers hotline at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.
<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2010/02/west_brighton_mom_jailed_over.html
West Brighton mom jailed over missing boy now arrested in street-corner fight
By Jeff Harrell
February 17, 2010
Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, of West Brighton, holds up a photo of her son, Patrick Alford, during an interview with reporters on Feb. 4.

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The West Brighton mother who spent three weeks behind bars over her missing 7-year-old son was locked up again -- this time for allegedly fighting a Mariners Harbor woman.

While police and child welfare authorities continue to comb the city for Patrick Alford, his mother Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, threatened Noelly Lopez by phone on Saturday, then clawed Ms. Lopez’s face on a Mariners Harbor street corner yesterday afternoon, cops allege.

Ms. Rodriguez was arraigned today at Stapleton Criminal Court on charges of aggravated harassment, assault and harassment in connection with the fight, which was reportedly triggered when Ms. Rodriguez allegedly told Ms. Lopez to “keep her hands off” a man she identified as “Dwayne,” a law enforcement source said.

Public defender Zoe Mair told Judge Desmond Green that Ms. Lopez “attacked my client” by hitting Ms. Rodriguez in the shoulder and puncturing a hole in her coat.

Ms. Mair added that police from the North Shore’s 120 Precinct called Ms. Rodriguez to the precinct stationhouse “under the pretext of a video” then arrested her when she arrived.

The judge set $500 bail for Ms. Rodriguez. She is due to return to court on Monday.

Ms. Rodriguez was jailed last month by a St. George Family Court judge who believed she was involved in Patrick’s disappearance after the boy vanished from a Brooklyn foster home Jan. 22.

Patrick is black, stands 4 feet, 8 inches tall and has 65 pounds on his slight frame and a scar on his left eyebrow. He was last seen wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers.

The NYPD and Crime Stoppers are offering $12,000 for information leading to the youngster’s whereabouts.Anyone with information regarding Patrick Alford may contact police at 212-694-7781, Detective Borough Brooklyn at 718-287-3239, or 800-577-TIPS.

Those calling the Crime Stoppers tips line should refer to Crime Stoppers Poster Number BK-1726.

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 10:31:08 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010/02/28/2010-02-28_boy_7_still_missing_city_cops_mystified.html

Brooklyn foster child Patrick Alford still missing as NYPD is mystified
BY John Lauinger
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, February 28th 2010, 4:00 AM

Despite an exhaustive month-long police search, the disappearance of Brooklyn foster child Patrick Alford remains a drama-filled mystery.

Less than three weeks after being placed with a foster family in Starrett City, the homesick 7-year-old disappeared while taking out the garbage on the night of Jan. 22.

In the weeks since, Patrick's biological family has waged a bitter finger-pointing battle, while police have pressed what NYPD Deputy Commissioner Paul Browne called "one of the most intensive searches for an individual in recent memory."

Suspicion has surrounded Patrick's biological mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, who lost custody of her son after she was arrested on theft charges. Her aunt has blamed her in the disappearance, and a judge locked her up for contempt because she wouldn't divulge her son's whereabouts.

"I had nothing to do with my son's disappearance," insisted Rodriguez, who passed a lie-detector test. "I believe that my son is still alive."

Rodriguez rejected the idea that the boy - who had threatened to run away before - fled on his own and initially suggested her relatives were involved.

She quickly contradicted herself, saying, "To my knowledge, no one in my family has my son."

The pressure-packed investigation to find Patrick - which boasts a $12,000 reward - has been extensive.

Cops have interviewed some 14,000 people and searched 214 buildings, knocking on 9,100 doors near the East New York foster home and Rodriguez's Staten Island home, police sources said.

Seven registered sex offenders living near the foster family's apartment complex were interviewed, as were 28 bus drivers, employees of seven Brooklyn car services and 21 family members, friends and acquaintances.

Cops also analyzed 81 surveillance videos, including one from the Staten Island Ferry terminal in Manhattan that showed a boy fitting Patrick's description being led away by a woman. His family says it's not him.

