March 29, 2024, 01:44:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations, Ms. Pelosi!  (Read 1857 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: January 05, 2007, 02:48:05 AM »

Let the Facts Speak for Themselves.

The honorable Nancy Pelosi was born Nancy D'Alesandro to Italian American parents in Baltimore, Maryland. The youngest of six children, she was involved with politics from an early age. Her father, Thomas D'Alesandro, Jr., was a US Congressman from Maryland and a Mayor of Baltimore. Her brother, Thomas L. J. D'Alesandro III, also served as Mayor of Baltimore from 1967 to 1971.

Nancy Patricia D'Alesandro Pelosi (born March 26, 1940) is the 60th and current Speaker of the United States House of Representatives and is the first woman in US history to hold that office. In the 2006 midterm elections, the Democratic Party was victorious in winning control of the United States House of Representatives. With the victory, Pelosi was nominated to be the Speaker of the House, was elected to the position, and took office on January 4, 2007. Prior to the position, she was the House Minority Leader of the 107th, 108th, and 109th Congresses of the United States. Since 1987, she has been the representative from the 8th district of California, which falls entirely within and includes most of the city and county of San Francisco

With her election as Speaker, Pelosi is the highest-ranking woman in the history of the American Federal government. Pelosi is the first woman to lead a major political party in either house of Congress. She is also the first Californian and first Italian American to hold the post, and is the second Speaker from west of the Rockies (behind fellow Democrat Tom Foley of Washington).

As Speaker, she ranks second in the presidential line of succession behind Dick Cheney, the current Vice President.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 10:39:41 PM »

I never liked her, but am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.  I fear her being too liberal...  Do not like the idea of her being 2nd in line of presidency...  If we are going to have a female president, I'd rather Hillary, because I liked Bill and believe it would be the same as when he was President...

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 09:21:22 PM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
I never liked her, but am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.  I fear her being too liberal...  Do not like the idea of her being 2nd in line of presidency...  If we are going to have a female president, I'd rather Hillary, because I liked Bill and believe it would be the same as when he was President...

the only thing the Clinton presidency had going for it was that Bill was so busy "womanizing" that he didn't do anything.. and I love the whole idea that in getting my license which I have to do anyway... I am now ready to vote....

sorry, y'all that loved him... I just no longer see it...

he is a large reason that 911 was allowed to happen... he just couldn't pull the tigger when he needed to...

JMO....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.