March 29, 2024, 01:35:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Terrifying War Has Begun  (Read 32095 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: August 13, 2006, 05:46:26 PM »

And here is yet another good article on the fate of the Christians in Lebanon and how they were scattered to the ends of the earth while no one helped them at all.  This was before it was understood that the first ploy of the terrorists is to feign being the victim.  Anna

THANK YOU, ISRAEL!"
-- Exiled Lebanese Christians Speak Out From The Diaspora

By Brigitte Gabriel

"Thank you Israel," is the sentiment echoing from around the world from the millions of Christian Lebanese, driven out of our homeland. The Lebanese Foundation for Peace, an international group of Lebanese Christians, made the following statement in a press release to Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert concerning the latest Israeli attacks against Hezbollah:

"We urge you to hit them hard and destroy their terror infrastructure. It is not [only] Israel who is fed up with this situation, but the majority of the silent Lebanese in Lebanon who are fed up with Hezbollah and are powerless to do anything out of fear of terror retaliation."

Their statement continues:

"On behalf of thousands of Lebanese, we ask you to open the doors of Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion Airport to thousands of volunteers in the Diaspora willing to bear arms and liberate their homeland from [Islamic] fundamentalism. We ask you for support, facilitation and logistics in order to win this struggle and achieve together the same objectives: Peace and Security for Lebanon and Israel and our future generations to come."

The once dominate Lebanese Christians, responsible for giving the world "the Paris of the Middle East," as Lebanon used to be known, were killed, massacred, driven out of their homes and scattered around the world as radical Islam declared its holy war in the 70s and took hold of the country of Lebanon. Those who have survived this horror voice an opinion on the Islamist threat that they and Israelis have learned from personal experience.

While the world protected the PLO withdrawing from Lebanon in 1983 with Israel hot on their heals, another more volatile and religiously exteme organization was being born: Hezbollah, "the Party of God," founded by Ayatollah Khomeini and financed by Iran. It was Hezbollah who blew up the U.S. Marine barracks in Lebanon in October, 1983 killing 241 Americans and 67 French paratroopers that same day. President Reagan then ordered U.S./Multilateral Force units to withdraw and closed the books on the marine massacre and US involvement in Lebanon, in February 1984.

The civilized world, which erroneously vilified the Christians and Israel back then, and continues to vilify Israel now, was not paying attention. While America and the rest of the world were concerned about the Israeli/PLO problem, terrorist regimes in Syria and Iran fanned Islamic radicalism in Lebanon and around the world. Hezbollah's Shiite extremists began multiplying like proverbial rabbits, supplanting moderate Sunnis and Christians. Twenty-five years later, they have generated enough followers to vote themselves into 24 seats in the Lebanese parliament. And since the Israeli pull-out from southern Lebanon in 2000, Lebanon has become a Hezaballah terrorist base, completely run and controlled by Syria through its puppet Lebanese President and an armed Hezbollah "state within a state."

The latest attacks on Israel have been orchestrated by Iran and Syria, driven by two different interests. Syria considers Lebanon a part of "greater" Syria. Young Syrian President Assad and his Ba'athist military-intelligence henchmen in Damascus are using this latest eruption of violence to prove to the Lebanese that they need the Syrian presence to protect them from Israeli "aggression" and to stabilize the country.

Iran is conveniently using its Lebanese puppet army, Hezbollah, to distract the attention of world (and particularly Western leaders meeting at the G-8 summit) from the Iranian pursuit of nuclear weapons. Apocalyptic Iranian President Ahmadinejad and the ruling Mullah clerics in Tehran want to assert hegemony in the Islamic world under the banner of Shia Mahdist madness.

No matter how much the West avoids facing the reality of Islamic extremism in the Middle East, the West cannot hide from the fact that the same Hamas and Hezbollah extremists fighting Israel, share the same radical Islamic ideology that has previously fomented terrorist carnage and death in America and Europe. This is the same Islamist terror which Iran is threatening to unleash in America again, through co-ordinated suicide-bomb attacks, if America tries to stop Iran from developing nuclear weapons (Hamas, for example, now has the largest terrorist infrastructure on American soil).

At this point, the civilized world must unite in fighting the same enemies afflicting Israel, since they ultimately threaten the rest of the world with the plague of global terrorism. We need to stop analyzing these enemies' differences as Sunni-Hamas or Shiite-Hezbollah. Rather it is time to start understanding that their common bond in their fight against the West lies in radical Islam (the virus of extremist Islamofascism).