Patrick's relatives say they are stumped and have numerous theories about what happened to him. The boy's father, also named Patrick Alford - who has since been granted custody of Patrick's younger sister - said he suspects Rodriguez and the foster mother were in cahoots, noting Rodriguez had foster mother Librada Moran's phone number.

"Her [Moran's] whole story sounds ridiculous. It sounds fake," he said. "If he was threatening to run away, why would you bring him into the hallway [to take out the garbage] with you?"

Rodriguez and her Brooklyn aunt Blanca Toledo have blamed each other in Patrick's disappearance. But Toledo doesn't rule out that the child ran away, saying his spirit seemed "broken" after he was placed with Moran, 58.

"He wanted to come home," said Toledo. "This kid was out of it."

Toledo has been visited at least nine times by detectives, but she says they are wasting their time.

"The boy's not here - he's not here!" Toledo thundered. "I wish he was."

If you have any information about the case, call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2010/02/28/2010-02-28_boy_7_still_missing_city_cops_mystified.html#ixzz0gqS01VdE

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 12:59:17 PM »

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-pix-investigates-missing-boy,0,5547988.story
(Video Avail)
PIX Exclusive: Missing Boy's Last Meeting with Mom
March 3, 2010

CANARSIE, N.Y. (WPIX) - PIX Investigates has obtained exclusive photos of the last meeting between a 7-year-old foster child and his biological mom, about a week before he vanished from an apartment building in Canarsie, Brooklyn.

The cell phone pictures show 7-year-old Patrick Alford happy, when he's posing in front of a dinosaur painting, but forlorn when he's hugging his mother, as the visit was ending.

The boy's grand-aunt, Blanca Toledo, told PIX News, "Patrick was arguing with his mother, 'Why can't you take me home?' He was upset...There was a big scene; Patrick threw himself on the floor. He said 'Why? Why?' It was horrible."

Patrick disappeared, while taking out the garbage with his foster mother, back on January 22, from the Spring Creek Tower apartments in Canarsie. Police launched a huge search, interviewing 14,000 people, but the boy has seemingly vanished.

Blanca Toledo described her niece as a very good mother who doted on her three, young children, until she fell in with the wrong crowd about two years ago. 23-year-old Jennifer Rodriguez is currently in rehab to treat a drug problem.

Police are urging anyone with information about Patrick Alford to call 1-800-577-TIPS.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »

NYPD revives search for missing foster child Patrick Alford; 100 cops deployed to seek leads
By Sarah Armaghan and Jonathan Lemire
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 1:10 PM

Patrick Alford vanished from his foster mother's Starrett City home on January 22 and, despite one of the NYPD's most intensive manhunts for a missing person in recent years, the trail has gone cold. Related NewsArticlesBrooklyn foster child, 7, threatens to run away, then disappearsJudge jails mother, believes she knows location of 7-year-old boyMore than 100 police officers began sweeping a desolate swath of parkland near the Brooklyn-Queens border Wednesday in a desperate search for a 7-year-old foster boy missing for more than two months.

Patrick Alford vanished from his foster mother's Starrett City home on January 22 and, despite one of the NYPD's most intensive manhunts for a missing person in recent years, the trail has gone cold.

But as the weather has improved, cops turned out in full force in Gateway Park, fanning out through 100 acres of marshland to search the tall weeds with dogs as an NYPD helicopter thundered overhead.

Bones were found near the shoreline around 10 a.m. but it was not immediately clear if they were human or animal, police said.

"This is all about letting the family know we haven't forgotten about him," said NYPD Deputy Chief Steven Silks.

"We don't have any new leads or tips, we're just expanding our search. There's not going to be any leaf, any stone left unturned here."

Other bones were found scattered throughout the massive park but investigators cautioned that the weeds - some of which grow up to 10 feet high - are littered with remains of small animals.

Search teams from the city and federal Parks Departments were assisting with the search. A shovel was found buried under a piece of plywood in the park but its significance was not clear.

Patrick vanished while taking out the trash from his foster mom's home and cops immediately focused their attention on his biological mother.

Jennifer Rodriguez was temporarily locked up by a Staten Island family court judge who suspected she knew her son's whereabouts.

But Rodriguez - who briefly claimed one of her relatives had Patrick, before retracting her statements - was later released.

