April 23, 2024, 10:37:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #13 2/13/10 -  (Read 448544 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1500 on: February 22, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/19/obama-envoy-admitss-ill-conceived-past-remarks-defending-terror-suspect/
Updated February 19, 2010
Obama Envoy Admits 'Ill Conceived' Remarks Defending Terror Suspect
Rashad Hussain, President Obama's new envoy to the Organization of Islamic Conference, and Sami al-Arian, who pleaded guilty in 2006 to conspiracy to aid a terrorist organization. (FNC/AP)

President Obama's new Muslim envoy Rashad Hussain admitted Friday to once defending a man who later pleaded guilty to conspiring to aid a terrorist group -- an admission that contradicts earlier claims from the White House that the quotes had been mistakenly attributed to Hussain.

Hussain, named by Obama as an envoy to the Organization of Islamic Conference, said Friday his comments at the time were "ill conceived or not well formulated."

In 2004, the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs quoted Hussain saying at a seminar on Muslim issues that Sami al-Arian was the victim of "politically motivated persecutions" after al-Arian, a university professor, was charged in 2003 with heading U.S. operations of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad.

Al-Arian pleaded guilty in 2006 to conspiracy to aid the group -- designated by the U.S. as a foreign terrorist group since 1997 -- and was sentenced to more than four years in prison.

The Web version of the 2004 article in the Washington Report on Middle East Affairs was later edited to delete all of Hussain's comments. Editor Delinda Hanley told Fox News last week she believed the change was made in February 2009.

Hanley didn't recall who requested the edit, but Hussain said Friday that he had contacted the publication to "raise concerns" about comments that he said were "without context, leaving a misimpression."

"Eventually, on their own accord, they modified the article," said Hussain, who was a Yale Law student and an editor of the Yale Law Journal at the time of the panel discussion.

The White House initially responded to the controversy by saying this week that the remarks about al-Arian were made by his daughter, Laila al-Arian. But on Friday, Hussain affirmed that the comments were his.

"I made clear at the time that I was not commenting on the allegations themselves (against al-Arian). The judicial process has now concluded, and I have full faith in its outcome," Hussain said. "I made statements on that panel that I now recognize were ill conceived or not well formulated."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1501 on: February 22, 2010, 01:56:12 PM »

Just going through last nights skating.  Looks like I forgot to hide the remote as someone may have cancelled the taping last night as the time does not look long enough to have gotten it all.

Here is a interesting outfit

They were very controversial too Northern. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1502 on: February 22, 2010, 01:57:51 PM »

I had a lady come in once while I was gone to clean, and I went over everything. In my mind I'm the only one that does the cleaning the right way 

that's almost as bad as cleaning before the cleaning lady comes because you don't want her to see it dirty! 
And I also wash my hair and style it before I go and get it cut    Glad your pup is doing well  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1503 on: February 22, 2010, 02:04:22 PM »

Okay, all you monkeys that like to clean, come to my apartment I will give each of you a room/closet/cupboard and you can clean to your heart's content. I am a pack rat and have trouble throwing out stuff, so come on down and have a junk throwing out party.  an angelic monkey

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1504 on: February 22, 2010, 02:04:41 PM »

Hello monkeys!!

I'm so tired of this cold weather, I could scream!!

No Rose and Bananas, I am laughing cause I am so much like the two of you! I can tell the instant someone moves the tiniest of things, and it makes me nuts! Especially if they didn't put it back exactly the way it was before they touched it! And please, don't touch my laundry!! 

I guess we have an eye for detail!

Well hope you all have a great day!! 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1505 on: February 22, 2010, 02:10:49 PM »

Okay, all you monkeys that like to clean, come to my apartment I will give each of you a room/closet/cupboard and you can clean to your heart's content. I am a pack rat and have trouble throwing out stuff, so come on down and have a junk throwing out party.  an angelic monkey
I will, it is therapy for me to clean.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1506 on: February 22, 2010, 02:11:15 PM »

Just going through last nights skating.  Looks like I forgot to hide the remote as someone may have cancelled the taping last night as the time does not look long enough to have gotten it all.

Here is a interesting outfit

They were very controversial too Northern. 

They did not impress me.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1507 on: February 22, 2010, 02:11:41 PM »

Hello monkeys!!

No Rose and Bananas, I am laughing cause I am so much like the two of you! I can tell the instant someone moves the tiniest of things, and it makes me nuts! Especially if they didn't put it back exactly the way it was before they touched it! And please, don't touch my laundry!! 

You got that right, don't touch my laundry either, don't even fold my towels, please.
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1508 on: February 22, 2010, 02:13:58 PM »

Hello monkeys!!