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
tidycat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2006, 09:38:40 PM »

Anna, do you remember where this article originated?

tidycat

Sigh.  I'll always be behind.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2006, 11:47:25 PM »

Hello,

This is Rabbi Schwartz's latest report on his experience on the Israeli / Lebanon border. He has arrived safely back in Los Angeles. He has a peculiar way of writing and spelling that I won't change but if it's something really weird, I'll put the meaning in parenthesis. And orthodox Jews do not write the name of God because it is too holy. They abbreviate it with G-d. I'm not an orthodox Jew.

From Schwartzie's Desk:
8/24/2006 2:07:24 PM Pacific Standard Time

I am back in LA, Thank G-d, and will share what happened with me at the Lebanon border just a few days ago:

This takes place one day before the "Cease Fire" (my luck). There R different kinds of Charity. There is Charity with your $; then there is Charity with your Body. I was in a cab a few days before the "Cease Fire" & the radio was turned up loud. It took me awhile 2 figure out what was going on, but then I got it. The radio announcer was just reading a list of names, ranks, & ages. I was just sitting in the back listening (especially 2 the ages; they were mostly young, 20 somethings), & feeling Helpless & noticing tht the cab driver was crying. It must've been catchy, bcz I started crying quietly to myself  about their wives that would never marry them & their beautiful children that would never B born, etc. I figured that since I don’t really have a lot of greenbacks, but  I'm here in this country already, the least I could do 2 help out is visit the soldiers rite B4 they go into battle, & cheer them up, put Tfilin on them, etc. (either of two boxes containing Biblical verses and black, leather straps attached to them which are used in Jewish prayer). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin

I wasn't prepared 4 how sincerely appreciative they all would B. I was also not prepared 2 B in an active WAR Zone! But more abt tht later. We drove up toward the North in a civillian car. We heard that since there was talk of a Cease Fire, the shelling on the cities in the North was particularly intense (but we really had no way of perceiving what that meant in real terms). We 3 were Americans & none of us had ever been in ANY Army, let alone in active Combat. We decided that we needed a little extra juice (AKA Mitzah (a good deed) Merit 4 protection). Since we had 2 pass thru the city of Tiberias on our way up north, we stopped @ the Tomb of Rabbi Mayer - the master of miracles, 2 pray. Tiberias is on the shore of the Sea of Galilee also known in Hebrew as Lake Kineret. Its one of the 4 Holy Cities of the Holyland. But its also a very crowded summer resort with many luxurious, 5 star plus, sky scraper hotels. The population is over a 100 thousand. With only 70% of the population having fled, it was an eerie GHOST TOWN. All the traffic lights were just blinking yellow. I guess they figured that since we were virtually the ONLY civillian car out, they really didnt need the lights anymore. As we drove around the Kineret, we were surprised 2 C, on the usually crowded beach --- NOBODY was there. Usually there R several tourist trap stalls, rite outside the entrance to Rabbi Mayers Tomb, selling kipahs & Mezuzahs & incense etc.  Everything was closed. But inside there were 8  men tht were waiting for two more so they could have a service with a proper Minyan (Quorem of 10).

Just then I met a new guy who popped in, whom I knew from Safed. So my 2 frnds went inside 2 the little Synagogue next 2 Rabbi Mayer's tomb & made the Minyan, & I stepped out with my buddy 2 talk. I asked him the OBVIOUS question with the two letter nonword tht is so explicit & descriptive in Yiddish "NU?!" meaning - So how's it living in Safed these days? He said tht on the 2nd day of the war a missile hit in Safed three houses away from his beautiful three story, with the amazing view that I still remember. (Tht shock was enough that his wife totally FREAKED & his 2 kids were terrified & they left a few hours later.) He went outside 2 C what happened & saw 4 young children, ages 4 thru 11, covered in dust & soot but standing still - unmoving -  actually, as if frozen in shock, expressionless. Then he saw that underneath the grey dust there was red slowly seeping thru the grey, so he took all of them 2 the only hospital there is in the (formerly) quaint little town that is Safed. He was very thankful 2 G-d  that it wasn’t a direct hit thru his home or he wouldn’t be telling me the story.