She is participating in today's search.

"We really hope he's somewhere healthy and safe, playing X-Box," Silks said. "This could be anyone's kid, their neighbor's kid, a loved one - we just want to do a diligent and thorough search here and not rush through it."

Cops have interviewed about 14,000 people and searched more than 200 buildings near the East New York foster home and Rodriguez's Staten Island home, police said.

Seven registered sex offenders living near the foster family's apartment complex were interviewed, as well as two dozen family members and friends, cops said.

Alford, whose picture was distributed among onlookers curious about the massive show of police, was recently shown on America's Most Wanted in hopes that someone would recognize him.

12:33:03 PM
Apr 7, 2010
I hope they find him safe and okay,,,,,,no reason for him to be unsupervised......so many bad people in this world.

Report Offensive Post
VeeBee
12:40:45 PM
Apr 7, 2010
Praying for Patrick's safe return.

Report Offensive Post
Tdop
12:49:43 PM
Apr 7, 2010
poor kid...hope they find him

Report Offensive Post
MoreoftheSame
12:53:56 PM
Apr 7, 2010
What a sweet-faced little boy...I pray that he is found soon and safe...

Report Offensive Post
arkyn112
1:21:55 PM
Apr 7, 2010
What a shame. How did a child in foster care disappear?? I hope this has a positive outcome to all this.

Report Offensive Post
oneonone
1:33:59 PM
Apr 7, 2010
I hope the boy is found safe and sound. I still think the mother has something to do with it..the cops shouls lean on the biological mom and that family until they give up the boy..perhaps he is out of state already or even out of the country.

Report Offensive Post
rugglebyc
2:25:20 PM
Apr 7, 2010
I hope he's safe somewhere and gets back home!

Report Offensive Post
SayWhat
2:26:49 PM
Apr 7, 2010
Someone is guilty.

Report Offensive PostClick Here to see all comments or to Report AbuseEDITORS'

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/04/07/2010-04-07_nypd_revives_search_for_missing_foster_child_patrick_alford_100_cops_deployed_to.html#ixzz0kRi9vYWN

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 09:09:10 AM »

The New York Post 
November 26, 2010 Friday 

MOM'S B'DAY TEARS; BOY, NOW 8, STILL MISSING AFTER 1 YEAR

Jennifer Rodriguez remembers her son, Patrick Alford, blowing out the candles on his white-frosted birthday cake last year, then rushing out to play on his brand-new skateboard.

But there will be no cake for his birthday Sunday. Two months after the Staten Island boy turned 7, he vanished.

And despite one of the police department's most exhaustive searches in missing-person memory, including 1,000 interviews, and queries as far away as Florida and Puerto Rico, Patrick is no closer to being found than the day he disappeared from the Brooklyn foster home, where he was staying after Rodriguez lost custody.

When Patrick turns 8, Rodriguez won't be celebrating. She ignored Thanksgiving, and without her boy, Christmas and New Year's are just a couple of days on her calendar.

"His birthday is a tragedy to me this year," she said. "I'm not thankful for anything. I don't even know if my son is alive."

Much happened between the day Rodriguez sang "Happy Birthday" in her Staten Island home and the day Patrick disappeared from the East New York apartment building.

After Rodriguez, 23, a single mother, was arrested in December on a shoplifting charge, Patrick and his sister, Jailene, were sent by the city's child welfare agency to live with Librada Moran, a foster-care provider.

It was there on Jan. 22 that the homesick boy was last seen.

"I would tell Patrick, 'I'm sorry,' " Rodriguez said. " 'I'm sorry I failed you as a mother. I'm going to do my best to find you.' "

Last month, Rodriguez sued the city and its child-welfare agency, saying they failed to properly care for the boy.

She also criticized investigators for focusing, at first, on her.

"The police treated me like a suspect," Rodriguez said. "I felt like a piece of garbage. I am his biological mother, and I was the one who sought out help on my own. The city's foster agency is there to protect children, and they didn't do that for Patrick."

Rodriguez is marking Patrick's birthday with an awareness walk to her home from the ferry terminal a mile away. She will follow up the walk with another march on Jan. 22 - the day Patrick disappeared.

