April 20, 2024, 04:59:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fed & Robust Audits - Let the sun shine in...  (Read 1285 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 05, 2010, 03:24:31 PM »

US Geithner: Must Not 'Undermine The Independence of the Fed'

WASHINGTON (MNI) - Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner said Thursday he is "very supportive of broader transparency" at the Federal Reserve Board, but added that additional steps should not "undermine the independence of the Fed" or "limit the capacity" of the Fed to conduct monetary policy.

more here - http://imarketnews.com/?q=node/8267

Regular robust audits, in my simple mind, do not undermine the independence of the Federal Reserve.

I believe robust audits will instill confidence in the American people that 'our financial system' is in good operating condition, and that the control of our money supply is in good hands.

What is the worst that could happen if they audited the Fed, starting next Monday?  Riots?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 03:27:48 PM »

"Boehner Presses Geithner on Debt Commission"

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NDA5OWMzNjU5ODRjNjdjMTcxNzZkYzZlNjA2NTcyYTM= 

How about a robust audit of the Federal Reserve?  An investigative unit with real power? 

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.