April 25, 2024, 11:02:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jay Novacek's Wife, LeAnne Novacek, Found Dead at 45  (Read 6157 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« on: February 04, 2010, 02:29:16 AM »

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/02/01/jay-novacek-wife-leanne-novacek-found-dead-at-45/

Jay Novacek's Wife, LeAnne Novacek, Found Dead at 45

2/01/2010 8:00 PM ET By Tom Herrera

Tom Herrera

LeAnne Novacek, the wife of former Dallas Cowboys star Jay Novacek, was found dead Monday morning, according to a spokesperson with the Tarrant County medical examiner's office. She was 45.

According to Burleson, Texas police department spokesperson Sally Ellerston, police and fire departments responded to a "report of a medical emergency, possibly suicide" at 8:37 a.m.

LeAnne Novacek's body was found in the bedroom of the residence, according to the report. The residence was reportedly her mother's home.

Ellerston told ESPNDallas.com that police on the scene called the Tarrant County coroner's office, detectives and a victim's assistance coordinator. An autopsy was scheduled to be performed on Tuesday. The police investigation is ongoing, but no foul play is suspected.

According to a Fort Worth Star-Telegram report, a police spokesman said the death appeared to be the result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Jay Novacek played six seasons with the Cowboys in the 1990s and ranks ninth in team history with 3,576 career receiving yards. He recorded five Pro Bowl berths in his career and was part of three Super Bowl-winning teams.

The 47-year-old former tight end retired in 1997 after a back injury forced him to miss the 1996 season. He and his wife continued to live in the area following his retirement, according to the ESPNDallas.com report.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 02:31:26 AM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4877771&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Updated: February 2, 2010, 2:37 PM ET

Novacek's wife found dead

By Jeff Caplan
ESPNDallas.com

The wife of former Dallas Cowboys tight end Jay Novacek died Monday at her mother's home from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, Burleson police Commander Doug Sandifer said.

LeAnne Novacek, 45, was found dead at 9:05 a.m., according to Linda Anderson, spokesperson for the Tarrant County coroner's office.

At 8:37 a.m., Burleson police and fire departments responded to "a report of a medical emergency, possible suicide" at a residence in Burleson, according to police department spokesperson Sally Ellertson. The body was found in the bedroom of the residence, according to the police report.

The Tarrant County coroner's office said Tuesday that the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head, but the police investigation is still pending.

The Novaceks, who have a daughter, live in Joshua.

Jay Novacek, 47, played six seasons for the Cowboys from 1990 to 1996. The five-time Pro Bowler, who ranks ninth in team history with 3,576 career receiving yards on 339 receptions, was a member of teams that won three Super Bowls in four seasons. He was a sixth-round draft choice out of Wyoming in 1985 by the St. Louis Cardinals.

After a back injury forced him to miss the 1996 season, Novacek retired in 1997. He and LeAnne continued to live in the area after his retirement, and Novacek remained involved with team. He signed autographs at Cowboys Stadium earlier this season.

Novacek was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2008.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 02:40:04 AM »

http://www.filmyfair.com/hollywood/jay-novacek-wife-of-leanne-novacek-found-dead/

February 2, 2010, By Parasshuram in Hollywood

LeAnne Novacek, who is the wife of former NFL player Jay Novacek, has reportedly committed suicide.

LeAnne, 45 was found dead at 9:05 a.m. this morning.

The  investigation is on with an autopsy scheduled for Tuesday.

Police said that she  died because of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.  Jay Novacek was not at home when the police came. There was no suicide note found, but more information may be revealed shortly.

Jay Novacek played for the Cowboys and was a major player and contributor to teams that won three Super Bowls .

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 10:14:28 AM »

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/03/11/2034158/area-briefs-death-of-novaceks.html
Death of Jay Novacek's wife ruled a suicide
March 11, 2020

FORT WORTH -- The wife of former Dallas Cowboys tight end Jay Novacek took her own life, the Tarrant County medical examiner's office has ruled.

LeAnne Novacek, 45, was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head Feb. 1 in a bedroom at her Burleson home.

Burleson police said immediately that they believed that the gunshot was self-inflicted.

The medical examiner issued its ruling this week after reviewing the results of toxicology tests.

Jay Novacek played in the National Football League with the St. Louis/Phoenix Cardinals and the Cowboys. He helped win three Super Bowl titles and earned five Pro Bowls with the Cowboys from 1990 to 1996 before a back injury forced him to retire on July 15, 1997.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.