April 26, 2024, 06:15:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Terrifying War Has Begun  (Read 32251 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2006, 03:44:45 PM »

I so agree tyler, at some point this drills down to lowest common denominators and like you posted, we either accomplish this or we give up to the most tragic ending.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2006, 07:53:24 PM »

I believe we are already in the beginnings of WW111 and have been for awhile.
The biggest problem we have in THIS country is there are those that refuse to believe this. Heck, a lot of people don't even believe we are in a "War on Terror".  Very dangerous. We could collectively lose our PC arses if we aren't careful.
I also believe the Newspeople AND the original sources of the classified info should be thrown in jail and tried for treason and hung if necessary.
When It comes to my beloved USA, I do not have a  bit of sympathy for any traitor, domestic or foreign.

My words to Israel..."GIT 'er DONE"

And good evening monkeys!.
I haven't posted much since I had oral surgery a couple of weeks ago and yesterday I tripped and fell FLAT. What a site. Glad I was alone and only the dogs and cat were here to laugh at me! lol! BUT...I can't move! I think I bruised every rib I own, not to mention my knee and the arm I had surgery on. Oh well. WHaddamess.

Louise..I don't know if I ever told you, but I thoroughly enjoy your posts. You are a very insightful and intelligent woman.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2006, 08:01:35 PM »

Oh, and before I have to go, I wonder if Israel will get overflight rights if it becomes necessary to take out Iran's nuclear sites?

I do believe if Tel Aviv is hit (which they now fear may happen) that the retaliation will be fierce and I think this could involve Iran since there are at least 100 Iranian Republican Guard helping fire these missiles from Lebanon .
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2006, 09:15:07 PM »

Tylergal, since you are reading the Bible, here are a few more interesting quotes (my comments in brackets):

1.  This is what the Lord says, He who appoints the sun to shine by day, Who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar--the Lord Almighty is His name:  "Only if these decrees vanish from My sight," declares the Lord, "will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before Me."   Jehovah, The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - Jeremiah 31:35-36 NIV

2.  They say, "Come, let us wipe them out as a nation; let the name of Israel be remembered no more."  They conspire with one accord; against You they make a covenant--the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites [Arabs], Moab and the Hagrites, Gebal and Ammon and Amalek [Jordan], Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre [Lebanon]; Assyria [Syria] also has joined them..."  Psalm 83:4-8   [This was prophecy for the future...our times?]

3.  "I will lay waste to your cities, and you will become a desolation.  Then you will know that I am the Lord.  Because you have had everlasting enmity and have delivered the sons of Israel to the power of the sword at the time of their calamity, at the time of the punishment of the endtime, therefore, as I live," declares the Lord God, "I will give you over to bloodshed, and bloodshed will pursue you; since you have not hated bloodshed, therefore bloodshed will pursue you."  Ezekiel 35:4-6

4.  [This is under the category "Who owns the land?"]  

"...Surely in the fire of My jealousy I have spoken against the rest of the nations, and against all Edom...who appropriated MY land for themselves as a possession with wholehearted joy and scorn of soul, to drive it out for a prey...Therefore, thus says the Lord God, "I have sworn that surely the nations which are around you will themselves endure their insults.  But you, O mountains of Israel, you will put forth your branches and bear your fruit for My people Israel; for they will soon come."  

and

"Therefore, say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the Lord God, "It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for My holy name, which you have profaned among the nations, where you went...for I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands, bring you into your own land.'"  Ezekiel 22  [Emphasis added.  This particular bit of prophecy actually began to be fulfilled in May of 1948 when the United Nations established Israel as a nation again for the first time since 70 AD when the second Temple was destroyed and the Jews scattered.]

5.  Re Ariel Sharon:  Western media thought Ariel Sharon was being sarcastic and evasive when a newsman asked him if he would give the Palestinians a state.  He answered, "There already is a state of Palestine -- it's called Jordan."  Which is a historical fact;  any student of history can look at how the United Nations divided up the middle east into separate countries after WWII.  

tidy

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2006, 09:22:42 PM »

Sorry.  I left out the overall quotes on the first two, and failed to cut off the italics at the end of the next to last quote.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2006, 09:22:53 PM »

Art Colley, good to see you. Sorry you have had problems.  My favorite animal people:  ArtColley & Tidycat.

Read on in Ezekiel.  Chapters 38 and 39, correlate with Revelations 20.

Thanks, Tidy, lots of reading for me.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2006, 10:22:35 PM »

Tylergal, thanks.  