After praying @ the famous Tomb of Rabbi Mayer - Master of Miracles, in the Holy city (now EMPTY) of Tiberias, we drove for another 45 minutes due north 2 the border of Israel & Lebanon. Now there were NO civillian cars, only army vehicles & tanks & foot soldiers & they all stared in wonder & us civillians in our "regular" car. The noise of battle was deafening. It was mostly our cannons but somehow it was still quite terrifying. We 1st passed the city of Kiryat Shmona. It was a very nice city, with abt Fifty thousand inhabitants. It was one of the hardest hit by the Hizbullah shelling for an entire MONTH & was a worse ghost town than Tiberias or Safed. We didn’t see one civillian in the streets, but we did see what happens when a detached single family home takes a direct hit from a Katyusha rocket. It was a pathetic skeleton shell that smacked of violence, intrusion, & Death. A few minutes past Kiryat Shmoneh was a little town called Metulah. Its the furthest town north towards the border & the army had taken over the Empty town.

We drove for another few minutes & suddenly, on the side of the road to our right there was a huge wide open field that was the "staging ground". We parked on the side of the empty road & went into the camp. We thought the noise couldn’t get any louder but here there was a significant elevation in decibels. The Staging Ground had many huge tents with about 50 soldiers in each tent & abt 100 tanks. When night fell, the platoons would jog all night with a heavy back pack into Lebanon to the battle field, into Active combat. The mood in the tents was somber; yng men, mostly from ages 18 thru 23, contemplating their last few hours B4 the inevitable UNKNOWN - would they come back ALIVE ? Would they come back wounded - maimed 4 life, without limbs etc. As a rabbi & public speaker for the last 36 yrz of my life this had 2 B one of my toughest gigs, by far! The 3 of us had Tfilin & walked into the 1st tent. The first impression of these battle hardened soldiers was incredulity. The unanimous, unspoken question was "What in G-d's name R U guys doing here???" I saw that we immediately had the edge bcz even those who were not connected 2 religion figured out what a few older men with beards & Kipahs were doing there, carrying Tfilin. And they slowly recognized & very much appreciated ppl coming to visit them just B4 they went into a fierce battle, & help them pray for their safe return.

My Hebrew isn’t that good & I knew that about 70 to 80% of the fellows understood English, so instead of pussying around, I announced in a loud voice, "we Americans only have the 4th of July ONCE a year but U guys have it every day here - It's VERY LOUD!". When a few officers smiled @ the naive dumb religious Americans, the ice was broken & they began to feel sorry for us crazy fanatic but well meaning civilians that cared enough about them to make this fieldtrip. After a few seconds, some of the more friendly ones said, "we don’t even hear it anymore."  Now that is quite hard to believe. Others said that when the Hizbullah get really close, now that is called LOUD! At this point, I couldn’t imagine what they were talking about.

Then a very tough officer with a Commanding personality & a mucho macho bald haircut stood up. He was about 6' 2'', built like a brick s--t  house & all could C he was not into anything lite or EZ. He said, "I'm not religious & I don't put on Tfilin, but out of respect for U tht U came here, I'll do it". Of course, after him, everyone else slowly came forward & asked us to help them put on Tfilin since only two of them knew how to do it. It was quite moving for us 3 gringos. U could actually see fear & trepidation in the eyes of the young soldiers. This was no fun & games scene. Some soldiers whispered 2 us that we shoud really leave soon since there was intelligence that the enemy knew about this staging area & were gonna try to knock it out soon & it was gonna get dangerous. I couldn’t understand what could get MORE dangerous than being there rite then. We found out pretty quick! Our cannons started working overtime without a stop & really pounding the enemy positions that were only about 10 miles away. The noise became almost unbearable. I asked a soldier Y the change? He said that the enemy was trying to hit this staging area & in order to stop them, our cannons were trying to make them bzy. Well, the IDF did a GR8 job but two missles did get thru & landed about the equivalent of two blocks away & started a fire in the open field.

We had been there 3 hours & had been 2 most of the tents already. But those bombs that fell close by definitely influenced my decision 2 persuade my frnds 2 call it a day & get back into the car & try 2 outrun the bombs. We hugged some of the fellows & wished them well & said goodbye. They were ALL EXTREMELY appreciative. As we passed thru Metulah we heard air raid sirens, & then we again heard the sirens as we went thru Kiryat Shmoneh; but instead of stopping & getting out of the car 2 find an air raid shelter we just drove faster, & Baruch Hashem ( Thank Al-mighty G-d, Master of the Cosmos), it was Bashert (fated) tht we were not reduced 2 body parts & I get to share this with Y'all.

