April 30, 2024, 04:23:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #31 2/20/10 - 4/13/10  (Read 493137 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1780 on: April 13, 2010, 04:29:15 PM »

Even Fields makes it sound like MC gave up *something* -- *finally*! And hopefully something besides another LIE.

A break may have come in the case from Misty Croslin, who was with Haleigh and the youngster's brother the evening before the kindergartner disappeared. Her attorney said Croslin, who is jailed on drug trafficking charges may have provided helpful information that led to other leads.

"This latest search was based on information from someone else," said attorney Robert Fields. He said Croslin may have "shed some light" on who was responsible.

"Somebody else has possibly been implicated in this," he said. "You need to look away from Misty."

Another tidbit from hidey hole

Interesting. Thanks NRCG for going to the hidey hole and sharing

Of course a defense attorney is going to state "you need to look away from Misty"   Im not sure I would take that to mean he has credible concrete evidence that she is not involved, nor do I see how he can say that with a straight face because obviously she is involved to some degree.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1781 on: April 13, 2010, 04:29:22 PM »

Asked how long they would be there "as long as it takes"

I found that comment very telling.  It's like he knows for sure she's there.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1782 on: April 13, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »

ITA Klaas.   Also, just the way the immediate family was assembled together (both sides with known issues to be polite at this time) is also a strong indication.   They have had searches before & not gone thru this process.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1783 on: April 13, 2010, 04:37:39 PM »

I think they finally figured out who Misty's accomplice was. I have a feeling this is someone much older and not in the clique of druggies .. now what would an older man be interested in Misty? I wonder if this person lives with-in walking distance and Misty *might* shuffle on over there now and then... ya know, when Ron wasn't around... hmmm 

BTW - great news about Nadia!!  an angelic monkey

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #1784 on: April 13, 2010, 04:37:54 PM »

Does anyone know if Tommy is still at St Johns?

2 4 1
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1785 on: April 13, 2010, 04:39:06 PM »

I think he may be trying to prevent an all out way between the Hatfield and the McCoys

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1786 on: April 13, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »

May have already been posted:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-13/story/authorities-conducting-haleigh-cummings-search

Attorney: Misty Croslin may have provided break in Haleigh Cummings case
Source URL: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-13/story/authorities-conducting-haleigh-cummings-search

By Dana Treen

A search is being conducted in Putnam County following a lead to detectives Monday night in the Haleigh Cummings disappearance, authorities said this morning.

The search is being conducted off County Road 309 and includes woods and water, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. He said authorities are not saying who provided the information or the nature of the evidence they are looking for.

Dozens of searchers, divers and several boats are being used. The location is around Shell Harbour about five miles south of where Haleigh vanished from her Satsuma home on Green Lane.

Greenwood said the area hadn't been searched before.

"Although various resources are being utilized to conduct this search, it is just one of many operations conducted during this investigation," a statement from the Sheriff's Office said.

A break may have come in the case from Misty Croslin, who was with Haleigh and the youngster's brother the evening before the kindergartner disappeared. Her attorney said Croslin, who is jailed on drug-trafficking charges, may have provided helpful information that led to other leads.

"This latest search was based on information from someone else," said attorney Robert Fields. He said Croslin may have "shed some light" on who was responsible.

"Somebody else has possibly been implicated in this," he said. "You need to look away from Misty."

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy wouldn't elaborate on the search other than to say Haleigh hadn't been found. The search will continue "as long as it takes," he said.

He said he spoke with members of Haleigh's family today but those conversations were private.

He also said Misty had been brought back for an interview.

The Putnam County girl was 5 years old when she disappeared in February 2009 from her home. Her father, Ronald Cummings, and then-girlfriend Croslin, who reported her missing, are both in jail on the drug charges.

The area being searched is a previously unsearched swath of river and woods. It is about a mile by boat and 5 miles by road from where Haleigh disappeared and "quite a bit south" of the home in Satsuma, Greenwood said.

Greenwood would not say what evidence searchers were looking for but that divers and other law enforcement officers were searching the St. Johns River and wooded areas on either side of the waterway at the end of Shell Harbour.

Carl Brown, who lives near the search area, said as many as 15 divers were in the water near the restaurant dock and river about 10 a.m. He said police dogs and officers from agencies including the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office canvassed neighbors.

Streets leading into the neighborhood were blocked and drivers were stopped by an officer at a checkpoint.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1787 on: April 13, 2010, 04:42:13 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23138878/detail.html

Sheriff Meets With Haleigh's Family; Search Continues
6-Year-Old Girl Went Missing From Satsuma Home In February 2009

POSTED: Tuesday, April 13, 2010
UPDATED: 4:27 pm EDT April 13, 2010

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said Tuesday afternoon that he met with the family of Haleigh Cummings but asked that their conversations stay between him and the family.

Hardy said investigators still have not found Haleigh, the 6-year-old Satsuma girl who went missing 14 months ago.

"We're going to continue this investigation until we can bring it to a logical conclusion," Hardy said.

When asked if the investigation was moved from a missing persons case to a homicide investigation, Hardy said, "That is a decision that will be made later."

