April 25, 2024, 06:03:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Robert Brous (43) missing in St. Martin-Last Seen 1/22/10 Remains Found!!  (Read 11992 times)
martini
Scared Monkey

« on: February 10, 2010, 08:16:26 AM »

MARIGOT--The sister of the American man reported missing by the Gendarmerie on Monday says she is hoping the public on both sides of the island, through the help of the media, will come forward with any information that might help in locating her brother.
Robert Brous (42) had been staying at La Samanna with a female companion and was last seen on Friday, January 22, but has not been heard from since. The pair checked into the hotel the day before and he rented a new dark blue four-door BMW hard-top from Prestige Auto.
According to statements from the female companion, she felt tired Thursday evening, so the pair had dinner in their hotel room. Brous said about 10:30pm that he was going out "to check out the other side" while the companion went to sleep.
"He came back to the hotel room about 6:30am to pick up some things and then left in the car," Brous's sister told The Daily Herald. "He was wearing the same clothes that were seen in the photo you published. She had taken that photo of him the night before. We don't know what he did or where he went between 10:30pm and 6:30am."
Brous's sister and her husband arrived on the island Monday to investigate his disappearance and have been meeting with authorities on both sides of the island since. They plan to leave today or Thursday. They said the investigation had started to pick up speed last week Friday when the US Consulate was notified of the disappearance.
"The rental car company and Gendarmerie are looking for the car," she said. "There have been some sightings, apparently; one with him in it, another with a local driving it, and another sighting of the car with no licence plates.
"We believe he left the hotel with the clothes he was wearing, his driving licence, the car, and either one credit card or debit card. We checked with his bank and there have been no charges or activity on that particular card in his possession since January 22. We think he had some cash on him, but he left his wallet with his passport and other credit cards in the hotel room."
Robert Brous, the youngest of seven children, had visited the island many times when his sister owned a property in Pointe Pirouette, but she sold it 15 years ago.
"As a family we were coming here often, at least up until 1996. But I don't think Robert had ever been back until now," she said.
His sister described Robert, an interior designer and bachelor who lives in Los Angeles, as "friendly, upbeat, outgoing and social," but conceded lately he had not been "at his happiest," a situation not helped by the state of the economy in the USA. He has pale skin, freckles, green eyes, long eyelashes, dull reddish hair, and is about five feet nine inches tall.
"We don't see him as someone who would go underground or live on the beach. He likes to live well, he's very clean and he likes his creature comforts. We just want the people to know his family is extremely concerned, the authorities are looking for the car, and any information we can gather will help," his sister added.
US law enforcement is not involved in the investigation at the moment. US Consul Warden for St. Martin Lloyd Tackling confirmed that both French- and Dutch-side detectives were working on this missing person case.
"There were sightings of him on January 23 and 24: in Friars Bay on the 23rd and he was spotted again on either the 24th or 25th," said Tackling. "Apparently the Gendarmes have also seen the BMW pass without plates and are looking for it."
The French side prosecutor could not be contacted for further information up to press time yesterday. Anyone who has information about the disappearance of Robert Brous can contact the Dutch-side police at tel. 542-2222, the Gendarmerie at tel. (0590) 52.30.00 or US cell phone (917) 865-7318.

http://www.thedailyherald.com/islands/1-news/357-family-appeals-for-help-in-finding-robert-brous.html

Edit subject title:  add date last seen.  MB
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:41:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »

The gendarmerie is calling on members of the community to send any information they have concerning the whereabouts of an American national who disappeared since January 21 2010. According to a press release from the gendarmerie the missing man has been identified as Robert Brous who was born on Septemnver 10 1968 in New York. Brous was last seen driving a blue BMW rental car with license plate 751 ZBF 971. Anyone having information that could lead to Brous whereabouts is urged to call 00590 590 52 30 00.
http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/3732-american-man-missing-on-french-side.html

interesting comments

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 10:57:37 AM »

http://curacao.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/nXyIwfyZCXXtdMpu8FGccA/WEEKLY_News.pdf

News Items and Public Crime Summary for Week Ending
February 13, 2010

St. Maarten – U.S. Citizen Missing

The Gendarmerie on French St. Martin has launched an appeal for information on the whereabouts of U.S. citizen Robert Brous who went missing on January 21, 2010. He was last seen driving a midnight blue BMW rental car and may still be driving this vehicle. (Daily Herald)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 11:01:32 AM »

http://curacao.usconsulate.gov/uploads/images/nXyIwfyZCXXtdMpu8FGccA/WEEKLY_News.pdf

News Items and Public Crime Summary for Week Ending
February 13, 2010

St. Maarten – Sister of Missing Amcit Brous Appeals for Help

The sister of missing U.S. citizen Robert Brous (42) has appealed for help. The man, missing from the French side since Friday, January 22, was reported missing last week.

The sister said she is hoping the public and the media on the French and the Dutch sides of the island will come forward with any information that might help in locating her brother. U.S. law enforcement is reportedly not involved in the investigation at the moment. French St. Martin U.S. Warden Martin Lloyd Tackling confirmed that both French- and Dutch-side detectives are working on this missing person case. (Daily Herald)

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 09:31:43 AM »

Police identify bones found as Robert Brous

17 MAY 2017

PHILIPSBURG—The human remains found inside a BMW discovered in Great Bay just off Walter Plantz Square on January 23 this year have been identified by police as those of missing tourist Robert Brous.
In the month of January 2010 family members of Brous had filed an official report with the authorities on the French Side of the island stating that he had gone missing and had not returned home. He had been last seen driving a blue rented BMW.
A diver discovered the vehicle while diving in Great Bay on January 23 and immediately notified the police. The vehicle in question was a BMW with four doors which showed signs of being submerged for quite some time.
The vehicle was removed from the water at which time during the investigation, what seemed to be human remains were found in the car. The vehicle and the human remains were confiscated for further investigation.
A DNA sample of the human remains and that of a close family member of Brous were taken and sent to the National Forensic Institute in the Netherlands for comparison.
The results that came back confirmed that the human remains that were found in the vehicle are those of Brous. The investigation done on the vehicle also indicates that it was the same vehicle that Brous rented on the French side before he went missing.

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/66034-police-identify-bones-found-as-robert-brous

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.