"I am brokenhearted," Rodriguez said. "I need to find my son." 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1311268866&start=10

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 09:20:07 AM »

Mom of missing boy Patrick Alford, 7, blames complex's faulty security cameras for disappearanceBY John Marzulli
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Friday, November 26th 2010, 4:00 AM

Starrett City is trying to squash a federal lawsuit that accuses the Brooklyn housing complex of negligence in the disappearance of 7-year-old Patrick Alford.

The suit, filed by Jennifer Rodriguez, the mother of the boy missing since January, claims security cameras were not working at 130 Vandalia Ave. "and failed to capture the entry and exit of persons entering and exiting the building."

But lawyers for Starrett City Inc. have fired back, arguing the complaint contains factual errors. Starrett City will be seeking sanctions against Rodriguez's lawyer for filing a "frivolous" lawsuit.

Lawyer Joshua Lindy said there is no evidence that Patrick "disappeared inside the building" as the suit contends.

"There are no security cameras inside the building. ... 130 Vandalia Ave. does not have any security cameras," Lindy wrote to Judge John Gleeson.

He added, "Indeed there is no duty imposed on any security to 'safeguard' a child who leaves premises, when there is no evidence that the child left involuntarily."

Patrick was in the care of foster mother Librada Moran and reportedly vanished while taking out the garbage. The NYPD has been stumped by the case, conducting thousands of interviews and searching hundreds of buildings and wide swaths of East New York.

Rodriguez lost custody of her son after she was arrested on a theft charge.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/brooklyn/2010/11/26/2010-11-26_mom_blames_faulty_security_cams_at_bklyn_complex_sues_over_missing_boy.html#ixzz17FMuA4Ug

Unbelievable!  You are going to lose custody of your son for being an idiot and running around committing crimes, then blame the city for your sons disappearance?! 

Anything to make a buck these days    

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 07:26:27 PM »

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2010/12/weapons_charge_for_staten_isla.html
Weapons charge for Staten Island mom of missing boy after she allegedly pulls knife
December 14, 2010

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- A New Brighton woman, whose son has been missing for almost a year, is in trouble with the law herself, again, for allegedly threatening a man yesterday with a knife.

Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, waved a knife at the victim, a male acquaintance, when he asked for his wallet back, said a law enforcement source.

The victim had spent the night at Ms. Rodriguez’s Van Buren street home. He left, but returned at about 7:55 p.m., after realizing he had forgotten his wallet.

When he knocked on the door, Ms. Rodriguez allegedly answered with a knife in her hand.

"You’re not getting your [expletive] money back," court papers quote Ms. Rodriguez as saying.

Police were called and on arriving, Ms. Rodriguez told them she had grabbed the knife because she was afraid of the victim, said the source.

The knife was recovered at the scene, said the source. Authorities could not immediately say today whether the wallet also was found.

Ms. Rodriguez, whose first name has also appeared in court papers as "Jenifer," was hospitalized after the incident and remained hospitalized today said a source.

She was charged with misdemeanor counts of criminal weapon possession and menacing, said a spokesman for District Attorney Daniel Donovan. She’s also accused of harassment.

On Jan. 22, Ms. Rodriguez’s son, Patrick Alford, then 7, vanished from a Brooklyn foster home. Ms. Rodriguez lost custody of the boy and her two daughters after she was arrested on theft charges.

She was subsequently jailed by a Family Court judge who believed she was involved in Patrick’s disappearance. She was released a week later when the city Administration for Children’s Services (ACS) determined that was not the case. Patrick has not been found.

Ms. Rodriguez has sued the city, ACS, the foster care service and the foster mother in Brooklyn federal court, accusing them of negligence.

In February, Ms. Rodriguez was arrested and charged with threatening a Mariners Harbor woman over the phone and then clawing her face three days later. The two had argued over a man.

She pleaded guilty to aggravated harassment and was sentenced in July to 30 days behind bars, said a law enforcement source.

That sentence ran concurrently to two 60-day sentences Ms. Rodriguez received after violating the terms of her probation stemming from two shoplifting convictions last year, said the source.

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.