Several of Haleigh's relatives were brought to the sheriff's office earlier Tuesday where they were inside for about an hour and a half.

Jail records showed that Misty Cummings, the last person to see the then-5-year-old when she vanished from her home in February 2009, was no longer being held in the St. Johns County Jail on drug trafficking charges, and the sheriff said she was being brought back to Putnam County for an interview.

Deputies from four counties and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement started searching the St. Johns River south of Satsuma Tuesday morning, and authorities confirmed the search was connected to the Haleigh Cummings investigation.

Map: Haleigh searchPutnam County Sheriff's Office Lt. Johnny Greenwood said the search was prompted by one of over 5,000 leads received by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office since Haleigh disappeared from her bed in her father's mobile home.

The sheriff's office was not releasing the exact location of the search effort in an attempt to prevent congestion from onlookers. Channel 4's Tarik Minor said the search of an area less than 5 miles south of where Haleigh disappeared in February 2008 was prompted by a "credible tip."

"Although various resources are being utilized to conduct this search, it is just one of many operations conducted during this investigation," Greenwood said in a media release Tuesday morning. "Due to the sensitivity of this investigation, the name of the person providing the tip and the physical evidence alleged to be in this area, will not be released."

Minor called the search effort "massive," and included deputies from Putnam, Clay and Marion counties, as well as the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. He said cadaver dogs were also brought to the scene.

Haleigh River Search
Dive teams search the St. Johns River in connection with the Haleigh Cummings investigation.
Since Haleigh lived not far from the river, boats and divers were used in the search for Haleigh in the first days after she disappeared. Last September, a Putnam County pond was drained and searched following a tip, but deputies said nothing of significance to the investigation was found.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, and former stepmother, Misty, remain in jail facing drug trafficking charges that authorities say are unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance.

Channel 4 was told that Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, was told about Tuesday's search so she would not learn about it through media reports.

Anyone with information on Haleigh's disappearance or whereabouts is asked to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0808 or Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS.

Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1788 on: April 13, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »

I don't think the family will be able to stay quiet long about the conversation between them and the sheriff.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1789 on: April 13, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »

I think he may be trying to prevent an all out way between the Hatfield and the McCoys

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1790 on: April 13, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »

I think they finally figured out who Misty's accomplice was. I have a feeling this is someone much older and not in the clique of druggies .. now what would an older man be interested in Misty? I wonder if this person lives with-in walking distance and Misty *might* shuffle on over there now and then... ya know, when Ron wasn't around... hmmm 

BTW - great news about Nadia!!  an angelic monkey

Makes me think of Donald Sapp for some reason.

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1791 on: April 13, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »

So Misty may have said something that has shed some light ...remember Misty saying that if Leonard would get her out that she would give him some information that would make the cops look stupid and now they are searching an area that was previously searched? hummm....I sure hope that this is new information and a fresh break in the case . I hope that it does not turn out that Haleigh could have been found a year ago when they were searching this same spot.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1792 on: April 13, 2010, 04:46:21 PM »

Is it because that is where they end up gathered to get to an edge or are they totally concentrating within that boat slip, thoughts?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1793 on: April 13, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »

Even Fields makes it sound like MC gave up *something* -- *finally*! And hopefully something besides another LIE.

A break may have come in the case from Misty Croslin, who was with Haleigh and the youngster's brother the evening before the kindergartner disappeared. Her attorney said Croslin, who is jailed on drug trafficking charges may have provided helpful information that led to other leads.

Of course a defense attorney is going to state "you need to look away from Misty"   Im not sure I would take that to mean he has credible concrete evidence that she is not involved, nor do I see how he can say that with a straight face because obviously she is involved to some degree.
I never said she wasn't involved EVER but I do think there is involvement from someone else too, or a couple of others who may have have knowledge after the fact......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1794 on: April 13, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »

This site shows his status as "In Jail."

http://www.sjso.org/inmate_search_warrants.aspx

my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1795 on: April 13, 2010, 04:49:47 PM »

Maybe this is why MC and RC seemed so confident and the smirks and all because the area had already been searched and nothing was found so they thought that they were home free?
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1796 on: April 13, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »

Is it because that is where they end up gathered to get to an edge or are they totally concentrating within that boat slip, thoughts?

It looked  as though they were just in that area although to me it looked like a public boat launch

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1797 on: April 13, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »

I never said she wasn't involved EVER but I do think there is involvement from someone else too, or a couple of others who may have have knowledge after the fact......

O I so agree that there is at least one other involved besides Misty, could be more.    I just take her defense attorneys words as him defending her as opposed to what is factual in the case.

maureen
Scared Monkey

http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo242/Brandi-Mo

« Reply #1798 on: April 13, 2010, 04:52:33 PM »

This site shows his status as "In Jail."

http://www.sjso.org/inmate_search_warrants.aspx
has anyone found any arrests in Tennessee?

"if I had a minute for every hour that I've wasted I'd be rich in time" JJ
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1799 on: April 13, 2010, 04:52:41 PM »

Totally agree.
I hope they find her today.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.