You got that right, don't touch my laundry either, don't even fold my towels, please.

LMAO... if someone else folds my towels, I end up refolding most of them.... gosh No Rose, we are too much alike.

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1509 on: February 22, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »

Hey Gizzie!   

~ Peter Frampton
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1510 on: February 22, 2010, 02:18:43 PM »

Hello monkeys!!

LMAO... if someone else folds my towels, I end up refolding most of them.... gosh No Rose, we are too much alike.

I used to get mad because no one would ever help do the wash, but once they did, all I would do is moan and groan that they did it wrong!

Or if they don't dry off around the sink area after washing dishes? I hate seeing it spotted all up with water drops!

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1511 on: February 22, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »

Hey Gizzie!   

Hey Trimm!! 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1512 on: February 22, 2010, 02:23:38 PM »

Hello monkeys!!

Me too
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1513 on: February 22, 2010, 02:25:36 PM »

Hello monkeys!!

I used to get mad because no one would ever help do the wash, but once they did, all I would do is moan and groan that they did it wrong!

Or if they don't dry off around the sink area after washing dishes? I hate seeing it spotted all up with water drops!
Oh that's one of my big things, wipe up around the sink and counter. Also I wipe the tub and shower doors down after each shower or bath. I don't want water spots on things 
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1514 on: February 22, 2010, 02:30:16 PM »

Hello monkeys!!

Oh that's one of my big things, wipe up around the sink and counter. Also I wipe the tub and shower doors down after each shower or bath. I don't want water spots on things 

YES!!...Makes me crazy!!...They're the slobs, not us!!

Speaking of...I have to get something done around here. I can't wait to be able to sit outside and enjoy the sun!!

Have a nice day!!

bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1515 on: February 22, 2010, 02:38:10 PM »

Hello monkeys!!

I don't like them either, I always wipe up after myself and think everyone else should as well.  What they always say is it's only water! ..... gosh we are a bunch of nit pickers aren't we?

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1516 on: February 22, 2010, 02:46:30 PM »

I had a lady come in once while I was gone to clean, and I went over everything. In my mind I'm the only one that does the cleaning the right way 

Good morning monkeys....

No Rose this is my exact problem as well.  I am too picky.  We did hire Merry Maids for a few months and I finally started doing it myself again cuz I just want it done MY WAY.  LOL.  It did come in handy when my foot was broken though!
I'll bet it came in handy when you broke your foot  an angelic monkey But I'm real picky also, when I dust I want the item put down exactly the way I had it  I can tell a mile away when someone has touched or moved things in the house, I've always been a neat freak, and it's getting old 

I have very little sitting out...I prefer uncluttered surfaces cause like you, I am a neat freak.  My friends poke fun at me cause I am hell with a toothbrush and clorox clean up! And the hand held steam cleaner..that thing is terrific.  I also have a very tiny house so if anything is out of place it's very obvious.  My son comes over and I can be assured he has messed with something.....just to mess with me...yesterday it was my closet..turning hangers, mixing clothes together..gggrrrrrrrr
OMG, my husband and girls would do that with me, and then take bets on how fast I would notice the thing moved out of place 
, gotta love our jokesters Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1517 on: February 22, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »

I love to throw other people things out!  Will be right there!   
I worked at resort hotels for many years and learned to live in very small quarters and with minimal 'things'.....and learned some space saving things that worked for me and have kept it working. I am always amazed to see how many things people collect....who really needs 6 spatulas! 

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1518 on: February 22, 2010, 02:58:20 PM »

you all are cracking me up with your neat freak stuff!!! my hubs is just like you all! I used to be a neat freak but I got over it! lol!  hubs will "take over" any job that I start to do around the house, otherwise he will re do it...so I don't even bother...I do what needs to be done and the house is always clean and tidy...hardly any thing out of place till the grand kids come over lol...different story then!

Hubs was/is so bad that he would take people's plates to put in the dish washer as soon as they laid their fork down! even if they may have wanted seconds! grrrr...I got on him about that so he stopped..he has to always load the dishwasher or else he rearranges it after someone else loads it..
I swear that it is a curse to be that neat and tidy...!

the one thing that I always do is arrange my closet so that I have all black stuff together, all reds, all whites together etc...it works really neat cause it helps to match up outfits quicker..otherwise my closet is usually a mess! but everything is in it's color area!

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1519 on: February 22, 2010, 03:00:04 PM »

I love to throw other people things out!  Will be right there!   
I worked at resort hotels for many years and learned to live in very small quarters and with minimal 'things'.....and learned some space saving things that worked for me and have kept it working. I am always amazed to see how many things people collect....who really needs 6 spatulas! 

Uh.....that would be me...hehe I also have 6 whisk....

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.