ArtColley, good to see you...been a long time!  Hope you are okay after your fall, with no serious injuries.  I agree with what you wrote, and hope we are not already in WWIII.  What a very scary time.  And with what someone said (Tyler or None) about Hezbollah cells in this country, every scarier.

Pray, pray, pray.

tidy

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2006, 11:27:41 PM »

Goodnight, Tidy Kitty.  I think we have to be supportive of our president and his decision-making.  He has had more on his plate than any president since Lincoln.  

We must always never forget that Al-Quaida and Hizb'Allah are just a footprint apart.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2006, 01:15:11 AM »

Quote from: "Artcolley"
Oh, and before I have to go, I wonder if Israel will get overflight rights if it becomes necessary to take out Iran's nuclear sites?

I do believe if Tel Aviv is hit (which they now fear may happen) that the retaliation will be fierce and I think this could involve Iran since there are at least 100 Iranian Republican Guard helping fire these missiles from Lebanon .

My Art !!! {{{ HUGS }}}

I'm so sorry to hear about the spill you took, I hope you can take time to slow down and heal silly !!

Like you, I think these fine points regarding Iran are key to this, plus it just pained me to hear that thanks to China <again> Hezbollah has plenty of fine rockets to launch as well?

Get well soon !!

Tidy-

Thank you for these biblical references, I had forgotten several  Embarassed but want to share these with friends as well.

Like you, I think this has been inevitable and escalating to this for some time now. One can only wonder what the next 30 to 60 days may prove to hold for this globe in terms of affirming all of this?

I continue to stand with the girl.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2006, 02:43:03 AM »

Artcolley,

Thank you so much.

With love, Louise

Louise..I don't know if I ever told you, but I thoroughly enjoy your posts. You are a very insightful and intelligent woman.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2006, 10:07:30 PM »

You all have so many wonderful points and insight.  

All I have to say about the media and those who continue to leak information, besides they should be prosecuted, I think we can thank the UCLA for forcing beliefs of a communist state if we allow our country  to 'private' information.  They say "if our government can do this now, what will they do next?"  My answer, as I've said before, I have nothing to hide and if the govt. views my finances, my computer, my phone calls and it saves 1 life, then so be it.  Those who are paranoid, in my mind are hiding things they should be afraid of getting caught.  

People seem to forget out country was founded on Biblical principals, which is why I believe God has blessed us for over 200 yrs.  We are truly a peaceful country, maybe too giving at times.  I get sick of those conspiracy theorists!  Iwas watching a new program of College professors teaching that our government conspired 9/11 or Israel was the true culprit.  How insane can you get!  People need to get a life!
Now that we are taking God out of EVERYTHING, thanks to the far left and ACLU, I don't believe God is going to be there for us as he has been.  Do you blame him?  I do have one question for you all, as I've always wondered, and told various things, is America in the Bible anywhere?
My final thought, as much as violence and innocent people getting killed in Israel, Lebanon, Palestine, wherever, hurts my heart .  I know the Bible says God will protect Israel and I believe in my heart they will prevail.

It's, God forbid,  USA and others I worry about.  I truly feel in my heart we are in WWWIII.  I don't mean to sound like 'end of times' fanatic, but I feel it.  I pray I am wrong.  

One last note.  The news tonight stated Israel shot down a a new bomb Hezbollah has (from Iran or Syria) that could have reached 80 miles.  Much further north in Israel.  It's not hard to imagine they could easily have some chemical weapons on one of these.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2006, 10:08:41 PM »

Typo Correction above:  ACLU

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2006, 10:59:35 PM »

French expatriates wait to be evacuated Monday from Lebanon near the French Embassy in Beirut.

Reminds me of Viet Nam.

There are 25,000 Americans in Lebanon who cannot get out because it is too dangerous. They are told to register at the American Embassy and they never hear back from them.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2006, 02:14:26 AM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
You all have so many wonderful points and insight.  

All I have to say about the media and those who continue to leak information, besides they should be prosecuted, I think we can thank the UCLA for forcing beliefs of a communist state if we allow our country  to 'private' information.  They say "if our government can do this now, what will they do next?"  My answer, as I've said before, I have nothing to hide and if the govt. views my finances, my computer, my phone calls and it saves 1 life, then so be it.  Those who are paranoid, in my mind are hiding things they should be afraid of getting caught.  