With love and peace , Schwartzie

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2006, 02:17:50 AM »

Thanks for the story Louise.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2006, 08:33:01 AM »

Louise,
Thanks so much for bringing us that story...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2006, 01:01:02 PM »

Yes thank you Louise. It really hits home when you are hearing the story from someone who was there as compared to just the media.

Just a swinging with the tribe
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2006, 01:35:25 AM »

Thank you all. I was stunned when I read it.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2006, 06:55:57 PM »

Louise, that is an amazing story.  It really makes me feel as if I was there.  Thank you for sharing it.  In many ways it was so sad but in others, it spoke to the caring of these "religious Americans" and what they risked to be there, to show their support.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2006, 06:11:20 PM »

I know the muslim world thinks the Hezbollah were hero's for standing up to the Israelis, but anyone with 'open eyes' can see that Hezbollah and Lebanon payed dearly for their actions.

Comparatively speaking all the rockets did little damage to Israel.

Hopefully the launching of the rockets was comparable to 'suicide bombing' with IDF taking out the launchers and the attendants almost instantly.

Now all we have to wait for is the ultimate 'suicide bomb' from Iran.

Also pretty darn sure the Hezbollah casualties were never really reported as well, I'll bet they are really hurting.

Does look like the Olemert government should be chastised for fighting the action too timidly and tentatively.

Another thing that the muslim press isn't mentioning is that the IDF still occupies southern Lebanon until the UN steps up to relieve them.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2006, 12:41:56 AM »

Thomas Sowell: People are calling for a cease-fire in the interests of peace. But there have been more cease-fires in the Middle East than anywhere else. If cease-fires actually promoted peace, the Middle East would be the most peaceful region on the face of the earth instead of the most violent.

An aggressor today knows that if his aggression fails, he will still be protected from the full retaliatory power and fury of those he attacked because there will be hand-wringers demanding a cease fire, negotiations and concessions. (“Pacifists versus peace,” Thomas Sowell, Conservative Chroncile, July 21, 2006)

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #150 on: August 31, 2006, 12:45:13 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Thomas Sowell: People are calling for a cease-fire in the interests of peace. But there have been more cease-fires in the Middle East than anywhere else. If cease-fires actually promoted peace, the Middle East would be the most peaceful region on the face of the earth instead of the most violent.

An aggressor today knows that if his aggression fails, he will still be protected from the full retaliatory power and fury of those he attacked because there will be hand-wringers demanding a cease fire, negotiations and concessions. (“Pacifists versus peace,” Thomas Sowell, Conservative Chroncile, July 21, 2006)

Yep, kinda why now adays you gotta hit them fast and hit them hard from the start before the media and UN hand wringers get started.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: September 23, 2006, 03:31:40 AM »

Hello again,

During the recent war, I saw a woman in the local supermarket wearing an olive drab T-shirt with the bold insignia of the Israeli Defense Forces in yellow. She had a small gold Star of David around her neck. I told her I would die for a T-shirt like that and where did she get it. She found it online and told me to Google around for all things Jewish.

I found a company in Tel Aviv and ordered a medium sized shirt. $18 including shipping and an Israeli postmark on the package. It arrived yesterday and the medium is too big. I was hoping to wear it with a long layered black skirt and a black velvet shawl. Ya know, a real contrast - feminine and militant. LOL. Those cylindrical things in the upper left part of the photo are wind chimes which I need to correct the fung shui bad luck for having three doors in a row - the idea is to break the energy coming in from going out. Feng Shui is a whole other world.

So I'm gonna order a "small" and send the "medium" to my estranged daughter. I know at the very least, it will make her laugh. The tag at the back of the neck says "100% cotton, made in Israel." I think she will wear it.

The top letters are the Hebrew letters for "IDF" and the bottom semi circle says "Israeli Defense Forces" in English letters.

The part that is written in Hebrew above the semi circle ... I don't know what it means but when I order the next shirt, I will be sure to find out. The site has tons of information.

Another thought that could make you crazy - English reads from left to right. Hebrew reads from right to left.

I better go to sleep soon as I'm fading.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2006, 09:56:03 PM »

Oh wow, that is an awesome outfit!  I love it....   When you get your other 'small' shirt, you have to get a pic with it on.  That's what I call a fashion statement! Smile

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.