March 28, 2024, 05:25:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 100hrs?  (Read 2529 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« on: January 05, 2007, 08:15:24 AM »

Looks like someone needs to remind the new House Majority Leader that the object of the game is to pass legislation that will make it into law.

Just because the House passes something, dosen't necessarily mean that the Senate will rubberstamp it or that the Pres will sign it into law.

Passing 'vetoproof' legislation ain't as easy as it looks.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:11:55 PM »

Guess the House wasn't in a real hurry to get started on it's 5 day workweek or to start that 100hrs clock ticking.

Looks like they had the priority of watching football on monday.

Well, at least they didn't do anything to mess things up any more.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 12:37:15 AM »

I have never in my life been as interested in politics as I've been in the past ten years. It's been enlightening and a great joy. Actually I began to like politics in the Truman era.

I've been discriminated against in many areas of my life: for being a Jew, for being a woman, for being taken advantage of over car repairs, for being paid lower wages than men for a comparable position, for parking lot attendants motioning me into a parking spot when I don't need their help. I could list 50 more things. But that is not the point.

The point is that I would never ever in my whole life have expected my political party affiliation to be discriminated against and attacked in such an insensitive manner as I am seeing here.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 04:48:04 PM »

I think LV that politics has gotten to the point where people feel that passionately about them..... it's our lives at stake.  I am an avid political follower and I find that I am attacked for my beliefs as well... and I will be the first to admit that there are times I feel personally attacked when I disagree with some of our posters.... not you or Carnut, but others ... but if I just keep talking I find I can either find something in the heart of the matter that I agree with the person on, or just agree to disagree...

Keep you chin up and keep on talking... but don't take the discussions personally, I think from what I see everyone pretty much loves talking with you....so I don't think anyone ever intends to be personal in here.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 09:43:53 PM »

Dear Mrs. Red,

Thank you. Love your new avatar. Thanks for reminding me that as long as we can discuss things openly, I'll keep on talking and hope everyone else will, too.

And thank you for the huge compliment that they love talking with me.

With love, Louise

I have to scoot over to the political forum.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 11:29:43 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I think LV that politics has gotten to the point where people feel that passionately about them..... it's our lives at stake.  I am an avid political follower and I find that I am attacked for my beliefs as well... and I will be the first to admit that there are times I feel personally attacked when I disagree with some of our posters.... not you or Carnut, but others ... but if I just keep talking I find I can either find something in the heart of the matter that I agree with the person on, or just agree to disagree...
Keep you chin up and keep on talking... but don't take the discussions personally, I think from what I see everyone pretty much loves talking with you....so I don't think anyone ever intends to be personal in here.

Mrs. Red, that says it all!  Diversity is good.  I love to hear others' viewpoints whether I agree with them or not.  Sometimes they can enlighten me to ideas I never thought of and even change my mind. Not often though!  Laughing     But that's what makes our country so wonderful, freedom of speech, but with sensitivity. We DO need to learn to "agree to disagree".

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.