People seem to forget out country was founded on Biblical principals, which is why I believe God has blessed us for over 200 yrs.  We are truly a peaceful country, maybe too giving at times.  I get sick of those conspiracy theorists!  Iwas watching a new program of College professors teaching that our government conspired 9/11 or Israel was the true culprit.  How insane can you get!  People need to get a life!
Now that we are taking God out of EVERYTHING, thanks to the far left and ACLU, I don't believe God is going to be there for us as he has been.  Do you blame him?  I do have one question for you all, as I've always wondered, and told various things, is America in the Bible anywhere?
My final thought, as much as violence and innocent people getting killed in Israel, Lebanon, Palestine, wherever, hurts my heart .  I know the Bible says God will protect Israel and I believe in my heart they will prevail.

It's, God forbid,  USA and others I worry about.  I truly feel in my heart we are in WWWIII.  I don't mean to sound like 'end of times' fanatic, but I feel it.  I pray I am wrong.  

One last note.  The news tonight stated Israel shot down a a new bomb Hezbollah has (from Iran or Syria) that could have reached 80 miles.  Much further north in Israel.  It's not hard to imagine they could easily have some chemical weapons on one of these.

Dihannah, you asked about the USA in the Bible, and I can find no references, but I find references to Gog & Magog befriending the Arabs.  Gog & Magog, in my understanding are Russia and China.  I hope you also note that they will fall, that God will bring about such an earthquake that the world has never seen, to protect Israel.

On another note in that same vein, my undertanding is that even after this  has happened, there will be another 1000 years.  I do not know what 1000 years is in the Bible, I do well to figure out what a fortnight is.

The devil is allowed to reign for a while.

We cannot fathom an earthquake of that magnitude, but would we have ever thought about the tsnumai and how quickly so many were destroyed.  The Christians were saved and so were many animals.  Strange for man to think that way, how we can see His hand moving in weather.  

Another thing and I hate to really comprehend Biblical text as I am not qualified but I have often thought the "big mosquitoes" are helicopters but they had no way of describing it otherwise in Biblical times.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2006, 11:28:45 AM »

Thanks for your response Tylergal.  Christians as I believe will be raptured before the 1000 yr. reign.  I believe that things are aligning before the rapture takes place.  But as the Bible says, no man will know the day or time...  He just gives us signals, Israel being one of the main signals.  Your right, gog and magogg,  look closely what is going on with Russia and China and add it to everything else taking place.

Has anybody read the "Left Behind" series?  Those were wonderful, suspensful books, even for those who do not believe in the Bible or the Rapture.  There is alot about the Jews and takes place in Israel.  The writers were very knowedgable of history and the Bible.  I learned a lot from it.  Like I said, even without putting faith in the story of Revelations, it is extremely believable, especially with what we see going on in he world.  I often wonder how anybody can question prophecy, when the Bible has proven correct all these years.  

But then again, people for centruries believed they were living in the "end of times".   However, I am fascinated with the history of the Middle East and curious while watching the current events taking place.  Your posts are very interesting and though provoking.

Art: I certainly hope your feeling better!  I had to laugh about your comment of nobody being around.  How many times have all of us been in that predicament?  So embarrasing.  And I am such a clutz! I wish that was the worst you suffered (the embarrasement)....     Wink

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2006, 02:43:53 PM »

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a
nation gone under." also by... Ronald Reagan

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2006, 11:35:29 PM »

Tyler, Dihannah, LV and  Tidy...

thank you for providing much room for thought... I need to read further.

Dihannah I started the Left Behind Series.. and for whatever reason didn't finish.. but I may pick them back up.

I am learning and adding to my understanding through all of you...

thank you because this is a very troubling time...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2006, 11:59:05 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Tyler, Dihannah, LV and  Tidy...

thank you for providing much room for thought... I need to read further.

Dihannah I started the Left Behind Series.. and for whatever reason didn't finish.. but I may pick them back up.

I am learning and adding to my understanding through all of you...

thank you because this is a very troubling time...

Mrs. Red, do read it.  It is an impressive piece of work.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2006, 02:40:48 PM »

.Australians Want Evacuations Expedited NOW

ABC Online

The World Today - Lebanese community calls on PM to redouble evacuation efforts

[This is the print version of story http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2006/s1690720.htm]

The World Today - Wednesday, 19 July , 2006  12:33:00
Reporter: Barney Porter
ELEANOR HALL: Back in Australia, senior members of the Lebanese community have called on Prime Minister John Howard, to redouble his efforts to bring a ceasefire to the region, saying it's time for him to call in some debts from his close friend, US President George W. Bush.

The delegation of Lebanese community representatives says only a ceasefire will ensure the safe evacuation of Australians trapped in the war zone.

