April 19, 2024, 08:47:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Obama Says He'll Meet GOP 'Halfway' on Health"  (Read 1367 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: February 10, 2010, 07:19:05 AM »

"Let's put the best ideas on the table," Obama told reporters after meeting with congressional leaders of both parties. "My hope is that we can find enough overlap that we can say, this is the right way to move forward, even if I don't get every single thing that I want."

Obama's overarching goals are to rein in medical costs and expand coverage to millions of uninsured. Specifically, Obama said he'd be willing to work on ways to limit medical malpractice lawsuits -- one of the main ideas Republicans have for reducing costs, by addressing the problem of defensive medicine. Democrats, who count trial lawyers among their most generous contributors, especially in an election year, have blocked all previous attempts to tackle the issue.

"I'm willing to move off some of the preferences of my party, in order to meet them halfway, Obama said. "But there's got to be some give from their side as well."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/09/obama-says-meet-gop-halfway-health/

This bill is a bad idea.  Bad for America.  Bad for the pocketbook.  Job killer.  Raises taxes.  (any rising cost due to legislation is a tax imo)

What would Obama give up? 

All those these he can put into place by Executive Order?  Obesity and wellness commission?  Siphoning the money from programs that are on autopilot?  Later there will be some excuse to give them permanent funding?

The 'Reinsurance' bailout for programs like the UAW VEBA?  Why do these programs get a windfall of money?  Early retirees on Main Street have to find their own insurance, pay their own way.  Why should taxpayers pay for these folks?

Tort Reform  Oops!  This wasn't in the bill.

Drug price reforms  Oops!  This wasn't in the bill.  I've heard numerous stories from seniors about drugs doubling in price since the health care hoopla began.  It must be OK because Obama negotiated a special discount for seniors.

When the global drug cartel fixes prices for other countries between say $2 and $20 dollars, Americans used to pay may $40-$60 dollars.  Thanks to Obama reform efforts, Americans will probably pay $60-unlimited for drugs. 

There will be a special category taxpayers must fund called 'experimental' drugs.  Any limits on what they can charge for experimenting with taxpayer money?  Maybe 'experimental' drugs will be the only ones available to meet the needs of seniors?  Free profitable drug trials for researchers?

America is broke.  World's largest debtor nation.  Why aren't we paying the $2 for drugs?  Why doesn't everyone on the globe have access to the same fair prices? 

Why are Americans subsidizing the rest of the global drug market?

Maybe Obama's team will select the best ideas?  Who's on the gold medal panel?

Why doesn't Obama want to consider that the BEST idea is starting over? 

Why doesn't Obama take the fraud, waste, and abuse out of Medicare and Medicaid without new legislation?

Why isn't Obama interested in freeing up competition?  Allowing Americans to choose the healthcare that best fits their needs based on price and coverage?  Understand that for some, healthcare isn't as important as other items?  And some may choose to go without?  Other only value healthcare when someone else is paying the bill?

Obama's healthcare bill doesn't have solutions, it has flawed deceptive taxing ideas.  It's forced purchase plan is un-American.

Americans need solutions  There are no solutions in Obama's healthcare bill, just job killers, political rationing, and taxation.  A greater squandering of resources than exists today...the nation is broke and can't afford it.

It's like Obama's latest EO, it's just not healthy for the nation.  There has to be a better way.  No sense throwing good money after bad.

my opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 07:38:16 AM »

From people who've been walking the reform walk since 2007 -

Our view: Health reformers must tackle costs first

If President Obama and the Democratic leadership on Capitol Hill are sincere about wanting to reform health care, they should start with measures that will reduce consumers' costs.

The fact is few believe Democrats' claims that providing health insurance to everyone in the country will reduce expenses. Most expect them to rise, as has been the case with health reform here in Massachusetts, according to a recent report from the Attorney General's office.

That's one of the reasons Republican Scott Brown was elected last month to replace that great champion of universal health care, the late Ted Kennedy. Brown's win upset Democrats' plans to try to railroad a comprehensive bill through Congress.

http://www.salemnews.com/puopinion/local_story_040235220.html?keyword=secondarystory

I listened to one man on the radio say his premiums in MA doubled every year.  $250 -> $450 -> $950

What does he have to look forward to next year?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.