March 28, 2024, 05:54:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Prayer Breakfast Discussion Thread  (Read 2127 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 04, 2010, 02:47:27 PM »

I heard bits and pieces of this on the TV and radio.

text may be found here - http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/02/obama-at-national-prayer-break.html

...We unite, recognizing that such crises call on all of us to act, recognizing that there but for the grace of God go I, recognizing that life's most sacred responsibility -- one affirmed, as Hillary said, by all of the world's great religions -- is to sacrifice something of ourselves for a person in need.

Sadly, though, that spirit is too often absent when tackling the long-term, but no less profound issues facing our country and the world. Too often, that spirit is missing without the spectacular tragedy, the 9/11 or the Katrina, the earthquake or the tsunami, that can shake us out of complacency. We become numb to the day-to-day crises, the slow-moving tragedies of children without food and men without shelter and families without health care. We become absorbed with our abstract arguments, our ideological disputes, our contests for power. And in this Tower of Babel, we lose the sound of God's voice.

When we sacrifice something, we dig deep into our own pockets, we do not dig deep into the pockets of our brothers and sisters.  Government do not take by force, taxation, or through threat of prison.  We give freely to others in need.  Giving freely does not involve the government.

I think Obama is the builder of the modern Tower of Babel.  Who are the architects?  Wall Street?  Wealthy global citizens?  Federal Reserve?  The greedy?

At one time, doctor visits cost just a few dollars.  People paid out of pocket.  The big expenses were hospital costs.  Today?  Everything seems to bankrupt individuals. 

Where are the incentives to make healthcare affordable to the average American? 

At one time, healthcare was an incidental expense and people were not scared into paying thousands for insurance.  Doctors, hospitals, and drug merchants did not make millions, and build marble temples to excess.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 03:07:09 PM »

Due to the American tradition of generosity, Americans pay MORE $$$ for the same drugs and therapies, as compared with what other global patients. 

Instead of praising Americans for their generosity in sharing the wealth, and digging ever deeper, the president vilifies Americans for their use of the healthcare system.  He vilifies older Americans, and all Americans for using the healthcare system they have supported their entire working lives.

As an example, I remember some UN announcement that H1N1 vaccines would be available for $2 - $20 per dose, depending on the wealth of the nation, it's status as a developed country. 

The US is broke.  How much are American's paying?  From news reports of stolen vaccine, it was priced at $150 or $300 per dose.  Wow.

As the globes biggest healthcare users, why aren't we getting a volume discount?

The Chinese grew their own vaccine to save money.  iirc, their homegrown variety was like $.50 per dose instead of $2.50.

Why isn't the US growing it's own for $.50 per dose?  Why is the US paying $300 per dose?

Does Mr. Obama have an answer for that?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »

"...we lose sight of the children without food and the men without shelter and the families without health care. "

With one of eight Americans on food stamps, taxpayer funded breakfast/lunch/snack served in public schools everywhere, and food pantries, why are people hungry?

Could it be they sell their food stamps for drug money? 

Could it be they spend their cash benefits on illegal drugs?

Why don't American's have money to provide relief in their own communities?

Could it be that the federal government takes so much, there is nothing left for charity?  To ease suffering in the community?

At some point, people begin to notice how much is being sent to Washington, notice that problems in the community aren't going away, spending benefits special interests and community organizations, and nothing is returned to Main Street?

Washington has the lowest unemployment rate in the nation?

Washington sucks up money, spends money it doesn't have, and Main Street is left holding the empty bag?

jmho

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 03:18:45 PM »

"...We see that in many conservative pastors who are helping lead the way to fix our broken immigration system. It's not what would be expected from them, and yet they recognize, in those immigrant families, the face of God..."

Doesn't Obama see the face of God in future generations that have to pay back the perpetual debt being created by Barack Obama and his progressives?

Doesn't Obama see the face of God in the small business man that has to survive his ever increasing tax burden?

Doesn't Obama see the face of God in the people on Main Street who can't find a job, and see illegal aliens in their communities working for cash and getting a market basket of welfare benefits for their citizen children?  And, the illegal aliens that send billions of dollars home every month because they are in the land of plenty?  How many Americans have a second home in Spain?

Why does it seem that Barack Obama can't see the face of God in everyday Americans?  He just labels them unworthy?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 03:20:34 PM »

"...But surely you can question my policies without questioning my faith, or, for that matter, my citizenship."

For $10 American, Obama could have released his original birth file years ago and silenced the questions and lawsuits.

He could have also released his passport and school records.