And while a ferry contracted by the Federal Government is now scheduled to dock in Beirut this afternoon, the Lebanese leaders described the Government's response to the plight of the Australians still in Lebanon as shamefully slow.

This report from Barney Porter.

BARNEY PORTER: Lebanese community leaders today have made a comparison between the Government's response to the crisis in Lebanon, and another crisis closer to home.

SHAOQUETT MOSELMANE: In East Timor the Federal Government was decisive in its action and Australians were immediately evacuated.

In Lebanon, though, the Federal Government's delayed reaction was so apparent that it can only be described as shameful in the full meaning of the word.

One cannot but be appalled and shocked at our Government's delayed response, let alone the lack of interest shown by our Federal Government.

BARNEY PORTER: Shaoquett Moselmane is the Mayor of the Sydney suburb of Rockdale, and a prominent figure in the local Shi'ite community.

SHAOQUETT MOSELMANE: Here you have over 25,000 holidaying Aussie mums and dads and Aussie kids caught up in terrible and deadly circumstances.

And what does the Federal Government do? It cuts and runs.

BARNEY PORTER: Mr Moselmane has also bitterly criticised the Government over reports that the Australian Embassy in Lebanon closed its doors to concerned Australian tourists, and only left a recorded message directing them to a website of the Department of Foreign Affairs.

SHAOQUETT MOSELMANE: And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the best our Government could do. It was a shameful and disgusting act on the part of the Federal Government as it failed to act in the same manner as other foreign governments had done, giving their citizens a great sense of worth, pride and dignity as they deserved.

BARNEY PORTER: The Federal Government has defended its actions, pointing to the scheduled arrival in Beirut this afternoon of a ferry it's chartered from Turkey to help evacuate stranded Australians.

Dr Abraham Constatine is the President of the World Lebanese Cultural Union. He says the Australian Government should push for an immediate ceasefire.

ABRAHAM CONSTATINE: Once the ceasefire is in effect, we can bring people from the north, we can bring people from the south. I mean, people from one village in the south can't get to the next village, which is 5-10 minutes away, because roads are cut, all the infrastructure is gone.

So how do we expect thousands of people to get from the south to Beirut or to get from the north to Beirut to catch a boat or catch a bus?

And I'm sure our Prime Minister has a lot of favours to ask from George Bush.

BARNEY PORTER: Dr Constatine also says he rejects suggestions the Israeli military action is designed to send a message to the region.

ABRAHAM CONSTATINE: Well here they are bombing civilians in Lebanon and killing Lebanese civilians, and the US President is blaming Iran and Syria for the problems in Lebanon, so why doesn't he deal with those two countries directly instead of causing chaos in our land called Lebanon.

BARNEY PORTER: There have been calls by some world leaders that Israel's actions have been disproportionate. Is there any criticism of Hezbollah's actions, the original kidnapping of the two soldiers, the rocket attacks on Israel?

ABRAHAM CONSTATINE: Well, everything can be resolved through diplomatic and political means. We don't need a huge scale war destroying a whole country for the sake of discussing the fate of two soldiers.

I believe the plan was much bigger than the two soldiers, and now we're seeing it happen.

BARNEY PORTER: And do you think Hezbollah should pull back from southern Lebanon and allow the Lebanese army to ensure security in that area?

ABRAHAM CONSTATINE: At the moment, with the chaos present, we need an international intervention, we need solutions to be put to the Lebanese Government and assist the Lebanese Government in creating an atmosphere of peace and stop the killing of Lebanese civilians.

BARNEY PORTER: You're saying the Australian Government should push harder for a ceasefire, but Israel has said it's not yet ready to have a ceasefire. What else can the Australian Government do?

ABRAHAM CONSTATINE: Well, you've got to keep insisting. The more you insist, maybe, maybe we get a window of opportunity.

Maybe they feel in their heart that yes, they should stop for 24-hours and allow innocent people to escape from their areas, to allow Australians and foreign nationals to go back to their families, whether in Australia, America, Canada or anywhere else in the world.

They must see within their heart a kind spot to allow these people to escape.

ELEANOR HALL: And that's Dr Abraham Constatine, the President of the World Lebanese Cultural Union, ending that report by Barney Porter.

© 2006 Australian Broadcasting Corporation
Copyright information: http://abc.net.au/common/copyrigh.htm
Privacy information: http://abc.net.au/privacy.htm

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2006, 10:23:03 PM »

Thanks ANNA for posting that.. very eye opening.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.