March 28, 2024, 10:53:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's 10 & 20 Year Loan Forgiveness, A Legacy of America's Racist Past?  (Read 1576 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 04, 2010, 07:35:23 AM »

Why would anyone take out loans for an education of say $200,000?

Why don't they rely on student aid?

The answers are painfully obvious, especially for those taking out the $200,000.

Some students qualify for all kinds of government financial aid, aid from colleges and universities.  Why would any student need a loan?

How many students work and make enough money to live and pay their $50,000 a year tuition? 

Why is it that some qualify for a full boat and pocket money and others do not?

Are these loans a legacy of America's racist past?

I believe that most aid formulas require parent's income and asset information.  They assume that parents will contribute something.  I've known many people over the years whose parents felt they should finance their education themselves.  INVEST in themselves.  Parents often contributed room and board, and that's it.  Sometimes, parents charged their students.

Every family is different.

Why should any aid formula assume that parents will contribute?  I would imagine all students are low income.  Why don't they get treated equally?  I think race is a big contributor to that disparity in treatment.

When I think about all the discussion regarding school and enrollment/recruitment offers, from my own experience, I think non-caucasians get the best packages.  (parents brag or complain about these things)

In the past few years, an African American student was offered a full boat at two different universities - for a law degree.  One, even included $500 a month stripend for pocket money. 

The other, a caucasion, graduated with a law degree and over $150,000 in loans.  No full boat, no spending money.

Both came from homes with professional working parents, they lived comfortable lives.

Why the disparity?  Race? 

Why should students be given a hand up because of race or ethnic origin?  Income level of parents?  Why shouldn't all students be responsible for funding their own education?

Who are the ones that have to take out loans to pay for their education?   In my experience, that job falls on the backs of caucasions.

Does Obama's offer of loan forgiveness smell of racism and special interests?  I think it does.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 07:44:40 AM »

Why shouldn't every student have an equal opportunity to burden themselves with $150,000 or more in loans?

What do the financial aid statistics look like?  Do some students, because of race or ethnic background get a full boat while others do not?

Why should one group have the expectation that parents will contribute, and another that they are somehow disadvantaged because of race or ethnic background?

So much of the aid in Obama's passed and failed legislation discriminates for some, and against others.  Institutional racism.

With guaranteed loans, universities are free to charge what ever the market will bare.  Taxpayers pay these bloated rates.

Why isn't Obama addressing the inflation of school tuition?  Do schools exist to provide for teachers and administrators or to educate students? 

Will taxpayers be getting the best bang for their disappearing money?  I don't think so.

Why shouldn't every student have an equal opportunity to put themselves into debt?  Why should some get a free ride, and the opportunity to take any meaningful job without worrying about paying the bills? 

Others will be pushed into a public service job for the benefits of loan forgiveness. 

Others are pushed into the military because they cannot afford college tuition and their parents, despite their paper wealth, cannot afford to pay for college.

Obama's loan forgiveness program is a painful reminder of the institutional racism and economic favoritism that exists in this country.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 01:32:01 PM »

There is no doubt that government agencies from all levels are using BOGUS race issues to give supposed VICTIMS? far more then others.

It is reverse discrimination .. They have all the Caucasians brow beaten to the point that nobody wants to stand up and say this is wrong.
If you do you are called all kinds of colorful names..
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 02:38:20 PM »

There is no doubt that government agencies from all levels are using BOGUS race issues to give supposed VICTIMS? far more then others.

It is reverse discrimination .. They have all the Caucasians brow beaten to the point that nobody wants to stand up and say this is wrong.
If you do you are called all kinds of colorful names..

Who are the biggest supporters of the new racism?  The 'whitest of the white', from the North East?

I never understood that the 'whitest of the white' exist until I had the opportunity to vacation in such a neighborhood. 

I described my impressions, and someone advised me I was among the "whitest of the white"...

If you're white, you bad because...

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.