What is the worst thing that could have happened if he paid $10 and shed some light on his origins?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 03:31:57 PM »

"We may disagree about the best way to reform our health care system, but surely we can agree that no one ought to go broke when they get sick in the richest nation on Earth..."

Should everyone go broke to pay Obama's premiums? 

Should everyone go broke to pay for illegal aliens?  Those using the ER for free?  IIRC, it costs everyone $1,000 or more per year, in cost shifting, to pay for uncompensated care in the ER.

The US is the worlds BIGGEST DEBT nation.  Something, NOT to be proud of.

How will future generations pay for anything when 75% of GDP goes to pay the interest on the Obama DEBT? 

Is it the place of government to decide who get's an aspirin and who gets a root canal?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 03:46:29 PM »

"...prayer can also do something else. It can touch our hearts with humility. It can fill us with a spirit of brotherhood. It can remind us that each of us are children of a awesome and loving God."

We are all the children of God.  In the early days, there were brothers named Cain and Abel.

" Now Cain said to his brother Abel, "Let's go out to the field."  And while they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him. " - Genesis 4:8 NIV

Governments kill.  People kill.  Governments enslave millions.

The loving God issued 10 commandments, how are these common sense ideas used in the Obama administration?

God's people had problems with killing, theft, coveting...

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »

...Remember Dr. Martin Luther King. Not long after an explosion ripped through his front porch, his wife and infant daughter inside, he rose to that pulpit in Montgomery and said, "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend."

In the eyes of those who denied his humanity, he saw the face of God.

Did God blow up MLK's front porch?  Those under the influence of evil?

"Love even for our enemies is the key to the solution of the problems of our world. ...Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. We never get rid of an enemy by meeting hate with hate; we get rid of an enemy by getting rid of enmity. By its very nature, hate destroys and tears down; by its very nature, love creates and builds up. Love transforms with redemptive power."

"To our most bitter opponents we say: 'We shall match your capacity to inflict suffering by our capacity to endure suffering. We shall meet your physical force with soul force. Do to us what you will, and we shall continue to love you...But be ye assured that we will wear you down by our capacity to suffer. One day we shall win our freedom, but not only for ourselves. We shall so appeal to your heart and conscience that we shall win you in the process, and our victory will be a double victory.'"

When will American's win their freedom from the tyranny of politicians in Washington?  Taxation?

Have Obama's policies built a nation of love?  Prosperity?  Despair?  Unemployment?  Hunger and homelessness?

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 04:16:37 PM »

"We are not enemies, but friends... Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection."

Watching President-elect Obama’s acceptance speech tonight, it was not altogether surprising to hear him invoke a quote by Lincoln.  “As Lincoln said to a nation far more divided than ours, ‘We are not enemies, but friends…though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection.”  (First Inaugural, March 4, 1861).  Numerous presidents have quoted Lincoln to reflect on past hardship and change as a way of inspiring people to forge ahead or fight the good fight.

After his election, it would be nearly 3 months before Lincoln delivered his inaugural address.  Passions were flaring.  With the rumblings of secession and concerns over the state of financial affairs, folks were anxious to hear from Lincoln.  In response to one request, he wrote a letter that included his response to the state of financial affairs.  Given the nature of the country’s finances, I wanted to share a quote from that Lincoln letter, ”I am not insensible to any commercial or financial depression that may exist; but nothing is to be gained by fawning around the ‘respectable scoundrels’ who got it up. Let them go to work and repair the mischief of their own making; and then perhaps they will be less greedy to do the like again.”  (A. Lincoln to T. Smith, November 1860)

What does the Obama administration and Congress want?  A perpetual bailout fund.  Regulation.  Covering up the names of those that got bailed out by AIG.  Who profitted from all those AIG counterparty 100% payments?  Who made out like bandits, while taxpayers got stuck with the bill?

A history of that piece from this site - http://lincolncottage.wordpress.com/2008/11/05/passion-politics-and-finance/

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »

"...he saw the face of God."

Do bad things come from God?  Or, do they come from Satan?  Demons?

Some believe, there is something of God in each and every one of us.  Despite our divine origin, the Bible is full of examples of humans are under the influence of Satan, demons, human evildoers.

Is it God that does the bad things in Obama's examples?

" Progress comes when we look into the eyes of another and see the face of God. That we might do so -- that we will do so all the time, not just some of the time -- is my fervent prayer for our nation and the world. "

Does Obama see the face of God in Hitler?  John Wayne Gacy?

If God is in each and every one of us, should we ignore the evil that men and women do?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.